American Chimney Service

Founded 2000 • With Angi since November 2006

Family owned & operated. With over twenty years experience, Robert Brancaccio, owner of American Chimney Service, believes that obtaining the proper certifications and licenses greatly enhanced his business and his ability to service his customers properly. While the State of New Jersey does not require certifications for chimney sweeping and cleaning services, American Chimney Service does. At American Chimney Service, we hold ourselves accountable for every job we take on. We always follow through, and take our responsibilities seriously, as we know that this is the key to success. We are open and honest, always making sure to inform clients of their options and deliver value. Integrity is critical, and we try and make recommendations that will save clients time and money. We also pride ourselves on products and work of the highest quality to help maintain the safety and well being of our clients. We know that your time is valuable, and therefore strive to provide service and solve problems with minimal inconvenience. We do the right job the first time. Every time. Every American Chimney technician drives a truck that is fully stocked with more than 1,000 parts, so most repairs can be completed during the first visit. If you are unhappy for any reason, we will redo the repair for free. We also offer same day service. Additional email: info@americanchimneyservice.com. Additional phone: (201) 342-3660, (973) 351-3300. Additional DBA - RNR Corp....

Fleet 1

+21 more images

chimney repair (838)chimney sweep (504)masonry (193)chimney cap repair (163)fireplace services (144)concrete repair (26)roofing (15)foundation repair (5)water heaters (1)insulation (3)decks & porches (3)plastering (2)

04/06/2022

Jeffrey L.

We had bats in our chimney and the flue did not close. Mr. Doug Lee came into our house. He patiently thoroughly checked everything and helped us fix the rusted flue. He recommended great options to allow us to consider the next steps for the old chimney. He is super knowledgeable and so pleasant to work with. I will definitely consider American Chimney services if we decide to keep the chimney in the future. They are the best!

Description of Work
Chimney Repair

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

Work Completed On 04/06/2022

03/03/2022

Leslie M.

Did a great job my fire place looks like new

Description of Work
cleaned my fire place

Category fireplaces

Work Completed On 03/02/2022

12/11/2020

RICHARD A.

I had contacted a few fireplace design companies to have service performed on the gas fireplace in the home I recently purchased. American Chimney replied promptly to express regrets that they did not service the gas-fired type. It's hard to get a reply from a tradesperson even when they can do the work, so I was happy with the reply. The best part is I wrote back to ask if they could recommend a company that does service gas-fired, and they did come back with a name promptly While I will not need to use American Chimney, any company that takes the time to help someone just out of their good nature deserves a good rating..

Description of Work
Service a gas fireplace

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

11/23/2020

Bob B.

Excellent. The workers were very professional and neat. I am very pleased with the quality of service and price.

Description of Work
Installation of Chimney Liner

Category chimney caps

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

10/09/2020

Gary F.

Pablo came out and had a drone that took photos of the rear and side of the chimney that required repairs. The crew arrived as stated and went to work. There was a lot of repairs required and they finished the same day. I'm a large commercial building contractor . and they exceeded my expectations. I was surprised at the low cost for this work. I strongly recommend them for any type of chimney work and more.

Description of Work
Brick chimney needed extensive repairs at the rear and sides and the cap was damaged. Bricks had to be repointed.

Category roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

07/27/2020

Karen B.

The entire process was Grade A. I received a call within hours after submitting my request for chimney service and they were knocking on my door in a couple of days. Doug is a true professional and explained what exactly had to be done. Installers were excellent also. Explained process and clean up was superb. Would highly recommend American Chimney.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection and repair

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

12/09/2019

Mark T.

Doug came out to inspect and was very honest. Said that the install looked to be done correctly and that he did not see any issues with the stove. He did not try and upsell anything and actually did not charge for the inspection. When i reached out with some of the info he requested, he said that he thinks it can be used now and there is no need for anything from them currently. Hard to find honest people these days. I will definitely be using them if I require any cleanings or work in the future!

Description of Work
We bought a house 2 years ago with a wood stove and haven't used it so wanted someone to inspect to see if it could be used.

Work Completed On 12/07/2019

11/07/2019

MARION J.

Ok . I would consider him again. He did give me and estimate, but no work was did. I would call the company again .

Description of Work
Chimney repairs

Work Completed On 11/07/2019

10/03/2019

Jeffrey W.

They did a great job, did everything I asked, and the results looked better than expected. Price was reasonable for the work done. Cleaned up when work was done. Will definitely use again if I need masonry work done.

Description of Work
Front steps and flagstone sidewalk repair

Category masonry

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

09/18/2019

Beth H.

They were fast and efficient, and offered a very good price. They even offered to inspect our second chimney at no extra cost. We will definitely be using them in the future!

Description of Work
Cleaning and inspection

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

02/24/2019

Bohdan M.

Doug explained that this was a common problem in older fireplaces and that it was easy to fix. He gave us an estimate and scheduled the work immediately. Michael and the crew arrived promptly and cleaned the chimney flue of crumbling and loose tiles, installed a chimney lining system with insulation, fixed the smoke chamber and did few additional necessary repairs. Michael explained and showed the work as it progressed which was done in about three hours. Thanks to Doug and Michael for explaining and doing the work efficiently and promptly.

Description of Work
We had pieces of tile falling into our fireplace

Cost $4,000.3

Work Completed On 02/24/2019

02/15/2019

D J.

Convenient Saturday hours. Thorough job. Recommended upgrading my cap from a damaged aluminum one. Did the recap for a very reasonable price. Very happy with their response and professionalism.

Description of Work
Chimney Cleaning / New Chimney Cap

Work Completed On 02/15/2019

01/28/2019

ALEX M.

We had our chimney inspected and found out we needed the chamber repaired. Both the full inspection and repair to the chamber were done in a day and a half. The cost was low and the Doug was very knowledgeable when explaining the inspection process and going through the chamber repair. They had informative packets on the various parts and functions of the chimney which were helpful for a novice. I would hire American Chimney Service again.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 12/01/2018

01/15/2019

Richard S.

Within 5 minutes of coming into our home, the technician told us that we needed to re-line both of our chimneys (the fireplace chimney and the furnace chimney). It was a total scare. We had our fireplace converted to gas a few years ago and had the chimney inspected at that time and it was fine. We did not hire them to fix the bricks.

Description of Work
Two bricks on our outside chimney had come loose

Work Completed On 12/15/2018

11/26/2018

Linda L.

Very well. The quality of the work was very good. The workers were polite and hard working. Doug Lee was great to work with . There was a minor miscommunication but Doug responded immediately and had the changes I requested done very quickly. The price for the project was very reasonable. I highly recommend him and would hire him again.

Description of Work
Front and back steps needed to be rebuilt

Category concrete repair, masonry

Work Completed On 10/05/2018

10/08/2018

Charmaine G.

It went well; however the installer informed me that I need a chimney liner replacement for thousands of dollars.

Description of Work
Installing a chimney cover

Category chimney caps

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

05/13/2018

Doug S.

Bid proposal: showed up on time. Very professional. Lots of explanation for the extensive work involved. Thorough proposal. Work: showed up on time. Very efficient. Excellent job. Money well spent $6,000+

Description of Work
Extensive work on chimney: both interior and exterior.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney repair

Work Completed On 04/22/2018

04/27/2018

Jason C.

It went very very quick. and great service...

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning

Category chimney sweep

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

03/31/2018

Robert C.

Excellent service, very professional!

Description of Work
Chimney sweep

Category chimney sweep

Work Completed On 03/31/2018

03/20/2018

Eric C.

The process performed went very well

Description of Work
Cap on chimney and liner in chimney

Work Completed On 02/19/2018

03/07/2018

Justin S.

Although my home is located outside of the company's normal radius of service, Doug made the trip out the following day after I first called to give me an estimate. He took the time to explain to me not only the work that needed to be done, but also gave me an explanation why and made sure to take time to answer any questions I had first before any paperwork was signed. Although I felt that he could have included additional fees for added transportation costs since I live outside of their normal service area, Doug quoted me the same price that he would have given had I lived closer. He seems interested in expanding his company's reputation through word of mouth across the region and the quality of the work that was completed the following day definitely should make that happen! The two men who completed the work left the outside and inside clean and treated me very professionally. I was also pleased to learn that their work carries a lifetime guarantee, though as they explained, they try to ensure that the work is done right the first time so the odds of making a warranty claim wouldn't be necessary.

Description of Work
I needed a new chimney liner as well as a new crown and weather cap.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 02/22/2018

02/09/2018

Janet W.

New liner replaced immediately to prevent soot from returning into home. Workers came out same day. Next day they reconstructed chimney outside and were also available if we wanted them present for inspection. Excellent service!!!!!

Description of Work
Emergency chimney repair

Category chimney caps, chimney repair