ABQ Retractable Awnings & Handyman Services

Founded 2009 • With Angi since May 2015

With 23+ years experience ABQ Retractable Awnings & Handyman Services Specialize in Sunsetter awning in home sales & installation. We also do most handyman services Including minor electrical, ceiling fans, electrical outlets, doors, drywall paint, tile, bath Surrounds, deck repair ,doggy doors,

2022 Super Service Award

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Retractable awning installations

awnings

202185224
Installation of Sun Setter Awning, Home Depot
View project

handyman (28)home remodeling (5)plumbers (5)drywall (5)awnings (5)tile installation (4)door installation (3)interior painting (3)water damage restoration (2)bathtub refinishing (7)insulation (3)

02/04/2022

paula M.

I cannot say enough good words forJoe. He is a lifesaver. I have been managing a rental house in abq while I live in another state. My rental house needed interior repainting and other work. He was responsive, attentive, honest and reasonable. It was a pleasure working with him. I am relieved to have someone I can call for other work in the future. I am confident he will get the job done right.....

Description of Work
interior repainting of rental house, lock replacement and plumbing

Category handyman service, plumbing, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/18/2022

01/11/2022

Linda G.

They were very professional, they were easy to work with. They listened to my needs and worked hard to complete the job. I'm happy with their work

Description of Work
They put overhead storage and shelves up in my garage. They put up 2 tool racks & kitchen blinds. They put up a laundry bar as well

Work Completed On 01/08/2022

11/12/2021

Laura C.

Joseph is an excellent handy man. I will ask for him again for any repair. I have recommended him to my neighbors. He is professional, timely, courteous, and talented.

Description of Work
Install mailbox and paint shed

Category awnings, handyman service

Work Completed On 11/11/2021

10/06/2021

Roy G.

The day he showed up for the job is September 10 he was supposed to come to work 6hrs shift, he showed up with all the things that he needed to get done for remodeling and he said that everything is going to be done. When the day he needs to do the job he came with another man then he left, he didn't do any work for us and he asked for a good review from us and I got disappointed. He didn't keep his word stated that he can do and capable, then he decided not to do the job.

Description of Work
Punch list to complete remodel job.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 10/06/2021

I went and looked at this estimate and was not comfortable with the gentleman that’s why I did not take on the job. There’s no reason for him to leave at one because I never scheduled I did offer him a contractor in Los Lunas that would’ve been more convenient for [Member Name Removed]

10/06/2021

Guillermo M.

The overall experience was great. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replace Flooring and Mounted TVs

Category handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 09/20/2021

08/12/2021

Gilbert T.

Joseph and company did really great work. Took a couple of days to complete. Now we have a shaded area in the backyard to enjoy mornings, afternoons, and evenings. Very professional, courteous, friendly and HONEST. Thank you gentlemen. I recommend highly.

Description of Work
We bought a patio cover kit and needed it installed.

Work Completed On 08/12/2021

07/30/2021

Ellen P.

It was great. When we made our appointment we thought we had a big problem. Fortunately for us, when Joseph arrived he delivered a quick and easy solution.

Description of Work
Tile work

Work Completed On 07/30/2021

07/14/2021

KAren N.

He did a great job! I have asked him to return for more jobs I need done also. I want to buy an awning for my patio too!! I would highly recommend him!

Description of Work
doggie door install

Category drywall, handyman service, insulation, doors

Work Completed On 07/14/2021

Review for ABQ Retractable Awnings & Handyman Services - 3301 Monroe St NE, Albuquerque, NM - 39403406

05/21/2021

Russ B.

It went good and excellent . He contacted me on Saturday and he went on Sunday

Description of Work
He adjusted awing

Work Completed On 05/16/2021

05/19/2021

jeanette B.

Total Handyman Solutions promptly answered the phone and all questions, helped me order an awning to match an existing awning, did all of the electrical work, and helped us get a beautiful awning before the summer heat.

Description of Work
Order and install an awning.

Work Completed On 05/05/2021

02/01/2021

Jim R.

Work was done in an efficient and excellent manner. Cost was very reasonable. Would recommend two others.

Description of Work
Remove awning off building

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 02/01/2021

11/24/2020

Sharon S.

The shade structure to be taken down was 21' x 19' (400sf) Alumawood, move it to my yard and reassemble it. A tough and time consuming assignment -- I had a hard time finding anyone who would even take the job. Joseph signed up to do the work. There were several glitches along the way -- Murphy's Law type of things that no one can predict! Joseph always found a solution, kept me informed of what was going on and how he was going to handle it. He is honest, punctual, and a hard worker. I am very pleased with the final results and give my highest recommendations for Total Handyman Solutions!

Description of Work
Take down, move and reassemble a shade ramada

Category awnings, handyman service

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

09/24/2020

Teri J.

The repair job turned out to be more complicated than expected, but Joe got it done right and I was very happy with his work. He was great at communicating and keeping me informed.

Description of Work
Floor tile repair

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 09/24/2020

10/31/2019

Michael H.

Total Handyman Soutions is an outstanding handyman!!! I needed to get some lightbulbs changed in a ceiling fan that was about 15 foot high and I don't have a ladder tall enough to do the job. He went to Home Depot, rented a ladder tall enough to reach the ceiling fan and changed them very quickly. He was extremely nice, professional and even cleaned the ceiling fan while he was up there. It would have cost me way more to buy a ladder than he charged me to change the light bulbs including the ladder rental in his charge. He is the only handyman I would use because of his honesty and customer service.

Description of Work
Had to change light bulbs in a ceiling fan 15 feet high

Work Completed On 10/31/2019

04/15/2019

Sandra O.

It was a quick handyman service, he did a top notch job, he's great and he did the service fast.

Description of Work
They did a handyman fix up, he came in and fix rotten wood.

Work Completed On 04/13/2019

03/29/2019

Charles A.

It was very good! They came out and the job was done. It was a good experience, Clean after themselves, They pick out the trash, Explained how it worked and they know what they are doing. They seem very proficient on what they are doing.

Description of Work
Install a retractable owning.

Work Completed On 03/29/2019

03/04/2019

Nanette A.

The process was great, it didn’t take much time at all to complete. He had to remove and re-install a toilet then re-paint the whole bathroom install new flooring and baseboard trim, also I needed a new garbage disposal and kitchen sink faucet he replaced those for me at the time of the bathroom remodel. Joe has done several jobs for me in the past and has always done excellent work. Joe is a handyman gem! And his pricing is fair, what I really love is the attention to detail he has, and that shows in his finish work. I will be calling Total Handyman Solutions back again to do my floors and bathroom upstairs. Coast for small bathroom was $300.00 and the garage disposal and faucet was $275.00

Description of Work
Small Bathroom remodel

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 02/25/2019

Review for ABQ Retractable Awnings & Handyman Services - 3301 Monroe St NE, Albuquerque, NM - 37743964

11/08/2018

Carmen P.

Initially went ok I think. Total Handyman Solutions (THS) did not complete the job but was paid in full (my mistake I now know) prior to completion including supplies with the understanding that THS would return to complete the job when the tub install was completed. THS took all purchased supplies with him instead of leaving them on premises. THS showed me the home depot receipt but did not provide a copy with his invoice. Very rude response from THS when I asked him to return the supplies since they were purchased and paid for by me These supplies could have been used by the contractors who were installing the tub as they had to make cuts in the drywall. Also because of THS's negative attitude, the job he was supposed to complete after the tub install was actually completed by the contractors who installed the tub. I also understand that for what was done by and what was to be done by THS, I was way overcharged. Because I paid in full, I requested a refund which THS refused to do. THS was told not to return to or come near my residence again.

Description of Work
Partial removal of wall; relocate wall switch; drywall work, patching and painting prior to installation of walk in tub.

Category drywall, handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/17/2018

08/05/2018

MARTHA S.

This is our second time to use Total Handyman Solutions, and we were just as pleased as last time. The work was done quickly, carefully, and reasonably. We will absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
Recaulk windows, repair handle/lock

Work Completed On 08/05/2018

08/02/2018

Caroline C.

He showed up on time, was very courteous, explained everything that was going to be done and got the job done. He absolutely saved our elderly parents because they can’t function without the grab bar or toilet seat assist. He gave us time to clean up the toilet after removal of the toilet seat and the assist bar device. So grateful for his work and patience. He really cares about his work.

Description of Work
Needed to have toilet seat assist bars sawed off (galvanized screws were rusted in place) and New assist bars & toilet seat replaced. Also placed grab bar.

05/20/2018

Nela D.

The owner and his helper came to install the shower doors and after 7 hours of work he calls me to tell me he failed and that the manufacture (delta) sent the wrong attachments and pieces for the installation. Half way through the installation (they just installed the tracks for the doors) they realized there is no way to secure the side bars because the wall was too narrow and they had to add a 2X2 wood block to screw it in. I said I need to discuss with my husband if it's okay to drill wholes into the brand new tiled shower to put that block up there and the owner said he wants to get paid for the work they did so far. Although they did less than half of the job. I said I will not pay them until the job is done. He was rude, arrogant and changing the price on the day of the installation adding $100 to the price. They walked with their shoe on the carpet not using anything to cover the floors. My husband came home and spent 1 hour and figure out what they have done. They put the track upside down, cut the track too small and put the handles on the doors backwards. There was the right pieces they just didn't do it right. The owner offered to ask the manufacture to send another track and to get paid half of the price for the job instead of full price. Now I have an unfinished and non functionable shower with a wood block that I will have to tile over. He was keep mentioning how good he is, that's why he has so many good reviews on Angie's list and although I never leave reviews I wanted to makes sure people will read this one and not go through what I did.

Description of Work
install shower doors

Category handyman service, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 05/20/2018

Review for ABQ Retractable Awnings & Handyman Services - 3301 Monroe St NE, Albuquerque, NM - 37083838

These people are Angies List predators that’s my response

02/19/2018

Jennifer L.

Very well! He answered his phone after business hours and came the morning the following day. Issue addressed first day and the remaining work completed (drying of sealer required before work could be finished). I was pleased with the job he did and the price I paid. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Bathroom exhaust pipe had condensation that dripped onto ceiling of bathroom from space in between roof and drywall of ceiling. This caused bulging drywall and wet insulation. Handyman was called Thursday evening and he came Friday. He removed wet insulation, cut out all damaged drywall, sealed exhaust vent, replaced insulation and drywall, and applied mud to drywall. His estimate and work were very fairly priced, and the work he did was very good. He cleaned up after himself too.

Work Completed On 02/19/2018