Gold Medal Service

Founded 1976 • With Angi since January 2006

20 Booker St

Westwood, NJ 07675

Plumbing, HVAC, and electrical systems make your house livable. One minor issue with any of these systems can put your home at a standstill. In case you find yourself in this unfortunate situation, know that you can count on Gold Medal Service. For over 24 years, our company has been taking care of the homes of New Jersey residents through our top quality plumbing, HVAC, and electrical services. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to address even the most mind-boggling issues of your in-home equipment. From repairs, installations, and upgrades, our technicians are known for getting the job done right every time. We also provide upfront pricing with a full description of the service before commencing work to avoid any surprises down the line....

08/02/2022

gisele B.

They left the work unfinished and never came back. They stood me up for an entire day and then would not reply to my many messages and calls. Spoke to various people. None of them took care of telling me when they would finish the job or why they had stood me up. And I purchased a subscription to this company. GOLD MEDAL HAS HORRIBLE SERVICE . DON'T BUY FROM THEM.

Description of Work
Installing new AC and furnace.

12/31/2020

Jim J.

FINE. Humidifier was not working. Repaired a few days later. System was checked out and everything is working well. HVA is operating at peak efficiency.

Description of Work
HVAC & plumbing & electric

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Great! We're happy to have solved the problem. Thank you for putting your trust in us with your home comfort needs. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

11/01/2020

Eric H.

Let me start by saying I schedule an appointment that started off relatively well but turned out to be a absolute nightmare I was charge $84 for the first service guy who was there for maybe 10 minutes to say that my HVAC system showed no Sign of water damage The very next day I discovered leakage water on the floor called the company back up they sent someone else out this gentleman was so unprofessional spent time on his cell phone discussing his personal business which I decided to videotape and record out of sheer disbelief he said the leakage is because the heating mechanism you need a whole new unit to the tune of $20,000 no surprise upsell I pointed out to him that the top part is leaking he said to me oh I didn’t notice that of course you didn’t because you spent your time on the cell phone all said and done I took pictures he wrote down the model number ventured off to a plumbing supply store called me up and said I found a piece would you like me to come install I said yes but this is both after he told me that it probably take a month to get the part he comes in he spends 15 minutes he cuts the pipe and said that will cost $500 I said the day before I spent $84 for a trip charge can you minus that from this price he said no that’s not how the company works of course it’s still leaking and the problem was not fix I dare call them today because they will charge me an additional $84 for a trip charge and still will not solve my problem this company needs to focus more on the service people that they send out Lorenzo Gonzalez and Igor Gnidash We’re not good service man the first one said he was with the company for 2 years the second one said over 20 years experience 22 years experience and can’t fix one HVAC system and can’t discover We are a league is originating from that alone speaks volumes The photos below is the picture of what was wrong with the HVAC leak it was just a simple seal and they said I needed a whole new system liars and thieves.

Description of Work
A leak in the HVAC system

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

*Update: Mr. [Member Name Removed], the experience you described is certainly not what we expect for our customers. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns; we always here for you.

07/11/2020

Brianna G.

This company completely overcharges and has the worst customer service team. It took me almost two days to get in touch with someone who could answer my question. Why did they charge me $3,400 for a $1,200 job? BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.

Description of Work
Breaker box panel

Category appliance repair

*Update: Ms. [Member Name Removed], we are following up with you to ensure your concerns have been addressed to your satisfaction. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

07/06/2020

Joseph N.

Not well. First tried to sell me a new boiler, then a water softener. I only called for a check valve. He cranked up the heat on the hot water tank to 160˚ and blew the relief valve on the furnace. I spoke with other plumbers and all of them said he did it on purpose to blow the valve and they were never allowed to turn it up past 130˚. When he gave me the estimate of $2500. I had realized he was really pushing that water softener on me because he offered the repairs for free if I got the softener. I bought the parts that needed to be replaced including the valve he blew for less than $300. He wasn't betting on that my son is a plumber. I do not recommend, way over priced to the point of gouging.

Description of Work
Check valve replacement

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

*Update: Mr. [Member Name Removed], we are following up with you to ensure your concerns were addressed to your satisfaction. Please let us know if you have any further questions; we are always here for you.

09/23/2019

Bill B.

The job went well but the pricing was outrageous. A piece of pipe had to be cut out and new put in. The pricing is on a per-job basis so regardless of the time or parts, you pay one price. I thought the work performed and the parts used did not warrant such a high price.

Description of Work
A water pipe came apart in the crawl space

Category plumbing

*Update: Mr. [Member Name Removed], we are following back up with you to ensure your concerns have been addressed to your satisfaction. Please let us know if you have any questions in the future; we are here to help.

07/20/2019

Corinne O.

Great. they were really responsive and professional. It was expensive work but overdue. So far so good.

Description of Work
Fixed thermostat and air flow in Central AC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us, [Member Name Removed].

04/06/2019

Arik L.

Strike one when I sent a detailed email and I get a response to call.Strike two I call and get some random foreign call center. Strike three, the adress does not match the company details. Strike four they don't bother to call me. I'm not chasing after some plumber. THis sounds like a referral business that just collects calls and sends to other plumbers and adds their markup. Inefficient and not cost effective.

Description of Work
Sewer Line replacement

Category plumbing

We are sorry you had this experience this is not how we want to run our business. Our customer concerns supervisor Olivia tried to reach out but unfortunately you were unable to speak at that time. We would be happy to resolve your complaint, please call 800-576-4653 and ask for Olivia. Looking forward to hearing from you.

10/27/2018

Thomas K.

Excellent service from first call to completion of job

Description of Work
Fix a leaking shut off valve on radiator, boiler tune-up, and replace thermocoupler

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your kind words. We love to hear feedback like this from our customers!

08/22/2018

Minjung K.

They did a decent job on replacing toilets in 2 bathrooms but too pricey. One of the toilet flush valve has a problem and I called them since it’s under 1-year warranty. They sent a guy but didn’t resolve the problem.

Description of Work
Removed old toilet and installed new ones

08/06/2018

Mary T.

Pretty well. They had a little trouble with the electrical, associated with this pump. But the pump, while $2500. was much cheaper than repairing the sewer pipe under the house

Description of Work
sewer pump

Category plumbing, wells

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, [Member Name Removed]. We are so grateful to have you as a loyal customer of ours.

08/05/2018

Maura M.

Glen diagnosed why the toilet would not flush. It was a difficult job because of pipes location. He repaired it completely during a heavy rain storm.

Description of Work
Pipe crack Toilet pipe cracked

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

[Member Name Removed], your review has made our day. We are so thrilled to learn of your excellent experience with Glen.

07/23/2018

Kenneth D.

Work was done efficiently & smoothly. plumbers were on time and cleanly. Work was explained thoroughly in advance.

Description of Work
installation of outdoor non-freezing water valves, new toilet commode, new main house valve, safety cutoff laundry water feeds

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us!

07/20/2018

Esther K.

We recently had Mike install whole house water softener and filter system, as well as RO drinking water system in the kitchen. Mike was incredibly patient, responsive, and just overall very helpful over a several-week process of me asking a ton of questions, and then when the day came to do the work he showed up on time, did the job within the time he said he would, and did a great job cleaning up everything when he was done. And he is just a really friendly guy to boot.

Description of Work
Installed water softener and filters

Category plumbing, water softeners

We must agree, Mike, is an amazing technician! Thank you for your business and your vote of confidence!

07/16/2018

Tom B.

Great. They came the next morning at my request (it happened over weekend) and removed old water heater and installed new one that day. They were fast and accommodating and a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Water Heater broke and needed to be replaced

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you kindly for the time you took out of your day to share your appreciation with us!

06/06/2018

John K.

I was quoted $1,050 for installation of a part that $150 online. I called to complain and they said their price for performing the work was a set fee for $850. Apologized for the wrong quote. I still asked myself why $850 for a part that cost $150 online and took 1 hour to install. Funny thing, this part didn’t fix the issue. Ended up being something else. There was no credit for the work since the manufacturer of the unit told them what was wrong. No accountability by the company. I will never use company again even though workers were nice, professional and wanted to fix the issue. This all happened late in the season and the issue seemed like it was fixed but I guess I’ll really know come late fall when I turn on the heat. Wish me luck.

Description of Work
Heating system

05/02/2018

Brian T.

Mike was great, on time, neat and quick, and very friendly. Once work was started it was determined that the full stack needed to be replaced rather than just partial. Final cost was $1,000 more than was originally quoted and a bathtub issue was minor rather than a bigger issue that was in the original quote. Balance was applied to the stack issue, but in the end it was a lot more money than I had anticipated which was disappointing. Very good work and nice guys, but expensive.

Description of Work
Replace the full stack from basement up through 2nd floor. Toilet plumbing needed repair, a few smaller things as well.

12/04/2017

Maddy S.

The work was excellent. He went above and beyond. He explained everything in detail and told me what may need to be done in the future.

Description of Work
The water in the kitchen sink was clogged and wouldn't go down. I needed a yearly service check that comes with my contract.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

10/26/2017

Mickey D.

False advertising. I'm having a emergency at my home and I contact you because your website says you service Rockland County. I live in Sloatsburg which is in Rockland County yet you will not come to me. Your website says: BERGEN, PASSAIC, & ROCKLAND COUNTY’S EXPERT PLUMBERS. A few days later, the owner replied to my review on FB saying the customer service rep made a mistake in telling me they did not service the town I live in. I do not believe this to be true. I stated several times that Sloatsburg is in Rockland County and she still refused me service. When I asked her about the information stated on the website, she acknowledged that the site says they service all of Rockland except Sloatsburg and Tuxedo. His attempt to lie to cover up for the terrible customer service made the situation even worse.

Category plumbing

We are very sorry about this mix up. Our customer service rep, for whatever reason, didn't recognize Sloatsburg as a Rockland Co town. This customer is right. The service rep should have just listen to him and scheduled him for service. This has all been explained to the service rep involved so it should not happen again. We love serving all of Rockland County. We don't make mistakes like this frequently and we apologize to Mr [Member Name Removed] for any inconvenience we may have caused him. Mike M Owner

10/11/2017

Carl K.

We ended up going with a tankless solution that was installed the next day. Everything was completed in a single day (including removal of the old tank). I can't speak highly enough of the guys who were here, they were all professional and courteous. I would definitely recommend Water Works and hire them again (so much so that I signed a service contract with them for the new unit)

Description of Work
Our water heater died on Monday. I called Water Works and they were able to come out the same day and assess the issue and propose solutions, including quotes for 3 options.

10/03/2017

Stanley F.

It went extremely well. Rob explained the entire process beforehand, answered all my questions, and then he and the crew executed the plan as promised. They were here when they said they would be, and worked hard, fast and professionally. I heartily recommend Water Works for all your jobs - big or small.

Description of Work
I had a water heater leak. Turned out I needed a new heater. Rob from Water Works explained alI my choices and I opted for a whole new water heater and home heating unit. Rob and the crew were fast, courteous, and thorough.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

08/19/2017

Steven L.

Very punctual and my issue was resolved promptly. Rob was very knowledgeable and explained everything going on with my system.

Description of Work
Water Heater malfunction

08/02/2017

Brian K.

It went fairly well. The job was done cleanly. I've used Water Works exclusively for the past 20 or so years. I've always appreciated their work.

Description of Work
Water heater

08/02/2017

Mary R.

Fantastic. Other plumbers told me the tub would need to be replaced. Waterworks found the part and fixed the same day at a huge savings!

Description of Work
A leak in my bathtub

07/26/2017

Matthew C.

Excellent, fixed problem quickly. Came right on time.

Description of Work
AC wasn't blowing as cold as should

Bloomfield Cooling Heating & Electric Inc

We are a full service Heating and Cooling company. We employ Nate Certified Technicians, Epa CertifiedTechnicians. Our Home improvement License # is 19HC00144800. We also are a Lead Certified Contractor. Our Electrical Division License # is 11850B. Award winning.

Offers by Bloomfield Cooling Heating & Electric Inc on Angi
    R&S Landscaping

R&S Landscaping has been servicing the Bergen County, NJ area for over 35 years. We are a full-service one-stop company – many clients prefer to have one relationship for all their outdoor needs. Our team coordinates all your services to ensure your property is at its best all year long. The R&S Team is comprised of highly qualified group of passionate professionals dedicated to creating, building and maintaining outdoor spaces. Our easy, online proposals and web account management make it simple for you to request services, manage your payments, and communicate with us at any time.

Offers by R&S Landscaping on Angi
    Great White Mechanical LLC

Great White Mechanical is one of the fastest growing HVAC Companies in the Northern NJ area. Our company gets the job done right the first time. Our service and installation teams are thorough from the beginning of the job until the end. At Great White Mechanical, we strive to uphold the highest level of satisfaction from our customers. We have the knowledge and expertise to keep our company running as effectively as possible. Our technicians have been in the business for over 25 years. We are proud of what we do!

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
    NJ Plumbing License #12777, NJ Electrical License
    New Jersey
    Visa, MasterCard, Check, Financing, Discover, American Express

Residential Services Include: Heating Repair, Heater Replacement and Installation, Water Heater Replacement, Air Conditioning Repair, Air Conditioning Replacement and Installation, Humidifiers, Dehumidifiers, Electrical Safety Inspections, Electrical Repair, Whole-Home Generator Installation, Whole-Home Surge Protectors, Drain Clearing, Plumbing Repair, Fixture Replacement, Sewer and Water Line Replacement, Water Treatment System Installation, Boilers, Sump Pumps, Water Filtration, Thermostats

N/A