AJ Perri

Founded 1971 • With Angi since January 2006

4.3

1162 Pine Brook Rd

Tinton Falls, NJ 07724

For fast and exceptional service for all of your heating, cooling or plumbing needs, call us now: 732-333-3655! Since 1971, A.J. Perri has been proudly serving New Jersey homeowners and businesses across Bergen*, Essex, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris*, Ocean*, Somerset, Passaic*, Hudson*, Sussex*, and Union counties. With over 50 years of experience in heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and indoor air quality systems, A.J. Perri stands behind every installation, service and product with an unmatched 100% satisfaction guarantee. A.J. Perri offers you peace of mind and an established reputation for reliability, quality, and excellence in customer service. You can trust A.J. Perri to take care of your furnace, air conditioner or plumbing repair, service, or replacement. A.J. Perri can also help you with your heat pump, air handler, ductless split system, water heater or purification, sump pump, air cleaner, air filtration system, humidifier, and air ducts. Contact us if you have any questions about service in your area. Service offered 24/7/365. For more information: call or email us at info@ajperri.com. *Additional info: Not all services available in all areas. License# 19HC00103100, 36BI01256600, PA- PA126178...

09/03/2022

Marco C.

Have leak in ac system at end of season, they cameout to refill the freon and charged me all this money to do a leak check with dye to find leak and said to call them at the start of next season to find leak. I call them at start of season and they came out and said that it's impossible to find leak as the dye test had to be done right away, so the freon and the dye which was about $1,000 all was wasted as tech lied or didnt care, which is why big companies like this are bad, as they sub contract work, will never be same person and they just con you out of money because they are big and don't care.

Description of Work
Ac leak test and freon

08/10/2022

Dvani A.

We bought ac unit with 10 year service agreement / warranty and our system is been not working from last few days ,they gave me appointment after 5 days waiting and didn’t resolved the issue when I am giving call they are giving me next appointment after 10 days . Seriously this is really joke that in 5 years first time system not functioning and where we need their help they are busy helping new customers but no obligations to old customers. I wish I can give 0 or minus

Description of Work
Air conditioning

07/21/2022

Jennifer W.

These guys are crooks. In winter 2022 they came to my house and gave me crazy $2k quote for a $400 furnace repair. Then they charged me $189 for the 5 minute visit. Then they threatened me for 6 months with collections for the fraudulent fee. All while I suffered from long CoVID. Zero stars, do not recommend!

Description of Work
Furnace repair

07/06/2022

RICHARD L.

AJ perri was terrible. I needed a part to fix my HVAC. They told me they couldnt find the part and left. They charged me also

Description of Work
HVAC work for heat

04/02/2022

Pamela G.

Not good! Terrible company. Don't use. Shop around .

Description of Work
Ac tune up

03/08/2022

Arely F.

Terrible 5 technicians at a cost of over $14,000 dollars no one knew how to fix the problem new heating pump had the same issue and they couldn’t figure out what it was !!

Description of Work
Fixed heating pump

02/12/2022

Janet B.

Their repair services took them more than 16 times to do repeatedly. So many things went wrong. They were nasty to us. We actually didn't have to pay for all the repair. It seems like their crew didn't know how to fix it. They have given me a new thermostat but it never worked properly.

Description of Work
They provided a new outside air-conditioning unit and a new inside unit at home.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your feedback. We stand behind all of our products and services with a 100% guarantee and want you to be happy with the quality of work you received. Please contact our office so that we can work towards a resolution 732-982-8700.

12/15/2021

Abelardo G.

The service was fine, it was pretty much a routine service, their price was fair.

Description of Work
Routine maintenance and filter replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your feedback, [Member Name Removed]. We're very sorry to see that your experience was less than 5 stars, but are happy to know that your service went ok. If there is anything more we can do for you, please feel free to reach out to us!

07/07/2021

Jan U.

Excellent service, pricing is reasonable and fair.

Description of Work
AC maintenance in spring

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Great! Thank you so much for your business and feedback, [Member Name Removed]. It really means a lot to us! If there is anything more we can do for you, please feel free to give us a call!

05/13/2021

Thomas W.

it went ok no problem.The technician is professional they work timely and thorough.

Description of Work
plumbing and heating services

Category plumbing

Great! Thank you so much for the nice rating, your business, and feedback. It really means a lot to us! If there is anything more we can do for you, please feel free to give us a call!

03/09/2021

Carol K.

They did a very good job. called them 11pm, no one was available at that time but they came early hours the next morning and they cleaned and fixed the leakage, they arrived as early as 7 AM. They got their early and quickly fixed the problem and cleaned it all up.

Description of Work
Pipe leakage repair

06/17/2019

Carol B.

It was okay and they are a good company.

Description of Work
They put in a new toilet and new laundry tub.

Category plumbing

Thank you for sharing your experience, [Member Name Removed].

05/24/2019

George W.

It's fine. They were prompt, courteous and no issues.

Description of Work
They did maintenance service on my heating and air conditioning system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your feedback, [Member Information Removed].

04/22/2019

RITA M.

The gentleman who performed the work was wonderful, For much a small job, the bill was ridiculous

Description of Work
a faucet was leaking in the shower

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We know we are not the least expensive choice in the market, but we offer the best value and stand behind our products and services with a 100% guarantee. If you have any further concerns, please contact our office at 732-982-8700 ext. 206.

12/18/2018

Matthew R.

The Monday before Thanksgiving our toilet broke. I knew how to fix it because the problem keeps recurring and I keep fixing it. I decided to have a professional look it and called A.J. Perri. The operator assistance was great and the appointment was convenient. I explained the problem to the operator and stressed I could do it myself but wanted a professional to look at it and wanted it fixed before Thanksgiving. I was informed that there would be a charge for the visit but, based on the professionalism of the operator, I was comfortable with accepting it. The plumber from A.J. Perri arrived on time and I went over the problem with him. He spent about 1/2 hour looking at the toilet and then asked to speak to me about what options he could perform and how much the cost would be. He gave me three options. The cost of these options ranged from $1,500 to $700. All involved replacing the entire toilet and would require me to wait over a week to get the materials to do the work. When I told him that this is not what I wanted and that from past experience I knew that the toilet could be repaired. The plumber made no effort to contradict me or explain to me why the options I was offered were necessary. When a professional wants to tell me what I need to do, I will always listen. All this plumber did was tell that this is what he was offering to do and inform me that, even if I declined their service, I still had to pay the visit fee. I really felt like I had been scammed. I found a local plumber who fixed the toilet the next day in about 45 minutes and charged me $50 including the parts.

Description of Work
Toilet repair

11/29/2018

michele V.

I HOPE THIS REVIEW WILL STOP ANYONE ELSE FROM MAKING SAME MISTAKE MANY OF US HAVE ALREADY!!! READ ON, McDUFF: AJ PERRI - Burn your house down before using these guys!!!! Probably cheaper than the quote they will give you for a doorknob. Also look at YELP for other NIGHTMARES people have experienced with them. THIS IS MINE: CAVEAT EMPTOR HERE DEFINITELY "LET THE BUYER BEWARE" - ONLY WISH I HAD READ YELP FIRST. I'VE NEVER SEEN A COMPANY THAT IS STILL IN BUSINESS W/SO MANY BAD REVIEWS, OVERPRICING, BAD SERVICE/REPAIRS, LEAVING RESIDENCE IN DANGEROUS CONDITION WHEN NOT WORKING BUTALSO NOT SHUTTING OFF FURNACE. EVERYONE HERE WAS QUITE ILL. do not even think of using!!! overpriced, tells you they must sell you filters for $375 (when only $5/pc. at home depot)!! then gae estimate for $549 to install correct part, which i ordered and installed myself for $78!!! when the repairman arrived explained to him exactly what part i needed; he told me that i had to have the filters cleaned, which would be $375!! (filters are $5/pc for four). explained i only needed furnace to operate for 1 more winter,but he said he had to do filters b4 anything else. after completing,he said it wasn't filters (which i had already told him) so that he'd cut price in half to $180. then told me that it was the exact part i told him it was. gave me an estimate of $549 to repair. looked on line for the part and it only cost $79 for the part!!!. i ordered, read manual, and installed it myself! also,when he left there was the smell of oil for five days in the home & i was getting ill. when daughter came home, asked her 2 days later if she smelled oil and was feeling ill. she was also. so not only did they charge me for something i told them i didn't need (filters- $5/apiece), but also left furnace with a heavy oil smell that got everyone ill,then gave me estimate of $549 to repair the part i said it was, *which turned out to be only $78 to buy yourself, and i installed myself! works great!! beware of using a.j. perri, overpriced and will sell you parts you don't need, then leave w/o checking if furnace isn't not giving off heavy oil smell. WORST COMPANY OF ANY KIND I'VE EVER WORKED WITH!!!!! BEWARE!!!

Description of Work
HARD TO SAY, AS NOTHING WAS REPAIRED. JUST CHARGED $182 -FURNACE NOT FURNITURE

10/15/2018

Joseph O.

Company was so over priced I would never use Angie's list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
boiler changed to gas

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for taking time to share your feedback. A.J. Perri strives to provide each customer with an exceptional service experience. We know we are not the least expensive professionals for hire- but we are the best and stand behind our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your account based on the information provided. Please feel free to contact our Quality Assurance Department at your convenience to discuss your experience at 1-800-287-2164 ext. 206.

10/08/2018

Debbie H.

Service was excellent! I called on a Saturday morning and within 3 hours the plumber arrived and fixed my toilet.

Description of Work
Clogged toilet

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, drain cleaning

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed]!

08/09/2018

Sam B.

The guy came out 45 minutes late, but that didn't bother me. I showed him what I knew and he looked over to diagnose the problem. He found a burnt wire and proceeded to fix it. Then he proceeded to try to determine if there was an underlying problem that caused the wire to get fried. After about 30 minutes he came and told me that the air going into and out of the compressor (I think) only had a 10 degree difference and should be 20 and that I was low on freon and therefore must have a leak. He told me my options for the leak: 1. an isolation test (always works) for $960, 2. Another test (doesn't always work) around $600, 3. I could just add a sealant that works on small leaks and add freon (probably 1 or 2 gallons for $90/gal). I thought the prices were enormous and though something was fishy. GLAD I did. Next day had another guy come over and take a look. He saw the wetness on the wire outside and explained that was a good thing, measured the freon pressure, etc. and said it was full and told me the temperature difference after having a burnt wire would take quite a while to clear up and not to be concerned. No Charge -- fortunately, he was in my town for another job at the time. I gave him some cash and will use him for repairs going forward. So, does A.J.Perri pay their people a commission for repairs -- If so, they should rethink their business model. Honesty and Ethical Behavior should be foremost for anyone running a service business.

Description of Work
Central A/C was not cooling. The blower was blowing, but house not being cooled

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the review. We want you to be satisfied with the service you received from our technician. Please contact our office at your convenience so that we can address your concerns 732-982-8700 ext. 206.

06/11/2018

Margaret J.

I asked for an emergency appointment and was told no one was available. I made an appointment for the next day from 8am-10am and it was a no-show. When I called to find out the status, I was put on hold 15 minutes. When she got back on she said everybody was busy and someone would call me back. I asked "when?" She replied "soon". I told her to cancel the appointment. Someone else called me around 10:30am cheerily saying he would be here soon. I told her I canceled the appointment. Contrary to their advertising and their telephone banter, they could care less about my problem or servicing my account quickly. I found someone else on Angie's List who is coming this afternoon.

Description of Work
Toilet leaking

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your feedback. We're sorry we were not able to accommodate your plumbing needs on the same day. If you have any other concerns, please reach out to our office.

06/10/2018

Deborah A.

Very punctual and very quick response. However, you pay for this! Very expensive rates. I decided to go forward and have the work done due to limited options at the time but the rate charged was over twice the going rate available elsewhere- which I now know..

Description of Work
Garbage Disposal replacement

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], thank you for sharing your thoughts. We know we are not the least expensive professionals for hire, but we stand behind our products and services with a 100% guarantee, and we hope you will give us the opportunity to discuss your service appointment in greater detail. Please call our Quality Assurance Department at 732-982-8700 ext. 206.

05/30/2018

MB Y.

Work was done well. However, VERY EXPENSIVE even with the "additional" discounts and a lot of "oh, this should be replaced" and such. I won't call them again.

Description of Work
Replaced a kitchen faucet and sump pump

05/16/2018

Craig S.

Fan was not running on my central AC unit and I called AJ Perri for a repair. The repairman came 40 minutes late. He spent 5-10 minutes looking at my unit and determined the motor needed to be replaced for $1,000 and recommended to replace the unit since it was 15 years old for $4,500. I called another company and they determined the starter needed to be replaced which cost me $255. The motor works!

Description of Work
Central A/C Repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Please enter what you would like the response to look like:Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We stand behind all of our services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and would like to speak with you offline to see if there is anything we can do to make your experience using A.J. Perri a better one. Please contact our office at [phone number removed]

05/10/2018

Cherie M.

They told me that the entire inside of the tank needed to be replaced. Not knowing anything about plumbing I let them do the job. After talking to people I now know that I was ridiculously overcharged. I could've purchased a new toilet for less than what they had me pay and it took them 10 minutes to do it. Do your research first and use reviews. I will never use them again or recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
My toilet would not stop running.

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for expressing your concerns. We know we are not the least expensive choice for service, but our quality workmanship and 100% satisfaction guarantee on products and services are unmatched. If you would like to express any further concerns, please reach out to our office.

05/03/2018

Dawn P.

Thieves stay away from this company. Greedy and dishonest.

Description of Work
Gave me an estimate for new ac price very high tell you need something that you don't . Use scare tactics.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your feedback. We know we aren't the least expensive choice, but we stand behind our products and services with a 100% guarantee and would like to honor our commitment to complete satisfaction. Please reach out to our quality assurance department at 732-982-8700 ext. 206.