E & M O'HARA ELECTRIC INC

Founded 1963 • With Angi since December 2005

144 Main St

West Orange, NJ 07052

Since 1963, our mission has remained unchanged--to provide expert electrical service at competitive prices. We have the utmost respect for our customers and are dedicated to meeting their needs, guaranteed. We deliver quality work performed by certified professionals who focus on getting the job done right!...

08/08/2018

Bruce M.

E&M O'Hara company representative called back from my online info request. I was told that I would be charged $180 for someone to come over (3 miles) and give me an estimate. The $180 would be refunded (included in price) if they were hired for the job. I have no problem for paying for their time and experience. I only bring this up to point out that other companies I contacted with apparently more experience with older homes and wiring, requested an initial service fee of $80 or less. E&M O'Hara may have been the best company for the job but I couldn't get past the impression that their work would have been as overpriced as their estimate.

Description of Work
Replace knob and tube wiring on third floor of 1903 house

05/04/2017

Maria S.

Always great - everyone we've worked with has been professional and courteous.

Description of Work
I generally use O'Hara for all of my regular electrical needs. They've run new electric, installed fixtures, and fixed problems when they occurred.

Category electrician,lighting

06/27/2015

Judy W.

Everything was great. Guys arrived on time. Advised me about the sparking ceiling fan when they were changing out the boxes.

Description of Work
Electrician replaced electrical boxes in house. boxes had been recalled & co was out of business. a ceiling fan that was sparking was removed.

Category electrician,ceiling fans

10/18/2014

Ingrid N.

While I found them very prompt and responsive, and very professional and knowledgeable, chose to go with another firm based on a major difference in price. I would use them if it was urgent work to be done, since they were able to schedule the work fairly quickly. I made a trade off on it taking longer for a lower price for this work.

Description of Work
Estimated cost of rewiring in garage, setting up additional outlets; replacing outlets outside and in kitchen; adding outlet at base of stairs; replacing heat lamp with an electrical fan, and adding outlets to bathroom

Category electrician,lighting

We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with an estimate. For the scope of work involved, which included our company supplying all the materials for those requested jobs, we feel it was a competitive price. It's very easy for someone to undercut anyone else's price. We try to do the right thing in every instance, including providing skilled tradesmen to perform our electrical installations using good, quality products.

10/09/2014

Daniel M.

I have older wiring in my house and the cloth wrapped wires were extremely frail. I started the job as a DIY but ran quickly into a dead end in when the wires started to degrade. I called in E&H Ohara and they worked quickly to install the new ceiling fan junction boxes and wire the fans. They even worked around me while I ran out to home depot to get another part i forgot to buy in the middle of the install.

Description of Work
Installed 2 ceiling fans junction boxes and fans.

Category electrician,ceiling fans

Thank you for the positive feedback. Your input helps us know we are moving in the right direction. We have every confidence in our electricians and we're happy to hear you were satisfied with our service.

03/31/2014

Timothy S.

They did a great job upgrading from knob and tube and were priced well below other providers. We're still near them and will use them for significant work on our current house. So thrilled to finally find a good, reasonably-priced electrician.

Description of Work
We used them to prep our house for sale.

Category electrician

We appreciate your positive feedback. All of us at O'Hara Electric strive to meet our customers' needs.

09/08/2012

Joseph A O.

I give them an F because I contacted them via email the same day I contacted others to seal my driveway and do other projects around the house all the Monday before Labor day weekend. While all the other work was completed before Labor Day weekend this company did not even reach out to me to discuss coming out for a quote or even get a better understanding of my needs if I was not clear in my email.

Description of Work
Contacted company via email to do some electrical work around my house and sort of test them out before I hired them to do my entire front and back yard after our renovation.

Category electrician

We just read your review and wanted to reply as soon as possible. We searched our email, checking the inbox as well as spam folder, and could not find any email from you. Did you email us through our website? Did you send it to info@oharaelectric.com? Next year E&M O'Hara will be celebrating its 50th year in business. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service. Please phone us if you would like to discuss this matter. We hope you will revise your review. Thank you, Mr. Edward O'Hara, President E & M O'Hara, Inc.

09/03/2012

Anita M.

The workers were courteous and they worked quickly.

Description of Work
We had this company install a motion coach light over our front door earlier in the month which was not working properly due to its design and other reasons. When we asked the company to correct the problem, they brought one from their supply which is operating great now. We were not charged for the first installation; only for the second one which I greatly appreciated.

Category electrician

Thank you for your 'A' review!

07/11/2012

Thomas F.

Everything went perfect. Called for estimate on a Monday, esitmate was done on Friday. They emailed me a written proposal the following Tuesday. I had the work done the following wed. The workers showed up on time, were professional and courteous. Because the wall I wanted the outlet installed on was only one inch thick one of the guys went all the way back to the shop to get a special outlet box that would fit flush to the wall. To me that is "going the extra mile" to do the job right! They were in and out in one hour and did exactly what I wanted. I have used them twice in the past and they have been great every time. I highly recommend O'Hara!

Description of Work
Had two additional electrical outlets installed and had a light switch relocated from kitchen to basement stairwell wall.

Category electrician

Customer service is always a priority. Thank you for your comments ... they are much appreciated.

06/01/2012

Wesley P.

They were great. They are knowledgeable. The price was reasonable. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
They put in some new outlets.

Category electrician

E & M O'Hara appreciates your positive remarks.

Jason Klein Electrical Contractor LLC

Established in 2012, brothers, Jason Klein and Stephen Klein are the owners of Jason Klein Electrical Contractor, LLC. They are a full service electrician in Chatham Township, NJ. The company offers high quality installations with a focus on high level customer service. When contacted, you always get an owner. Calls are returned promptly and schedules are adhered to. Customer needs, questions, and concerns are always top priority. Good old-fashioned customer service is the foundation of the company’s philosophy. Projects are never rushed and built specifically to the clients’ specifications and personal tastes. All installations and services are overseen by Jason and Stephen personally. This ensures that every stage of your project is carefully planned and executed. Perfection in installation and a positive client experience is the goal on all projects, large or small.

DLP Electric

DLP Electric LLC provides quality work at reasonable prices. Full service electrical contracting company. No job is too small. Fast courteous service. Customer satisfaction is always priority number one.

Voltar Electric Co.

We can take care of all of your electrical needs.

Visa, MasterCard, Check

New installations, lighting maintenance, upgrades, smoke detectors, exhaust, ceiling fans, portable generators, surge protectors, electric heating, co detectors, commercial electrical work, outdoor lighting, security lighting, replace federal pacific panels

Solar panel installation and maintenance