Bugsy's Blinds & Custom Shutters

Founded 2003 • With Angi since May 2007

6335 Dean Martin Drive

Las Vegas, NV 89118

In the highly competitive marketplace of name brand window fashions and window covering products, it is crucial to have a savvy, well-seasoned team strategizing, coordinating and implementing your window decoration ideas....

01/25/2020

Alana B.

First let me say that the front desk staff and Rafael were amazing. This rating isn't based on my experience with them. This rating is based on the installer and the continued lack of communication and delay in installation. I ordered 3 shades for my home and I was told that they would arrive in about 3 weeks. They arrived on time and we set an install date and time. The installer, Pedro, came to my home to install the shades. First, he blamed the fact that my windows weren't the same size throughout (they tell you to measure in 3 different places on a window so I told him this), then he blamed the manufacturer for not cutting the blinds to the correct size. Which one is it? That did not sit well at all. The best part, he actually asked me if he could cut part of my wall encasing the window to make the blind fit. I'm serious. He wanted to cut my wall to fit the shades. Why is this person installing shades? One shade allegedly fit, it doesn't. He argued with me that all of these shades are short (they are not, I've been to other showrooms and asked other installers) plus the cassette is more than half way jutting out of the top. It's a horrible install and the product is too short. I once again call and I send pics. I'm told that as soon as there is an update I will hear one. It has been about 2 weeks since the failed install and I have absolutely no resolution. It's really poor customer service and I'm really unhappy that I paid 100% upfront. I see this is why they have no sense of urgency in fixing this nor improving my satisfaction with this experience.

Description of Work
Installation of Shades

02/06/2018

John A.

Fantastic; The were very punctual and fast. They did my entire house, every window in one and a half hours.

Description of Work
Put shutters in my entire house!

07/08/2017

Bill W.

good, except they had to come back and make a couple adjustments.

Description of Work
shades in kitchen

06/19/2017

Mary L.

Salesperson had ample samples, provided great ideas and options.

Description of Work
Needed window treatments for kitchen & diningroom due to newly remodeled kitchen

04/04/2017

Heather S.

I called Bugsy's to get an estimate on shutters for my entire house and a roman shade for a small bathroom window. Rafael came out for the estimate. He was very nice and had great recommendations for shutter and trim size. We hired them and used their 18 months 0% finance credit option. The shutters were done in about 3 weeks. The installment took about three hours and 2 guys. They were very professional and clean. We had a couple odd shaped windows that the shutters did not fit so they took them back for an adjustment and were reinstalled in a couple days. Bugsy is a great company with a very knowledgeable staff. The shutters exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
Plantation shutters and 1 Roman shade for small bathroom window

Category window treatments, hurricane shutters

09/27/2016

Jeri D.

Went to Bugsys and talked with Sales Associate (Christine). After thinking about options we called back and talked with Rafael who asked us to come back down to look at solar shade display. After talking with him and looking at different options we decided upon sliding panel shades. We called back and talked to Rafael who referred us back to Christine. We asked to see some large samples of 3 different color samples. Christine said she had to research to see if there was a cost associated with large samples and that she would call us back. After several days we hadn't heard back. I called Christine and she sounded like she had forgotten about our request. She said she would put us at the top of her "to do" list but couldn't tell me when she would get back to us. I asked to talk to Rafael and was put through to his voice mail. I left a message but never received a call back. What a waste of our time. We made an extra trip to their storeroom based upon Rafael's request and made a selection based upon his advice and when we attempted to move forward with selecting a color, we received absolutely NO follow through!

Category window treatments

Dear Member, We're sorry you were unhappy with your trip to our store. I researched this matter internally and was able to get to the bottom of what happened. The large samples you were requesting are not something available for us to just give customers at no charge and that was the basis of your visits. This information should have been relayed to you immediately, but Christine was trying to go out of her way to get it for free. We were short staffed that week on extra help and is why Christine wasn't able to immediately follow up on this. I'm normally there to help when we are shorthanded and would have been happy to assist you, but like anything in life I had family priorities. Why you resorted to posting such a negative review I can understand, but no purchase was ever made so you didn't get the red carpet treatment we give to all customers. Rest assured we're a great company to do business with and we have many repeat customers. Sorry things didn't turn out to your satisfaction. Sincerely, Conrad Trevino

08/23/2016

Brandi C.

Excellent! I dealt with Gregg Rodeghier for the second time for my new house. He is always courteous, prompt, and professional. I got a bid from Bugsy's that was 1/3 of what other companies quoted. I saved a lot of money and got great service. A++++ for Bugsys!

Description of Work
Shutters for a new house

11/04/2015

CORY B.

I do not give my business to companies that require deposits for a simple estimate for exterior window solar shades. There are many other highly rated companies that will politely coordinate a free estimate.

Description of Work
The provider was not very polite or helpful on initial contact. They were trying to collect a deposit for and estimate and would not coordinate a free estimate like ll the other solar shade/ blind companies.

Category window treatments

This member called our office on a late afternoon and wanted an estimate with us to just go to his house and measure his home from the outside of the house because he was not going to be present. He also made it very clear he couldn't commit to meeting with any of our sales designers, because he did not know when he was going to be coming to town. In cases such as these when purchaser can't be there for any reason and just wish to have an estimate without committing to a time where we can give a face to face presentation our policy is that we do collect a fee that goes straight to our designers for there time, travel and fuel expenses. Being that you are a realtor, you of all people should understand people's time are invaluable. In hindsight we probably wouldn't have been the best company for you, but thank you for the feedback. Sincerely, Rafael Ferrigno

06/22/2015

Katherine T.

GREAT! My only knock was that it took three weeks to get the blinds after they were measured, and it could be easier to pay for them online. But overall awesome job!

Description of Work
Installed a solar screen and four blinds

Category window treatments

Member, Thank you for the feedback. We have actually listened to our customers and now offer DocuSign for paying online. Thanks again for your business. Sincerely, Conrad Trevino

06/16/2015

Denise L.

desinger was not much help at suggestions for my windows. luckly i knew what I wanted and the brand I wanted for all windows except the slider. I paid over $1000 for window shade for the sliding door. I picked an off white so it would be totally neutral. When it was delivered it looked yellow. I was very disappointed with the color. I was told it was the color I ordered and they would not help me. I was told I had to contact the manufacturer. I could never get a call back from the manager. I could never get the information to contact the manufacturer. Very disappointed in the customer service. There are so many blind companies in Las Vegas I wish i would have shopped around more. For the price I paid I expected more.

Description of Work
blinds through whole house

Category replacement windows, window treatments

Dear Member, If you recall we ended up replacing your sliding door shade with a brand new color, because you didn't like the way the light came through it. This was taken care of on the company dime at no additional cost to you. We appreciate your business and always strive to make our guest as happy as possible. If you are still unhappy with the product, please contact me directly at (702) 476-6583. Sincerely, Rafael Ferrigno

03/13/2015

SHIRLEY H.

The work men came on time but one set was damaged in the box.. had to come back later. Then over time, four out of the seven sets of blinds had issues with putting them up and down. Either the "puller" string broke or I had issues with them pulling up and down evenly or I had to jerk slightly all the way down to get them to go down. One set was getting warped and not settling even when I closed it. I finally called the end of February to have them come out to fix all these problems. Was told none of this was covered because it was over three months since they were installed. AND it would be $75 paid in full up front before I would see a workman. I was livid but paid it to get them out. They came on time and were here for maybe ten minutes. They manipulated the strings and got the ones I had trouble to work----for them. Two of them went back to being hard to get down and are still kind of crooked but I refuse to pay to have them out one more time. They did say that the warp one was bad and took pictures. It took about two weeks before they called back and said they would replace that one free. I would NOT recommend this company and will never deal with them again. I think the product is shoddy and their practices of paying in full before they will come out is ridiculous. Never ever had to do that with any other contractor of anything. Do not call them or use them.

Description of Work
I wanted slats on seven windows downstairs. The lady that came out was very nice and professional and we got a deal done. I paid 50% down but what got me is that I had to pay the rest BEFORE they came out to install the blinds. Was very reluctant to do that.

03/05/2015

Gemma W.

Terrible. Wasted my time. Showed up for the appointment, spent time talking to him about what I wanted...but never called back or emailed with the estimate. He seemed professional but not even a phone call or email with the price? Will not recommend to anyone. Will actually tell people not to use them.

Description of Work
I called to set up an appointment to get an estimate for shutters/shades on a new construction house. Gregg showed up and measured the windows. He told me he would email me the price. Confirmed my email address...shook hands, and that was the last I heard from him.

Category window treatments

Dear Member, Thank you for the opportunity to talk to you this morning. We are not perfect and we are looking into this internally to make sure these situations don't happen in the future. Rest assured one employee doesn't represent the full scope of our overall business. Our sales team make there livelihood by communicating with our guest. Clearly that didn't happen. As mentioned on the phone, you can contact me directly in the future and please let me know if you don't receive the gift card. Sincerely, Conrad Trevino

01/31/2015

Leonard W.

excellent. Very professional . Very happy with the job.

Description of Work
sun screens on whole house and window treatments inside house.

12/30/2014

Chris S.

Our sales person was wonderful. She was very patient as we made our choice. She brought a large selection of samples into the house and never seemed to be tired of holding them up to the window while we narrowed it to the one we wanted. The company quoted a certain time to fill our order and added, "but it's usually less than that." That was the case and they set up installation a week before we thought we'd have them. They're pricey, but that was our choice, and we feel completely satisfied with the product and pleased that they came in even earlier than expected. We'll certainly use Bugsy's again when we need window coverings.

Description of Work
Delivered and installed blinds to kitchen and family room.

12/30/2014

John A.

They had good price, quality looking, and the service was great.

Description of Work
We have used Bugsy’s Blinds. They provided us with window coverings.

12/17/2014

Katherine T.

Broken clip on blinds fixed and replaced

Description of Work
Provided additional part

09/14/2014

Jerry F.

Don?t be mislead by the rather unusual name ?Bugsy?s Blinds?. This is a first class company that does outstanding work and is so easy to work with. We selected Bugsy because of their Angie?s list ratings. We first contacted the company through their web site and told them what we wanted. They responded immediately with a phone call and scheduled to have Gregg come out and take custom measurements and provide us with a quote based on what we knew we wanted. Gregg was great! We accepted the quote and were contacted by their office when the blinds were ready to schedule installation. We were having our house painted so we scheduled installation for a Friday expecting the painters to be finished on Thursday. Mid week we were concerned that the Painters wouldn?t finish so we contacted Bugsy to see if we could reschedule for the following Saturday. They said sure no problem and their installers come on Saturday exactly on time. The installers were really efficient and did a great job with the installation. Our experience with Bugsy is the type of experience everyone wishes for when dealing with a contractor. We don?t know how they could improve on the entire experience we had. We whole heartily recommend Bugsy and will definitely consider them for any future window coverings we might have.

Description of Work
Replaced all vertical window Blinds in the house with horizontal window coverings.

Category window treatments

Dear Member, Thank you for such kind words. It's customers like you that make our business thrive and makes us love what we do. Thank you for business and feedback! :) Sincerely, Conrad Trevino

08/21/2014

Joyce M.

She even looked up Angie's List number and gave recommendations for other window treatment companies that could help me.

Description of Work
Christina was as sweet as can be informing me about what kind of service they do. They could not hang my drapery up, and suggested a handyman.

07/30/2014

Katherine T.

Did everything that they promised, two installers arrived on time and completed the job of 21 windows in about two hours. After we ordered the blinds they were installed about a week later. We first tried Lowes for blinds but they cut them all to wrong sizes, yes Lowes would have been cheaper, but the quality of Bugsy's blinds is much, much better and they fit perfectly as well.

Description of Work
Installed blinds for my entire 2300 square foot house.

07/21/2014

katherine A.

Their professional consultant/designer came to our house to measure and match some existing shudders we had in the home. She was prompt and very professional. She walked my us the various options and choices and helped us pick out what we needed. The installers were on time and very professional as well. They did an awesome job and we will use them again on the future for sure

Description of Work
Purchased and installed draperies and replacement shutters in a couple of rooms of our home. \

06/11/2014

Bob M.

Very well. Prices on shutters were very good, selection of other products was very good. After installation, we noticed we could see light coming in around the outside of the shutter frames. The frames were very minimalist and the windows have bull-nosed edges, but regardless, things didn't fit right. The installer came back and came up with a few options, then the owner came out and decided to replace all of the shutters. I fully expected to get the run-around like you would from most businesses in town. Instead, they did whatever it took to make things right. I'll also add that my sales lady, Cathy, was a dream come true. We were moving into a beautiful new house and she went way above and beyond what I expected in helping us pick patterns, colors, styles, everything I couldn't do. She even recommended locations to hang certain paintings!

Description of Work
Installed shutters, blinds, and drapes

Category window treatments

Dear Member, Thank you for your business and the opportunity to make things right. We value you as a customer, please come see us again. Sincerely, Rafael Ferrigno

06/04/2014

Wayne B.

They were very fast and efficient. They had a quality representative. She didn't over represent the product.

Description of Work
They installed solar screens in my home.

Category replacement windows

06/03/2014

David B.

Sales, manufacturing and installation all went perfectly. We love them.

Description of Work
Shutters for 7 big windows.

04/10/2014

Claudette D.

I love them. They do what they say they're gonna do.

Description of Work
I had a problem with some blinds that I had put in and the sun messed it up so Bugsy's Blinds and Custom Shutters came out and put all the woodwinds in.

03/26/2014

Connie M M.

All went well. Both appointments were on time. The work was done on time and the debris taken away. I would definitely use them again.

Category replacement windows