Narrow Leaf Inc

Founded 1991 • With Angi since July 2006

100 El Pueblo Rd NW Unit A

Albuquerque, NM 87114

Narrow Leaf Woodworks, a division of Narrow Leaf Inc specializes in hand crafted custom wood gates, cabinets and furniture. Our professional crafters and builders have over 30 years of experience in Albuquerque area homes and businesses and have the knowledge, skills, and expertise necessary to

05/30/2019

John R.

Tom and his entire crew were very professional and competent. While the weather was a factor in the start and completion of the job, they were punctual and on site regularly.

Description of Work
Stuccoed existing concrete block wall and installed new wood gates.

Category stucco

10/24/2018

LINDA W.

We had to wait a few weeks because it was midsummer when we accepted Tom’s bid, but it was well worth the wait. All the work was very professionally done, and Tom’s crews were very polite and pleasant as well as highly skilled. We now have a beautiful wall with gorgeous stucco and a fantastic new custom wood gate and wonderful new sidewalks. Yeah! We will be calling Tom, the owner of Narrow Leaf, for more landscaping needs in the future. Tom was always very responsive to my texts.

Description of Work
We wanted about 30 feet of wall and three new sidewalks.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, irrigation systems, masonry, woodworking, hardscaping

10/17/2018

Lou Ann E.

Tom came over and took a look and discussed some good options with us. He also followed up quickly with his bid for the option we chose. We decided to hire his company because we felt comfortable that he and his crew would do a good job... and his bid was within our budget. We had to wait about six (6) weeks, due to his workload (he's busy). The crews came in on schedule and they finished the job in just a few days! They were very hard-working... courteous... and professional, in every way... and they did a Great Job! We look forward to working with them again in the future for our next year's project! Thank you all for taking such good care of your clients!

Description of Work
We had an unsightly 40+ year old water feature and concrete pond that hadn't worked in at least 13 years and it all needed to come out and be replaced with something that would be more attractive and functional.

06/29/2018

kathy E.

1) SOD GRASS Installation Back yard lawn completely gone, only dirt and a few weeds . I hired Narrow leaf to put a new lawn in. The deal was they were to roto-till the soil, put in amemendments and top soils and then top it off with sod. I has repeatedly asked to have them tll me when they were to install so I couid be home to open gates, etc. In April 2018 was surprised to arrive home one day and found the whole job was nearly finished. So I do not know what was exactly done. I do know the the lawn is very uneven, with large bumps and depressions , high spots and low spots, such that mowing it is a real pain since the mower blades or wheels get stuck in the either a hill or trough and water unevenly settle in these troughs and leaves dry spots in other areas. All along the side walk there is a depression followed by a sharp rise. So it appears as if the soil was not leveled and tamped down with a roller (as it should have been). I had one of their staff come out to check the condition of the grass out. He indicated that the owner would get back with me, I have heard nothing. BRICK PAVERS I wanted a brick patio extended. These were fired clay outdoor pavers. When asked to have this done the owner said he could not exactly match what was there, of which I agreed would be the case. What was installed was a hodge-podge of clay and cement pavers of multiple colors and textures. Some had spacer ridged on the edges, so the were not even uniform in size. It was evident that there was no attempt made to even come to a close matching the existing patio. The job was very ugly, sloppy and unprofessional looking. The added extension was about 1/4 inch higher and the end ratainer from the existing patio had not been removed, which was a tripping hazard, and no border retainer was installed on the extension. When I asked to have these removed and reinstalled I had to be there to be there to tell them how to do it, have the border retainer removed and reinstalled (plus I purchased more on my own to have them installed). The crew left and I looked closely at the job, there were numerous bricks with ends elevated up (a tripping hazard) that had not been tamped down or sand filled. I had to call them back, the crew did return fixed those issues I pointed out then left. After that I noticed other spots not sand filled, large spaces that should have had bricks cut to fit, etc. 3) Installed cedar deck off of master bedroom. This looks good but the cedar deck planks are full of knots. The owner indicated it was hard to find cedar and he bought all in the area, it looks good but I am a bit concerned about all the knots. Other than the wood deck,the lawn and brick installation were sloppy jobs with no attention to detail, function or longevity. I will not hire them again . Updated, 8/13/18: Narrowleaf has written an amazing response full of untruths to my 06/18/2018 review of their installation of sod and bricks. Related to the bricks, there never was a discussion of all the bricks be removed and new ones installed.... no such discussion occurred , point blank! The discussion we had was the clay fired bricks to be installed would not exactly match the color currently there. What they put in was of various sizes and textures a real eysores. I never, never, never chased off the Narrow Leaf employee who came to look at the sod. We had a long discussion about what was wrong with the sod emplacment, very lumpy and uneven, The last words I had with him was that I had with him was that he would check with Tom, the owner, to see what could be done. Nothing happened after that. I find it amazing that the owner of this company would publically put on line that I chased his foreman off when that NEVER happened.

Description of Work
1) sod grass put (grade F); 2) brick pavers installed (grade F); 3) deck installation -B +

Category decks, landscaping, hardscaping

Wow, this is a bit blown out of proportion. The brick work was not as I desired so we redid it at our expense. It was all used bricks that you and I had. There were different sizes and thickness which didn't help. You added another project which was the borders later on, we didn't miss it the first time nor did you need to stand there and tell my guys how to do it. You elected to do so and that's fine but to assume my masons needed your oversight is not a true statement. You had a particular way you wanted things and that is fine so we attempt to please. I suggested you remove the whole patio at the beginning and install pavers or reset everything. Instead you wanted a patch job so that is what I bid. What you wanted was perfect, not a patch job and I should not have bid it that way. I didn't charge much at all for that project, we've done you no harm at all. As for the sod being all dead and somehow resting that on my shoulders is disingenuous. Sod is perishable and must be cared for properly during the hot months. We offer no warranty on sod as you cannot purchase bad sod and it's up to the customer to care for it. There is no reason you should have lost your sod. We install it for dozens of clients and noone has lost their sod but you. I'm very sorry to hear this. You mentioned one time that the grass had some bumps in it. I sent a man over to address it and you chased him off. That was it for me, I'm done. I did not promise to call you back and then did not do so. I really tried to please you, sometimes you can't make a client happy no matter what. Best wishes Tom

06/28/2018

Rebecca G.

The wall looks awful. Multiple professionals from landscapers to pool companies to our building manager have all commented on the shoddy job and how ugly the wall looks. It took forever to get it taken care of, the communication was terrible and we got a new guy who had no idea what he was doing. Uneven bricks and slopped on mortar. We had to have work done on another wall section later by another company and it's flawless. So sad we didn't find them first! Narrow Leaf might do nice landscaping, but the masonry work is pitiful.

Description of Work
Add height to an existing wall

Category masonry

Hi member, some of the info in your letter is new info for me. The wall project changed several times in it's scope during the build adding and removing blocks etc. This added to the problem and neatness of the wall. In the end we did have a new forman that did not do work that was pleasing to us and we let him go very shortly after this project. You only notified me that you wanted some extra courses here and there and that the forman was not following your requests. I did not know about any sloppy work till this review. You paid your bill and I considered you taken care of and never heard from you again. Several years later you post a complaint. I do wish I had my regular masons on your project, they do flawless work, building large walls, outdoor kitchens, kivas, banco, fireplaces, firepits etc. These projects are much harder than walls which are a welcome break for them. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations. Tom

06/05/2018

Dan K.

The work was perfect. Quality was a definite. Working with staff was superior. They always kept me informed of the progress and did what they said they would do.

Description of Work
Gravel driveway and around house, build deck, pavers porch, brick porch

Category decks, landscaping, lawn service, pavers, gravel, woodworking, hardscaping, patios

05/25/2018

Paul J.

Tom was quick to respond to my request for a quote and was very friendly and professional. Work began a few weeks later and was completed in about 4 or 5 days. The sod looks great and has established itself nicely. The gate is beautiful. I would not hesitate to use Narrow Leaf again for future projects.

Description of Work
Resod of my backyard and installation of automated sprinkler system to replace existing sprinkler system. Also, built and installed a new gate to my backyard.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

So glad you like the new yard. Thank you for the kind words as well. Hope you enjoy for years to come. Talk soon Tom

04/10/2018

Mendy B.

I contacted the office about obtaining an estimate for maintenance work I need to have performed on my lawn. I was give the name of the maintenance crew's supervisor. I called and left a message about an estimate for maintenance work and replacing bare patches in my lawn with sod. It's been over three weeks since I left my message and I have yet to receive a call back regarding my message. I understand that spring is the busy season for landscapers, but it is extremely unprofessional not return a call for work within 48 hours.

Description of Work
Estimate for lawn repairs

01/09/2018

Herman H.

Very well. Workers arrived on time and did a quality job.

Description of Work
Three drains next to driveway to stop washouts in rain

Category landscaping, drain pipe, hardscaping

12/04/2017

David G.

Responsiveness, professionalism, quality of work, and ease of working with Narrow Leaf was all first rate. Tom provided and was open to several different options - he was objective and knowledgeable about all the different options, letting me know all the pros and cons. The guys that did the installation did a great job - work looks great, and they left everything nice and clean. I would not hesitate to work with Narrow Leaf again.

Description of Work
Replacement of old deck.

Category decks

Thanks for the kind words [Member Name Removed], enjoy your new deck!

11/08/2017

Marsha W.

I like them, but the design wasn't what we were looking for. Another company I like their concept better. The pricing wasn't far off from the other company. I would consider using them in the future.

Description of Work
They came out and gave us an estimate for doing the landscaping of our yard.

10/17/2017

Lawrence W.

Excellent. Tom did an excellent job. I was somewhat surprised about the cost of a wooden gate in today's market, but the price was competitive and the work extremely well done. I would highly recommend Narrow Leaf services.

Description of Work
A new, two-door garden gate made of wood.

Category contractors, woodworking

10/16/2017

Adam S.

They showed up on time and were very friendly and professional. However, I needed a formal estimate on the project and it was never given. A follow-up phone call by the company was never given either.

Description of Work
We needed a fence for the backyard.

Category landscaping

Hi [Member Name Removed], you and I spoke after receiving this review and you found the bid in a different folder while we were on the phone together. You mentioned you didn't quite know how to change your review since it still states we didn't send a bid or call and of course we did both. Best wishes on your project, have a good day Tom

09/08/2017

Mary M.

Just fine. had a couple of plants die, but they replaced them, and now they are doing fine.

Description of Work
Landscape my back yard, and did some concrete work to a parking area in back yard. They built a Pergolashelter, and redid our sprinkler system. Carlos and his crew were very hard workers.

Category concrete repair, decks, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, masonry, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

06/21/2017

Marie F.

It did not go perfectly, but it did go quite well.

Description of Work
Removing an existing fountain, filling in the hole and adding concrete pavers to extend the concrete patio and moving and rearranging existing flagstone.

06/02/2017

Carol K.

Fantastic! Tom worked with me to plan the area and helped me to make decisions by explaining the pros and cons of various portions. His team was exceedingly polite, worked diligently, cleaned up after themselves every day, and completed the project in a timely manner. My backyard is stunning and I have received multiple raves from my friends and family. It could be a magazine centerfold! I am so thrilled that I have called and asked Tom to add a deck over my garage. I can't wait!

Description of Work
1. Removed old shade structure with a gigantic Wisteria entwined throughout. 2. Constructed new aluminum shade structure. 3. Added large patio with pavers. 4. Built firepit and had gas line installed.

05/25/2017

Scheryl C.

Initially, very well. I received prompt responses to my emails and my questions were answered. The problems came when I wanted to schedule the service. I messaged him to let him know my available dates and to see if any of the days would work. On a Friday, I got a message saying he needed to get in front of his book first. Come Monday evening, no word. I sent a reminder. No response. That short message on Friday was the last I heard from him.

Description of Work
Wanted to plant an Oklahoma Redbud tree.

Category landscaping

Good morning member, I'm so sorry, I simply forgot to get back with you. I sometimes get so overwhelmed in the springtime with work, leads, phone calls, emails, scheduling etc that a project slips through the cracks... Arg...I hope you can accept my apology, It was an honest mistake. We work hard to service all our customers and it really bugs me when one gets past us, we're better than that. Best wishes on your project Tom

05/15/2017

Ginny C.

Wonderful, best money I've spent. House looks great. I would suggest you do this before you put your house on the market. Really great curb appeal.

Description of Work
Had my front yard fluffed up. New rocks and plants, trimmed existing plants and shrubs.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel

04/20/2017

Brittany E.

Everything went well. Tom was very helpful and open to changes or any questions we had. The workers were friendly, professional, and easy to talk with. The job took about 2.5 weeks and they even came back out a few days later when I had questions about the drip system.

Description of Work
We needed retaining wall work, leveling, landscaping, and irrigation work.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, masonry, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping

04/10/2017

Julene L.

I had a good experience with them. I would give them an excellent, A plus. I have had them redo entire landscape, sod put in and bricks put in. They were certainly reasonable compared to the other estimates I got. They also maintain my lawn for me.

Description of Work
They redid my entire landscaping.

03/27/2017

Richard H.

It went very well. Tom came out and gave the estimate and recommendations. The crew was experienced and knew what to do.

Description of Work
Install outdoor patio pavers

01/27/2017

BARBARA V.

It did not go very well. It's been leaking for about a month after they finished. They would come out and do patchwork for us but it did not stop any leaking. Back in June we called the company to have them come out and fix the roof. They finally told us that it was not an issue with the roofing it was an issue with the sealing. They said the canalizes were not a part of the warranty and they would charge us to reseal them. They never did do a final inspection for the roofing. They never called us even though they said they would come out and fix the issue. They have yet to seal them and they will not take responsibility for the issue even though our warranty is not up yet.

Description of Work
They were to remove the existing roof and install a new roof which including sealing to the existing valleys, we had a three year warranty on it. This was for a kitchen patio roof.

Dear member, we repaired a leaking roof on an existing outdoor shade cover for you as well as build a new significant shade cover attached to the house. All is well with the main project, your issue is with the small flat roof repair. We agreed to replace the roof for you which we did. When you notified us that is was leaking we made many trips to investigate. We even performed a few unneccessary patches at an attempt to "fix" a leak. We could never find a leak in your new roof. We stopped up the canalies and flooded the roof with 3" of water and left it to sit... it never leaked! We investigated and determined that it was the canalies and not the roof that leaks. It was not the "sealing" of the new roof to the canalies either but rather the canalies themselves. We would have been happy to just seal up a seam or two, that was not the issue. The canalies were not part of our project and were somone else's work. We do not warranty other peoples work. Jeff explained all this in detail with you. I guess this is a classic case of a contractor expressly saying in writting what will be performed and the homeowner assuming that something different will take place. I did not charge or state or imply or ever mention that we were replacing the canalies, that's a different process than redoing the roof itself. We did not charge for that step either. I'm dissapointed the project turned south like this, we built a large project that you loved and we thought you were wonderful clients and enjoyed working with you very much. We never agreed or charged you for the work you want us to warranty, after explaining the details I felt I had no options but decline. Best of wishes. Tom

01/24/2017

Herman H.

Very well, work done professionally and on time.

Description of Work
Concrete pad for hot tub, sidewalks, regrade driveway

Category concrete repair, landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

Thank you member, almost all our clients are just the best people and great to work with, no exceptions here, enjoy your new project. Tom

10/28/2016

Charles S.

Well. But consumers must do their due diligence before hiring landscape companies for major projects. I got three or four landscaping company names from Plants of the Southwest, interviewed and got bids from three (bids came in at $2 to $4 per square foot). Before signing a contract with Narrow Leaf, I ascertained the company owner from the State Corporation Commission and then checked for litigation against that individual and the corporation itself over recent years at the at the NM court case look up web site.

Description of Work
Major xeriscaping project. Remove grass, substitute crusher fine and gravel, plant xeric plants and change spray watering system to drip irrigation.

Category landscaping

Thank you for the kind words, hope you enjoy your new yard for years to come! Have a good day Tom

05/27/2016

Cameron L.

The deck team was two men, Jeff and unfortunately I didn't get the other gentleman's name. They were extremely professional and thorough while consulting me on anything and everything that they deemed relevant. This was my first experience hiring a job out and I was very happy with the experience. Both gentlemen were articulate and experts in their field. Our deck was a 14'x18' and it only took three to complete!

Description of Work
We had Narrow Leaf build and install a wood composite deck in our backyard and it's exactly what we hoped for. The crew was extremely fast, efficient, and self reliable. The job is very professional and we use it daily.

Category decks

Dear member, thank you for trusting us with your project, it was fun for us. You nice words will be passed on to the guys as well, they work hard and a pat on the back goes a long way. Thanks again, have a good day and enjoy the new deck. Tom

Just Stucco & Windows LLC

Stucco is not just a word or a product to us. Stucco is something we enjoy. For many years we have taken great satisfaction stuccoing many homes in the Albuquerque and surrounding areas, making this town beautiful, making homes come alive with color and new texture. Just Stucco and Windows specializes in exterior and interior stucco and plaster, windows, doors, trim work, drywall finishing and painting. We do all types of masonry, block and stucco walls and courtyards, brick, flagstone and pavers, cultured stone, veneer and stacked stone. Just Stucco and Windows installs all types of windows and doors, i.e., vinyl, wood, fiberglass, custom built and energy efficient with high quality finish work. We believe in exceptional customer service, and our commitment to excellence is always foremost in each and every window installation job that we do. All of our jobs come with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Ask about Angie's List discount. Award winning. Additional fax - (505) 452-.0895. Additional email - juststucco@gmail.com. Additional contact name - James Rooks

2022 Super Service Award

B.W. Earp, Inc.

Welcome to B.W. Earp, Inc. B.W. Earp, Inc. is a stucco contractor serving Albuquerque, NM. Since 1990, B.W. Earp, Inc. has been at the forefront of contemporary surfacing. This unique contracting company combines the timeless quality of handworked stucco and the contemporary usage of highly crafted interior plasters to bring the customer a specialized surface that is custom-designed and looks great! The specialized techniques used by each contractor require the combined skills of structural integrity, architectural design, rigorous craftsmanship, and an eye for beauty. Since 1990, residents and businesses in the Albuquerque area have turned to B.W. Earp, Inc. for a variety of stucco services, including waterproofing and bonding. Their expert staff is always there to help you decide the right surfacing option to match your building construction. Their hard work and expertise have led them to become an industry leader and the most respected name in resurfacing and waterproofing. Our company provides the following services - Stucco, synthetic, and El Rey - Venetian plaster & variance finishes - Re-stucco - New construction -Parapet Repair and Waterproofing B.W. Earp, Inc. is New Mexico's most experienced and creative resource for exterior stucco and interior plaster surfaces. Visit our website to see what we have to offer! We are proud to be licensed, bonded, and insured. Visit bwearp.com to see the work we've completed. Call us today! We invite you to ask for an on-site estimate. 505-344-2111 ***If you live outside the Albuquerque area there is a $50.00 fee for an estimate. This charge will be credited toward the project once our contract is signed. Thank you for understanding.

RIO GRANDE LATH & PLASTER

We have been in business for over 20 years. We offer Free estimates and have many available references. Chose us and you do not pay a penny until job is fully done to your satisfaction

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Residential & Commercial Landscaping – Design & Installation, Water Features, Pond, Irrigation & Sprinkler Systems, Retaining Wall, Sod & Lawn, Landscaping Lighting, Tree & Shrub Services, Shade Structure Design & Construction, Decks & Porches, Electrical Testing, & Xeriscape Design & Installation.

Pool Maintenance.