Acorn Home Improvements Inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since February 2008

We are local, family owned home improvement company specializing in wood and vinyl replacement windows, vinyl siding, roofing and blown-in cellulose insulation. We are fully licensed and insured. We offer free in home consultations and estimates, with the use of thermal-imaging technology. We have been serving the community for 30 years, with a reputation of delivery high quality products at a great value. Additional email: Info@AcornHomeImprovements.com....

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

GAF Preferred Contractor Badge

+10 more images

insulation (112)window replacement (26)siding companies (22)roofing (19)home energy audit (7)door installation (3)

06/17/2022

Adam G.

Acorn, John and the whole team were fantastic from the estimate to the installation and cleanup. Professional, upbeat, friendly and outgoing. The house is already cooler and we are considering Acorn for additional work in the fall.

Description of Work
Attic Insulation

Work Completed On 06/17/2022

Review for Acorn Home Improvements Inc - 622 Rte 10, Whippany, NJ - 39770362

08/26/2021

Anders R.

Acorn did a fantastic job of explaining the options with features and benefits that made my decision easy! They thoroughly evaluated the old roof and offered 3 different options. They were very punctual and returned all my emails and phone calls immediately. Very happy customer.

Description of Work
Replaced roofing

Work Completed On 07/31/2021

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us. It was pleasure working with you and may you enjoy your new roof.

03/01/2021

Joel P.

Acorn did a great job insulating my home. John explained the entire process and highlighted all the areas of focus. The crew arrived when they said and were very thorough and respectful. There was alot of dust, which was expected and his team covered as much as they could to help with the clean up. It's been over a week now and I have been monitoring heat usage thru Nest. There is a clear difference in the number of hours a day the furnace is on. I highly recommend John and the Acorn team for insulation work.

Description of Work
Insulate Home

Work Completed On 02/17/2021

Review for Acorn Home Improvements Inc - 622 Rte 10, Whippany, NJ - 39220072

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, [Member Name Removed]! We're so thrilled to hear that you're satisfied with the project and that you've been able to track and notice an improvement after the work was performed!

08/17/2020

Dennis H.

Acorn offered a professional and friendly survey, answering all of my questions and giving me their clear strategy to solve my problem. They came and left in one day, as planned. My AC turns off more often now, rather than having to stay on all day. I suspect this is due to my attic now being better insulated.

Description of Work
attic insulation

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

Thank you for the kind review, [Member Name Removed]! We're glad to hear you're satisfied with the work that was performed and that there has been a noticeable difference for you!

08/05/2020

Paul N.

Estimator very nosy. Wanting to go all over the house into every room.

Description of Work
Attic Insulation

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

07/11/2020

Gregory J.

Timely arrival, professional insulation.

Description of Work
insulate crawl space to prevent kitchen pipe freeze

Category insulation, doors

Work Completed On 07/11/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience and may you enjoy your more energy efficient home.

07/01/2020

Ray B.

We couldn’t be happier with the service from Acorn! Quality work focused on energy improvements that have the best return on investment. The crew was professional, clean and worked quickly. Most impressively, we had an unexpected issue with a bathroom sewer leak that required us to gut the bathroom long after they’d finished up - Acorn came back and reinsulated the ceiling at no charge! Amazing service!

Description of Work
Attic insulation

Category insulation, energy audit

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to share the results of your energy efficient home and experience with our team. It was a pleasure working with you.

02/21/2020

eddie D.

The team was great and were even able to move our scheduled appointment up. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Insulation

Work Completed On 02/20/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the Great Review! We're pleased to know that you enjoyed your experience with your project. If you ever need any of our other services (Roofing, Siding or Window Installation) please let us know-

02/05/2020

Ashley K.

I have two young babies (2.5 years and 6 months old). Acorn Home Improvements removed old windows and installed new windows. They were responsive via email and phone, incredibly professional, punctual, they moved the furniture, installed the windows and cleaned up! I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who is looking for quality, professional service for an amazing price!

Description of Work
removal of old windows and installation of new windows

Category insulation, replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/23/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], We're very pleased that you are enjoying your window installation! Please keep in mind for any of your future projects of Insulation, Vinyl Siding & Roofing! FYI: Your kids are sooooo... cute-

10/24/2019

John K.

We went with Acorn because our representative Mike was knowledgeable, thorough and reasonable with the cost of the insulation work. When the work was being done ,the crew was great and made sure the areas were clean once they were complete. I'll be sure to recommend them and use them for any future work.

Description of Work
Insulation

Work Completed On 10/18/2019

Glad you were happy with the work that NW & his crew did for you. Once the weather gets colder, you'll really see the big difference in the comfort level in your home. The air-sealing & insulation work will reduce the negative pressure in the house, making it much less drafty, more comfortable & save you lots of $$$! Looking forward to hearing back from you in a few years when it's time to replace your roof-

10/21/2019

Anna M.

Acorn Home Improvements,Inc. did work on my elderly mother's home. The house needed new windows. The old ones were drafty and were hard to open. In addition to replacing the windows, we decided to have additional insulation installed in the attic. Both crews, one for the windows and the other for the insulation, were professional, polite, on time and did a great job cleaning up after themselves. It was a pleasure to deal with a company that was accommodating and completed the work as agreed upon. Mom and I found their pricing was very reasonable. Since I live out of state, I was not able to be there for the entire process so it's comforting to know that there are companies that are honest and reliable. When the project was completed mom was thrilled with her new windows and how easy they were to open and close. Further more with the proper insulation, mom found that her utility bills have decreased which is an added bonus for someone on a fixed income. Mom and I highly recommend Acorn and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
new windows & insulation

Category insulation, replacement windows, energy audit

Work Completed On 07/18/2019

Thanks for your kind words! It was a pleasure dealing with you & your mom. Glad to hear that she is enjoying the work we did & is saving money on her utility bills.

10/10/2019

Steven M.

Salesperson did not properly explain that cellulose insulation still requires the use of fiberglass insulation, which I had explicitly said I didn't want. Also the cellulose prevents the installation of boards to use the attic as storage, which I was clear that I would be doing. The crew also left small pieces of fiberglass all over my lawn that my 6-month old puppy could get to and get injured from. I suggest finding a better company that properly explains things and cleans up correctly.

Description of Work
Remove and replace attic insulation

Work Completed On 10/07/2019

Sorry to see that after speaking with our rep on site & our office receiving the signed Homeowners Satisfaction Checklist, that you still felt your experience was not a positive one. Upon review of your file, both the Quote submitted to you & the formal Contract, which you signed, both state that some fiberglass would be used around the perimeter of the flooring to prevent cellulose spillage. We have no records from the time of the Quote, to the final walk through inspection that fiberglass was not to be used. Had there been clearer communication on both sides, we are certain alternative options would have been made prior to installation as we try to be as accommodating as possible. Also, the use of the batts to prevent spillage can always be pushed back to increase the storage capacity when it is needed, while maximizing the insulation R-value & energy efficiency until that time. Regarding the clean up, it is important to recognize that insulation projects are construction sites, we do inform homeowners prior to installation to please use caution as there may be areas missed until a final clean up can be performed. According to our records, during the project it was discovered that additional work was required & would extend the project by a day. We understand this may have been an inconvenience & to compensate for that inconvenience, the additional work was performed at no additional charge. While we can confidently attest to the cleanliness on full completion of the job, we do apologize if the additional day of work resulted in dissatisfactory conditions during the actual process. We at Acorn are also pet owners and would never intentionally create a harmful or dangerous situation for pets or parents. It’s very disheartening to hear that you had a negative experience as we rarely have customers who are not satisfied. We thank you for your constructive criticism, but we would like the opportunity to count you among our satisfied customers! Please contact our office so we may discuss your case further!

10/04/2019

stan Y.

job took twice as long to deliver and install....wrong product installed....existing window frames damaged....office staff was too slow to respond

Description of Work
replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/04/2018

09/09/2019

Josh F.

The whole team is great. Mike was very helpful in assessing the problems and recommending the work to be done. Nate and TJ were very good at performing the work - professional and friendly! And Mary is helpful in coordinating everything from the office. Also, the price was very reasonable. Overall, I had a great experience with them.

Description of Work
Insulation Work

Work Completed On 08/26/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience that you had with our team. It is our pleasure, and we are delighted to pass on the comments to the team. May you enjoy your more comfortable and energy efficient home. It was a pleasure to work with you.

01/12/2019

Glenn M.

Mike was very good at explaining the products he had to offer and going over the installation process. The head installer Joe and his assistant Israel were both top notch. They were polite, neat and most importantly to me, very professional. They introduced themselves and then got right to work. At the end of the job, Joe and I looked over the work together and then he refreshed my memory on the operation of the windows (tilting, screen removal). I was very pleased with the quality of their work and the product itself. I would definitely recommend Acorn Home Improvements.

Description of Work
Window replacement on porch.

Work Completed On 01/09/2019

Review for Acorn Home Improvements Inc - 622 Rte 10, Whippany, NJ - 37653761

Thank you for sharing your pictures of your new windows and your experience with us. We will be sure to pass on your experience with our team. It has been a pleasure working with you.

12/24/2018

Kathleen B.

The roofers did an incredible job. There was a lot of rotted boards so the crew chief went out twice to buy more. We decided to remove the 4 skylights in our ceilings. One leaked and really heated the house during the summer, one was in our bedroom (who puts a skylight in a bedroom anyway?). There were two others in our living room and we decided to take those out as well. The roofers took them all out whole. Mary kept us apprised of everything. She is the best!

Description of Work
A new roof.

Thank you for taking the taking the time to share your experience with us. We will be sure to pass on your comments to the team. It has been a pleasure working with you and may you enjoy your dry and more comfortable home.

08/12/2018

Rich R.

Acorn Home Improvement did an excellent job at my home. The siding repairs and window installations were handled very quickly and professionally. The company provided great customer service. I was well informed at every step of the project from the initial quote through the completion of the job. I will use Acorn again for future projects and recommend their work.

Description of Work
Siding Repairs / Basement Window Installations

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 07/30/2018

It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and recommending our services to others. We look forward to working with you on future projects.

07/25/2018

Sharonda C.

Very professional. Job went well. Job was done in November, 2013, I don't remember the exact date. I would definitely recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Received blown-in insulation.

Category insulation, siding

Work Completed On 11/15/2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your past experience and recommending our services to others.

07/21/2018

Scott H.

I've done business with Acorn on several properties of mine over the course of 15+ years and have never been disappointed. Mike & Mary are responsive, knowledgeable, professional, honest and straightforward. It's hard to find a good contractor these days and it's comforting to know I can always count on them when I am in need of one.

Description of Work
Roof, siding, windows

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows, energy audit

Work Completed On 07/21/2018

Thank you for always keeping us in mind for your projects. It has been a pleasure working with you through out the years and we look forward to working with you on any future projects.

06/19/2018

Neil C.

Michael was very professional and answered all our questions during the estimation process, even bringing samples in to show us. Joe and his team were friendly and did an excellent job with the installation, causing minimal disruption and making sure they tidied up after doing each room.

Description of Work
Installation of Andersen replacement windows through the whole house and replacing trim around garage doors.

Work Completed On 06/17/2018

Thank you for sharing your experience from the estimation process to the completion on installation. We are always happy to hear such responses to share with the team. It was our pleasure, and may your enjoy your energy efficient windows.

04/23/2018

Jennifer S.

I am so happy I had the insulation put into my old house. It has made a world of difference. The team spent the entire day filling all of the walls and some of the crawlspace with blown-in insulation. For the work that was performed, it was well worth the price. My house is almost 90 years old, about 1350 sq. ft and originally had no insulation. it cost about $4,000 to insulate the entire house. I would recommend this company to my neighbors.

Description of Work
Insulation

Work Completed On 02/14/2018

Thank you for for taking the time to share your experience and recommending to your neighbors. It was a pleasure working with you and may you enjoy the comfort and your more energy efficient home.

04/20/2018

Amy S.

I was very pleased. I was very picky about the window type that I wanted and Mike was willing to return several times to show me different models. When the various groups of men worked they were very courteous and professional and always answered my questions or concerns. I would certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Insulation, siding and new windows

Category insulation, siding, replacement windows, energy audit

Work Completed On 11/20/2017