Affordable Home Renovations

Founded 2006 • With Angi since January 2013

Affordable Home Renovations is a general contractor supporting consumers in custom home building and home remodeling....

MCGILLIS CONSTRUCTION, LLC

Serving Monmouth and Ocean counties for over 20 years. Our business has been built solely on our customers referrals and satisfaction Fully licensed and insured. Let us help make your dreams a reality call today for your free estimate.

Green Stories, LLC

Green Stories began with a focus on minority involvement in architecture and construction projects. Tom Reynolds teamed up with non-profit developers to provide a cost-effective design to forgotten neighborhoods. The idea of Green Stories comes from the intent to implement energy-efficient design practices while, in the oral history of our heritage, creating structures that tell a story in their design. Green Stories is a collaborative design studio with the resources to produce a high-quality design for any scale of residential, office, or light commercial projects from preliminary design to construction administration. We utilize some of the most advanced Building Information Modeling software and techniques to provide a package that is not just a set of line drawings, but a truly visual representation of what your final product will be. Specialize: -Residential rehabilitation of long-term abandoned properties -Multifamily prefabricated modular designs -Coastal hurricane-resistant design Additionally, we offer land use and code analysis and review; construction project management; bid support; contract negotiation; submittal, RFIs and change order preparation.

LIMA CONTRACTING

We have been in the business for over 30 years, fully insured & we hold a DEP Lic., New Home for NJ Builders Lic., NJ Home Improvement Lic.,Certified in Mold Remediation Mold Contractor, & Certified Lead Removal Lic. We have full crews of framers, roofers, electricians, plumbers etc.. We own our own dumpsters & equipment. We have done projects from small bathrooms to new homes. We are fully insured and have Worker's Compensation.

03/12/2013

THEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL. DO NOT LET THE CHARM FOOL YOU. THEY WILL TAKE YOU MONEY AND DESTROY YOU HOME.. I HAVE A LIST OF PROFESSIONAL PAINTERS, PLUMBERS, ELECTRICIANS, THAT WILL NOT WORK FOR THEM EVER AGAIN.

Description of Work
WE WERE FLOODED OUT BY HURRICANE SANDY! WERE LIVING IN A 30' MOTORHOME IN OUR DRIVEWAY. DO NOT USE THIS CONTRACTOR!!!!!!! THEY ARE 2 BROTHER -IN -law's THAT HAVE NO EXPRIENCE IN HOME REPAIR OR REMOLDING. THE OWNER DAN IS THE MONEY SLICK TALKER. HIS BROTHER IN LAW IS DOMINIC STAY CLEAR THEY TALK A GREAT BS LINE. THEY HAVE NO SUPERVISION ON THE JOB SITE. DOMINIC IS A GLORIFIED TILE GUY AND I HAD TO REPLACE 1 TILE 3 TIMES IN OUR BATHROOM BECAUSE HE COULD NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO LAY OUT THE JOB. 1ST DAY ON THE JOB THEY WERE ASKING FOR MONEY(1ST RED FLAG) THAT DAY THEY DELIVED A DUMPSTER TO OUR HOUSE. THEY PUT THE DUMPSTER THRU OUR GARAGE! AFTER BEING TOLD THEY WOULD FIX IT FOR 2 MONTHS. I FIXED IT MYSELF. THEY INSTALLED ALL THE HINGES BACKWARDS ON THE DOOR(2ND FLAG!) P.S I HAD TO CALL THE DOOR MANUFACTOR MYSELF TO GET THE PARTS BECAUSE THEY THRU THEM OUT. 3 DAYS INTO THE DEMO THEY BROKE THE BASEBOARD HEATING PIPES IN THE HOUSE. WATER EVERWHERE I HAD TO HIRE A PLUMBER TO FIX IT. 2 DAYS LATER THEY BROKE ANOTHER PIPE. SAME THING I HAD TO HAVE A PLUMBER IN TO REPAIR IT. 6 DAYS IN THEY TOOK UP THE OLD PLYWOOD FLOOR AND ALL THE INSULATION UNDER THE HOUSE. THAT NIGHT ALL THE PIPE FROZE AND BROKE. AGAIN I HAD TO HIRE A PROFESSIONAL PLUMBER TO FIX THE DAMAGE.(3RD FLAG!!!!) YOU GET THE PICTURE. AFTER 15 DAYS OF DEMO WE WERE READY TO DISCUSS PUTTING THINGS BACK TOGETHER. I STOOD IN MY KITCHEN WITH THE OWNER DAN AND DOMINIC AND TOLD THEM WHERE THE 6' SLIDING DOOR SHOULS BE ON THE BACK OF THE HOUSE. WHEN I CAME HOME THAT NIGHT IS WAS CENTERED IN THE WALL NOT WHERE WE DICUSSED. I WAS TOLD BY DOMNIC THAT THEY PUT IT THERE BECAUSE IT LOOKED BETER. (FLAG#4!!) I SHOULD HAVE STOPED THERE BUT FINDING A CONTRACTOR WHEN 80,000 OTHERS ARE DOING THE SAME IS NOT EASY. I MESSED UP I SHOULD HAVE DONE MY HOMEWORK! THERE WEBSITE SAYS THEY HAVE BEEN IN BISINESS SINCE 2006 THAT IS A LIE!!!!!! THEY JUST REGISTERED WITH THE BBB IN NOV OF 2012 THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DO A CRAPY JOB! YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING BUT HEADACHES. EVERYDAY I CAME HOME FROM WORK I CHRINGED WITH WHAT I WOULD FIND.

Category home builders

New Construction, Home Remodeling, Kitchens, Basements, Bathrooms, Flooring, Custom Tile, Drywall, Insulation, Pavers, Windows, Trim, Siding and more.