3M Melo Hardwood Floors, Inc

Founded 2009 • With Angi since January 2015

Melo Floors, Monmouth County NJ hardwood floor installer, is the premier hardwood floor expert in Central New Jersey, providing expertise in hardwood floor installation, precision sanding and refinishing of all finished or unfinished and prefinished hardwood floor varieties....

A Service Provider's profile image

+8 more images

hardwood floors (26)flooring (5)woodworking (3)tile installation (5)floor cleaning (3)

07/20/2021

Meredith D.

3m was the most professional flooring company I met with. Marcelo was smart, honest and very buttoned up from estimate to project complete. In a crazy market for contractors, we felt pricing was competitive but fair for the high quality of work 3m does. Over the few days Marcelo and his crew were in our home, they were always on time and professional. When we had some minor issues with walls needing patching, Marcelo was immediately responsive and went above and beyond to resolve them. Most importantly, our floors turned out completely gorgeous. We were matching our foyer floor and kitchen floor to the existing hardwood floors and they look seamless. Thanks again to the 3m team! We look forward to working with them again in the future.

Description of Work
Oak Floor Installation

Work Completed On 07/06/2021

07/20/2021

Katie W.

They did an AMAZING job!! Prior owners let dogs urinate all over the floors for years and 3m was able to not only get the smell out but left the floors looks BEAUTIFUL. They were kind, informative, professional, and finished ahead of schedule. They are cash/check- very affordable and done wonderfully. I would recommend them all day every day!

Description of Work
Flooring refinished

Work Completed On 07/23/2021

02/11/2021

Victoria L.

As an anxious corporate lawyer and a single female homeowner, I would highly recommend 3M. What I need from my contractors is clarity, reliable execution and communication. 3M provided that. They sent someone who knew what he was doing to provide the quote and survey the project. Their price was better than other companies. They came on time and did a great job on the floors - really made my apartment look almost new! Also, big plus is that they were really courteous to my first generation immigrant mother (60 yo), who was the adult on site. Throughout the process, Mauricio was responsive to any questions and provided everything I needed to get HOA approval. Dealing with home improvement is a stressful process. You don't need contractor stress on top of it. Going with a company that will do a good job and be responsive is most important - I'd go with 3M if I were you

Description of Work
Refinish my hardwood floors

Work Completed On 01/21/2021

[Member Name Removed]. thanks for taking the time to review the work we did in your home. We are so pleased that you’re happy with the finished product! 3M Melo Hardwood Floors

12/17/2020

Maha R.

I called, they came, gave me a great price & promptly did a great job & were supportive after the job to answer any questions. Very straightforward, honest people. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Refinish hardwood floors

Category ceramic tile, hardwood floor, floor cleaning

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

Review for 3M Melo Hardwood Floors, Inc - 66 Golf Street, West Long Branch, NJ - 39090385

Thanks for taking the time to review our work. We are happy you’re pleased with the final product.

11/30/2020

Susan H.

The Owner Mauricio was very friendly and accommodating during our initial meeting. He sent one employee to carry over 10 boxes of wood to deliver to my home. He sent one person to do the installation. When I complained to him about the carpet removal on the stairs, he wanted to charge me additionally for what should have been completed initially. The worst part was the installation of the base and border and refinishing of stairs was sloppy and unprofessional. I sent Mauricio pictures of what it looked like. He said he would take care of it. He sent an additional person to assist the installation but it looks terrible. I will have to have it taken out and replaced. For the money I spent I should not have to do this. Mauricio never stepped foot in my house after the initial estimate. He does not have professionals that he hires to work with him.

Description of Work
Removal of carpeting and installation of wood floors

Category hardwood floor, woodworking

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

We are very sorry to hear that our work fell short of your expectations. We will contact you during business hours today to see if we can’t work to remedy the issues mentioned and bring you the finished product you expected.

11/15/2020

Emily B.

It went so well. Better than I expected. They were very neat they cleaned up perfectly. It give them a solid 10!!! I love my floor I love it much more than the original floor!!! I recommend Melo Floors highly.

Description of Work
Refinished my floor

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the work we recently did on your floors. We are so pleased that you are happy with the finished product. We hope you enjoy them for many years to come. Happy Holidays!

10/21/2020

Jacqueline S.

Mauricio and team were fantastic! Excellent craftmanship and attention to detail. They refinished the entire first level floors, replaced all floor boards, crafted and installed crown molding and did all the paint and touch ups. Many floor companies needed to hire others to complete the carpentry, etc. 3M even worked over the holiday to get the work done ASAP! I will definitely hire again and highly recommend!

Description of Work
Refinishing of entire first floor wood floors

Category hardwood floor, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

09/25/2020

Ann W.

They were GREAT. Covered everything with plastic, sanded down the floors, and applied 3 coats of water-based poly. Got it all done in one day. They cleaned up everything at the end, and the floors are beautiful.

Description of Work
Sand and refinish the hardwood floors in two rooms.

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

[Member Name Removed], that’s so much for taking the time to review the work we did. We are glad you are happy with the finished product.

08/19/2020

Daniela C.

I highly highly recommend Marcelo and his team! I was impressed by the beautiful job they did on my neighbor’s floor and railing so we used them to replace our railing and they did not disappoint! I also really appreciated how responsive and patient Marcelo was with my many questions and concerns (I am very picky). He never seemed annoyed and always got back to me right away. I would use them again without hesitation!

Description of Work
New railing and balusters

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

Thank you so much for your kind words, and for taking the time to review the work we recently did in your home. We’re glad you’re pleased with the finished product. Enjoy your beautiful home. 3M Melo Hardwood Floors

06/28/2020

vj B.

Great! Excellent team - On Time - kept their promises - AND Came on Memorial Weekend!!! They finished earlier than promised and the Floors Look Exceptional! I would recommend them highly to everyone. Use them - terrific pricing also. Couldn't ask for a better experience!

Description of Work
Refinishing, restoring wooden floors, ribbon parquet

Work Completed On 05/25/2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the work we did in your home. We are glad you are pleased with our craftsmanship and hope you enjoy your floors for years to come. Best regards, The 3M Melo Hardwood Floors Team

04/25/2020

Diane M.

Great price. prompt service . Quality of work was above standard. Everyone who enters the house complements the beautiful floors!!

Description of Work
Refinishing hardwood floors

Work Completed On 04/25/2020

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy you are pleased with our work! We appreciate your business.

04/12/2020

Teresa B.

Wonderfully. They completed the job in 1.5 days and it looks beautiful. Mauricio was very helpful at the estimate and 3M Hardwood floors did everything they said they would do including reinforcing the support beams.

Description of Work
New wood boards on our front porch. The old wood was 50-60 years old and rotted.

Work Completed On 04/08/2020

04/08/2020

Mark M.

We pulled old carpeting up and had issues with the old floor beneath. They had to join the floors of two rooms to a hallway by splicing new pieces of hardwood in because previous owners moved walls and just carpeted over the entire upstairs afterward. We hired them to splice in the threshold areas, and also remove the carpet that went down the stairs and refinish it all. They were fabulous, extremely nice to work with, super clean. We literally had no dust to speak of afterward. Great guys - we recommend them wholeheartedly!

Description of Work
Refinished stairs and spliced threshold area between rooms

Work Completed On 12/10/2019

04/01/2020

Mary R.

Perfect! Prompt, great clean up after job. Took the time to listen and explained all that would be done. Beautiful job done, professional and quick. Started job quickly. I recommend 3m and plan to have work done again by them.

Description of Work
Flooring installation

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 03/09/2020

Review for 3M Melo Hardwood Floors, Inc - 66 Golf Street, West Long Branch, NJ - 38474466

Thank you very much for your review! We are happy that you are pleased with the work we did to enhance the beauty of your floors. We look forward to working with you on any other projects you may have in the future. Thanks for posting the picture, too!! All the best, The Team at 3M Melo Hardwood Floors

08/08/2019

MEIGRA C.

They did a really nice job, installed new floors on second floor of our new home and refinished main floor, looks great and work was done really fast. They did so well we also got them to do our floors in the home we had moved from prior to selling it. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Hardwood Flooring Sales and Installation

Work Completed On 07/07/2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to review the work we did in your home. It was our pleasure to work with you. Best regards, Mauricio, Marcelo and the 3M Floors Team

10/18/2018

Launa C.

The work went perfectly both times I hired 3M. Professional and the job was done just right. I highly recommend 3M Melo Floors.

Description of Work
Wood Floors re finished. Repairs done to Clubhouse of gated Community

Work Completed On 10/18/2018

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for taking the time to review the work we did. We are very happy you are pleased with the results. 3M Hardwood Floors

07/19/2018

Jason B.

Excellent communication, prompt, reasonable pricing, and friendly guys. Work was stellar. The one particular floor was in BAD shape, I was pretty amazed at the incredible outcome!

Description of Work
Hardwood Floor Refinish.

Work Completed On 07/19/2018

[Member Name Removed], Thanks so much for taking the time to review the recent work we did for you! It was our pleasure to work in your home and are pleased that you are happy with the results. Mauricio & the 3M Hardwood Floors Team

06/23/2018

Norman S.

We were moving into a condominium unit that had engineered hardwood floors that had been heavily abused. There were scratches, indentations, etc. all through the unit. We got the company's name from a neighbor. On less than a few days notice, they were able to refinish all of the floors which now look phenomenal. I couldn't recommend them more highly!

Description of Work
Refinishing of engineered hardwood floors

Work Completed On 06/19/2018

Thanks so much for the review. We were happy to have been able to get the work done for you in a timely manner and to your satisfaction. Mauricio & the 3M Hardwood Floors Team

03/01/2018

Pamela G.

Extremely Bad. Here are the photos. The new company that came to look and is going to fix it explained to me what 3M did wrong. They documented it for my court case since they take no responsibility for this whatsoever I am suing.

Description of Work
Refinishing

Work Completed On 03/01/2018

Review for 3M Melo Hardwood Floors, Inc - 66 Golf Street, West Long Branch, NJ - 36899080

07/19/2017

Sharon D.

We purchased the wood from 3M as well as the installation. We chose gunstock oak and are very happy with the results. From the beginning, Mauricio was very professional and eager to work, and gave lots of helpful advice. The flooring only took a day to complete and the workers were wonderful, did a great job, and cleaned up everything. I found their installation prices to be very reasonable. Would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
We wanted to replace our carpeting with hardwood floors in our living and dining rooms.

Work Completed On 06/14/2017

06/25/2017

Claudia P.

It went very well. I would definitely recommend them

Description of Work
I bought laminate and asked 3M to install. This is the 2nd time I used them. I was very happy the 1st time so I called them again. They are competitive with their pricing. They beat Home Depot. They are punctual and got the job done quickly

Category flooring contractor

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind words and the opportunity to work in your home. Regards, Mauricio and the Team at 3M Melo Floors

05/16/2017

CHARLES E.

they did a great job, no complaints.

Description of Work
wood floor refinishing

Work Completed On 05/16/2017

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review and for the trust you placed in our services. The Team at 3M Melo Hardwood Floors

03/10/2017

Christine A.

3M was easy to deal with and showed up when they said they would. Denise set everything up from estimate to start date and we had no problems. The floors look great and I look forward to years of them holding up to our dogs.

Description of Work
Sand stain and seal floors