Action Garage Door Company, Inc

Founded 2010 • With Angi since September 2010

We are a family owned and operated, full-service residential and commercial overhead door company providing garage door and garage door opener repair service, maintenance, replacement as well as new installations. Our goal is to provide our customers the best products with the best service for the best price and pride ourselves in our quality workmanship and top-notch customer service. We offer a 24 hour emergency service and work on weekends as well. When you need us we take ACTION! Check out our retractable screen door services www.tahoescreens.com!...

Carriage House Wood Door

+11 more images

garage doors (92)

03/10/2021

Aaron R.

I called in the morning and Ruben was able to come out within a few hours. Ruben, the garage door god, unjammed it like a pro and fixed the tension wire that came loose. He re-tensioned both springs and greased up the wheels and joints too. Now the door works better than it did before. I was in shock. I was happy with the price of service too. Ruben was very nice, answered my questions, didn't try to upsell me or sling any crap. Got the job done and was on his way!

Description of Work
Garage door jammed slanted and bent a rails when trying to close.

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

09/26/2020

David S.

Action Garage Door responded to my Angie's List inquiry within 5 to 10 minutes. They were booked out a couple of weeks, but I scheduled an appointment for first available anyway. On the day of the service, the appointment time came and went with no call from anyone. About 20 minutes or so later, I called the office to see if they were still coming. They informed me that the technician was behind schedule and would show up eventually. He did and was professional and courteous and did a good job.

Description of Work
Adjust, repair, and service the door

Work Completed On 09/26/2020

07/14/2020

Nancy G.

Amazing Company! Got a call right away from Dave, the owner, to set up my appointment! Exactly on time, Joe arrived and was not only professional but personable. We needed an extra part, which Joe educated us on what to get. We got it the same day and Dave set up our follow-up appointment for the follow morning, Once again, right on time, was Joe. He was very through and also quick, helpful with questions, very clean and tidy. We are thrilled to recommend Action Garage Door Company and will be using them again in the near future!!

Description of Work
Garage Door Opener Removal and Replacemnt

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

02/25/2020

Byron W.

Chris arrived within 90 minutes of phone call to the office. Yes, broken spring. Gave a realistic and fair price to replace spring with two springs. Absolutely professional service. Done and gone within the hour! Great job by Chris and Action Garage Door

Description of Work
Garage door replace broken spring

Work Completed On 02/25/2020

02/21/2020

Janice O.

great Joe was fast and everything works perfectly I appreciated his expertise

Description of Work
gear and sprocket replacement

Work Completed On 02/20/2020

06/15/2019

Dan R.

They showed up on time and completed the job in a timely manner. We will be using them for our future garage door needs.

Description of Work
Garage door opener provided and installed.

Work Completed On 06/15/2019

08/24/2017

ELLEN P.

I called early on a Monday afternoon and they sent Jeremy since he was sort of in the area. He was at the house within two hours. The problem turned out to be trivial and one that I should have been able to figure out on my own. Since he was there, Jeremy lubricated everything that could be lubricated, tightened handholds, and generally checked out the condition of the door. He did not push to have extra services done, answered all of my questions, and was very pleasant. The "C" on pricing was because it seemed a little high, even with the travel out to my house in the country. I had an Angie's List coupon that helped a bit. That said, I would utilize them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
My garage door was misbehaving and would not close.

Work Completed On 08/21/2017

05/24/2017

Shelly W.

Technician did a great job. Only problem was a scheduling snafu, they forgot about me. I called to find out where my technician was and when they realized the error, had someone here almost immediately. Very nice people.

Description of Work
Garage door spring replacement.

Work Completed On 05/24/2017

11/28/2016

Connie U.

Was running a little late but he called to let me know and was apologetic for it. Got the work done in about half hour. Put up 2 new springs and bearings. I don't know how the rates for this work goes so I do not know if the charges were in line or not. work cost was 308 and had a 20.00 coupon. would recommend the company and would rehire. Polite and professional.

Description of Work
Busted spring

Work Completed On 11/28/2016

10/22/2016

Caroline P.

Excellent!! Jerame was outstanding and I would definitely recommend Action Garage Door Company to friends.

Description of Work
I ordered the Garage Door tune-up and was very impressed. Jerame was on time and very professional. He explained what was included and then did a check of the door. He replaced the bottom seal of the door and lubed the door and the tracks.

Work Completed On 10/17/2016

08/08/2016

Ramon H.

Called Action Garage Door Co., they had a service man (Chris) here within 3 hours, diagnosed the problem, repaired the door hardware, and replaced some worn out rollers. Very courteous and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend Action Garage Door.

Description of Work
Overhead garage door bound up and became inoperable.

Work Completed On 08/08/2016

01/16/2016

Jennifer H.

Was able to come right away. Was concerned that door could fail as metal support was torn. Was assured it would be a quick fix and took the time to explain how fix would be done. Job was done in about 20 minutes. I have used this Company before but was very pleased with the manner of service. I would not hesitate to use this Company again.

Description of Work
Reinforced a bracket that holds the arm attached to door for openning.

Cost $143.2

Work Completed On 01/14/2016

11/06/2015

Peter H.

Phoned Action Garage on 11/05/2015 and requested assistance as my garage door is not opening. Made an arrangement for him to be at my home around noon the next day. He never arrived. I called at 15:00 next day, and was informed that he had called my mobile phone number (verified that the number was correct), and as he did not get an answer had decided to honor his commitment. I had been waiting all day, my cellphone was in my pocket, but I never received that call, and the cellphone recent call log indicates that this call was never received. I have decided to go with somebody else. I do not recommend.

Description of Work
Nothing - he did not arrive.

Work Completed On 11/06/2015

09/01/2015

randa L.

hey did a wonderful job! Jemane arrived on time, he was polite, knowledgeable and helpful. He did a great job. We will let everyone we know that Action Garage Door is the place to go! The owner was also very professional and returned all of our calls.

Description of Work
Installed upgraded beautiful garage door. Action garage door installed the beautiful garage door! T

Work Completed On 09/01/2015

08/11/2015

Judith C.

My garage door failed to open on Sunday morning. I was leery of using the pull cord due to loose wires hanging from the mechanism. Action Garage Doors arranged to send someone as soon as they finished with another job. Mike arrived even earlier than expected and had the door repaired in a short period of time. Mike was extremely knowledgeable, efficient and helpful. He inspected all of the working parts of the door to make sure that there were no other problems. I couldn't have been happier with the service provided. The additional cost for service on Sunday was minimal. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Repaired broken spring

Work Completed On 08/02/2015

07/10/2015

julie T.

Terrible, took time off and cleared somethings out of the way so they could have easy access 3 different times.

Description of Work
Did not show up for 3 scheduled appointmen or call that they would not be able to make it!

Work Completed On 07/02/2015

05/08/2015

Rosemary W.

We had purchased an Angie's Deal that covered inspection, lubrication, and the installation of new rollers. This garage door had not been serviced in 20 years at least (our tenure in the house). The average lifespan of the spring is 7 to 10 years. We had had a spring break on a garage door in a different house, so we decided to have the spring replaced proactively. At NO time did we feel we were subjected to an upsell. Reuben Garcia, the technician who came to our house, told us that it was common for cables to become frayed over the course of 20+ years of use. After inspecting the door, he told us that - amazingly - our cables looked fine and so did the pulleys. He was very clear that it would be perfectly OK just to wait until the spring actually failed before replacing it. Since the spring can fail with the door in either the up or down position, and if it were to fail in the up position especially, we would want that fixed ASAP, we decided to replace the spring proactively. The price quoted included a 10 year warranty on replaced parts and labor. I cannot emphasize enough how positive this transaction was. The technician was very pleasant to work with and very professional. We would absolutely deal with this company again and would recommend them with no hesitation.

Description of Work
He inspected the garage door thoroughly, lubricated all moving parts, installed new, quiet nylon rollers, and replaced the main spring and shaft bearings.

Work Completed On 05/06/2015

05/06/2015

thomas S.

This was a special through Angie's list. I paid for the special this morning and was surprised to get a response that morning with an afternoon opening. The tech Mike arrived promptly and lubricated and balanced the doors. Work completed with no problems

Description of Work
Routine maintenance

Work Completed On 05/06/2015

03/31/2015

Leonora L.

Excellent service. When arrived, thought it was for an estimate. No way. He immediately started repairs. My inside door control was corroded and not working. He fixed and repositioned it for better protection. When the damaged track was diagnosed, he returned within a day to replace it. I will highly recommend Action Garage Door to all.

Description of Work
replaced rollers, fixed the inside control, replaced damaged vertical track.

Work Completed On 02/07/2015

03/30/2015

lisa C.

Super fast response. I called in the morning when the door wouldn't go up and it was fixed by around 2:00 pm! Jeremy and Ruben were courteous and efficient.

Description of Work
Installed two torsion springs and new bearings with 10 yr warranty.

Work Completed On 03/30/2015

03/29/2015

Marilyn S.

They came on time, were professional, and did a great installation. I did research on the garage door opener they were installing and mentioned to the installer that it had good reviews but could be somewhat noisy. He informed me that since they ran out of those openers, I received an upgrade and it isn't noisy at all. Very please dwith product, installation, and professionalism.

Description of Work
Install commercial grade garage door opener with remote and exterior key pad.

Work Completed On 03/01/2015

02/03/2015

Donald P.

Was very punctual about time. During the tune up it was apparent the provider was extremely knowledgable about the system which was installed. Was impressed with his professionalism, efficiency and knowledge. Would highly recommend!!

Description of Work
Garage door tune up and changed rollers. Gave me a great deal on my third door so both doors were done at the same time

Work Completed On 02/02/2015

11/05/2014

Anthony M.

Came out on short notice and is working long days to meet substantial demand. Gets a lot of business from Angies List. Very friendly, professional and service oriented. Not a single complaint about Action. I did have the luck of the owner, Dave, doing the work. Brought all the parts with him without knowing what the problem might be. Found the problem quickly and worked very, very efficiently to get the work done in about one hour. Rushed off at 4 pm to tackle another four or five jobs before going home. I only gave a B on price without knowing what other service providers might charge. One hour labor, two springs, several bearings, and about ten or twelve rollers.

Description of Work
Replaced springs on a double wide garage door. Replaced bearings and rollers and tightened all securing screws. Checked over the whole system and lubricated the other, single garage door opening system.