B Carlson Heating Air Conditioning & Plumbing

Founded 1971 • With Angi since July 2006

8625 Paseo Alameda

Albuquerque, NM 87113

Since 1971, locally owned B. Carlson Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing has built its reputation on honesty, quality workmanship, cleanliness, and communication. Our technicians are trained on the importance of keeping their work area clean and organized, and to clean up when our work is done. We use drop cloths and our technicians wear bootie covers to protect your property. We call to confirm appointments and call when we are on our way. We even distribute satisfaction surveys to ensure your 100% satisfaction after our work is complete! We service and repair most brands of HVAC and Plumbing products our uniformed technicians are NATE certified and factory trained. Our trucks are fully stocked with a variety of parts to take care of most repairs. Cost is determined by job, and we quote all prices up-front so you are always in control, leaving no surprises at the end of the job. Travel charges may apply for outside of city limits. We have won numerous awards including #1 in customer satisfaction and #1 in sales from many manufacturers we represent. We are the recipient of Angies List Super Service Award and hold an A+ rating with the BBB. In addition to Angies List reviews, you can view many more 5-star reviews on our website www.bcarlson.com. We offer and represent a variety of brands of HVAC and Plumbing products including Coleman, Trane, Bryant, Bradford White water heaters, Rinnai tankless water heaters, Weil-McLain boilers, Breezair, Mastercool and Champion evaporative coolers, Water Tech water treatment and filtration, Williams heaters, Kohler and Moen plumbing fixtures and many others. Emergency Service available 24/7 to serve you. Please call (505) 349-4949 for immediate response. Check out our monthly specials below!...

04/24/2021

Mario P.

Tony Rodriguez from B. Carlson did an excellent job of coming up with a permanent solution to a recurring problem. We had a different company work on this last year and it didn’t last, the pipe froze over the winter and the galvanized steel used rusted in just one year. Tony redid the connections using Plex-tubing and adding a drain valve to avoid the hose bib freezing over the Winter. In addition the work is guaranteed for a year which gives us a sense of relief.

Description of Work
Hose bib rebuild and connection to irrigation system

02/28/2021

Jim H.

After researching for local Rinnai installers on the Rinnai website and checking references on Angie's List we decided to call B. Carlson to have a timer installed. The lady that took our call was delightful and scheduled a tech to come out and examine our system to see what was needed. We provided model number information so the tech would know beforehand what model we had and we assumed he would bring the appropriate timer. On the day of our appointment the tech called and asked if he could come earlier as he was in the area. Once he arrived, he looked at our system and noticed some staining on the drain tube and proceeded to tell us we may have a heat exchanger that was rusting and after telling us about the poor reliability of Rinnai water heaters in general recommended we consider replacing it with a Navien. We never got around to discussing our original request to have a timer installed. After paying a dispatch fee, the tech left with the promise to follow up with a quote for a new system. My wife and I then did some quick research and found absolutely no information indicating that Rinnai had reliability problems and Navien was a better system. If anything, they were about equal. We then called the company and said we did not need an estimate for a new water heater but we still wanted a timer installed and wanted to have the water heater serviced. A new service call was scheduled for the following week. On the day we were scheduled, we got a call from the company saying they had another tech available that could come out earlier than our scheduled appointment which we agreed to. This tech had no idea about the timer or had any parts. He was very nice but seemed to not know what was needed. I showed him in the installation manual our builder left what the timer looked like and what the model number was. He could not tell me what the cost was to service the unit either. He said he would have the company provide a quote for the timer and also for service. We received the quote a couple of days later. It was exorbitant and we decided to not proceed with the quote. In general, all the people we delt with on the phone or in person were very nice and professional. With that said, we were not happy that a company that sells and installs Rinnai seemed to have no idea what to do. The first tech just wanted to sell us a new $4,000 plus system and the second one wasn't prepared to do anything based on our original work request. For an A rated company, we were very disappointed on their execution. I should also note, the second tech looked at the staining on the drip tube and didn't think it was a problem. Given our experience, we will not call this company in the future for any plumbing, heating or A/C. We were hoping to find a reputable company to deal with but B. Carlson won't be that company.

Description of Work
Requested a timer control be installed on our Rinnai tankless water heater.

Category water heater repair

12/29/2020

Ingrid N.

I received excellent service: technician called to let me know he was on his way; politely explained what tasks would be covered; changed filter; checked all the vents; educated me on carbon monoxide; surveyed thermostat; friendly and had his mask on the whole time!

Description of Work
Maintenance on heater/cooling system

11/16/2020

Nora T.

The technicians were Tony and Nolan. Their work was excellent. Both gentlemen were very professional and knowledgeable. They worked quickly but took the time needed to make sure everything worked correctly. We will continue to use B Carlson.

Description of Work
Valves and gauges replaced on our boiler and two new manifolds for our radiant heat.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you kindly for your review and business! We will be sure that Tony and Nolan get the recognition they have earned. Byron Carlson

06/04/2020

Victoria M.

We, Brian and Vicky needed a new A/C Furnace combo. We checked out several places and finally choose B Carlson HEATING COOLING PLUMBING, in Albuquerque NM. As it turn out it was one of our best decisions. First, Charles (a Comfort Specialist), was very knowledgeable on the different systems, he was very patient and helpful on making sure we got what was best suited for our needs. Secondly, Alex (Lead Installer), took out the old and installed the new package system. He, as the other people who needed to get on the roof were extremely careful and mindful of our extensive solar panels on the roof. Third, the very next day Armando (Certified Electrical Tech), came out the next day to ensure the Furnace with the A/C and Special Thermostat were all properly “talking to each other” as well as he set-up all three to again to ours needs. Fourth, the staff, including management, was always ready willing and able to give the extra help the few times the need arose. All the people we dealt with at B Carlson were very professional and respectful. We will recommend to anyone to check out and use B Carlson for their Heating Cooling and Plumbing needs. We will be long time customers of B Carlson. We were not asked to put our experience(s) and recommendation of B Carlson, we in fact asked them if we could do what we have now done. Finally, we want to give a shout out for Jeremy and Maureen!

Description of Work
New combo High end and efficient A/C and Gas Furnace with upgraded Thermostat

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

We hope you are enjoying your new comfort System! Thank you for your kind review, and please do not hesitate to call us for your heating, cooling and plumbing needs. Byron Carlson

11/15/2019

Hoo W.

Many Appreciation to excellent people of company, B. Carlson. In the very cold morning of October 31, 2019, my gas heating furnace suddenly stopped working. I called B. Carlson, the company immediately dispatched Mr. Mario Martinez to my home. He quickly fixed the heating. Considering my AC/heating units was 15 years old, I believe that I should get a new AC/heating unit. Mr. Mario Martinez gave me a detail explanation of the new AC/heating gumbo unit, and the advantages and benefits of this new AC/Heating unit. Also, he helped me to join the PNM Home Energy Checkup program, and fill out the rebate form. His knowledge, kindness, good technique, and patience are very impressive. As a customer. I strongly recommend B Carlson to anybody if you need help in AC or Heating.

Description of Work
AC/Heating Unit Installation

04/08/2019

KC C.

The technician that performed all this work did a high quality, professional and thorough job. He was timely and kept me updated on the work. Our hot water heater was still under warranty when it failed, luckily. I like the fact that B Carlson has their work inspected by the city. With that I can be sure the work done is up to code and I don't have an insurance issue down the road because something wasn't up to code. I'm glad we used B Carlson for this work and will use them again.

Description of Work
We had our leaking hot water heater replaced, two master bathroom sinks and our main water valve that's located inside our garage, inside the wall.

Category plumbing,water heater repair

Thank you for taking time to write us a positive review. There is nothing more gratifying in business than to hear from satisfied customers. We appreciate your support and the opportunity to serve you.

08/15/2018

KC C.

After I contacted Carlson of the issue I found with my air conditioners they were very responsive to making things right. It went very good. The tech had a good work plan for the corrections but along the way also ran into some unforeseen issues. He was very mechanically inclined and again came up with a game plan to fix the issue. They laid down tarps on my new TPO roofing and performed the work in a clean and professional way. I'll be using the Carlson Annual Service Agreement so they can keep my heating and air conditioning units running well.

Description of Work
Carlson had to remove my 2 air conditioners they had earlier installed incorrectly and make the necessary corrections.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you Mr [Member Name Removed] for your kind words. We appreciate your bringing the matter to our attention, and your patience with correcting what should have been done right the first time. Although we are first to say we are human, and therefore are susceptible to mistakes, we always stand behind our work. We don't just fix the problem and move on to the next job; we use the mistake as a training opportunity internally to prevent the same mistake from happening again. Thank you for your continued faith in our company. We look forward to maintaining your systems for years to come. Sincerely, Byron Carlson President

08/01/2018

Travis R.

After my AC unit failed on me I contacted B Carlson since I had worked with them before back in 2005 after my furnace blower motor needed to be replaced. I worked with Mario from B Carlson and we came up with a time for one of his install teams (Alex and Alejandro) to come to my house and install a new AC unit. The team showed up when I was told that they would, and they were very professional during the time that they were here. Was very impressed in how they cleaned up the area and took away the discarded items as well!

Description of Work
Install a new refrigerated air unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking time to give us a positive review. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. We look forward to many years of serving you. Thank you for your business!

07/25/2018

Carmen R.

He was fair and was not trying to do more repairs than needed. Also, as a woman, I feel taken advantage of by some service companies. I did not feel like I was being talked into something I did not need or want. They provide after hours services and I also signed up for a service plan, that was reasonable.

Description of Work
Air conditioning repair on Rheem unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed]- thank you for your kind review! We are happy to have you as a new customer, and look forward to serving your HVAC and plumbing needs for many years to come. Thank you for your business, and if you need anything down the road, please do not hesitate to let us know. Sincerely, Byron Carlson President

06/19/2018

Honor H.

Would give 10 stars on every count if I could - professional, friendly, awesome! B Carlson did a new installation for me and removed the old package unit on my rooftop. I wanted the new 2 stage technology and I wanted something quiet - as my old was noisy and a one-stage blaster. The sales rep, Mario and the installation tech, David, both took extra time with me to help me understand my option and decide which brand and which unit of that brand to get. If you are looking for a new or replacement HVAC system, I suggest you always go with a company that is not married to just one brand. Mario took time with me to understand my needs and went out of his way to explain the various options and to find a reasonably priced AND properly sized unit. Mario actually did a full load capacity calculation without my having to request one - other sales people did not even bother and this is an important calculation. You can't just go by sq footage or buy what was previously installed and the people at B Carlson know this. I went with the Bryant brand (which is made by Carrier but without the label, hence saving a few hundred dollars right there). I had a million questions and both Mario and David went out of their way to answer them. I found everyone, including Paula in the office, to be very knowledgeable, courteous, professional and just plain awesome to work with. I saved money (they were the best quote I received for the level of service they provide). I am EXTREMELY happy with my new quiet, efficient system. ...Oh, and they provided me with the paperwork needed for the PNM rebate along with schedule of the city inspection. Like I said, very professional and thorough.

Description of Work
Replacement of AC/Heat rooftop package unit.

05/24/2018

Moses W.

B. Carlson is not one of the big guys in the ABQ area, but they should be. Outstanding service by a top-notch company. I was a little put off when the office wasn’t able to answer simple questions, but just as they said, Alex gave me a call right away. Alex was extremely knowledgeable in the BreezeAire brand. Alex truly sold me on the product. Alex treated me like a friend — not just a customer, a skill missing in this industry. Alex made me feel as though he wanted MY business personally, and not just a job. Alex and Alejandro were perfect professionals removing the old and installing the new swamp cooler.. As I watched their handiwork, pride in their workmanship shone through. Alex and Alejandro were glad that I took interest in their work and they both showed they knew their job. B. Carlson is the name on my lips when it comes to heating and cooling.

Description of Work
Install new swamp cooler.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are always looking to improve and we will certainly work on our office staff being able to ask questions. We are pleased to hear that Alex was able to answer all of your questions to your satisfaction and that you were happy with him and Alejandro. We look forward to many more years of serving you. Andrea Navarrete Chief Operations Officer

03/10/2018

Elizabeth T.

Pete Bustos came and went over everything - thermostat and heating unit. he was efficient, explained everything he was doing. Any technicians who have been sent to work on the heating unit have been polite and very thorough. We have been using BCarlson since we moved to Albuquerque and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I called regarding an odd noise coming from the thermostat

02/23/2018

Deborah R.

Excellent service from Proposal through demo and Installation: Mario Martinez for a well priced, system including a new package unit, and 3 mini splits to address multiple heat/cool issues. His listening and analysis of the load required, and ability to combine options at a good price exceeded expectations. He accompanied me to see the minisplits at the supply co. And was responsive to myriad questions. Installation by Alex and Chris was equally excellent. Explaining every step of the process, and the operational details of each unit and tstat, Alex and Chris delivered with timeliness, answered many questions and with experienced skills completed each task required. They coordinated with Electricians, Crane operator, and Suppliers. Paula in the office, completed warranty paperwork and assisted with PNM rebates. Professionals doing professional work. I recommend B. Carlson and this crew very highly. 5 GOLD STARS!

Description of Work
Replace old package unit and add Mini Splits to 3 rooms

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

Thank you for the great review. It is so nice to hear from happy customers such as yourself. Your appreciation and mine will be passed along to Mario, Alex, Chris and Paula. Thank you for your business! Sincerely Cheryl Whitlock Sales Manager

01/05/2018

Pamela S D.

Professional, friendly, knowledgeable. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Residential & Commercial HVAC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a positive review, there is no greater compliment than this. We appreciate your business and look forward to many more years of serving you. Andrea Navarrete Chief Operations Officer

12/10/2017

Keith C.

I love my new Furnace & AC system, and the whole house air filter and whole house humidifier B Carlson installed. Jeremy was extremely knowledgeable and helpful during the planning stages and David and his team were careful throughout the installation process and cut no corners. The equipment was expertly and cleanly installed, is working great, and looks great. Paula was very helpful as well. I appreciate everyone's assistance and support.

Description of Work
Replaced old Furnace and AC units with new, and installed whole house humidifier and whole house air filter

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the great review. It is so nice to hear from happy customers such as yourself. Your appreciation and mine will be passed along to Jeremy, David and his team, and Paula. Thank you for your business! Cheryl Whitlock Sales Manager

12/05/2017

Mike D.

I did extensive research and had several estimates done before deciding to go with B Carlson for the replacement of my 14 year old HVAC unit. Estimator Mario was thorough and professional, not too pushy but keeping in touch as I looked for the right company to purchase from. Price, warranty and reviews were what made my decision. The installation by Alex and Eddy was a great experience. They had my old furnace, air conditioning and water heater removed the first day as well as getting the new furnace and water heater installed so I didn’t have to go a night without heat or hot water. They were thorough, professional and explained the process and operation of the new equipment. I would highly recommend B Carlson if you’re looking to replace heating, cooling or water heater.

Description of Work
New HVAC purchase and installation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,water heater repair

Thank you for the positive review. There is nothing more satisfying than to here from happy customers such as yourself. I will give my thanks to Mario, Alex and Eddy along with yours. Thank you for your business! Cheryl Whitlock Sales Manager

11/03/2017

Peter D.

We highly recommend B. Carlson for your HVAC and plumbing needs...Peter

Description of Work
We replaced our furnace and converted from a swamp cooler to refrigerated air about 10 years ago and B. Carlson did a super job on the installation. We have had an annual service agreement for the A/C and furnace since then and could not be happier with the service that we have received. We have also used B. Carlson for a new water heater and for some plumbing work over the years. The techs are always on-time, courteous and knowledgeable. Kirk Neel did the service work on our furnace today and did a great job! We highly recommend B. Carlson for your HVAC and plumbing needs...Peter

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to write us a positive review, we truly appreciate your business! Andrea Navarrete Chief Operations Officer

10/15/2017

Mary C T.

He did an excellent job and he was very professional. He’s swerved all question. And wasn’t hurried

Description of Work
Had a leak in a low flow toilet, Carlson’s had to order the right flapper. When it came in they installed it. They also cleaned a clog out of bathroom sink

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

Thank you for taking time to compliment [Member Name Removed]. We will be sure that your appreciation as well as ours is passed along to him. You have been a customer of ours since 2003 and we sincerely appreciate your business. Thank you again, Andrea Navarrete Chief Operations Officer

08/21/2017

Robert C.

Nice and clean and working properly again. GREAT group of techs.. and a GREAT company!

Description of Work
Cleaning the blower system: During a yearly service Daniel advised of a dirty blower fan and suggested cleaning. I made the appointment and Benjamin came to do the service. As always, the techs are extremely knowledgeable and friendly and do a GREAT job. B, Carlson installed our system years ago and we have it serviced by them twice a year. Have never had a problem in between service appointments because the techs always inform us of a pending problem. We take their suggestions and get it fixed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your positive review! It is so nice to hear from satisfied customers such as yourself. Daniel and Benjamin were recognized in our training meeting today for you positive feedback and they greatly appreciated it as well. We thank you so much for your business and look forward to many more years of serving you! Andrea Navarrete Chief Operations Officer

08/18/2017

TRACI C.

Their service is great. I had no issues with anything that they did. Their prices were pretty decent, they were one of the only dealers that had this type of cooler. Yes I would use them again.

Description of Work
They installed an evaporative cooler.

Category plumbing

08/08/2017

KC C.

The crew were very friendly and they completed the work timely. However I have to state that when the city inspector came he found a loose gas compression fitting on one of the air conditioners/heater units.

Description of Work
We had two air conditioners/heater units replaced. The estimator was very knowledgeable and even helped us learn about rebates from our utility co.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello, Thank you for the positive review. Your opinion is very important to us. I apologize for the loose gas compression. I will call you today to get the loose gas compression corrected. Thank you for your business! Cheryl Whitlock Sales Manager B Carlson

07/18/2017

Mark P.

We very, well. We had a configuration issue with the new thermostat and the after hours and next day response solved the issue with minimal interruption. Great follow up.

Description of Work
Thermostat replacement on AC unit.

07/14/2017

Thomas S.

So far not well. One cooler vibrated so much it made the pictures on the wall chatter. This may or may not be corrected. The unit has not run this year because I have been waiting for them to raise the unit so that the solenoid valve can be properly installed. Both units were installed in a manner that makes removal and replacement of the solenoid valves difficult on one and impossible on the other. When looking at the photographs one should note that the solenoid in the black cover must be able to be unscrewed and move down by an inch minimum, preferably more, so that one does not cross thread the fittings. Anyone who is considering a Breezair unit should insist that six inches of vertical drop be provided at the exhaust before any bends so that access is convenient for maintenance. Another experience I had was when B. Carlson removed the old Master Cool units and put on the new Breezairs. They did not use a crane. The result was many broken tiles on my recently refurbished roof. I recommend that one insist that they, or any other contractor, use an overhead crane so that one's roof is not damaged. Another observation, admittedly only cosmetic: Why select a hose for the drain line that is fire engine red?! This is not a high pressure hose. Why not use white or black or gray, something less attention grabbing. *UPDATE- 8/21/17* After B Carlson saw my review, they contacted me to make it right. They got right on it and fixed it! Now everything is copacetic.

Description of Work
I had two Breezair evaporative coolers installed.

06/20/2017

Dana K.

Service performed on the system. In addition we purchased the maintenance agreement, which saved money in the long run. Includes service twice a year and a pluming inspection as well. Very pleased, Sean was professional and informative.

Description of Work
Refrigerated air - Capacitor went out and was replaced.

Davis The Plumber

In 1962, a man by the name of Mace Davis decided to go into business for himself as a residential service plumber. Basing his business on hard work and quality customer service Mace quickly established a loyal customer base. Everyone knew they could trust "Davis the Plumber" to do an excellent job. As the years went by the demand grew for good, honest plumbing services - so much so that Mace knew he couldn't do all the work by himself. It was time for a full staff. Davis the Plumber, now a household name, moved into the office at 6110 Menaul NE. As the company grew, more technicians were added to meet the growing demand. Mace even decided to extend his tradition of hard work and customer service into the heating and air conditioning field. By the mid 90's Davis the Plumber had 13+ technicians and 3 office staffers to keep up with them - all holding Mace's original goal of providing excellent customer service through honest hard work. Today the company is in a new location and has a new manager, but Mace's original ideal still lives on through each of the services we offer. Come try us out and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the experience. Whether it's residential plumbing, heating, or cooling, I guarantee you'll receive excellent service through good ol' fashioned, honest hard work.

Advanced American Construction Inc.

Email george.chrzanowski@gmail.com for more info! We are a full service contractor, have been in business for 25 years, and are GB/98 licensed. Our primary services include Roofing, Concrete, and Stucco, but can provide all services for your Remodeling Project. No down payment required to start a project. Regardless the size of the job, the minimum charge is $650 for travel and set-up (travel fee does not apply to local customers and only for those that live more than 60 miles out). A one time offer of 10% off at Lowes will be extended for talking to George about your real estate needs. For quickest results, please email: george.chrzanowski@gmail.com.

Offers by Advanced American Construction Inc. on Angi
    HOOVER'S AIR DUCT CLEANING

Since 1992 Hoover's Air Duct Cleaning Inc. Please visit us at www.cleanairduct.com or call (505) 269-1176 Thank You

New Mexico
    Construction Industries
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

FREE ESTIMATES ON EQUIPMENT UPGRADES AND REPLACEMENTS! We service and repair most brands of HVAC and Plumbing products. Our services include 17-point HVAC system seasonal tune-ups, high efficiency equipment replacements and upgrades, plumbing, water leaks, water conditioning, drain cleaning, garbage disposals, faucets, toilets, water heaters, duct cleaning, new duct system installation & repair.

Sorry, we do not work on mobile homes.