Critter Control of New Jersey

Founded 1983 • With Angi since July 2013

1830 US Rte 9

Toms River, NJ 08755

The first steps after invasion in your home is identifying and removing the problem animal. Critter Control of New Jersey specializes in this and will develop a manageable plan of defense to prevent future wildlife problems. The highly trained technicians at Critter Control will find all the entry points wildlife could access and seal those up. Our work is not complete until your home is critter-free! Call us today!...

05/29/2020

Linda S.

Just okay. Very responsive in coming out to give me a quote, but I didn't hear from them after the job was sold - I had to call their office three days later to find out when they were coming. I then got a text from the salesman saying they'd be out at the end of the following week, much later than I'd wanted them there since the birds had begun nesting in the soffit again. Also expensive - about $500 for a job that took literally 15 minutes - about $80 of that was for the plastic cap they put over the soffit. Not a lot of companies do birds, though, so I went with this one.

Description of Work
Remove a bird nest from a soffit opening, cap the opening

08/22/2018

Patricia F.

They responded well to the negative review and made everything good.

Description of Work
They took out the one way trap, so the squirrel can't go back to the hole. They sealed off the soffit in such a manner that there will no more squirrel can go back. It was excellent.

07/23/2018

Heidi S.

They were fantastic, I would use them again if I had any issue and would recommend them to anyone and most importantly they were humane.

Description of Work
Removed raccoons from attic, then sanitized and cleaned up the area and sealed up the attic so they wouldn't come back in

07/19/2018

zoltan H.

I was pretty pleased with the work. They did a good job.

Description of Work
Took care of my squirrel problem

04/17/2018

Patricia A.

Critter Control gave me a quote over the phone to catch and remove two racoons who had taken up residence in a house next door left abandoned after Sandy. The tech came the next day and was very knowledgeble about the tracks and places the racoons were frequenting. He placed a trap and the next day one of the bandits was in the cage. He came and took the cage and critter with him, but told me they were very busy and needed the cage elsewhere and he would bring it back. Well, he forgot to do so, BUT the other Racoon must have gotten upset without a mate so he vamoosed. I called Critter Control after a week and explained that they hadn't quite finished the job. The phone contact was very nice, apologized for the confusion and gave me a refund for the second racoon. Not perfect, but the result was still fine.

Description of Work
Racoon Invasion

Category animal removal

Things do get crazy for us every spring/baby season. We appreciate your kind words and are glad everything worked out well! Call us again should you ever have a "critter" issue. Thanks again! Evan Windholz Critter Control of New Jersey

Linda P.

wonderful, made the repair very quickly

Description of Work
repair on a bird enclosure around solar panels

Category pest control, animal removal

Diane M.

The professional quickly spotted the problem opening, and cleared the attic of the adult squirrels. Because there were young newly born squirrels, he placed a one-way exit only device where there squirrels were getting in. As he explained, the parent squirrels did the rest by calling out to their young who left the attic and house. No more problems since. The person who came was very knowledgeable and professional.

Description of Work
To remove squirrels from attic and identify where/how they were getting in.

Karen M.

The included several incidents and each one went very well. We were very pleased with their quick response and service.

Description of Work
Live trap a possum. Advise on what to do about a skunk, chipmunks, rabbits. Removed birds nests in attic and installed animal proof screening on attic vents.

Category pest control, animal removal

Jeanette R.

Was good. They got it out and took it to a park and sealed they attic.

Description of Work
I had a raccoon in my attic. They helped to get it out.

Frank M.

Took a while but found it, minimal disruption

Description of Work
Found and extracted dead raccoon

04/10/2018

Hugh O.

Got them out OK. But abatement methods were clumsy, damaging to siding and not 100% effective

Description of Work
Removal of racoons from attic space.

04/09/2018

Christine R.

Robbie and his team effectively got rid of the squirrels and sanitized and sealed our attic to prevent any further activity. We called them back a couple of times to come out and check what we were afraid were additional issues and each time, they responded to our requests quickly and checked out the situation.

Description of Work
We had squirrels in our attic that were nesting and making lots of noise and a mess.

04/09/2018

Jim C.

They did a great job getting rid o 2 groundhogs an 1 skunk

Description of Work
Remove groundhogs

01/08/2018

Lauren B.

I heard noises in my attic and for a few weeks and tried to hire local animal control services but they were unresponsive or too busy to come in a reasonable amount of time. I was reluctant at first to contact Critter Control of New Jersey because I live in Madison WI. However, I found a regional franchise here. Cody was not only responsive, professional and informative, but he worked in cold weather and solved the problem as far as I can tell at this time. He suggested preventive measures that I purchased. Since I was unable to compare completed cost quotes, I'm not sure I can rate the price as excellent, but it was in line with what other companies' speculations of what work might be needed. My only problem has been getting the promised warranty document from the franchise owner in Michigan.

Description of Work
I heard scratching noises in the ceiling at the back of my house.

Category animal removal

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind words. I am glad we were able to help! I will have our office staff reach out to you today regarding your warranty documentation. Evan Windholz Owner/Operator

12/17/2017

Dan ..

EXCELLENT experience from beginning to end. We emailed on a Friday evening around 11pm and received an answer before 6am on Saturday morning...very impressive! Nate was out that same afternoon! Fortunately no "critters" got into our attic, and they did no damage on the outside. We had them out the following Tuesday to "raccoon proof" all areas they deemed necessary. Everyone was courteous, polite, and professional, as well as knowledgeable. Even had "booties" to put on while in the house! We would highly recommend them if you need service.

Description of Work
Possible raccoon issue.

09/29/2017

Heidi G.

Amazingly painless process. I had been hearing scratching and running in my attic for a few weeks. I called Critter Control and they sent out a wildlife technician. He gave me a free inspection and formulated a plan to resolve the problem. They were professional and efficient. I was very impressed with their services and I would hire them again. Hopefully I don't have to!

Description of Work
Squirrels removed from my attic.

Category pest control, insulation, animal removal

08/24/2017

Arlene P.

It turned out great. They came in and got the bird nest out. Then they put a cage over my flute so no birds would go back in. I had to pay $150.00 just to get the bird out of there. It took about a second.

Description of Work
I did have an issue with a bird up in my flute outside.

07/20/2017

Kai R.

I called critter control because there was a horrible smell in house and exterminator suggested their might be a dead raccoon in the chimney. They said they would charge 300 if they got it out and 200 if they couldn't remove it. The guy arrived and said there was nothing in the chimney but he could obviously smell something in the house so he looked around. Couldnt find anything. Wanted his boss to come out and make sure he wasn't missing something. Boss arrived and looked around. Couldn't find anything. As he was about to leave he saw that someone had left a frozen turkey on the ground in basement, that was the source of the smell. I gave him garbage bags and my nephew took it outside. We joked about it, I tipped him (and the first guy for trying), and he left. The next day my card was charged the 200. I called and talked to a last (can't remember her name, deeper voice), and she very rudely told me that was the service charge for coming out and that they had 2 people come. I told her that I didnt ask for the second guy to come to my house and that they didn't find any critters. She continued to be rude and have a nasty attitude about everything. She ended with, "well we found the source of the smell and tipping was up to you". I told her that she was very rude and even though the 2 guys were as nice as can be their customer service was horrible and that they should call it a service charge when you book them and let people know what its is. Again, a nasty reply after that. I hardly ever write reviews, but I immediately did after this conversation. They should be ashamed of themselves for charging $200 for a service call and train her (Colleen? Maureen?) better on how to talk to people. I did not give all F grades because they were available next day, they guys were nice and on time, and if something was in the chimney I thought the price was not horrible to get it out since I can't go up there. I'm not saying they shouldn't have a service charge for just coming out, but $50 to 100 would be more appropriate. AND DEFINITELY LET THE CUSTOMER KNOW THIS AHEAD OF TIME!

Description of Work
Thought we needed a dead raccoon removed from chimney

Category animal removal

We strive every single day to go over and above to give our customers the best customer service experience out there! I think that is evident by the fact that even though "you didn't ask for the second guy to come," we did in fact, send a supervisor, at no additional charge, and ultimately were able to solve your problem for what you were quoted on the initial phone call when you scheduled the job. The thing about this review that perplexes me the most is that you say in your own second sentence that you were told there would be at least a $200 service call fee, if we couldn't find or remove the issue, and a $300 fee if we could. It seems very evident that you know you were told about the charges up front. Yet you choose to try and make everyone think by the end that you didn't. The second and last sentences of your review are completely contradictory to each other. I apologize if the conversation with our operations manager did not go the way you thought it should, as we felt we earned our service fee for this job. All I can do is assure everyone that reads this review that we are a GREAT company to contract with for your nuisance wildlife needs... that should be very evident given every other review we have on this site is either an "A" (23 times) or a "B" (3 times) rating. We are also A+ rated with the New Jersey Better Business Bureau. Sincerely, Evan Windholz Owner/Operator

07/18/2017

Robert O.

It was fine. They are very good. They haven't been here since last year. That's how good they are. They did a pretty good job of getting the squirrel out of our attic. I don't know what the price is, but I didn't think that it was extraordinary. We didn't have to sell the house to pay for it. They did an excellent job and we were pleased with them and we would use them again if we have to. They came right when we asked them to come. I don't know if it was that day or what it was, but we didn't sit around waiting for them. We were very pleased with that they did. We were satisfied with the cost of it. We would use them again. I hope we don't have to, but I would if we did.

Description of Work
All they did was come and get a squirrel out of our attic.

07/17/2017

Robert I.

I think it was over charged just to relocate the bird nest. They did a good job the price just was not good for me.

Description of Work
They removed a bird nest out of our dryer vent. Then they had to relocate the birds that were in the birds nest.

07/17/2017

Tom W.

They came out. They put some sealer around. Took some money and left. They came out right away. I had a problem with bats getting into the house and after they did some remediation, the bat problem went away. It

Description of Work
They did some sealing around the house for a bat issue.

07/14/2017

gail C.

But we never went ahead with his work because his estimate was so far above anybody else's. On punctuality, it really wasn't a question on punctuality they really didn't do any work for us. That doesn't apply. No, absolutely not I would not use them again.

Description of Work
They came out for an estimate. We had squirrels in the attic. They went up there to see what they believe what was going on. Then he came down and he did an estimate as to what it would cost to seal up where ever they were coming in and putting traps to whatever.

07/14/2017

mario P.

There was a nice young man that came out. He had to make a couple trips. I thought the price was a little exorbitant but he seemed to do his job. I've not had any problems since then. I'd say they are a little pricey and you should get an estimate. I later found out you can go to some of the bigger companies that do the same type of work and precautions for less money I believe. I would get pricing from someone else first and if they are close then I will probably use them again. The young man that represented them and did the work was very nice. He was very cordial and very professional. He went the extra mile to try to get up there with a ladder. My only concern was the price but he did have to drive 40 miles to get back but he did do it. He was an A.

Description of Work
We had squirrels in the eaves where your roof comes down and meets where your gutters are. At the end there is a little trim board there. The siding blew back because of the storms and he gnawed his way thru the wood. All that had to be replaced and get the metal on there. He placed guards on that particular area all over the house.

07/13/2017

Leslie S.

They do a good job. They went up on the roof and made an assessment not only where the squirrels got in but also as to where they might try to get in next. They put up metal to seal up the holes. I was really happy with them. You paid the one time and then not the next because it was all the same service. He said if you hear noise call us. They would come and see if there was another hole that they missed. We didn't hear anything so they just came back and removed the things and sealed it up.

Description of Work
They came back and took all the special exits out and sealed up all the holes after the squirrels left.

07/13/2017

Mark G.

Except for the idiots put some black caulk in a white area. I had to go over it with white caulk. It was the helper. They did a good job and got rid of my bats. I did not get any other quotes. I would use them again but I would watch them like a hawk. They got rid of my bats rather quickly.

Description of Work
They got rid of my bats.

Build Up Construction

At Build Up Construction, our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our team is committed to meeting those needs. We welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in roofing, chimney, siding and masonry projects you have. No job is too big or too small for our experienced team. Call today for a quote.

Inspired Power

Improvements are needed to feel comfy and cozy in your home. Feel relief when after the fact of a cleaning whether its Concrete around the pool, Driveway stains, housing crust, pull barn yuck etc. and sit down to enjoy views maybe you thought you wouldn't see improvement in. No back pain to you, only to me!

Semper Fi Powerwashing

We specialize in pressure washing and soft washing services for exteriors of homes or businesses, sidewalks, driveways, decks, porches, patios, fences, truck trailers, parking lots, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check

Nuisance Animal Removal, Attic Remediation - New & Replacement Insulation, Exterior Home Sealing. We remove animals like squirrels, bats, rats, mice, snakes, moles, raccoons, and stinging insects.

We do not offer services for bed bugs, termite or domestic animals like cats or dogs.