Duke City Home Inspectors

With Angi since September 2012

10539 Portofino Dr NW

Albuquerque, NM 87114

Home Inspection Service DBA- Duke City Home Inspections Inspect This, LLC...

03/31/2015

Krishna C.

Great service. Honest and reliable. Helped us decide NOT to buy a home that had some significant foundation and roofing issues. We later used DCHI for another home and the service was the same. We ended up buying this one and couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Home inspection plus sewer line scope

01/31/2015

Angela L.

I am a REALTOR. Duke City Home Inspectors have completed numerous inspection for my clients and now our own family home. They are always very thorough and the best part is that we came away with a nice important list of how to keep the home in great shape for the future. Levi and Josh take tons of time to help the buyer or seller (he does pre-home inspections for sellers,as well, and then comes back with the new buyer to re-inspect at NO CHARGE) understand what is in the report. If the buyer is attending the inspection they point out how to avoid problems and maintain a nice home. They will teach you how to take care of your swamp cooler, lube you windows, how not to get electrocuted when you open a fuse box, etc. Especially great for a new home buyer. They are careful to look for polybutylene piping and sono-tubing plus much more. You will LOVE Duke City Home Inspectors!

Description of Work
Levi and Josh did a full home inspection at our house.

12/10/2014

Gail G.

Josh was a doll - he was so professional, but fun at the same time. He took his time and explained everything to us. I've had home inspectors before, and he was head and shoulders above the rest. I would use him again, or recommend him, in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Inspected our home for sale.

01/01/2014

Eric B.

Levi and 2 others in his crew showed up at the house we are looking to buy - showed up 20 mins early to get a good idea of property before inspection was supposed to start! Very thorough inspection....above, below, and inside house. Allowed me to ask any questions I had during process. After inspection was complete they took me around and showed me any areas of concern. I believe they were onsite about 2.5 hours. 3 man crew, 2.5 hours, great job, very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Full home inspection

12/12/2013

Sandra R.

Three guys showed up for the inspection which no one I know has ever heard of more than one guy showing up. Of course there was a fourth guy from another company doing the termite inspection, but that was fine. However, the 3 home inspectors were impossible to keep track of, they threw a door open so hard they put a dent in the wall even though there was a door stop, the hot water heater passed inspection but was mysteriously leaking after they left and we had to get a plumber in to replace it. Twice they asked for the key to the gas fireplace even though we told them the fireplace repairman had set it and told us not to touch it and they got grumpy and asked how they were supposed to check it (we told them the switch to turn it on was on the wall). They messed with the electrical box and we had to re-set one of the switches. They left the gas heater door off for ever and to my knowledge they shouldn't have even taken it off, aren't they just supposed to check for leaks or maybe check the pilot light? They twisted the faucet for the water purifier and it started to leak so we had to get under the sink and tighten it back up. It was like having 3 ruffians running amok in our home. They aren't plummers or licensed anything and I don't think they should have been messing with the water heater, furnace, gas fireplace, electrical box or anything else. I thought inspector's were just supposed to make sure things worked, not open everything up and fool around with it. Anyhow, the inspection report was fine, the sale went through and the buyers got a new water heater as a welcome home gift.

Description of Work
Home Inspection for Sale of Home

07/22/2013

Chris C.

Called Levi with a tight time line and he got us in! Called him on a Tuesday and he was able to fit a home inspection in the same week on Friday. Very professional and very polite! He walked my buyer thru the interior and exterior of the property and explained the functionality of the home. Thank you sir

Description of Work
Home Inspection. Interior as well as exterior

Category home inspection,real estate appraisal

06/10/2013

Lindsey G.

Levi did a fantastic job on our inspection. He was thorough, efficient, polite and professional. He seemed very knowledgeable and shared his suggestions concerning the course we could take to make certain repairs and projects he thought were a priority. We had a very tight closing date and Levi made the effort to fit our home inspection in during a very busy time for inspectors. He was punctual and had the report to me by the following day. Levi was also able to coordinate a last minute pest inspection for us as well. After asking some of my friends for recommendations for inspectors, they all mentioned they had been disappointed with their inspector, so I'm pleased we used Angie's List and found DCHI. I happily recommend Levi and DCHI to others for a home inspection. Thank you, Levi!

Description of Work
Home inspection for purchase.

05/13/2013

kelly W.

I initially spoke with Levi on the phone and was impressed with his professionalism thru our conversation. Due to multiple delays on the bank owned property being de-winterized we finally were able to schedule the home inspection. He was actually a bit early but when my husband arrived Levi discussed in depth the items reviewed. He took the time to repeat some items when I came and asked questions. We appreciated the fact he not only provided answers to our questions but solutions and preventive care suggestions for other items he pointed out to us. All in all, he saved us from a money pit and I would recommend his services to anyone.

Description of Work
Home inspection

10/10/2012

Kathleen D.

I met Levi Carejo when he inspected a house that I didn't ultimately purchase, thanks to his inspection. He pre-inspected the house I did buy, a bank foreclosure. As a result of a quick closing, I was the owner of a house that badly needed a new roof, new decking and water damage repair immediately. I turned to Levi. This is for a home that I will rent out for several years and ultimately live in myself so I needed income as soon as possible and good quality work and materials. Levi was a contractor for years before he became a home inspector and appraiser. He knows and respects many independent contractors that he pulled together and paid on my behalf. The first task was the roof and I couldn't believe how fast a metal roof could go up and for so little on an approximately 1600 sq. ft. house. That part of the cost was only $5000 and it was well done. Next the heating and air conditioning duct work and units needed to go in. The electrical box upgrade and new plugs were done simultaneously. During my visits to the property the workers were very professional and spent long hours getting things done. They worked well into the night and weekends. It was the rainy season so I was nervous about the timing of the roof tear-down and re-build especially because insurance would not pay for further damage to the house. It all happened like clockwork. Seven new windows were installed in the house (it already had some double pane windows in the front part of the home). Then the old carpet was torn out in the living room and an auxiliary room that I am using as a bed sit for overnights when weather doesn't permit a return home. The shower, a pre-fab and toilet were installed exactly as described and a closet was built to house the furnace and water heater. Levi encouraged me to keep a list of things that weren't perfect or need attention every step of the way. The only thing that went wrong is the tile guy tiled over a cable connection. As I found things that needed additional repair (but was not part of his responsibility I hired a handi-couple to do the work. They painted nicely, but charged so much more than the prices quoted by Levi that I asked him to do the rest. Most of the time, he just did the work without charge. And when I decided to redo another bedroom floor, he did it himself for a lower price than he quoted and he threw in extra repairs and hardware installation that were not his job. The house now looks pristine. Even before the last repairs were done, I could show it to prospective renters because he'd arranged for cleaners to make everything spotless. I was and still am stunned by my good fortune to have met Levi. Do get quotes for everything and expect to be wowed at how inexpensive and professional the work can be done for less. He told me he does not mark up the contractor/coordination he does because he wants to find work for those good people he knows. I was skeptical, but am now a believer.

Description of Work
I purchased a house in the Old Town area of Albuquerque that needed a new roof, repair water damage, update electrical from 75 amp to 150 amp, install new heating and air conditioning system, new duct work, sheetrock, new tile, paint, tile repair, new double pane energy efficient windows, wall repair and paint touch up. I also requested that a 3/4 bath be installed in what was then a utility. I requested a detailed bid with a break down. Although I didn't get a breakdown of every detail that I requested, the bids were all lower than the others I had collected independently and the subcontractors lived up to their promises. I hoped the house would be finished before the end of October, but the whole thing was done in under five weeks!

Category carpet installation,ceramic tile,closet systems,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,heating & air conditioning/hvac,home inspection,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,replacement windows,home remodeling,interior painters

09/28/2012

Kathleen D.

My Realtor found DCHI for me and I wanted an inspection of a "fixer upper" house in a good neighborhood that I hoped to buy and renovate as a rental property with an auxiliary space for my own use. This initial experience let to a longer "partnership" with Levi. When I first saw him I was slightly taken aback because he has tattoos, but his kind face, politeness and gentle demeanor immediately put me at ease. He discovered that the house would need a structural inspection and in case I still wanted to purchase it, he photographed all the problem areas (including the roof and attic) to provide visual proof to the bank that owned the foreclosure so I could get the price further reduced. He was straightforward telling me what I didn't want to hear! In the end, I decided not to purchase that property. Since I live far away and the expense of inspecting everything could potentially run high, Levi volunteered to accompany my Realtor to pre-screen several properties that I had seen online. He found one that he thought would fit me perfectly and was sound and I ended up purchasing it. There's more to the story in another review.

Description of Work
An inspection of a home I was hoping to buy

Category home inspection,real estate appraisal