Franklin Painting LLC

Founded 2002 • With Angi since April 2014

Franklin Painting will come to you for a FREE estimate on your next project. Our crews at Franklin Painting & Home Improvement are ready and able to perform all types of work related to interior painting or exterior painting, carpentry repair, pressure washing, wood staining, fence staining or painting, deck staining, shutter painting, trim painting, soffit painting, and much more. If a home painting project calls for wall repair, cabinet glazing, texture removal, wallpaper removal, or any other similar work, Franklin Painting & Home Improvement saves you the cost and hassle of hiring an additional home improvement contractor because we can do it all ourselves....

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

before

+47 more images

interior painting (118)house painting (38)drywall (30)siding companies (1)decks & porches (9)woodworking (7)plastering (6)general contractors (5)home remodeling (3)deck cleaning (3)wallpaper removal (3)door installation (2)

04/14/2022

Stacey V.

The work was completed satisfactory

Description of Work
Drywall repair and painting

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/11/2021

10/03/2021

Benjamin R.

I had a remarkable experience with this company. Hernan came over and gave me a quote to refinish my deck, which was much better then all the other ones I got. After I approved the job, he started right away. He came over that night with paint samples. No need to go looking around, as he had every color imaginable. He then came over the following day with 3 of our favorite samples in which we had the luxury of seeing what it actually looked like on the deck before picking our final color. Next thing you know, he started the job. The amount of love that was put into my deck, was as if I were doing the job myself. He made my 23 year old deck look new. I was in shock with how well he did it. From repurposing, sanding, power washing to painting, everything came out to our perfection without having to point stuff out, as he legit went beyond our expectations. Especially with the uprise in prices of Lumber, I am very happy I went with this company. I would use this company again for future needs, and highly recommend this company if you want a quality job done by a professional with great prices and no stress.

Description of Work
Painting - Exterior

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 10/05/2021

Review for Franklin Painting LLC - 1694 Van Ness Ter, Union, NJ - 39498798

10/02/2021

Edwin T.

Franklin and crew were prompt and professional. They did a great quality job painting our garage doors and trims of roof. They also repaired sidings on our house. I am impressed with how quick they were able to complete the job even with hot weather conditions. Highly recommended! - Ed Tesoro

Description of Work
Painting garage doors and trims around roof

Category siding, house painters

Work Completed On 09/02/2021

01/30/2021

K-Yun S.

Great service and reasonable prices

Description of Work
Prepare and paint, walls and trim

Work Completed On 02/04/2021

10/13/2020

Roger K.

Excellent. Price was competitive and they were able to accommodate me as I was juggling other contractors at the same time. Cleaned up nicely.

Description of Work
Minor framing, sheetrock install and painting

Category contractors, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

09/27/2020

frank F.

Great. Franklin, Palestino and Hugo were terrific workers and went above and beyond to get our home ready for sale. They worked fast without compromising the integrity of their work. There were a lot of added details we asked them to do and they got right on it. We highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Laying a kitchen floor down, painting interior of entire house

Category flooring contractor, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

09/23/2020

Stephanie O.

Two words that describe this company best would be unreliable and unprofessional. After visiting my home, providing me with a quote I decided to move forward and hire Frank’s Painting. About a week later I receive an email with a contract with everything included after agreeing with the contract Eduardo told me he can start the project in two weeks on a Thursday and will confirm Monday. When that Monday arrives I didn’t receive a call, nor an email so I decided to give Eduardo a call around 7pm where he stated he was no longer in the office and will give me a call the next day (Tuesday) to give me all the details. Tuesday comes and what do you know? No calls or messages from Eduardo!! It’s very upsetting because I have other people working in on my home that I had to put on a hold on just to get this done. He wasted three weeks of my time when I could of hired someone else and had the job completed by now. My advice to anyone looking at this company, keep looking because I wouldn’t recommend Frank’s Paint.

Description of Work
Cathedral Ceiling

Category drywall, plastering, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/23/2020

07/12/2020

Gale I.

Franklin Painting crew, Luis, David and Jose were professional and courteous. They moved the heavy furniture to the middle of the room and covered everything with plastic and tarps. I hired them to replace my popcorn ceiling in the bedroom with a plain ceiling. This is a very messy job but they cleaned up so well, I just had to dust my furniture lightly. The room looks great and I will use them again. I especially appreciate that they came back the next day for light touch ups. Thank you to Eduardo and Franklin for picking this group.

Description of Work
Removing Popcorn ceiling

Category contractors, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

05/23/2020

Cynthia B.

This team was wonderful to work with, and they did a fantastic job. Beautiful, clean cut work with a very fair price. They went above and beyond to put protective layers down so the whole place was clean upon completion. We would absolutely hire these guys again.

Description of Work
Multiple home repairs with a large drywall replacement

Category contractors, drywall, plastering, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/23/2020

02/18/2020

Sherwin S.

Second time I have used Franklin and as always they did a wonderful job. They are super!

Description of Work
Bathrooms repainted, wall repairs

Work Completed On 02/18/2020

02/18/2020

Sherwin S.

Have used them before and they were a lot more responsive and did better work the last time. With one week of the work being done, the window sill was horribly bubbled and peeling. Eduardo is harder to reach than the Governor and was never very fond of playing tag for money. Tough times, money is hard to come by.....no one is going to have patience for the nonsense.

Description of Work
Interior Touch Ups

Work Completed On 02/22/2020

01/09/2020

Scott G.

I've used Franklin Painting a few times over the last 2 years, and they are excellent every time! I normally used HomeAdvisor, but created this profile specifically to praise them for the recent work they did. I needed a door frame converted into a wall to divide my current child's room from our upcoming baby's room. They have always been very professional, with a great price and fantastic work. i even got my neighbors using them for jobs as well.

Description of Work
Wall repair - water damage. Wall reconstruction for a baby's room

Work Completed On 11/24/2019

10/23/2019

Jim W.

The company shows no respect to customers, even after I gave him two jobs in the past. The third one was a smaller one with some minor fixes, originally it was verbally quoted to me for one price, then on the night before they sent over the contract which jacked up the price for 20%, and didn't even allow me to ask for a reason. When I asked why is the price increase, the first answer was "Don't ask any questions, you want to do this job or not?". Then the followup response was "You were nickel and diming". I was so surprised that I can't even question their price increase. Don't know how they can be in business like this.

Description of Work
Interior Painting, Carpentry

Work Completed On 10/22/2019

09/28/2019

Karolyn S.

The work was done meticulously from set up to clean up. Painting was smooth and flawless. Will be reaching out for help with another project in near future.

Description of Work
Interior painting of master bed and bath.

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

07/10/2019

Jacqueline O.

Very well. They did an excellent job.

Description of Work
outdoor second floor deck painted

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

06/26/2019

Marta P.

We hired Franklin because their pricing was fair and we got an expert vibe from him when he came to quote us. After hiring them, we never saw the expert again. A couple of days before the job, I called to re-confirm they were coming and I was told they would be one or two days late. Note I called myself, they didn't reach out to let me know about the delays. A team showed up completely unsupervised and didn't know what the job was about, nor were they aware of the timing that had been agreed upon. The job required sheet rock to be replaced and insulation to be installed, I am pretty sure they had never done that before. We had to constantly manage them (while trying to do our own job, by the way), point out what to do next, what materials were needed, and where the quality of the job wasn't good enough. The drywall they installed is full of bumps, which we will need to spackle and sand yet again. The walls they painted are peeling off one week after the job is completed, because they painted in such a rush the second coat pulled off the first one. When I raised my concerns to the manager halfway through the job, he said someone would stop by to supervise their work - as of today I am still waiting for anyone to show up or to ask if things were okay. The guys were hard working but were absolutely not experts, nor did they know how to check the quality of the work. I am not going to be hiring this company again.

Description of Work
Re-sheetrock and paint

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/26/2019

06/19/2019

Irv H.

On time, friendly, priced right, efficient work done correctly. Exceeded my expectations! Would definitely use again! Recommended highly.

Description of Work
Repair to plaster/sheet rock ceiling

Category drywall, plastering

Work Completed On 06/19/2019

05/23/2019

Augie C.

Overall I rate FlanklinPaintingNJ as a D minus-. While the basic sheetrock work I had done was acceptable, there were details, like a large bump in the middle of the wall at a seam, a knee wall 1/2 inch larger at the bottom than at the top and sheetrock extending into the doorway so far that the prehung door frame would not fit. They and I agreed to fix these items at an extra cost, but they did not show up. And let's not forget the single pole cover they put over a double electrical box and the brand new tub that they scratched. I would not use them again.

Description of Work
drywall bathroom

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

04/23/2019

Tom M.

Horrible. They confirmed to meet me between 5-6pm and at 5pm they did call and ask if they could come at 6pm. At 6:40 I called the company and said someone was on their way but it will be another 20 mins. I said forget it - if you can’t be on time to provide and estimate then we shouldn’t do business. Very unprofessional and wasted my time.

Description of Work
Drywall and paint basement.

Category drywall

We asked if could do Tuesday and you said Monday works best, so we tried to be accommodating and fit you in on our Monday calendar. Then we had to drive from Califon where our estimator needed more time than expected to do the estimating + it took him more than an hour and half driving, because traffic jams which is normal at that time of the day. Postponement was the best way to go and we would still be in business. We apologize for any inconveniences. Thank you, Eduardo

03/26/2019

Randall K.

Excellent quality. Very happy with the work and service.

Description of Work
Exterior paint - front porch trim

Category house painters

Work Completed On 03/26/2018

12/21/2018

Gail M.

I had an appointment for an estimate and rI earranged my work schedule to make this appointment. I waited over an hour and 1/2 there was a no show. I emailed them to tell them it was unprofessional. 1 minute later, I get call saying they can't make it. Really? Ya think. They had no intention of calling me until I brought it to their attention. Please respect people's time. If you are going to be late or not able to make the appointment, don't call an hour and half after the appointment.

Description of Work
Painting house

Work Completed On 12/21/2018

10/25/2018

Steven G.

Franklin never got back to us ; looked at project, said he figure a price & would call About same.

Description of Work
Resheetrock garage ceiling