The Plumbing Co

Founded 1982 • With Angi since August 2010

3332 Camino Cielo Vis

Santa Fe, NM 87507

Unbeatable, prompt customer service, plumbing expertise, and a fair price that stays in your budget. I provide service, repair, and installations for your plumbing needs. I run my company with attention to detail. My name is Steve and I am the owner of The Plumbing Company. With over 30 years of experience in the plumbing and service industry, no job is too simple or too complex. I specialize in installing and servicing water treatment systems, Installation and repair, for boilers, radiant heating systems, water heaters, on demand heaters pumps plumbing fixtures and faucets water fountains and gardens, hydroponic gardens, and much, much more. I have a vast knowledge of materials and equipment, am an excellent and efficient problem solver, am punctual, and have strong work ethic, and I will always offer you the most appropriate equipment and material options for the fairest price. I believe in helping you install, repair, or maintain what you have, without breaking your bank! Whatever your plumbing needs are, I will work with you to address your needs at a fair price. Clients tell me that the quality of my work far exceeds work they have seen others do. I am excited to work on your next project! I chose to work in this industry because I love solving problems. I have been providing plumbing services in this industry in 1977. I am responsive and on time, provide excellent work and service, will quote you a fair price, and stay on budget...

11/11/2020

Nancy P.

Steve and his team did a great job replacing my old radiant heat boiler that had failed. Everyone was very nice and very knowledgeable. I will definitely call them for future plumbing needs. The price was very reasonable and the work was very professionally done. Takes pride in his work! Thank you!

Description of Work
Replaced radiant heat boiler

09/30/2020

Barbara E S.

I left a message for Steve, he called me back within a hour, told me how to temporarily stop the leak and he came out the next day to fix the leak permanently. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Fix leak in boiler for floor heating system

03/07/2020

James B.

I interviewed 4 contractors to evalute our radiant heating and on demand hot water needs after our old boiler failed and needed to be replaced. 3 of the contractors were adamant that I couldn't have a tankless system since it was very expensive, and that my gas lines were too small. They all recommended essentially that I replace my old boiler with an identical new boiler and tank even though I told them that the current system had been inadequate for our needs. Steve, on the other hand immediately pointed out that my gas line was more than adequate (he noted that 1/2 had been dropped down to the old boiler but that coming into the room was 3/4). He gave me a quote CHEAPER than the other guys and had the whole job done in 3 days. My impression is that he is as honest as the day is long. His crew is knowledgeable and they did a great job. I'm totally loving the new tankless system. I wouldn't use any other heating/cooling guy or plumber in Santa Fe than these guys.

Description of Work
Replaced existing boiler/hot water tank with tankless combi system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

09/07/2019

michael Q.

New 50 gal water heater was replaced taking over 4 hrs to do so.New pipes and connections were added and new drip pan was installed under the unit.

Description of Work
replace electric hot water heater that was leaking water from within.

09/06/2019

michael Q.

Great ,it took a little more than 4 hrs and he replaced the pipes and connections with new ones.

Description of Work
Small leak coming from electric water heater.

07/11/2019

Dave C.

They are unresponsive after several phone calls.

Description of Work
Contacted the company several times over the last 3 weeks and they haven't called back.

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry, I was out of the country for 2 weeks in the Philippines, I had a long awaited interview at the US embassy when I got back one employee's was in jail and the other just up and quit leaving me with enough work for three trucks and no help. Lori my book keeper answered the phone for me and told me you called but there was to much to do for 1 man. Again I am sorry for the inconvenience. We are a small company and trying to find good help is impossible, also Los Alamos is a long drive and I don't do much in your area.....When my electrician or my mechanic or other businesses are busy and don't return my calls I simply call another company, I don't go on the Internet and trash someone's perfect rating just because I can!

04/20/2019

Greg G.

Showed up early and did the job quickly and professionally.

Description of Work
Replace drainage line from kitchen sink

11/28/2018

Susan D.

It went great. Arrival was exactly on time. Every step of the way I received an explanation and all the issues have been resolved. Additionally, some issues with the slope of the pipe at the coupling were discovered and fixed. The company provided the disposal and I supplied the faucet. Steve accepted my Angie’s list coupon which saved me some money. I felt like the work was solid and for the time it took, the price was fair.

Description of Work
I needed a new garbage disposal installed plus a new kitchen faucet. There were also two leaks in the pipes and the rubber gasket was leaking.

08/20/2018

George T.

Left a voice mail over a week ago. No one has called back.

Description of Work
install new toilet and replace innards of another

Category plumbing

I can,t believe you have given me this rating and I hope Angies list doesn't let this stand. I am one person and I value my high rating. I can't always get to everyone although I do try. Most always the leads WE PAY FOR are sent out to 4 different Plumbing Contractors at once and we need to be quick to get the appointment so some times when I am over loaded I know another company will pick it up. I have been really busy trying to get to everyone and I don't even remember getting your lead. You try doing everything yourself from answering the phone to getting the jobs completed at the high quality I do, its not easy. I am sorry I missed your call but working for someone who will TRASH my great ratings over not receiving a call back is NOT someone I would want to work for anyways!!!!!!!!! Ratings should only be given to companies who actually work for you and you give payment to.

03/31/2018

Patricia W.

His referral was spot on - prompt, thorough & very helpful.

Description of Work
I needed a leak from my washer drain hose fixed. Steve suggested a trusted colleague who could meet my need promptly & for less money! Thanks for your help, Steve!

01/06/2018

Chris R.

Excellent work. Identified simple solution and repaired at no charge. Will hire again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Issues with sink disposal and offensive odors in bathrooms.

12/18/2017

Carol H.

There were delays due to unusual installation of removed fixtures & necessity to order replacement tiles. However, that being said, all work was very professionally done by competent neat workers with good supervision and follow-up by Steve, the owner.

Description of Work
Replace inadequately-functioning toilets, remove bidet, repair tile floor as necessary.

11/13/2017

Tony S.

Great service and very competitively priced.

Description of Work
Steve helped us with our cast iron plumbing in our funky old Santa Fe home. His crew did an excellent job working efficiently in our more than difficult crawl space. Steve also agreed too help with our ducting at the same time. The work was done neatly.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

10/19/2017

Brian B.

Called Steve, was very responsive and got out to house to look at problem. Even though he was busy on another project he was able to work in to his schedule and get accomplished. His employees were very professional and efficient in getting job accomplished which entailed excavation fixing leak and refilling area that connects to water meter. They showed me what had caused the leak as well as fix they accomplished along with inspecting house once water turned back on ensuring everything was functioning. Price and responsiveness was excellent, not to mention getting water back on to house a day earlier than promised. Would definitely recommend and will be using in future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Had a water line leak at the water meter on resident side. Water had to be shut off to house until it could be repaired, leaving house with no water.

10/06/2017

Amber S.

Steve showed up with a couple technicians and they were on time, professional and they walked me through all work to be completed. They completed all work quietly around my sleeping 1 y/o and did a great job! He provided additional information regarding the safety and operation of our home equipment which gave me the feeling he really knew what was going on. I would work with Steve and his team again in the future.

Description of Work
When looking for a fair estimate to the work we needed done on our home heating system, we received multiple local estimates that required replacement of everything! We asked Steve to come out and provide his opinion and he ensured us everything was working fine - just required a tune with minor updates. What a relief - he saved us tens of thousands! We added a zone valve controller to our radiant heat system in our home. Additionally, we replaced venting and thermostats. We also had the biennial boiler clean and inspect completed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

09/26/2017

Robert E.

The next day Steve's crew showed up on time, fixed the problem promptly and also fixed a problem with the floor in front of the sink.That to me was above and beyond great service.I am totally happy with the work and the price.

Description of Work
I needed a new kitchen drain line run in rental house in Chimayo.Steve met me out there,looked at the job gave me a clear idea how he would fix it.

09/19/2017

Paul L.

Scrambling to get a house ready before a new addition to the family and Steve was prompt, knowledgeable, friendly, incredibly honest, efficient and just an overall great guy. Absolutely to the top of my list of go-to's - rare find we are lucky to have in Santa Fe.

Description of Work
leaking faucet handle

08/02/2017

Barbara B.

Steve was very prompt, kept me informed of his schedule and called when on his way to my home. He is very personable and easy to communicate with. AN access point needed to be cut from the closet wall in order to access the fixture for replacement. The job took about 3 hours, and included soldering the new part to the existing copper pipes, in addition to installing the shower head and handles. He cleaned up the work area, and caulked the faucet at the shower tile area. He was also helpful in explaining my questions on radiant heating. I will use him to do an annual check on it in October, when he suggested it be serviced. The $99 per hour was a bit higher than the last plumber I used, plus there's an additional $25. trip charge. However, I felt confident using him due to the reviews, plus I knew the water needed to be shut off during work and I didn't want any surprises. Super nice guy.

Description of Work
I called Steve to replace my old and leaky shower faucet.

07/05/2017

Mary Lou H.

All repairs done promptly and efficiently - friendly, helpful and a pleasant person.

Description of Work
Fixed a leaking boiler pipe, adjusted kitchen "automatic" sink faucet, recommended another fix for same faucet (battery operated to "Delta Faucet EP73954 Power Supply for Gen 3 Solenoid") and made recommendations for other plumbing problems.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

03/06/2017

Jeanine A.

Steve came out very promptly after our first call to him and repaired our furnace for less than half of what another company's quote/bid. He was amazingly efficient and honest. Will only call him from now on...very very pleased.

Description of Work
We needed our furnace repaired for the radiant heating throughout our house.

11/09/2016

Debra W.

Steve showed up when he said he would and was professional, thorough and friendly. I will call him again and now give his name out to all my friends who ask for a plumber recommendation.

Description of Work
I needed a plumber to get my boiler ready for winter.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

11/07/2016

ADEL H.

The owner of The Plumbing Co., Steve, does all the installation work himself. He is very knowledgeable about boilers and the associated plumbing. Removal of the old boiler and installation of the new boiler was expeditious and efficient. Steve encouraged me to follow what he was doing so that I would have a knowledge of the new system and be able to make simple control adjustments, if necessary.

Description of Work
Replace gas-fired boiler for baseboard heating system. Boiler was replaced with highly rated cast iron boiler.

10/13/2016

Monica S.

He was very thorough and stayed within the estimated time frame. He is very knowledgeable. I will definitely use his servicesM again, and feel comfortable recommending him to others.

Description of Work
Replace water softener cartridges and flush the boiler.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water softeners

10/08/2016

Robert G.

Steve performed assurance and professionalism and provided clear details for a layperson to understand. extremely courteous.

Description of Work
Multiple-dishwasher, disposal, boiler.

10/04/2016

nancy S.

It went great. he was prompt, polite and performed.

Description of Work
We needed our radiant heat serviced and our hot water heater looked at.

Category plumbing, water heater repair