GJ Custom Renovations LLC

Founded 2014 • With Angi since November 2014

West Orange, NJ 07052

Carpenter by trade, with more than 10 years of experience in home renovation projects. Experience includes, but not limited to: Kitchen renovations, Bathroom renovations, & Custom woodwork, including custom kitchen cabinets, Minor repairs, Deck building and repairs, Door and window installations. Attention to detail and excellence in all my work....

09/08/2022

Karen B.

Greg is excellent to work with and a true craftsman. He never cuts corners and always suggests the correct way to get the job done. He takes great pride in his work and holds himself to a high standard. Greg always responds, calls and stops over to discuss projects. The finished work is above expectations. You can be confident that whatever he does, is done right.

Description of Work
Siding, windows, repairs…

Category custom cabinets, contractors, drywall, picture framing, handyman service, remodeling, replacement windows

09/04/2022

Paula S.

Excellent. So professional and exceeded expectations every time on every project!

Description of Work
Repairs, installation, custom work, assembled furniture, planned and executed renovations

Category custom cabinets, drywall, picture framing, furniture repair, handyman service, hardwood floor, remodeling, custom furniture, home remodeling, interior painters

04/21/2022

Liz G.

Greg is a real professional and you cannot go wrong in hiring him. He did a great job and cleaned up and took all garbage with him. Really good guy!

Description of Work
Bathroom vanity, toilet, light fixture and medicine cabinet

Category custom cabinets

12/12/2021

Marian Z.

Worth every penny. Actually saved me money by pointing to flaws of some different works that were done earlier by someone else. Work was done on time, I’m happy with quality.

Description of Work
General remodeling

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling

12/12/2021

Eva M.

It was efficient, clean. Greg is the nicest contractor I hired so far. Respectful, knowledgeable, quick and thorough. Will hire again if any project comes up.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinets install and finish, bedroom closed build

Category custom cabinets, contractors, custom furniture

12/04/2021

Michael M.

Greg was on time and exceeded our expectations. Greg took his work seriously and was particular about how the work needed to get done. We will work with Greg again.

Description of Work
Replace bathroom vanity

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

09/25/2021

HELEN A.

Although he doesn't look like your average contractor, Greg is very professional, cordial, friendly a pleasant fellow. His prices in my opinion are fair. Greg goes above and beyond and explains every step when asked for even I to understand. He didn't do shady work or cut corners and also made better suggestions than what was originally discussed to my benefit. His work is of very high quality and clean. I will recommend him to anyone who needs any renovations of any kind.

Description of Work
Replaced existing deck and stairs

Category remodeling

08/27/2021

Jeannine N.

Greg removed everything to the studs, and then we split the room into a sunroom and a powder room. Greg made sure that is was structurally sound because it was not before. His attention to detail, work ethic and craftsmanship is what we like most about Greg. He genuinely loves what he does

Description of Work
We renovated a back room that was converted to a powder room and sunroom.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, picture framing, handyman service, hardwood floor, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

03/09/2021

Irena K.

Very knowledgeable and was able to get all done in very short time

Description of Work
Bathroom faucet change,access panel installation,changing air filters and placing easy access frame for air filters,unplaging bathtub drain, changing door knobs

Category custom cabinets, handyman service

12/10/2020

Jeanie C.

Greg did many jobs in my house- removed a load bearing wall, lay tiles for a new floor, drywall, removing a door, custom building closet cabinets, custom building a kitchen island. All of it was done with professionalism and satisfaction. The last job he did for me was to paint existing kitchen cabinets which ran into a problem with the paint colors not coming out right from the store. It took some time but he came back to the end with the last being the 6th time to make it right. I would definitely hire Greg again because he produces jobs that are high quality and long lasting solutions.

Description of Work
Kitchen renovation

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, woodworking, home remodeling

12/04/2020

Elizabeth L.

I decided to completely redo my master bathroom and added a custom made cabinet that is built inside my wall. I am extremely pleased & satisfied with the final result of my bathroom. Greg also did many other improvements in my home, new plumbing, new ceiling in my office with new led lights, painting. He also installed new fans & lights in my other rooms. He re-did & fixed several other things in my home. I am very impressed with Greg’s knowledge, interest, his great ideas & many advices. He spent lots of time helping me solve many problems, even though he had nothing to gain. While he was working on the home projects, he clean & took great care of my home. Greg is also amazing handyman for all types of jobs. He have been a pleasure to work with. I will definitely call and hired Greg for any new home remodeling projects in the future. I highly recommend G.J.Custom Renovations to anyone.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodeling, carpentry, woodwork, plumbing, painting, handyman

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, picture framing, handyman service, remodeling, custom furniture, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

09/16/2020

Victor C.

As stated in the description, the work is AAA +++. Greg does a fantastic job and he is extremely friendly and personable. Don't even think twice about hiring him.

Description of Work
I had Greg do various construction jobs at my home and also at my parents home as well. My brother also hired Greg to do some work for him also. All of us can't say enough good things about him. Everything that he does is done exceptionally well, he is the best contractor that we have ever hired. He comes on time, he is very knowledgeable, and he will not leave until you are 100% happy. Hire him and you will see for yourself, his work is as good as it gets.

Category drywall, handyman service

07/07/2020

Sarah K.

Greg and his team are beyond amazing. They are non-intrusive, clean, professional at all times, very good communication. Greg is everything you could want in a contractor. He is not only talented but a truly authentic person. I do not have one single Complaint which is very hard to believe. I would hire Greg without hesitation again and again. He’s fantastic at his craft and an extremely hard worker.

Description of Work
Total bathroom remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, picture framing, woodworking, home remodeling

06/30/2020

Elzbieta Z.

He did good job.He cleaned very well place after work.

Description of Work
Fix broken doos, concrete work on patio, floor in kitchen and dinning room, replace mice Replaced microwave,fixed front doors and footed in the rooms , put new floor in the kitchen and dining room, installed Chandelier, put new backsplash in the kitchen.Im very happy and satisfied because he did very good job.He is very honest and and not expensive contraction guy.I prefer his work for myself on the future and can recommend his for everyone who need renovation at home and around the house outside.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, handyman service

06/03/2020

Jeannine N.

Jobs were all done in a timely and professional manner. Greg can do just about anything. He has a great attitude and workmanship is excellent.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous carpentry & general contracting services

Category custom cabinets

05/30/2020

Ivana P.

I am extremely happy with Mr.Greg Jakubiak performance. He was always before time, he was never late. He was very careful with all my items, protecting my floors and carpets with moving blankets. I cannot thank him enough for all the hard work he did for me & my family. I am highly recommending G.J.Custom Renovations LLC for all kinds of work

Description of Work
Handy man work, assembly & installation of furniture dressers, closets, dining room table, bedroom furniture. He did exellent job with helping me packing, wrapping and moving.

Category custom cabinets, handyman service

04/03/2020

MaryAnne S.

Love Greg!! Honest, hard working, quality of work is incredible! I would hire Greg to do all work in my home.

Description of Work
Installed shelves, replaced bathroom tile, new kitchen backsplash.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

12/09/2019

Botros M.

Greg was very professional and always on or before time. He did a fantastic job in all aspects and I couldn't be happier with the way everything looked at the end. He also finished before scheduled time. The craftsmanship and price were unmatched. I will definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Plumbing, dry wall, painting and carpentry

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

11/24/2019

Joanne P.

Greg is amazing! We called on an emergency basis, and he came right away to start the job. After being told by another professional that our railing could not be fixed and would have to be repaired, Greg knew exactly what had to be fixed and repaired it. He is honest, punctual, talented, and knowledgeable! We will definitely be calling Greg for all of our future projects!

Description of Work
Repair outside stair railing and indoor stair railing; repair bathroom faucet

Category handyman service, remodeling

11/13/2019

Lawrence M.

Greg did an amazing job while working with old fairly shoddy construction with the building we were in. He was able to save and fix an outdoor plug we were sure we’d have to just rip out entirely while bringing everything up to code and safety standards with the town. Everything was super easy and incredibly chill. If you need work done I can’t reccomended him enough. Greg really goes out of the way to get things done.

Description of Work
TV Mounting and Electrical Work

Category handyman service, remodeling

11/04/2019

Ellie M.

Excellent! G.J. is incredibly professional. The work was done quickly, but very well. Incredibly accommodating with our schedules and friendly. He also walked us through everything he was doing and the tools he was using so that we understood exactly how the job was done. 10/10, will be calling again for any other help we need.

Description of Work
Replacing an electrical outlet outside and wall mounting monitors

Category handyman service

08/23/2019

Elliot M.

Fixed frame that other responders said could not be done. Saved sofa that now is almost like new. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Furniture frame repair.

Category woodworking

05/17/2019

Michelle N.

Greg ROCKS!!! This was an emergency! I needed services rendered immediately as guests were coming and all else fell through. Greg called a day before and assured me that he would be at the house by 7:30 the morning of. Not only did he arrive on time, he went over and beyond to help me make it through! He installed a door, disassembled 2 queen beds and rails, put them out, assembled new queen beds, put up 3 tv's, and assisted me with so many other projects all at a great and fair price! He was very professional, knowledgeable, efficient and courteous. I have invited all of my friends to contact this company when they need any home repairs. This will certainly be my go to company!

Description of Work
Interior door installation and a host of other work

Category furniture repair, handyman service, remodeling

11/25/2018

Rachel S.

Extremely well. Greg and his partner were clean, polite, and well spoken. They were very thoughtful and provided helpful suggestions. Their work was extremely well done and they were very tidy about it. I would hire them again for any general handyman or around-the-house tasks.

Description of Work
They both installed and removed my air conditioners.

Category handyman service

10/25/2018

Mario S.

Greg is punctual, courteous, honest and does great quality work. He wasrespectful of our home and went out of his way to clean after work was completed. We really appreciated his professionalism.

Description of Work
Repair of banisters, removing drop ceiling and installing new drywall ceiling, installing a range of hood, Installing drywall, fixing doors that stick, installing AC window unit, Installing parapet wall guardrails, Installing bifold doors,

Category remodeling