The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union

With Angi since December 2005

3.1

1417 Stuyvesant Ave.

Union, NJ 07083

The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union offers maid and house cleaning services you can trust. Our staff is bonded and insured. Products and equipment are provided. Satisfaction guaranteed....

03/21/2017

Steven M.

06/17/2014

Jane Y.

We hired the maids for a move in clean, meaning the home had no furniture at all at the time. As soon as they came in I had a walk-through with the team explaining what needed to be cleaned. I did not supervise the team during the clean, however, they appeared busy and I left shortly after the maids had left. When I returned to the house (we were not yet living at this home), I noticed that nothing had been cleaned. The bathroom was still covered in dust and cob webs. The three bedrooms still had dust on the blinds and moldings. In the kitchen, they smeared something that had spilled inside one of the kitchen cabinets into every other cabinet. Furthermore, they moved a gas stove and the refrigerator which resulted in a leak, damaging the floors. When I called the maids customer service I was mocked and snickered at and told that there was absolutely nothing they would do. Overall, it took a team of 5 approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to clean about 800 sq ft of floors.

Description of Work
moped and vacuumed floors

05/29/2012

Carol S.

House cleaning services, the same as those that we have contracted for over the past 8 years. However, recently we received a letter saying it was taking too long to clean our home although it is the same size and has the same number of occupants as since they first started. We asked how this was our responsibility - that the cleaning was taking longer - when the conditions had not changed. They said we were waiting until the end to check. So on the April 16, 2012 cleaning, we watching and checked as the team moved along. They were late arriving, and stayed one hour and 20 minutes. Yet, we received another call saying our rate would need to rise $40 dollars because the team took ten minutes too long. This is obviously a catch 22 since we cannot affect the speed of the team and so we cancelled this service.They clean poorly. Dusting every other shelf, for example. There are challenging language difficulties, with only the certainty that one team member speaks English. This means that person must be called from another part of the house to translate. They use the same rags to clean the toilet and the surfaces that held tooth brushes. They did not wear gloves. Overall, the quality of service deteriorated over the years. I am glad they tried to raise the price because this spurred me into taking the action of dismissing them that I should had taken long ago.

Description of Work
Housecleaning services:dustingvacuumingcleaning the bathroom and kitchen floor, counters, tub, toilet and sinksmaking/changing beds

04/18/2010

Lisa C.

I went all right. The price knocked me out. Then I saw that they missed cleaning the kitchen ceiling; the powder room floor. They didn't clean the tops of several pieces of furniture either. They cleaned the floors on hands and knees but used a rag and not a scrub brush and therefore, missed quite a few things. To do a proper spring cleaning; I had to go ov er the floors. I had to clean several pieces of furtniture. For that price, I expected my house to sparkle and it certainly didn't. I would have discussed it, but they had limited understanding of English.

Description of Work
They came to do a first time "Spring Cleaning".

Category house cleaning

It ie always our goal at The Maids to have 100% customer satisfaction. Our guarantee policy is stated on every receipt. "Call us within 24 hours after your clean. If we didn't clean something to your satisfaction we will reclean it FREE OF CHARGE". There are some things we only do on request. Washing ceilings and cleaning furniture surfaces with a lot of collectibles on them are examples of special requests. Scrubbing floors is, of course, an advertised part of our service. We would have definitely come back and used scrub brushes where needed. We regret that Had she called, we would have gladly returned to make her happy. Member was displeased with part of our cleaning job. However, Member did not call us to request us to come back and take care of her concerns. Had she called, we would have gladly returned to make her happy.

10/08/2008

Laura G.

Poorly. When changing the sheets they sometimes just put a new fitted sheet over the old, dirty one. Each time they came there was a new and unpleasant surprise as to how they had made the beds. Every time they left they put the garbage in a new place, once behind the garage, a few times in front, once in a recycling bin. Once they hid it so well I didn't find it until after the raccoons had and the garbage was strewn all over. When we started the service one requirement was they needed to be done before 2 PM for my daughter's nap. They rarely called to say when they'd be here but once they called to say they'd be here after 2. When I said we couldn't do that they got rude and said that they would charge a cancellation fee, despite the fact that it was part of the original agreement. Eventually, a woman from their office called and said they wouldn't charge the fee but only after I threatened to cancel the service. They never cleaned obvious things like light switches or the walls near switches. They often left scuff marks on the walls or ceiling from the vacuum hoses--this was particularly annoying as the room that got the worst of it was newly painted. Once they left the house with a big dirty hand print on the wall so you saw it as soon as you walked in the house. Eventually, I did cancel the service because it wasn't worth the headaches and the cost. They offer to come back and re-do anything that is not done to satisfaction but it was hard for me to accommodate that. I would just ask them to get it next time, but they never did.

Description of Work
They did house cleaning for us for about a year. They seemed to spend more time spraying cleaning stuff to make it smell clean than actually cleaning. If something should be done but is not on their checklist it does not get done. For example, we have a tile rail around our bathroom that was never dusted. We asked them to wipe the doorknobs because our toddler makes them sticky and the knobs were only cleaned on the day we asked, despite the fact that we said to please do it every time.

05/12/2007

BARBARA V.

It went very well. The 4 woman team arrived on time. My over the phone estimate was for 2.5-3 hours and it took just under 3 hours. We had just had our hardwood floors redone so there was dust everywhere. I couldn't find any after they left. They even dusted the dining room chandelier and my kitchen cabinets. The price was $150/hour for a 4 woman team. It was somewhat expensive but definitely worth it at least for a whole house clean.

Description of Work
I had the whole house cleaned except for 1/4 bedrooms and the unfinished basement. The first clean is per hour so in addition to their usual clean I also specifically asked that the walls get dusted and the inside of the windows be washed. They even hand wash floors.

01/26/2006

THEY WERE REALLY PUNCTUAL AND SEEMED QUITE PROFESSIONAL. THEY DID A GREAT JOB CLEANING OUT OUR HOME AND WE WERE HAPPY WITH THE PRICE. WE WOULD PROBABLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO OTHERS.

Description of Work
WE HIRED THIS COMPANY TO CLEAN TWO ROOMS OF OUR HOUSE.

12/19/2005

I WAS HAPPY WITH THEIR PUNCTUALITY, AND THE QUALITY OF THEIR WORK. I THINK THAT THEY DID A GOOD JOB. THE ONLY THING I REALLY DIDN'T LIKE IS THAT THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE TO USE.

Description of Work
THEY CLEANED MY HOUSE.

Marta's Cleaning Service

Marta's Cleaning Service is a privately-owned, professional cleaning service that has provided personalized, and quality cleaning services for over 20 years. Marta’s team works hard to earn your trust and confidence. Our goal is to satisfy and provide YOU with an excellent cleaning service, and make you feel comfortable with our company. Tell us what your needs are and we will do our very best to meet them. References are available upon request. Cost is determined by job. Personalized cleaning service that fits your schedule. Please call Marta today to set up an appointment for your free estimate (please call to schedule at least 24 hours before you need the housecleaning.) We look forward to hearing from you and working together in the near future! To prevent confusion between my company and other companies with similar names, 908-377-5964 is the only number Marta's Cleaning Service may be reached.

Handy House Cleaning

Kim's Cleaning Service LLC

**PLEASE CALL 201-993-1226 FOR IMMEDIATE SERVICE**Kim's Cleaning Service LLC is a privately-owned, professional cleaning service that has provided personalized and quality cleaning services for over 8 years in the New Jersey area. Every home is as unique as the people living there. Kim's Cleaning Service works hard to earn your trust and confidence. Our goal is to satisfy and provide you with excellent cleaning service and make you comfortable with our company. You tell us what you want and we will do our very best to meet your needs. References available upon request and cost determined by the job, no service fees. Our cleaning service provides personalization; one-time cleaning, weekly, bi-weekly, tri-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly with low rates since each business has different needs and every home is unique. Award Winning.

MasterCard, Check, Visa

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union

How is The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union overall rated?

The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union is currently rated 3.1 overall out of 5.

What days are The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union open?

The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union is open:

What payment options does The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union provide

The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union accepts the following forms of payment: MasterCard, Check, Visa

Does The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union offer free estimates?

Yes, The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union offers free project estimates.

Does The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union offer a senior discount?

No, The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union?

No, The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union does not offer warranties.

What services does The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union offer?

The Maids of New Brunswick, Essex County and Union offers the following services: Cleaning Services, House Cleaning, Maid Service, Window Cleaning, Capet Cleaning Maintenance, Moving Cleaning Services, Same Day Cleaning Service, Spring Cleaning Services, Fall Cleaning Services