Cardinal Landscape

Founded 1993 • With Angi since May 2006

We work with the SNWA (southern nevada water authority) as a preferred contractor and are partnered with THD (the home depot) as a full service home installation C-10 contractor. our company is also a member of the SNLA (southern nevada landscape association). Members of the SNLA take pride in their workmanship and promotion of the green industry with each and every job using the latest water saving products & techniques available....

A Service Provider's profile image

+24 more images

lawn & landscaping (157)irrigation system (85)hardscaping (54)landscape lighting (19)stone & gravel (18)lawn treatment (8)lawn care (241)tree service (25)concrete repair (6)Patios (5)architect (4)land surveyors (4)

06/06/2022

Erroll A.

Garth was fantastic in looking at the problems with our watering system. He offered inexpensive solutions first, before trying to “sell” me his services. With 30yrs experience & expertise, he could easily charge more but discovered it was an electrical issue, which he fixed. And I paid him a fair price for his short visit. Thanks so much Cardinal! We’ll use you again!

Description of Work
Fix watering system

Category irrigation systems

Work Completed On 05/26/2022

03/11/2021

Cherie R.

Very professional. Fast work. Good work. Very affordable. We'll call him again.

Description of Work
Put in new drip system manifold

Category concrete repair, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

03/05/2021

Carol N.

the yard looks great, a few misunderstandings but all worked out very well. definitely would hire again.

Description of Work
front yard landscaped, cement walkway and steps to front sidewalk, path lighting

Category concrete repair, hauling services, landscaping, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 03/04/2021

07/23/2020

Stacey M.

Cardinal did a great job on our landscaping project. We had the full backyard landscaped (including synthetic grass) and half of the front yard as well. The price was reasonable, work was done quickly and everything looks great!

Description of Work
Front and Backyard landscaping.

Category landscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 09/16/2019

Thanks for reporting our services.

05/07/2020

Zachary Z.

Exceptional job! Garth is super knowledgeable, responsive and his team were professional and quick! Went from a backyard full of weeds, ugly pink rocks and a dying old tree to a beautiful new yard complete with flowering plants, a new tree, irrigation, astroturf and a firepit. My girlfriend and I have a place to hang out now outside and adore it! Would work with his company again for future projects and definitely recommended.

Description of Work
Full backyard landscape. Old rocks, and tree removed.

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/20/2020

05/05/2020

Diana S.

Cardinal landscaper did an awesome job with my backyard & would highly recommend. Garth was quick to answer my emails & any questions I may have . Would hire them again in the future

Description of Work
Patio and added decorative rocks

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

04/28/2020

jordan S.

Talked to Garth with Cardinal Landscape, set up appointment for him to come out and give me a quote. Gave me the quote about 2 days after initial appointment. Once I decided to go with Cardinal Landscape for my back yard, he sent over an official drawing that i submitted for my HOA. Garth had his crew showed up at 8:30am and they began work. I had a previous paver patio and they extended it, added grass turf , 13 plants and a tree along with rocks. It took them about 3 days to accomplish. Once done you could see a color difference in the previous pavers and the new pavers (old pavers had been down a little over a year and probably just weathered). I informed Garth of my concern and he came out and attempted to pressure wash the old section of the patio, that did not work. Garth had no issues with saying he would replace the miss colored section of the patio. His crew came back out and replaced the area with new pavers and the backyard looks amazing. I would recommend Cardinal Landscape for you landscaping needs. Great work!

Description of Work
Backyard landscape (paver patio, shrubs, tree, turf, and rocks)

Category landscaping, architect, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

03/03/2020

Gordon H.

The owner, Garth, is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. The two man crew were professional, hard working and pleasant. I was pleased with the job they did.

Description of Work
Front and Backyard landscaping.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 03/02/2020

08/06/2019

Rodel U.

Job went well and in a timely manner.. There were a few very minor issues which were taken care of very quickly.

Description of Work
Backyard landscaping.. extended patio and artificial grass.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

04/29/2019

Ann E.

We are very happy with the service that was provided. They showed up on time, provided excellent service and they were very professional. They also check out and made sure oure sprinklers were working and covering the whole yard. Would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
We had our old grass in the back yard removed and new grass put in.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

04/10/2019

William S.

He was a complete jerk!!!! May have nothing to do with his quality of work but attitude is important.

Description of Work
Asked for simple quote

Category lawn service

This client called to have us do a clean up on a rental property and told us he had another quote and wanted to know if we could match that price, when I said no he became enraged that I wouldn't even consider his offer. Then he stated he couldn't understand how we had an A rating! I explained it had to do with our quality of work and not price matching. I don't think this qualifies me as a jerk just because he wanted us to do his work at someone else's price.

03/19/2019

Scott L.

It went well. He was punctual and professional. He replaced part quickly. Good communication.

Description of Work
Replace backflow valve

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 03/19/2019

01/22/2019

Sally H.

Garth and his team did an awesome job on my backyard. They extended my existing paver patio, adding a firepit and put in my landscaping. The job was done in a timely manner and it looks just beautiful! Garth was very easy to work with and responded quickly when I called or emailed him. His team was very professional and very nice to work with. I definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Backyard landscape, Paver patio, firepit

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, plumbing, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 01/21/2019

12/07/2018

Christina M.

Honorio and his guys arrived on time, got to work right away, and cut back lantanas, sages, rosemary, and other shrubs. They were careful with the drip system and worked expeditiously in both the front and back yards. They gathered all the debris and bagged it before hauling it away. They left my yard neat and clean. I would definitely use Cardinal again. Garth, the owner, is a stand-up, fair, and professionsl businessman. He gave me a fair estimate, and his crew did the work to my satisfaction. Thank you!

Description of Work
Trim shrubs, blow debris, haul away yard cuttings.

06/20/2018

Lauren W.

Verbal quote did not match written quote. Garth actually admitted to misquoting but wouldn't amend the written quote.

Description of Work
Gravel in yard

Category pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

I showed up at this members home on time and spent an exceptional amount of time speaking with her regarding this small project and future work. I returned the quote to her the same day and she emailed me that my quote was incorrect. I sent the member a picture my actual hand written notes while standing with her and she still claimed i had told her a different amount, and that i better adjust my pricing to meet her perceived memory of the dollar amount. She claimed our price was in the middle of two other quotes she received but was also unhappy at how i arrived at my pricing that included delivery costs of materials. I feel blessed this member did business with another company as a $440 job is not worth all this aggravation.

06/12/2018

Jeffrey C.

It couldn't have been better. Garth, the owner, was very skilled at the planning process and documents needed by the HOA. His crew was very professional and we found them to also be very helpful and cooperative. Cardinal is highly rated and we now know why.

Description of Work
Removal of old landscaping and installation of new.

Work Completed On 06/07/2018

05/25/2018

Nick O.

My experience with Cardinal Landscape was great! Garth responded to my initial Angie's List message quickly and came out the next day to take a look at our yard. He diverted one of his teams to take care of us the same day. The team trimmed our wildly overgrown front yard, tamed our back yard, and cleaned up all the debris and detritus in, around, and under the plants and other landscape features. Our yard looks great! I will definitely be reaching out again in the future to have another service done.

Description of Work
Front and back yard cleanup

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

05/12/2018

JAY Z.

Great company to work with. Very efficient and great value for all of the work they did. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Landscaping for front and backyards.

Category landscaping, lawn service, pavers, gravel

04/16/2018

Linda K.

Great,They came on time and was very helpful.

Description of Work
hook up sprinkler system

Work Completed On 04/16/2018

03/29/2018

Keith B.

Awesome. Garth showed up when he said he would. His estimates over the phone lined up with what the actual costs were. He was able to resolve the problem on the first visit. Would hire him again.

Description of Work
Sprinkler Repair

Category lawn service, irrigation systems, plumbing

Work Completed On 03/19/2018

10/05/2017

Ileene C.

Good at first. Then the owner arbitrarily and unilaterally changed service terms, limiting his team to 45 minutes. This allowed only for "blow and go". Unfortunately he did not change the amount he was billing, which was for full services. We kept noticing dying or dead plants because staff had no time to check the watering system to make sure it was functioning properly. No pruning or trimming took place after the change. We contacted the owner who did not express one bit of concern, nor did he question why, when we terminated services.

Description of Work
Weekly landscape maintenance service

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment

45 mins was all that was contracted to complete the weekly work, our crew was consistently spending double the time and we had to reduce their work time. At no time was it ever a mow and blow service. Our client offered to pay more but with all the time we spent trying to collect monthly billings we too thought it was best to terminate service.

09/24/2017

Cindy F.

The work was ok however I felt like I was putting them out.

Description of Work
Clean up in front and back yard

Category leaf removal