Artistic Iron Works

Founded 1990 • With Angi since May 2006

4.2

105 W Charleston Blvd

Las Vegas, NV 89102

Serving the Las Vegas Valley since 1971, Artistic Iron Works is a family run, veteran owned state-of-the-art 33,000 sq ft ornamental iron gallery and custom fabrication facility located downtown Las Vegas, in the heart of Arts District. Renovations completed in 2005 have established Artistic Iron as the largest full service wrought iron company in the nation. With over 50 employees, daily operations include design and fabrication of decorative wrought iron creations with 10 welding and fabrication stations, 7 installation and repair crews, full service powder coating and CNC Plasma cutting departments. Artistic Iron Works has been revolutionizing the ornamental iron industry since the opening of the new showroom, located on 105 W. Charleston Ave near the I15 and Commerce Ave. The showroom features sample vignettes and rooms displaying various types wrought iron and finishes, including Renaissance, French, Southwest, Contemporary, Mediterranean and Italian. Artistic Iron sells and custom fabricates every kind of decorative iron work, iron fencing, security doors, window guards, home entryways, safety pool fencing, pool gates, metal & glass doors, iron gates, wine cellar doors, balconies, railings, traditional & spiral staircases imaginable. Also, a great number of other products are showcased as well, including a large selection of curtain rods, indoor furniture, patio furniture, trellises, window boxes, wine racks and wine cellar doors. The proprietors of Artistic Iron Works have been in the iron industry for more than 43 years and are members of the Better Business Bureau and the National Ornamental & Miscellaneous Metals Association (NOMMA) and are strongly committed to improving the wrought iron furnishings industry through education and advocacy work. License# 0031909 - bonded to $500,000...

12/28/2019

Daniel M.

I used Artistic Iron Las Vegas to build a security gate for my business. They took too long to build my gate so I called them in an attempt to cancel. However, they strong-armed me into paying them thousands of dollars for work that I no longer needed due to them taking so long. I even told them that they can keep the 50% deposit and that they would not have to deliver on the remainder of the contract. They turned down my offer and said that the contract must be fulfilled or that I would still be responsible for the remainder. If I were you I would steer clear or tread carefully if you're considering hiring Artistic Ironworks. Threatening to sue customers like this is the ultimate form of pettiness. EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention that I got robbed AGAIN before this company could get my gate up. What a great feeling... getting robbed, calling this company to put gates up, getting robbed again... trying to cancel because they took to long, then figuratively getting robbed by the company that was supposed to stop me from getting robbed. Give me a break Artistic Iron Works Las Vegas!

Description of Work
Iron Security Gate for Las Vegas Business

04/04/2018

CHARLES S.

They were on time and the work was done in two and half hours. VERY PROFESSIONAL!!

Description of Work
Front gate

08/09/2017

Conrad T.

Description of Work
I am extremely thrilled with our iron gate that was installed a year ago. The whole process from start to finish went flawless. I called on a Friday afternoon about 4 weeks ago and I wanted someone to come out on a Saturday morning. Jimmy came over and worked with us on our budget and design for a Tuscany themed iron gate for an entry way.

Category fencing, wrought iron, doors

07/01/2017

Judy M.

The pool fence was to have two gates. They put the fence in May 2017. They put in only one gate. It is July 1, 2017 I'm still waiting for the second gate to be put in. They kept giving me the run around.

Description of Work
Pool Fence

Category fencing

04/13/2017

Lindsay G.

This company is ridiculous! As a Veteran, I am APPALLED that this company even promotes themselves as a "Veteran Owned" company. This company lacks professional workmanship and integrity. It clearly states in their contract that they can do a horrible job and not be held responsible for it. In the small print you will find the words " customer agrees that AIW will not be held liable for any such disturbance or incidental damage occurring or related to the installation of our products" When you call to resolve the issue, the "Customer Service" Manager will remind you over and over again that you in fact did sign the contract regardless of the quality of workmanship. The only remedy they offered was a $50 discount, use putty to cover up the damaged door frame, and repaint it after I purchased my own paint. Then after 2 weeks after installation they will send you certified mail threatening legal action if you do not pay for their terrible installation job. Also, they threatened to come and remove my door if no payment was made. Unbelievable! So, if you want a horrible installation job, then by all means, please hire this company.

Description of Work
Security door installed

Category wrought iron, doors

Ms. [Member Name Removed] bought a Security door from us on February 23, 2017 in the amount of $500. We came and did custom measurements, Fabricated and powder coated all for that price. Her installation was complete on March 20, 2017. When we secured the security door by using 3"-5" lags in a split was created in the wood door frame. However, I would like to point out that there was already previous damage to her door frame. I'm unable to post the images but I do have these images saved. Ms. [Removed Member Name] is correct when she says that our contract does state that we can't be held responsible for damage that is created during installation because of cases like this where there is already prior damage, because our customer satisfaction is very important to us we will do what we can to try and rectify the situation and make it right. When Ms. [Member Name Removed] informed me of the issue I immediately set up a service call and sent our guys out there to patch the split. I informed Ms. [Member Name Removed] that we did patch the split and if she supplied the paint we would be happy to go out there and paint the door frame. She was not happy with my offer and instead wanted us to replace the entire door frame or give her a discount of $350.00 dollars. I did offer her a discount of $50 dollars which she did agree and accept. Please understand that our customers are very important to us and we try to accommodate all of our customer the best we can. Thank you for you service! Jacquelynn Rondeau Customer Service Manager 702-387-8688

03/24/2017

Susan S.

It turned out beftter than my expectations! I will be saving money to accomplish another job I have in mind!

Description of Work
I needed a security fence for my home

Category fencing, welding, wrought iron

Good Afternoon, Thank you so much for your review! It is greatly appreciated!! Thank you for being a valuable customer if you have any questions or would like any other work please feel free to reach out! I will be happy to Assist! Have a wonderful day! Jacquelynn Rondeau Customer service manager 702-387-8688

02/20/2017

Craig N.

Nice selection of options for design and colors that are available to see in their showroom made it easier to select our door. Install went well. It seems like a very nice looking, sturdy, secure door.

Description of Work
Purchased an iron security door.

Category wrought iron, doors

Good Afternoon, I'm so pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the way the entire process went!! Thank you for being a valued customer! If you need anything or have any questions, feel free to reach out to me I will be happy to assist! Have a wonderful Day! Jacquelynn Rondeau Customer Service Manager 702-387-8688

10/17/2016

Pamela M.

Dallas designed two nice doors that fit the style of the house. He even designed a doggie door for my back door!

Description of Work
I needed screen/security doors.

Category fencing, wrought iron

Good Afternoon, I know it's a little late for a response but I would like to thank you for your review! Dallas is great and I'm so glad you think so as well! Have a wonderful day!! Jacquelynn Rondeau Customer Service Manager 702-387-8688

09/14/2016

Mickey K.

No one ever called me back to set an appointment for an estimate.

Description of Work
Security front door

09/06/2016

Brian B.

Terrible service! They removed my existing gates, dropped the new gates and left. They said they would be back the next day to install them. Guess what? They never showed, and 5 days later, the gates are still sitting here, uninstalled, while my gates are still missing. I go down to the office and the owner offers me a $100 credit, and because I hesitated, he said, "how about nothing?" Talk about arrogance.....Never getting my business again. Let's see if they show up tomorrow like they are supposed to.....

Description of Work
New security gates

08/21/2016

Nani L.

Perfect. The office staff was very pleasant and responded to our request efficiently. Because they put in the original gate and the repair was very minor we were not charged. I want to add that because of crime in Las Vegas, in general, we feel so much more secure with our gate and we never unlock it unless we are expecting a delivery that we have initiated. We encourage all who can, to put in a high, locking, security gate and use Artistic Iron Works.

Description of Work
We needed an adjustment to the gate locking mechanism due to some ground settling. Artistic Iron Works had put our gate in in February of 2014.

06/20/2016

herb W.

They did a great, professional job. They were in and out in a matter of hours.

Description of Work
They installed security doors. Iron with an iron screen behind it. Plus iron window guards.

06/16/2016

Jerry T.

I had the salesman/estimator come over to my house in early May. Artistic Iron Works had so many choices for security doors that it can be overwhelming. The salesman helped me and recommended what he that might look good including color choices. When I got back from vacation I was called and the installers were here the next day. It took about two hours to install the doors. I think they look great. The workmanship is top notch. The only downside is that they are somewhat expensive. But, if you want something that looks good on your house you have to pay for it.

Description of Work
Created custom wrought iron security doors for the front and back doors of my house.

Category fencing, remodeling, welding, wrought iron, metal restoration, doors

11/20/2015

jerome G.

We contacted Artistic Iron Works because of their reputation of being the best in the business and a referral from our next door neighbor. Dallas came out to our house and listened to our concerns and showed us some samples. He even walked around the block with us to see some examples of other neighbors that we liked. He then sat down with us and drew up some sketches and showed us some finishes after doing a few measurements outside. He was very low pressure, but thorough in his presentation. My wife and I are not impulse buyers and decided we wanted to see their showroom on Charleston before making our final decision. The showroom was amazing, and we were able to see all of the examples we discussed with Dallas at home. After spending about an hour there, we ended up not changing a thing and went forward with the purchase at the store, who had our order on file. Delivery took longer than we would have liked, but after the install, I can honestly say, we couldn't be happier with the purchase. The iron looks amazing on our home and has really enhanced the exterior. For people who are sometimes overly cautious with a purchase, my wife and I have absolutely no regrets and can say this was one of the easiest and most comfortable purchases we have made in a while. About a month after the install, I began to notice a little bit of surface rust, I thought may have been from the excessive rain we recently had. I called the business to get some cleaning tips, not expecting much more than that. After listening to the issue, the lady at Artistic explained that what I described was normal weaping and scheduled a service call where the problem was immediately fixed and they even left behind some touch up at no extra charge. I don't anticipate making another iron purchase in the near future, but if I did, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Description of Work
Installed iron courtyard gate/fence and iron decorative security door.

10/12/2015

Eileen J.

I complained many times that the fence was not adequately constructed to do what I had contracted for. The bars were wide enough apart for my dog to get through. A few re-welds were done over the course of 6 mos. Every time I called them I got someone different who didn't seem to know who in the company I should even be dealing with. At one point a man came to the door and said "we're here to fix the fence, do you want to come out and show us what you want done?" I was so disgusted I slammed the door. Meantime 3 guys were out there doing a little welding which did no good what so ever. At this point I gave up and made the final payment.

Description of Work
I had them build a fence on my property in Las Vegas, NV. I specified it had to be built to contain my chiahuahua from getting out of the yard. I have been complaining and trying to get things fixed for that purpose. I finally gave up on Sept. 29, and things were never fixed or completed. I gave up and now have to install wiring and a collar to keep my dog from getting thru or under the fence. They were exptremely difficult to deal with.

Category fencing, welding, wrought iron, doors

We sold the exterior fencing for the purpose of closing off the yard. We explained to the customer when the ground slopes and pitches that there will be rocks that need to be moved to cover the gaps. We sent out our crews 4 different times to move fence panels up and down to accommodate as best as possible. Customer refused to move rocks. We sent the supervisor out on 3 occasions and still could not pacify this customer. Our customer service goes above and beyond when there is an issue. For the record, it is a 35 mile trip one way and we don't mind doing it if we can resolve the issue.

09/17/2015

Dawn C.

Didn't go well at all. Totally forgot about me after signing the initial contract that was supposed to take 3-4 weeks. I had to call (over 5 weeks later) to see what was going on. Work was incorrectly measured but installed anyway, appointments were missed and the whole thing dragged on for over 12 weeks. They will not renegotiate the contract even when they are in default. Never heard back from sales guy, no apologies but there were tons of insults about the construction of my home from people who have never seen my house. Black caulking was used to secure the knuckles on the stairs, workers dropped iron stair railings on my wood flooring, they had to make iron frames to cover the exposed screws in the side windows and arch, I could go on. All I can say is use this company at your own risk. They are good up until there is a problem then you are basically screwed. I will say that at first they offered me $200 off of a $22,000 bill (I laughed) still without coming out to my home to see what all of the problems were, I said $2000 (less than 1% of the bill) would be an okay amount, they countered and in the end it was a take it or leave it $500 off of the bill and extended warranty. Again, use this company at your own risk.

Description of Work
They provided new wrought iron front doors and stair railings.

07/24/2015

Daniel M.

This company failed our expectations so many times I strongly discourage anyone from using them. A straight forward spiral staircase job become months of shoddy welding, damage to the house during installation, shoddy repairs to house, then argumentative office staff, shouting contests, finally after threatening to file a complaint with the construction board, owner relented and gave a discount that didn't cover the stress and waste of time involved in this project.

Description of Work
spiral staircare, pool gates

Category wrought iron

Yes there was issue, some jobs present more challenges than others. There was a pop out in the way, the customer approved to shave down and said they would touch it up their selves. After we paid for the carpenter to shave the pop out down, customer paid.

07/14/2015

Conrad T.

I am extremely thrilled with our iron gate that was just installed today. The whole process from start to finish went flawless. I called on a Friday afternoon about 4 weeks ago and I wanted someone to come out on a Saturday morning. Jimmy came over and worked with us on our budget and design for a Tuscany themed iron gate for an entry way. After I got my HOA to approve our design, within two weeks it was fabricated and installed this morning. They called me the night before to confirm and showed up on time this morning. Excellent job and a company who stands behind there words.

Description of Work
Provided a security entry way gate to our front of the house.

08/18/2014

Andrea B.

I had two gates installed for my home to replace the ugly existing ones that were not up to code from the previous home owner. They drew a sketch for a nice simple gate with black powder coat and delivered 3 weeks later. Other than having an issue with the gate lock malfunctioning and them having to come back out, the gates are awesome. Now I have privacy since these gates have a metal panel instead of the screen like what is seen all over my neighborhood. **Update** I'm very upset. The whole reason for buying this large gate was so that I could feel secure. I no longer feel this way. Within the 10 days of having the gate installed my lock failed to keep the gate secured. What's the point in spending so much money for a gate if it won't lock and gives people access to my yard? I initially thought it was the lock but realized that it was an issue with the gate install. I called a locksmith twice to see why my gate door could pretty much be pulled open without using a gate code and found out the installer gave way too much spacing (about 1/4") between the door and the lock box that was welded on so it wouldn't "catch" the lock. Because of this this my backyard was not secure from day one since the install and the lock wasn't tested on the finished door to ensure that it couldn't just be pulled open. To me after spending over $1500 that should have been tested before leaving, period. Thank goodness for a locksmith that put in spacers in order to close the 1/4" gap between the lock and the box. He shook his head and said he's seen this type of half finished work before and that it leaves homeowners with unsecured gates. This should have never been an issue if the gate was installed properly. Due to my experience I would not recommend this company and will refer my neighbors elsewhere. Even though a gate is pretty, it doesn't do it's job if anyone off the street can just walk right in.

Description of Work
Installed two gates with locking system

Category wrought iron, driveway gates

Thank you for submitting your feedback, it helps us know how we are doing. We are so glad that you are enjoying your new wrought iron gates. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Artistic Iron Works.

06/30/2014

Jeryl Dean W.

They did an excellent job. They did match an existing railing and that was pretty good because you didn't even know it was new. They were a little expensive, but the quality was excellent.

Description of Work
They built a custom railing for my pool.

Category fencing, wrought iron

Thank you for submitting your feedback, it helps us know how we are doing. We are so glad that you are enjoying your new wrought iron railing to match the existing rail. And we are glad that we did a great job matching he existing design. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Artistic Iron Works.

05/06/2014

Monte N.

Everything was great and we are very happy. In a few months they will be installing our patio doors.

Description of Work
We ordered a security door and gate. They came out and measured for both items and gave us the price. We were happy with that price. We were told that it could take up to two weeks, but it only took one week. Three men came out to the house and removed our old screen door and gate and installed our new gate and door. It took less than one hour for them to install everything. They had me come and check everything. I was very happy.

Category wrought iron

Thank you for submitting your feedback, it helps us know how we are doing. We are so glad that you are enjoying your new wrought iron security door and gate. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Artistic Iron Works.

04/23/2014

Susan M.

Based upon Angie's list reviews, I contacted Artistic Ironwork for railings for the interior and exterior steps at my front door. After seeing their online gallery I added an iron front screen/security door. Jimmy responded to the appointment request and we discussed options. He showed pix on his tablet from their website so there was NO confusion about which designs we were talking about. In addition to functionality we also discussed design features, including finish color. He was here about a hour and at the end I had the bid, drawings and specifications for dimensions, estimated schedule and the cost. After acceptance he pointed out that another crew would be out to confirm dimensions prior to install. That occurred within two weeks and less than one week after that my railings and doors are installed! All members of each crew were knowledgeable, professional and courteous. They worked steadily but safely during each visit cleaning the work site thoroughly. No wasted time. Although the price was a little high it has proven to be well worth the expense. Clearly this is a top flight company.

Description of Work
Designed, manufactured and installed custom entrance railings and security door

Category wrought iron

We are so glad that you are enjoying your new custom iron work and that you had a smooth and enjoyable experience with us. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Artistic Iron Works.

04/14/2014

catherine C.

First when I made the appointment it was a no call no show. Next day called and they apologized and rescheduled. After meeting with Robert I picked out the gate, he measured and I paid for the gate. I needed it ASAP because I have small animals and coyote problems were I live. After Robert left I called him back to change the casting design and he said it would be no problem, I texted him the new casting design number and called him a week later to see if he received my text, since I did not hear back from him, he told me he received it there were no problems. Couple of weeks gate was delivered, I was not home, no big deal. Went outside the next day and the original casting was not on the gate AND it's hinges are on the wrong side. The gate is completely backwards. The Gardner is having Trouble trying to swing the lawn mower around to clear the gate.

Description of Work
Had to replace a backyard gate

Category fencing, wrought iron, driveway gates

I wish to respond to the negative review you given by [member name removed]. The gate was installed with all working matters having been gone over with Miss [member name removed]. She had a legitimate concern that the gate was inconvenient in the manner in which it opened and requested it to be flipped the other direction. This required the gate to be rebuilt for that style of change and after 1 week I personally ask the company to retrieve the gate, make the repair and re-install at my cost which I paid. At no time did we fail to respond or say we wouldn't address this matter and when I was informed of the negative comments on Angies list I left a message stating what I had done at my cost. I believe that we have gone above and beyond our responsibility in addressing this issue and I am disappointed that this owner acted so quickly to place a negative comment.

03/12/2014

Gail S.

These people are outstanding in every way! Everything they performed for me is outstanding, from the design, to the fabrication, to the custom paint finish, to the installation and follow up. Every person in their organization I had contact with is the best I've ever experienced with a contractor. They were immediately responsive, always on time, timely in their fabrication completion and meticulous with the installation. Their sales person, Mr. Chris Bowling, gave great attention to detail and initiated the design creation and custom color finish to achieve exactly what I wanted and needed. The installers were as knowledgeable and professional as one could ever dream for. I am amazed and grateful for the outstanding quality and performance of this business. They deserve an award!

Description of Work
They designed and custom built for me 3 large iron gates, 2 iron and glass fireplace screens and a small iron fence, screened, around my pool equipment.

Category fencing, wrought iron

Thank you [member name removed] for your kind words and feedback. We are thrilled that you are enjoying all of your new custom iron work. We had a great time designing and fabricating these pieces and we are very happy that you are happy.

02/17/2014

CAROL JEAN C.

Absolutely A+ from beginning to end.

Description of Work
My gate IS A WORK OF ART AND IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.

Category driveway gates

We are so glad that you are enjoying your gate!