Preventive Pest Control

Founded 1997 • With Angi since July 2006

5130 2nd St NW Ste A

Albuquerque, NM 87107

When it comes to keeping your home or business free of pests, the best thing to remember is prevention. Preventive Pest Control will proactively conquer any existing pest activity and then continue to prevent future problems through regular protective services. All of our technicians are trained

03/15/2020

Bonnie L.

Chris did a really good job. He was friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Spraying for tree roaches.

11/08/2019

Margo M.

Service was good. They have you sign an iPad at the time of service, then you are expected to go to their website, access your account, and retrieve your invoice. They don't send an invoice by mail or electronically. This isn't the way it should work. The vendor should proactively provide you with an invoice. If you forget to go to the website, then they actually mail you a statement telling you that your account is in arrears.

Description of Work
routine pest control

07/02/2019

John H.

All was going fine for almost a year, then they started missing appointments and not calling. Three times I called to complain about the no show,or the missed two hour window. The last appointment I called the day before the appointment and told customer service to make sure they were on time and reminded them of the two previous missed appointments. Once again on the day of appointment. I wait at home for the two hour appointment time and get a call that the tech is again running late, I have already been waiting for two hours????? I called and canceled the 3rd missed appointment and in return instead of a call from customer service I get a bill for $140.00 for a canceled appointment??????????????? At no time during this process did the company bother to contact me concerning the issue with the missed appointments???? I would think after the two previous missed appointments someone would have made sure the tech was scheduled on time for the 3rd.

Description of Work
exterminating

10/04/2018

Debbie Andrea V.

Alan Feuer, A.C.E. is an angel. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for an honest company to work with and genuinely give you honest and good preventative advice. He is patient and understanding and takes the extra step to ensure that the pest control problem at hand is properly understood and resolved. Preventive Pest Control came in and helped our family and offered advice on ensuring that the problem was resolved.

Description of Work
Pest problem

08/22/2018

David T.

Great. I looked up on Angie’slist for a pest control provider because I needed to get a yearly spraying inside and out. Angie’slist sent me the names of three high rated providers. I contacted Preventative and they set up a time for two days from the date I called. They told me the time the pest control specialist, Michael Lujan, would arrive and how much it would cost. It was a reasonable price. The specialist showed up at the designated time, explained to me what he would be doing and then went about spraying. He was knowledgeable, professional and courteous. The specialist sprayed for almost a hour or so (he even put a small, clear container near the sink which would take care of any ants. I paid the bill that had been quoted to me earlier, and he went to his next job. So far, so good. I haven’t seen anything inside and only have seen a couple dead roaches outside on the back porch. I will hire again.

Description of Work
Yearly spraying for inside and out

Category pest control, home inspection

07/07/2018

Le M.

Preventive has been handling my interior/exterior pest control for several years. They come over quarterly and spend as much time as needed to address issues and concerns I have. The service workers are professional, efficient, and proficient handling everything thoroughly before leaving my property; and they honor their offer to return sooner than my next scheduled appointment at no additional charge if necessary.

Description of Work
Pest control/extermination in house, guesthouse, garage and 1/3rd acre including spraying infested plants and shrubs as requested.

04/11/2018

Alice P.

I've used this pest control company for many years and have always been happy with the service provided. The technician who did the job today was very pleasant and did a very thorough job..

Description of Work
Insect Control

12/15/2017

Frederick L.

The termite inspector arrived on time, thoroughly inspected our home's foundation inside the crawl space, and told us he saw no evidence of any termite infestation. He took samples of the arboreal termites from the Cottonwood tree from which a branch had fallen exposing the termites. His office confirmed that the arboreal termites were not the same as subterranean termites, which was a great relief !

Description of Work
We found arboreal termites in a Cottonwood tree -- wanted our home inspected !

11/22/2017

Lynne P.

Great company. I have used them for many years.

Description of Work
Pest control

09/20/2017

Geri W.

Good, pest seem to have disappeared.

Description of Work
Pest control services

05/25/2017

Marlis W.

I usually have them 3 times during the summer and the fall. I don't do anything in the winter. They're very prompt. They are very good at answering questions. The other thing is they will come back within a 30 day time period if there is still an issue and I have had them come back maybe twice over the years that I have used them. There's not ever an issue.

Description of Work
I use them for bug spraying and weed control in the rocks.

02/18/2017

Kirsten B.

They are professional and knowledgeable; dedicated and thorough.

Description of Work
I have two types of roof--a flat roof and a mansard. In November a critter of some sort moved into the mansard and actually tunneled through my ceiling in the living room. Robert came out set traps and then came back to check them and to seal the points of access. He also sealed my garage with a sweep. The critter came back. And Preventive Pest Control came back every time I needed them. No extra charge just a commitment to get the job done

01/20/2016

JOHN H.

I was not happy with them. I had to call them back all the time because bugs and rodents were reappearing. They sent different people out each time. They had no sense of the place each time. They came back and tried to correct things.

Description of Work
I have used Preventive Pest Control.

08/25/2014

William A.

The product they used was very effective. Dead roaches all over the place for a couple of days and then no more problems. Their product is long lasting. Unlike many other pest control outfits who spray only a narrow perimeter insecticide, Preventive provides a 4' broad exterior spray that provides an excellent bug barrier

Description of Work
Sprayed interior and exterior for insect pests.

05/21/2014

Devon H.

There wasn't really anything I dislike. What I liked about it was I found dead bugs outside my house. They did an excellent job and they followed up with me personally. If any friends and family use them, they're going to offer me a discount on my next service so I'm perfectly happy with them. But, the price was a little bit more than I expected. The pest control guy came when he said he would.

Description of Work
I use Preventive Pest Control for pest control services. They did an inspection inside and outside the house and sprayed for bugs outside the house.

03/29/2014

Cindy B.

They were professional and friendly. They show up when they say they will. They answered all my questions. I signed up for quarterly service and am very happy with them. I am no longer bothered with unwanted ants

01/31/2014

Andrea W.

They seemed quite satisfactory. They come on a regular basis when we need them to. We had a little problem with scorpions in the summertime. Our interaction with them has been fine. They are a little expensive, but we control it. The quality of their work is excellent. We would use them again.

Description of Work
We use Preventive Pest Control for outside control for bugs.

06/24/2013

Les A.

All went well. We insist that all contractors place protective booties over their shoes in order to protect our high-value oriental carpeting and maintain the cleanliness we strive to achieve. Brian, a tall young man with a large floppy hat spoke articulately and intelligently while explaining the presence of the insects we have. We would use Preventative Pest Control again, especially if they send Brian out as he was very detailed and took his time to ensure we were protected from the onslaught of insects.

Description of Work
Sprayed the inside and outside of my home with emphasis on roaches that, according to Brian, are abundant this time of year due to the drought we have had in New Mexico.

06/24/2013

Michael D.

very good. Preventative has a policy that if any insects, bugs, etc, return shortly after spraying, they will come back and take care of the problem at no cost. The technician explained everything, was very friendly and very professional. I originally contacted them because of termites. Because of their professionalism, quality of services and friendliness, I added quarterly pest services and also had them spray for weeds. They are very competent and timely.

Description of Work
Ant Control

05/20/2013

Kristina L.

Great! They are very professional, on-time, and do not use pressure-type sales tactics. They use a non-toxic, marigold based spray which is safe for homes with children and pets. I will use their services several times a year to control ants, cockroaches, and black widow spiders.

Description of Work
Warren surveyed the interior and exterior of my home for pest issues. The owner inspected wood damage at the base of the house and concluded the damage was from ants, not termites. They were on time for all appointments and I hired them to spray the inside and outside of my home.

04/01/2013

Ernesto M.

They always call before they come out also they are on time. We are very happy with their services and we have not had any pest since they have been coming out

Description of Work
I had Preventive Pest Control to come out a couple of months ago. They come every 3 months

12/10/2012

D W.

I would continue using them if they sent the same man out, but they would not do this, so I had to move on an find another company that would.

Description of Work
They did pest control for me for three years.

12/01/2012

Mike K.

He and a helper came out as scheduled, performed the work as promised, cleaned up after themselves, and finished in about three hours. We were given a reasonable warranty, and we are very pleased with price and service. I will use this company again whenever we have any kind of bug problem.

Description of Work
Preventative inspected for termites - which we were already fairly certain that we had - and found an infestation. The technician thoroughly explained the product they would use and gave me a written diagram and explanation of how and where it would be applied. He gave me his written estimate, which was much less than what I had expected, given the research I had done on the internet. He didn't pressure me to agree to anything, but I immediately scheduled a treatment.

11/28/2012

Eleanor Y A.

We are very pleased with their service, and they always follow up.

Description of Work
They do our preventive pest control every month.

11/07/2012

Shelley L.

They were great. They showed up as promised. I did have to call them back after their first visit (but before the second) and they came out free of charge for the service so I kind of got a month fee. I have a month-to-month contract with them and I have been happy with them so far. They are professional and they call me ahead of time to schedule visits. Their prices are less than the company that I used in the past.

Description of Work
I was starting to see some bugs and spiders mostly out of our house and I was looking for a new pest control company.

Pest Daddy llc

Vital pest control services for Albuquerque and surrounding areas. We take pride in what we do, and we do it well! ​ Throughout Albuquerque, NM we've served and treated some of the most daunting pest issues facing our customers. From bed bugs, hornets and wasps to some extreme cockroach infestations We didn't back down. Our customers have spoken with 5-star reviews across the board! Thank you, New Mexico, and most of all thank you to our wonderful customers. were here to serve you! Fast Reliable Diligent

2022 Super Service Award

Critter Control

Satisfying Homeowners of Santa Fe and Albuquerque for 35+ Years, Critter Control provides humane & safe animal removal and prevention for animals like skunks, raccoons, rodents, bats, pigeons and pocket gophers. ***We do not service for bed bugs or termites. *100% Free inspections offered in Albuquerque, Belen, Bernalillo, Casa Blanca, Corrales, Grants, Los Lunas, Milan, Moriarty, Peralta, Placitas, Pueblo Of Acoma, Rio Rancho, Santo, Domingo Pueblo, Tome and more! Contact Us to Schedule.* We can locate an animal's entry points and seal/repair openings to prevent access to ceiling, walls and living areas of your home or business. We clean droppings/urine to avoid diseases like hantavirus/plaque. In addition, we provide preventative services to control exterior populations and keep critters from entering your home. Control Critter also provides general pest control service. We use low impact, natural materials to form a barrier on the exterior of your property. We inspect and monitor on a routine basis to control general pests like ants, roaches, centipedes, spiders and other crawling insects.

Visa, Check, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Commercial & residential pest control services. Insect control. Exterminators. Weed/Lawn control. Real Estate Inspection Services.