Penny Electric LLC

Founded 2010 • With Angi since December 2011

1987 Whitney Mesa Dr

Henderson, NV 89014

Penny Electric is a full service residential and commercial electrician. We are a licensed, bonded and insured company with years of experience serving the Las Vegas, Henderson, Green Valley, Summerlin and southern NV area....

10/28/2020

Todd S.

On time, professional, no extra costs. One smoke detector did not work, they replaced it 2 days later at no extra charge.

Description of Work
Replace 6 smoke detectors, replace exterior security light.

03/29/2019

Bob G.

Very good. Very nice people. On time and clean. Very knowledgeable

Description of Work
Many projects.

10/15/2018

Henry B R.

Decide to replace the whole fixture

Description of Work
Had light fixture problem

Category electrician, lighting

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed]; Thank you for the positive feedback! We truly appreciate it and look forward to helping you on your next project!

09/11/2018

Miguel G.

Very unhappy with this company. Technician had a major language barrier and did not speak English well. Charged $900.00 for electrical panel for small townhouse to be replaced plus $300.00 for a permit. I had send pictures of the original panel before job was quoted. Tech brought one with him but said it was the wrong one. So he took the original off the wall to supply shop. Could not match so put in the original one he brought. Work was completed. He had no paperwork with him the day he arrived and so advised me I had to go to their office to pay. Which I did. I noticed the front door bell was not working and it had no power. It worked before the panel was replaced. When I went to pay them, I advised them the front door bell was not working and the front entrance light. They sent the same tech, Aldo, within the hour. He located the problem which was a wire not properly connected in the electrical panel he just installed. The company later charged me an additional $75.00 for his supposed "repair". Then the front entrance light was not operating. The tech brought out his ladder and we first checked the bulb. We replaced it with a new one. They charged an additional $75.00 for him to replace the bulb and called it troubleshooting the problem. He only replaced the bulb. No other tasks involved. While I appreciated the quick response on the switch out of the electrical panel, I feel I was nickle and dimed on the other problems that should have been checked when the tech was doing the installation. I explained this to their office manager, Dolores, but it fell on deaf ears. Therefore I would not recommend this company.

Description of Work
Electrical panel inside home needed to be replaced

Category electrician

Hi Mrs. [Member Name Removed]; I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the services! I can assure you that the electrician who installed your panel is an experienced qualified member of our team. I know that you were unhappy that we could not perform the additional services at no charge and that maybe coloring your over satisfaction. Please let us know if you need anything else. Penny Electric

07/05/2018

Bernard C.

After tech reviewed home and provided estimate; called company for install date; was given Thursday 8:00AM; Nobody showed by 8:30AM, called company, was told the install was to between 8-12. Was different what I was told when I made install appt. Company called 11:40AM to tell me their technician called in SICK!! Was told they can reschedule. I told them to CANCEL my order!! I would find a more reliable company!! Very disappointed with Penny Electric! Will be going on social media to alert people of this Unreliable company!!! This company YOU recommended on you website; you need to investigate who you recommend.

Description of Work
Install 2 ceiling fans;

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Hello Sir; Once again I apologize for your inconvenience. Please note that we called the number you provided to confirm you were available at 7:40 a.m. You did not call back until 11:40 a.m. At that time our tech had in fact gone home sick, but we offered to accommodate you the next day at the same time. We explained to you we preferred to send the same tech as that is who bid your job and established the customer relationship with you. You did in fact become very angry and refused our attempts to reschedule you. Please note that the costs associated with showing up and finding out that a customer has forgotten they had appointment are high and as such we call and verbally confirm every job prior to our arrival. Once again we apologize for your inconvenience and would be more than happy to complete the install should you change your mind. Thank you! Penny Electric, LLC.

04/18/2018

Cynthia B.

they were quick to respond and professional. i used them because the quote for what i needed to be done was cheaper than the other companies. they called me with a price that was triple what i was quoted. i Todd her what i needed done and she only quoted Me for the service call. i told them i needed wires on an outlet replaced and she didn't tell me the hourly rate of work.

Description of Work
checked wiring in the home and replaced a non working outlet.

Category electrician

Good morning Mrs. [Member Name Removed]; We have a standard service call fee of $125.00 for the initial service call and the scheduler clearly states that the service tech will advise you if there are any additional charges over the $125.00. Our service tech neglected to reach out to you for the additional charges and instead made the repairs that your tenant requested. We took into consideration your feelings and the fact that you were upset and reduced our invoice to $125.00. I hope this is a satisfactory resolution to your concern. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Dolores Torrez Office Manager

03/12/2018

Robert C.

They handled my situation with ease and helped me out of a jam . . . cost was reasonable and work was performed expertly! I would ABSOLUTELY hire them for another job :)

Description of Work
Very timely and very professional . . . Jason was very knowledgeable and great to work with.

09/22/2017

Hendrica S.

I was very pleased with the work done.

Description of Work
recessed lights, chandelier installation

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Good morning Ms. [Member Name Removed]; I am very happy that we accomplished your job in a successful manor, and I hope that you will continue to call us for all your electrical needs! Penny Electric, LLC.

08/14/2017

Rich W.

Penny Electric went above and beyond and found a problem that other electricians had either caused or missed. Wires behind the breaker switches were loose and in danger of causing not only an outage but possibly a fire. Penny Electric found and repaired the problem all for the cost of a one-hour service call. I won't call anyone else in the future before I call Penny Electric

Description of Work
Having trouble with breakers shutting down

Category electrician

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed]; It was a pleasure to be able to help with this issue. We look forward to working with you in the future on all of your projects large and small! Dolores

06/02/2017

Cheyenne L.

Improper installation, damage to our property (they put a hole in irrigation line) , and no willingness to fix either problem. They tried to charge us more after the job was completed when I told them the light was hooked up incorrectly. They blamed it on my old equipment, the equipment they inspected prior to install and deemed acceptable to continue forth with the install. Incredibly unprofessional company, do not use. They use day laborers to do the job, that don't even speak English, even though they charge you licensed electrician rates. I'm disappointed I hired them based off their high reviews.

Description of Work
Install pool light

Category electrician, lighting

Ms. [Member Name Removed]; I am very sorry for your experience with the pool and spa division. Please note that contrary to your charge we do not use day laborers. The electricians that work in pool and spa have been with Penny Electric since we went into business. With regards to your equipment, occasionally we do have to dig in the yard to expose conduit however, the minute that you advised us that there was a problem we dispatched someone out repair the irrigation. Your pool light had preset screws and the light was installed the only way that it could fit without you undertaking a large remodel job. Thank you for your time.

05/26/2017

Scott K.

Penny Electric charged me $225 for a half hour of work replacing a GFIC. Then wanted to charge me $8 to pay with a credit card. Received rude email stating that this time they would allow to be paid by check but from now on need a credit card and extra fees. Really? Do not use this company.

Description of Work
Replaced GFIC

Category electrician

Good afternoon Mr. [Member Name Removed]; Please note that prior to charging you for the credit card fee you were advise there was a fee at the time that you made the appointment. While it is unfortunate that the cost of business increases it is a legitimate charge. Thank you.

03/20/2017

Justin P.

Both the gentleman doing the appraisal and the person doing the work arrived right on time. The installer said he couldn't do the work due to lack of space in the Attic because he was too big but one of his smaller guys probably could he was going to have the office try to send him out. The guy doing the appraisal never said anything about this despite having been in the Attic himself. They never contacted me or sent anybody despite several calls back. Months later, I still need the work done

Description of Work
I need a light fixture and some can lights installed.

03/16/2017

tammara E.

Chad was very nice and knowledgable. He answered a few other questions we had also.

Description of Work
Estimate to change dryer plug

02/27/2017

Stephen N.

Yes, we're very happy with Penny Electric LLC. I think they do a very good job. Yes, actually we're talking to them about some more stuff. I'd like them a lot better if they lower their price. But their pricing seem pretty good. They did a lot of things that we tried a long time and they've done things that nobody else would even consider. we've been very happy with what they've done. If we have any problems, they jump out and they fix them right away and they're really good about that. We had some lights put up on our patio and when it rained, we had a leak into 'em and they hopped right out and patched the leak up. They're very good. I recommend them very highly.

Description of Work
Penny Electric LLC installed additional lights and some miscellaneous fans... but mostly lighting and fans.

08/23/2016

Roberta S.

They did a great job. They did very good.

Description of Work
I used Penny Electric.

05/19/2016

Roberta S.

Excellent. They were helpful and very nice.

Description of Work
Re- wired my entire home

03/18/2016

Stephen N.

The electricians were punctual and professional. I was impressed with the work and their approach to the job. When their electrician showed up to give me an estimate for the work, he worked it up while he was standing there and talked me into a couple of better options than I had originally requested. When the crew showed up to do the work, the electrician that had given me the estimate was in charge of the crew. They knew exactly what we had discussed and needed no further direction. They were the 3rd electrician I have asked to wire the ceiling fan in my bedroom. The first 2 said it couldn't be done and left. I gave up until Penny said they could do it. They wired it, installed a new mounting and box, and switches and had it done in about an hour. My wife is delighted. When they installed the lights on the patio, they fabricated a weatherproof box to keep rainwater out. Instead of installing unsightly conduit they used the aluminum tubing on the patio cover. When they installed the conduit for the cable tv, instead of running around the outside of the house, they went through the center above the ceiling using a flex conduit--this path saved us 6 or 7 90 degree bends. Overall, I am very pleased and would recommend them very highly. I was very impressed with the electrician that provided me the estimate and directed his crew.

Description of Work
I had them install about 150 ft of conduit for the cable tv installation and wire a ceiling fan/light in the bedroom and install two new lights on the patio.

11/19/2015

Richard B.

Disappointed in responsive as technician did not call until well after appointment and had to follow up myself.

Description of Work
Did not show up during two hour window provided and called 2.5 hours afterwards to inform would not be there to do job. Called next morning and best could do was late afternoon as guess they only have one person to service area.

09/23/2015

Jane D.

Pablo was courteous, knew his job extremely well and was very professional. He arrived on time and completed the work quickly. Additionally, the person whom I spoke with on the phone to ask about services and scheduling was incredibly helpful, friendly and professional. She confirmed that I was OK with a very early morning appointment, which I was. It was very refreshing to have a technician actually show up on time and to speak with an office employee who seemed to enjoy her job. I will not hesitate to use this company again or to recommend them to anyone asking about a reliable electrician.

Description of Work
Replaced 4 RFI outlets, house light bulb, checked 2 inactive outlets and bathroom vent fan.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

12/15/2014

Robert N.

Tech arrived on time & spent about 90 minutes converting the power line and installing the new outdoor electrical outlet next to the patio

Description of Work
Converted existing (and unused) 200 AMP outdoor line (from former Hot Tub) to outdoor 110 volt outlet (for use with our new patio)

11/11/2014

Barbara H.

All went well. The work is well done. On time, and looks beautiful.

Description of Work
Added two electrical out lets, and in stalled out door lighting alone walk way.

07/23/2014

Kyle A.

They were great. They were just really professional. They were on Angie's List.

Description of Work
I used Penny Electric LLC. They came out three months ago.

07/15/2014

Thomas R.

We were satisfied. They were competent and they did a good and neat job.

Description of Work
I use Penny Electric. They provided an electrical outlet for a spa.

07/05/2014

STEVEN S.

I have been having issues with my spa controls and after Spas by Renee check it out in early June they recommended that Penny Electric (PE) check the power feed and make repairs accordingly. I contacted PE and requested they send an electrician to trouble shoot the power feed to the spa control equipment which they Did. A PE electrician going by the moniker of and quot;Qand quot; (no other name offered even after requested) came and checked the system. He said the power feed needed to be rewired including the pulling of a new ground wire as well as positive and negative conductors of the proper size. The cost of the trouble shooting came to $125 which I paid without hesitation. I asked and quot;Qand quot; to have PE email me a quote for the repair work and included my email address on the invoice to assure this happened. A week later I received a phone call from PE staff first saying the work would cost $175 and then they amending the cost to approximately $350. At the time I again requested a hard copy of the estimate and confirmed my email address. A week later I called to inquire why I had not received the estimate and was assured that they would send it right away. Several days later I again contacted PE and again they said they would send the quote right out. I then received an emailed copy of the original invoice I had already paid and not the quote. I called them back and explained the error which they said they would correct. I also explained that I had a limited window of opportunity for this repair and needed to get it done soon. I am still waiting for the quote. Obviously they are not interested in doing the work and do not have the common courtesy to say so. I got the message. I will now be looking elsewhere for my electrical repair needs and highly recommend that others in need of such services do likewise.

Description of Work
Trouble shooting of spa controls electrical service and promise a hard copy quote for repairs.

06/25/2014

James A.

Excellent. The two men arrived on time and went right to work. Very polite and professional. With one man in the attic and the other in the bathroom, the work went without a hitch. When they were finished they vacuumed up any residue left from the work. I will use Penny Electric for all my electrical work and recommend them to friends.

Description of Work
Replace bathroom vent fan, heater, light.

Eagle Electric

Offers by Eagle Electric on Angi
    Progressive Electric LV INC

We are providers of electrical services in Las Vegas area. Our mission is to maintain the highest quality and professionalism from start to finish. We are confident in our results because all our jobs are custom for the needs of each home. We strive for the highest degree of quality products and workmanship. During the years in business, Progressive Electric LV INC has satisfied many customers. It is our reputation of quality work, professionalism, and customer service our customers continue to rely on us for their needs. To understand the expectations of our customers, we take great care to work and communicate with every customer professionally. We base our reputation on service, safety, and quality. Call us today and find out how we can meet all your electrical needs!

GNJ Electric LLC

GNJ Electric services range from a simple outlet swap out to full blown home renovations. Some services we offer but not limited to adding new outlets, installing new lights, panel upgrade, Tesla chargers, camera systems, hanging tvs , speaker systems and many more. Here at GNJ Electric work is always done right the first time, never taking shortcuts and keeping up with house keeping. Thats what separates GNJ Electric from the rest. GNJ Electric is a small owner operated business established in 2022 but have been doing electrical for almost 8 years.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal

Residential & commercial. Electrical repair & installation. Home addition wiring. Remodel electrical installations. Interior lighting. Ceiling fans. Cable, phone & data outlets.