Hunter Builders LLC

10/31/2024

10101 Elmhurst Dr NW

Albuquerque, NM 87114

decks & porches2021
Replaced old rotted wood deck and frame with new composite decking and new frame.

Extensive construction experience in all aspects of building. We are qualified with a GB98 and do everything from common repairs to new construction and additions....
Composite deck project

decks & porches

2021
Custom shower project
Custom shower

home remodeling

202187114

tile installation (32)flooring (12)drywall (11)home remodeling (8)woodworking (8)decks & porches (8)concrete repair (8)interior painting (7)stucco (7)handyman (7)patio enclosures (6)roofing (6)

04/12/2021

Sabri S.

David Hunter was the only contractor of the 3 we interviewed that provided us with a detailed proposal citing material and labor costs and target dates for material acquisition and deck builds. He met every goal on his proposal and the completed work exceeded our expectations. Will always recommend Hunter Builders and work with them on future projects, especially because David and his team are really nice people! Hunter Builders is a role model for others to follow.

Description of Work
new deck with foundation

Category bathtub refinishing,decks,doors

Work Completed On 04/05/2021

Review for Hunter Builders LLC - 10101 Elmhurst Dr NW, Albuquerque, NM - 39289852

12/27/2020

Noelle B.

The project went very smoothly, I love the result and will definitely hire again. I really appreciated the responsiveness (I hired remotely) before the job, and the professionalism and attention to detail performing the job. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
New hard woodfloor installed

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 12/26/2020

12/18/2020

Bridget O.

David and Jacob did an outstanding job. They are realiable, professional craftsman who have their clients best interest in mind throughout the work process. I highly recommend Hunter Builders.

Description of Work
I had to have carpet and linoleum taken up and tile installed in three rooms.

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

Review for Hunter Builders LLC - 10101 Elmhurst Dr NW, Albuquerque, NM - 39094043

02/23/2020

Pamela J.

Excellent job from start to finish: Quote given quickly, work was started promptly, all workers were professional and did exceptional work, project done in the time frame specified. Would definitely recommend and would use Hunter again.

Description of Work
Shower remodel

Work Completed On 02/23/2020

06/06/2019

Joseph R.

This is one of those things where you get what you pay for. Let’s start with the pre demolition work. You would think the contractor would properly prep a house for tile removal. They put plastic over the cabinets, but I had to cover the windows and entrance to the second floor myself after the demolition began. The contractor promised complete prep work and that was not delivered. The tile that was installed is uneven, the grout lines have holes and are installed unevenly. All visible issues were clearly marked off for the contractor to fix, however they were not all fixed correctly. I will end up fixing them myself with better quality and care. While the contractor was working, holes were put in the drywall and the patches they put to cover them up were less than nice to say the least. Baseboards were put back like a young child did them. They were crooked and caulking was very uneven. Additionally, the main contractor acted very unprofessional when the issues were raised. He wanted to argue instead of resolving clear lapses in the quality of work. Lesson learned. Spend the extra money to hire a flooring contractor and not a general contractor. I would not recommend them for flooring installation.

Description of Work
Tile Installation

Work Completed On 06/05/2019

Well. I do not know how to properly address this testimonial. Everything that you are saying is true to your point of view. We explained the demo would be messy. We explained the steps we would take as far as protecting the cabinets. If you wanted the windows covered, we would have gladly covered them. There were many lapses in our communication. Not due to my end. Owner was making decisions and calling and dealing with my helpers without consulting any issues with me. We showed up on Saturday to fix these issues. Owner was aware but did not answer forcing us to have to come back on Sunday. The issues that are being discussed here, I wish we could have fixed in a way in which we could have satisfied this customer. But these issues are so small that I was blown away with the request of most of it. Also we advised installing new baseboards. Or at least painting the old ones. This is an additional expense obviously nothing is free. The owner decided against this process. So in turn the baseboards were the same beat up baseboards that were there previously. I am truly sorry for this inconvenience and wish you the best [Member Name Removed]. I don’t think you truly understand what reviews like this mean to other consumers. But i hope anybody who read this review takes the time to read my response. We are a premier flooring company and sometimes we are not able to satisfy a client because of unrealistic expectations and lack of communication. We have also learned a lesson from this project. Thank you for your feedback and if there is anything we can do to rectify this situation, I am more than happy to win you back.

05/29/2019

Judd J.

Never returned my phone call asking for a bid. Very unprofessional regardless of how busy the company may be. Lack of regard for basic customer service is an indicator that hired services will be treated the same way. It's fine if you don't want my work, but at least due me the courtesy of telling me.

Description of Work
Remove interior load bearing wall.

Category picture framing,remodeling

Work Completed On 05/16/2019

I apologize for this truly. We are making many changes to the way we respond and handle our consultation service. This has been a very difficult time for us as a company due to many factors. This is not an excuse. But I please ask that you understand we are really trying to get to everybody who is calling and contacting us. Our current clients are always our main priority and I wish we had more hands right now so we could better service our potential clients. If at all possible I would like to earn the opportunity to do what is necessary for you to maybe give us a different review rating. We apologize for not being able to reach out to you. But we are working on improving. Thank you for the opportunity.

08/22/2018

Leeann O.

Hi all, I would like to take the time to write a review for this wonderful company, Hunter Builder’s, LLC! David, whom is the owner is a wonder individual. Extremely attentive to the plans and details I had in mind for this project. He helped bring my vision to life. He built a gazebo from ground up. He went out of his way to talk to authorities to have this protect approved (when he didn’t have to!) He made sure I was going to get what i dreamt of! His craftsmanship is amazingly gorgeous! Communication skills are extremely comprehensive and he is very thorough with you throughout the process of the build. He cleaned up immaculately leaving no debris and a polished finish. I truly cannot believe what I received for the price I paid. Fabulous prices, they cannot be beat. I couldn’t believe the outcome of the finished product. It is BEAUTIFUL! I am impressed and would highly recommend for any and every construction need!

Description of Work
I needed a gazebo built

Category concrete repair,decks,picture framing,remodeling,roofing,garage builders,home builders,woodworking,house painters,interior painters,sunrooms,patios

Work Completed On 08/14/2018

08/21/2018

Shelley O.

They did a wonderful job and were incredibly patient with the process of working with the state. Everyone was polite and hard working. Thanks David and crew.

Description of Work
Environmental modification for handicapped bathroom

Category bathtub refinishing,ceramic tile,drywall,flooring contractor,picture framing,insulation,plastering,remodeling,replacement windows,woodworking,stucco,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 08/21/2018

04/26/2018

Jorge R.

Project official start date (construction loan approved) Nov 1, estimated completion date first week in May. The house was constructed in 6 months, which is probably faster than any other contractor. However, all inspections passed the first time. Even though they worked very efficiently quality was always in mind. Adjustments were made as the project progressed. Costs were kept on budget when there were no changes. Some changes had no cost and others were reasonably priced. The project is on budget and on schedule.

Description of Work
New Construction of custom home

Category ceramic tile,concrete repair,concrete driveways,drywall,flooring contractor,picture framing,handyman service,insulation,lighting,masonry,plastering,remodeling,roofing,siding,pavers, gravel,replacement windows,garage builders,home builders,woodworking,stucco,house painters,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 04/26/2018

Review for Hunter Builders LLC - 10101 Elmhurst Dr NW, Albuquerque, NM - 37012482

04/24/2018

Manuel T.

Hunters builders are professional, affordable and build with quality! Iam very happy with the outcome of y remodel they took care of me from A to Z and educated me on every phase of work Iam compfortable recomeding Hunters builders to anyone.

Description of Work
Custom remodel my home!

Category bathtub refinishing,ceramic tile,concrete repair,decks,concrete driveways,flooring contractor,picture framing,plastering,remodeling,replacement windows,garage builders,stucco,sunrooms

Work Completed On 04/24/2018

12/03/2017

Stephen S.

We are very pleased with the results of the installation. The team was punctual and professional and completed the job on schedule. They cleaned up every night before leaving and did a very good job on the final cleanup. The final result is excellent and has been positively commented on by several people.

Description of Work
Ceramic Tile Installation

Work Completed On 11/29/2017

09/01/2017

Fabian B.

it went exellent, the crew preformed the best ive had in my last remodels.

Description of Work
I needed 2 bedrooms, bath and kitchen floored

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 07/22/2017

08/31/2017

Melissa S.

Work came out beautiful! And work was done quickly and exactly to my specifications. Great experience

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, exterior paint, window replacement

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,remodeling,replacement windows,home remodeling,house painters

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

Review for Hunter Builders LLC - 10101 Elmhurst Dr NW, Albuquerque, NM - 36156246

08/28/2017

Jeff H.

They did okay. I think the pricing was a little high, and I know the owner didn’t have much control over his guys as far as being diligent and them just getting it done. They were on time. I would not use their service again.

Description of Work
They put in new flooring.

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 09/01/2015

Hello [Member Name Removed]. I apologize we couldn't score an A review. Our pricing is standard to that of our competition. I felt we were pretty diligent on your project always on time and ready to work. Please let us know if you have any projects coming up that we might be able to make up for this inconvenience. We would really like to turn you into a returning customer.

03/07/2017

Amy G.

David came out quickly and gave a good estimate. He was easy to talk to and had a good plan for the work I needed done to bring the floor in a recently bought house up to code after rotting was discovered. He was also willing to do the additional work of stripping and staining french doors. He had an idea of how to stop / patch some rotting in the wood frame of a door that could not be replaced easily. Overall, the quality of the work looked great. We stopped by several times during the work and found the crew to be hard at work most of the time. The main problem we had was with the cleanliness and professionalism of the crew. During the work, we asked them to keep the bedroom sealed off since a lot of dust and dirt was being moved and we wanted to keep that room which had just been painted clean. We set up plastic to keep the room separate. The crew needed to get in to stain a door and didn't bother to reseal the plastic, which ended up creating a lot of work from us to clean the bedroom at the end of the work. When the job was complete, we noticed some problems. We had been doing some other painting and work on the house in the evening and we found some of our tools missing. The crew took a long extension cord, our tape measure, and several screwdrivers, used our paint brushes and paint pan, and used up all our painting tape for the job they were hired to do. This was extremely inconvenient because we were on a time crunch and needed the tools we had bought (and kept in other rooms) for the work we were doing at night - plus materials were supposed to be covered in the quote, so we ended up paying extra since they used our tools. In addition, when the painting tape ran out, the crew used our masking tape on the walls near the doors. When it was removed, it pulled the paint up and we ended up having to patch around the door and repaint. In addition, the crew often smoked cigarettes outside and left cigarette butts all over the front yard and street. When working in the bedroom, a room that had recently had its floor refinished, one of the workers was eating sunflower seeds and left shells everywhere. They didn't do a good job of removing the painter's tape from the doors they refinished and left bits of tape everywhere. The crew left sets of nails/screws and brackets throughout the house randomly and one of cars got a flat tire from a screw that was left right in front of the house. We paid the bill before the final cleaning since David was available and asked us to pay then, but they hadn't completed the patch of the rotted wood in the door frame yet. David stated they would come back and patch the wood, but that job was never completed. I ended up having to do that work myself despite the payment. While the work they did was great and I was very pleased that I was able to get a licensed contractor out so quickly to Santa Fe for the work, in the end I was displeased based on the lack of clean up, the use of our tools, and the fact that they never completed the job that I paid for. David did replace the measure tape and extension cord when we commented to him on the problem, but stated his crew had just gotten the items confused, despite the fact that we had put our tools in rooms that were not being worked on.

Description of Work
Brought a floor up to code by excavating a large room and inserting proper flooring joists, then rebuilding the floor. Also replaced the floor joists in another room. In addition, stripped and stained wood french doors.

Category excavators,flooring contractor,remodeling,woodworking

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

Dear [Member Name Removed], I do apologize for these inconveniences. I would like to extend an offer directly to you to make up for any discomfort you experienced with our company. Again I do apologize for the confusion of tools between yourself and my crew. I provide tools for my crew members and sometimes they mistake others for ours. I did replace the tools you mentioned to me and am more than happy to replace any other tools that you assume we took. I would like to make amends with the professionalism and extend our hand to you in any way we can. please let me know if there is anything we can do to make up for your bad experience. I do apologize about the small amount of work you had to do because of the tape issues. If it was brought to our attention I would have taken care of it. Pleas let us know if there is any way we can make you a more satisfied customer. David

08/30/2016

UE M.

Fast. Efficient. Quality. David Hunter cares deeply about customer satisfaction. We call him every time we need work done. His schedule seems packed sometimes but he won't make promises he cannot keep. We appreciate that!

Description of Work
Hunter Builders has completed multiple remodel projects for us over the last five years. Cut hole in roof, installed roof door and steel retracting stairway (looks great. Great finish work on ceiling and roof has not leaked in either of two winters). Took responsibility for his men and subcontractors. Built an outdoor balcony cover with beams and stucco to match existing SW architecture. Looks like the original building. Seamless. Build a heavy timber patio frame that we roofed ourselves with Latillas and clear polycarbonate. We appreciate that David Hunter will do the heavy work for us! Poured massive 550 SF 8" deep patio slab to extend and cover over old original small slab. No problems in one year through 5 seasons. All projects completed with attention to detail, color matching existing stucco was excellent. Everything matches and improves original. Also finished up some remodel work on walls indoors that we wanted to finish but had postponed. Made big difference for us

Category concrete repair,decks,drywall,picture framing,handyman service,remodeling,roofing,siding,home builders,woodworking,stucco,home remodeling,sunrooms,patios

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

08/30/2016

UE M.

Everything looks better than original. Neighbors praise the work, say it increases their property values.

Description of Work
Balcony roof extension matches original building improved property value; timber post & beam patio added a 550 SF outdoor room ; they poured an excellent 8" deep slab that radiates passive solar heat in winter! Indoor remodel projects. Roof door and retracting stairs. Excellent finish work.

Category ceramic tile,concrete repair,decks,drywall,picture framing,handyman service,remodeling,roofing,siding,home builders,woodworking,stucco,home remodeling,sunrooms,patios

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

03/05/2016

David C.

David arrived exactly on time for the estimate, and answered all of my questions. I didn't go with them only because of the urgency needed on my side, and their next availability was when I was out of town. I consider a company that's almost fully booked a good sign. Their estimate was extremely reasonable. I would definitely go Hunter Builders in the future.

Description of Work
Estimate for ceramic tile install (replacing carpet) in master bathroom.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 03/02/2016

11/15/2015

tiffany T.

It looks like s***. Slow workers, and owner never there to make sure the job is getting done. Barely made the dead line. Not impressed at all. Would use Hunter Builder's LLC again.

Description of Work
floors

Work Completed On 10/15/2015

This work was not performed by my company. Angie's list is looking into this matter. Should be resolved soon. Please ignore the review and refer to the other many reviews we have. Thank you

07/23/2015

Shelley M.

I'm really late with this review, but we were extremely pleased with the work that was done. I called several people for estimates and David was very prompt in setting up a time to estimate the work. He assessed the situation, asked several questions and gave me a range of options. The price was very reasonable and I hired them to do the work. Hunter builders exceeded our expectations and really went above and beyond! David and his staff were all very professional and skillful. The work was done on time and cleaned up after. When there was a major problem with the dye lots of the tile I had purchased (not at all their fault), his staff took care of the problem because I was unable to leave work to handle it myself and they wanted to be done with the job on time. We plan to use them in the future and would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Hunter Builders replaced the walls around our bathtub/shower and retiled the area.

Work Completed On 03/15/2015

06/08/2015

Virginia K.

David's workers were great, again. Even patient with me as I had to go to Home Depot because I shorted them on materials.. Very good job and pleasant to be around. Good price! Will use again. This was my second job with him.

Description of Work
Laid vinyl ini my laundry room, a tricky configuration and painted walls and ceilings.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,interior painters

Work Completed On 06/03/2015

05/10/2015

Virginia K.

My Patio had been leaking over my garage for years. It was a gruesome job to rebuilt it. The quote was reasonable; in fact,David Hunter gave me two depending on the amount of work. He gave me great information about what he was going to do. He went above and beyond and was always in communication. Despite the rains, they finished on time and now my deck doesn't leak and my new tile has me glowing. Can't say enough good. Planning on using him again soon. Great to find someone so dependable and just plain good at what he does.

Description of Work
Hunter Builders had to rebuild my patio...It is over my garage and they demolished the bricks and sand sitting on top of concrete; laid additional concrete and weathering to keep the water from dripping into my garage. They added new tile...Over 200 sf.

Category ceramic tile,concrete repair,excavators,masonry,pavers, gravel,patios

Work Completed On 05/08/2015