D & B Electric

Founded 1992 • With Angi since May 2006

4310 N Tioga Way

Las Vegas, NV 89129

Family owned & operated. Award winning....

01/24/2020

Patti T.

Rather than buying a completely new fixture or replacing the ballast, Dave converted the old fixture to LED, quick, excellent price, and was here at the time he promised. I was so impressed that I am having him return to convert the two lights in my kitchen, and trust him for any job I cannot do myself, and know his price with be MORE than fair!!! Dave will be my "go-to" guy from now on.

Description of Work
Converted fluorescent fixture to LED

09/13/2017

Rodolfo S.

David (owner, D&B Electric), who was one of the few "A" rated electricians with Saturday hours, answered the phone when we called him just after 7:00am. He was able to visit our home within three hours. He and his assistant were able to diagnose the cause of the power outage, replaced the GFI outlet, and had the power back on within about 50 minutes.

Description of Work
A faulty exterior GFI outlet resulted in a power outage in our family room (which includes ceiling fan, entertainment center and DVR). The outage occurred on a Friday night, so we were concerned about how many days we'd be without power.

05/05/2017

kimberly A.

Very well. Expedited service and even explained the issues. Thanks!

Description of Work
Tricked breaker and bad GFI

02/26/2017

christina J.

Excellent; Dave pulled the outlet and it was burnt and melted. I appreciated that although he was on a job when I called, after hearing my details he told me he could come over when he was done. This was also late on the weekend so much appreciated.

Description of Work
Electrical outlet shorted out, then appeared burnt (black) and continuous heavy electrical burning smell.

02/04/2017

Janet W.

Description of Work
We removed some old cabinets the day before new ones were to be installed in our garage and found an electrical outlet hidden behind. We called and with short notice Dave came and moved the outlet for us so we could keep our installation on schedule. Very easy to work with and made helpful recommendation on another project we were considering.

01/27/2017

bridgette R.

After paying 4 other handyman services/ Electricians who could not correct the problem with fireplace, some of whom quoted me a replacement/ repair price range of $500 to $2000 - I was fortunate to come across Dave and what a fortunate event that was. Thank you Angies's List!!! The vendor or company as it were,... was absolutely FANTASTIC! Got the problem resolved with no parts replacement, instead it was a quick fix and I only paid $80.00. Too bad I did not visit Angie's List sooner, I would have saved $240 on Vendors who could not resolve the problem. This company took me from frustrated, dejected and despondent to bliss. Great work and many thanks Dave!

Description of Work
I My gas fireplace was not working and after paying 4 other handyman services/ Electricians who could not correct the problem with fireplace, nor could they categorically identify the problem. Some of whom quoted me a replacement/ repair price range of $500 to $2000 - I was fortunate to come across Dave and what a fortunate event that was.

08/31/2016

Robert L.

Perfect. The opposite of big company coldness. Knows his stuff and is responsive.

Description of Work
Rewiring ceiling lights

08/13/2016

Renee E.

Called them to come out to look at light all he did was hit a couple of buttons and wanted to charge me $80. I asked him if he had a senior discount , he told me he would charge me $70 and kept complaining about having to drive 30 minutes . I just wanted to let others know about this,..THE BOTTOM LINE I PAID HIM AND HE DID NOT FIX THE LIGHT...There was no mention of travel charge .

Description of Work
Fix Light

Category electrician

I know exactly who she is because I have very few people that are unhappy with the price of my service call. She had a timer for the lights on the side of her house that were not coming on. She had called 3 companies to come fix it, because she was leaving town and wanted it fixed before she left. I arrived first. I reprogrammed her timer. The timer could be set to the minute, I set it for 2 minutes so we could see if they came on I tested it and the lights came on. I then set it to come on at night time. When she asked how much, I told her $80, which is my standard service call. She said you were only here a short time, I told her yes, but it also takes time to drive here. She complained so much I dropped it to $70. This service call was on July 25, I haven’t heard anything from her that it didn’t work after I fixed it. It is possible that now 2 months later the battery has died, or the lightbulbs have burned out. I am very conscience to be fair with my customers. She had a problem and I took care of it. She never called back to say that there was a problem, this is the first I knew of it. However because I did fix the problem, I don’t feel I should give her the money back.

08/09/2016

Kim S.

The service was exceptional! I called David in the morning, and he came out in the afternoon. He was prompt, extremely knowledgable, and very nice - even when the project became more complicated than originally anticipated. I will definitely call him again the next time I need any electrical work done.

Description of Work
New electrical outlet in closet

06/24/2016

Brian M.

David and his Son were on time, resourceful, and professional. Our living and dining room feel like new rooms shinning in those amazing lights. Thanks D & B Electric. It pays to work with a family business: they treat your projects like their own!

Description of Work
We have 20 foot high vaulted ceilings and needed two hanging chandeliers replaced and we couldn't even find a latter that was tall enough to reach. David and his son came to our rescue.

02/18/2016

JEANNE S.

This was the second time I called them. I would use them again.

Description of Work
They came out last week and analyzed what was wrong and then came back yesterday with a new fan and light and installed them.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

01/13/2016

Richard D.

.I called 2 places on Angies list and neither business called me back. David answered and came right over. His manner and professionalism was exceptional. His price to do the work was great. We have kept his card and will call him first as we have more work for him to do. I will recommend him to family and friends.

Description of Work
Replaced gfi switch that kept switching off. Made sure I understood what he was doing.

12/18/2015

Gail P.

He came same day and went right to work. If we tried we couldnt raise one complaint- including the cost. Will definitely call him again

Description of Work
Found cause for kitchen corner receptacles going dead, repaired wiring in oven so top and bottom lights would work.

Category appliance repair, electrician, lighting

11/06/2015

Penny S.

Arrived early. Checked out and fixed stuck breaker, fixed can light. repaired broken switch on a ceiling fan. Answered multiple questions and fixed several issues. He was very honest and could have charged us for work we thought we needed, but didn't actually need. He was friendly, tidy, and informative. Will definitely use him again. Would refer him to our friends.

Description of Work
repaired can light, repaired ceiling fan switch, fixed stuck/stiff breaker

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

07/17/2015

Amer K.

He is very fast and very efficient and competent.

Description of Work
Fixed a timer light switch I had been trying to install myself all day long. It took him all of 10 minutes.

06/13/2015

Robert K.

I had two new chandeliers that needed to be hung. D & B advertises in our local community magazine AND gets good reviews on Angie?s list. I called and Dave Berrett showed up the same day. He was very friendly, very efficient, and the new chandeliers were up in about an hour. Did I mention I have twelve foot ceilings? His price was very reasonable and he didn?t charge me extra for helping him. A few days later I called Dave again with what I thought was a problem with a built-in oven. He showed up within the hour, did a quick diagnosis and explained to me that I did not have a problem ? the oven was functioning properly. And there was no charge for the brief service call. Dave now is my go-to guy for electrical work.

Description of Work
Installed two chandeliers and a dimmer switch.

03/11/2015

Melissa G.

He was very friendly and knowledgeable. I will definitely call him again when I need more work done.

Description of Work
He originally came to install some power plugs on my second floor under the eves for some bistro outdoor lights and unfortunately we couldn't do it because he would have have to go thru my attic that had zero crawl space. So he help me figure a different place to plug them that would accommodate the required amount of wattage. He also checked on the breaker for me that I thought needed to be changed and found out that it was not the case.

02/19/2015

Clark W.

They were on time and the work was fantastic. These guys are good!!!!!

Description of Work
Complete re-do of our kitchen lights.

10/03/2014

William G.

David was here on time, he jumped right into the job and was done in a flash...would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Did Troubleshooting on my Doorbell.

09/23/2014

howard S.

Called for estimate for electrical work for TV wiring. Received call back 2 days later. Said he would check his schedule. Seven days later he finally called back. Left a message said he was too busy and was not interested. Would never use this electrician in the future.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category electrician

I am sorry you had such a hard time. I generally get back to a call within a day, and like to schedule to do the work within a couple days, sometimes the same day. Being a small company I can't always do all the jobs I want. That is unusual that it was 7 days. However in the long run I am sure you would rather be told no, than like some companies say they will do it and then never show up.

08/02/2014

Sharlette R.

We called and were so lucky that he could come over in less than one hour since the one AC unit and the hot water heater were both impacted by the circuit breaker problems. He got straight to work, found the problems. Then he did the other issues we thought of : fluorescent lighting, GFI switch fix and checked one outlet, beyond the original call request. When he was done, he spoke with us about other things he was able to do. We will contact him again for our electrical needs.

Description of Work
Circuit box problems, worked on fluorescent lights, fixed a GFI switch problem and checked a questionable outlet.

07/25/2014

Edgar M.

Old School kind of guy. Came, got to work and fixed things pretty quick. Explained and showed me the problems. I do recommend him and plan on using him next time I need electrical work.

Description of Work
Repaired cooked circuit breakers, repaired short in fuse box and replaced furnace transformer

07/19/2014

DR GARRY L.

It went really well! David and his helper showed up on time, we showed them what we needed and they got right to work. David did the florescent fixture while his helper (don't remember his name) did the fan. When they were done with that, they both worked on the outlets we wanted to be replaced. They worked diligently, were very personable, got everything right the first time, and cleaned up after themselves nicely. I would highly recommend them to everyone and will definitely use them next time I need any electrical work done. Great job!!

Description of Work
Replaced ceiling fan / light in dining room, florescent fixture in kitchen, and several outlets throughout the house.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

07/12/2014

Sammy W.

We set up a date and time for Shane to come and fix the switches. He said he would call when he was heading over to us. He called and arrived on time. Shane is very nice and worked quickly and efficiently. We agreed ahead of time to pay $100 for him to fix the switches they were fixed in about 40 minutes. The cost included his time and the two switches.

Description of Work
We have to switches that were not working.

07/03/2014

Nathan B.

When our electric water heater went out on a Saturday, David came out the same day to fix the problem. He was very knowledgeable regarding the issue and quickly resolved the problem. He was on time, courteous, and very reasonably priced. We plan to use him for other electrical projects in our home.

Description of Work
David fixed an electric water heater.

Appliance Repair Pros LLC

We specialize in appliance services, maintenance, repairs, and installs, for all major brands and models! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today

Eagle Electric

Offers by Eagle Electric on Angi
    Progressive Electric LV INC

We are providers of electrical services in Las Vegas area. Our mission is to maintain the highest quality and professionalism from start to finish. We are confident in our results because all our jobs are custom for the needs of each home. We strive for the highest degree of quality products and workmanship. During the years in business, Progressive Electric LV INC has satisfied many customers. It is our reputation of quality work, professionalism, and customer service our customers continue to rely on us for their needs. To understand the expectations of our customers, we take great care to work and communicate with every customer professionally. We base our reputation on service, safety, and quality. Call us today and find out how we can meet all your electrical needs!

Trouble shooting problems, wiring for fans, lights, phone & TV outlets, extra doorbell chime, hang ceiling fans, change out fixtures & household electrical items.

Pools, jaccuzzi wiring & complete new home wiring.