HENDRICKSON EXCAVATING

Founded 1980 • With Angi since June 2008

4-TIME Super Service Award Winner!! Hendrickson Excavating has been in business for more than 30 years. We are a family owned and operated excavating company with a committment to our client to provide honest and reliable service combined with excellent workmanship. SPECIALIZING IN: -SEPTIC SYSTEMS

excavating (36)stone & gravel (13)drain pipe installation (11)septic tank service (9)plumbers (8)lawn & landscaping (7)foundation repair (5)mulch delivering (3)masonry (1)irrigation system (1)

07/17/2020

Charley D.

Mark contacted me quickly after I contacted Angie's list and provided a clear, concise estimate within a day or two. Mark dropped off a sample of the new stone at my request. He and Alan completed the job within the two day estimate. It was a professional job and we are very pleased with the results. The price was reasonable to us, especially compared to other estimates received.

Description of Work
To grade an existing 2,900 SF driveway, remove the old dirt and stone, and to provide and spread approx 25 cubic yards of new red stone.

Category excavators, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 07/17/2020

09/11/2018

Gio Z.

This provider does not do this kind of job.

Description of Work
I needed our septic tank cleaned

Category excavators, septic tank

Work Completed On 09/11/2018

05/17/2018

Kent S.

Mark was a very reputable businessman and he and his son did a great job. The area they delivered and spread stone looks really good and it is very level overall. I would definitely hire them to do another job for us.

Description of Work
Delivered and spread 3/4" red stone up against driveway

Category pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 05/17/2018

08/09/2017

Andrea V.

Mark & Alan came out & were a few minutes early to meet and evaluate the job; emailed the estimate, and were back within the week to complete the work. Very professional, knowledgeable, easy to work with, will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
750' driveway and parking area needed to be re-graded and new gravel spread.

Category excavators, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

08/07/2017

Shannon F.

They were our second call out within days, the tank guy couldn't locate cap. they sent a second crew out and they located the tank without a problem and dug it out without incident. Even under a massive tree. They helped more then the other place we tried using and all within a day.

Description of Work
Septic system drained and flushed.

Category excavators, plumbing

Work Completed On 06/22/2017

06/28/2017

John T.

they were very professional and responsive

Description of Work
excavating

Work Completed On 06/07/2017

05/15/2017

Cornelia H.

Mark and Alan came out within just a few days and gave a very thorough evaluation and estimate. Cost was by far the highest of estimates gathered so did not go with them this time but would not hesitate to call them again and am confident I'd be happy with their work.

Description of Work
Needed estimate for gravel drive and drainage pipe.

Category excavators, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

Work Completed On 03/31/2017

01/07/2017

Cynthia S.

He's very good. He was fabulous. He was able to work very well to coordinate his work with the other people who he had to work with, so he coordinate with the other sub contractors and we didn't have to do much coordination he did that himself, he's very good.

Description of Work
He basically graded the whole yard, brought top soil in, he also put in all the drainage pipes for water to go to the sewer lines.

Category excavators, landscaping, mulch, drain pipe

Work Completed On 10/07/2015

11/23/2016

Brian W.

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Dig out a sink hole with 10 tree trunks, reset back the trunks root ball down, repacked dirt, purchased top soil, laid that, covered over with seed and hay.

Category excavators, landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 10/18/2016

Review for HENDRICKSON EXCAVATING - 23 OLD RD, Stockton, NJ - 33985301

07/15/2016

Scott K.

Mark Hendrickson returned my call promptly, and came to my house that afternoon to look over the site and to give me an estimate and a time frame. On the day of the job, he arrived right on time and had made arrangements with another company to have my septic pumped out, prior to the repair work. Even though this was a relatively small job, Mark and his son who works with him, were professional and polite through the whole process. The cost was $300 for the actual repair and digging and $300 to have the septic pumped out. I would not hesitate to use Mark Hendrickson Excavating again, they were great to work with!

Description of Work
Repair of outlet baffle on septic system

Category excavators, septic tank

Work Completed On 07/01/2016

02/27/2016

Florence K.

Mr. Hendrickson did an outstanding job

Description of Work
Excavated septic system and removed cracked distribution tank, installed new, installed correct venting and new pipes into distribution field. Replaced earth and regarded

Category excavators, plumbing, septic tank, drain pipe

Work Completed On 11/30/2013

01/08/2016

Anthony L.

I received a call back from them quickly, and made an appointment for a free estimate. They arrived on time, father and son team. They explained what needed to be done, and took some measurements so they could provide me with a detailed estimate. I received the estimate about a week later. The price seemed very fair, and they certainly seemed competent. In the end I decided no to use them because I ended up having to rent a back hoe anyway, and while I had it I did the work myself.

Description of Work
I contacted Hendrickson regarding digging a gravity drain for my foundation, and some trench work for retaining walls.

Category excavators, landscaping, plumbing

Work Completed On 05/01/2015

01/06/2016

Matt K.

The home had no existing driveway, and Hendrickson was kind enough to drive by the place and give a good faith estimate. His was a no-nonsense estimate that would have fit perfectly within our budget. There was a lot of work to do there, but he didn't try to upsell. I will use this company again when the time comes. Trustworthy, kind and dependable.

Description of Work
I was looking for an estimate for a home that we were looking to purchase.

Work Completed On 09/15/2015

11/17/2015

Robert B.

Mark provided a detailed estimate and (unlike other contractors who provided bids) really gave me a feeling like he takes very seriously the customer experience. The other bidders seemed to treat me like I was an experienced contractor who understands all the steps, components and potential variations we might encounter. Mark provided a more realistic picture and recognized I am the homeowner who ultimately needed guidance and assurance through this process (which is a major investment, and can be downright intimidating and scary). My property was challenged by the presence of trees and subsurface rock, including bedrock. When he encountered heavy bedrock Mark was very proactive in addressing this issue by obtaining my permission and disclosing potential cost implications of bringing in extra heavy duty equipment to address the bedrock problem He effectively worked through it and was able to finish the job despite this challenge. Mark (and his son/partner Alan) were outstanding partners and made the overall experience most rewarding. I would not hesitate to wholeheartedly recommend Hendrickson Excavating to friends and neighbor's. Great job, Mark!!! Thank you!!!

Description of Work
Excavated and installed new septic system. Effectively rerouted existing building sewer to new gravity-fed system including tank, septic field. Utilized design provided by engineering firm, and made slight modifications based on subsurface conditions, i.e. presence of rock to deliver what I consider to be the optimum solution.

Category excavators, plumbing, septic tank

Work Completed On 11/10/2015

10/09/2015

Martha W.

Mark promptly returned phone calls, arrived quickly to give an estimate, communicated clearly before and during the job, was very knowledgeable and experienced, kept to and exceeded the agreed upon schedule, worked beautifully with a big backhoe in tight quarters without doing any damage, coordinated well with the other contractors and inspectors, took his time, was calm and pleasant and left our property in good condition. His son Allan was also excellent and knowledgeable. They are a good team. We were blessed with great weather for the three days of our job and absolutely everything worked in our favor, but I think Mark and Allan would also do well when conditions were not so favorable due to their calm nature and wealth of experience.

Description of Work
He excavated for an underground propane tank and dug trenches for gas piping to a pool heater, generator and to the house and moved the gas tank and generator into place with his backhoe.

Category excavators, plumbing

Work Completed On 10/08/2015

07/31/2015

Arthur P.

Hendrickson was prompt and professional. They provided what I considered a thorough and professional estimate within the time they committed. Unfortunately the total price, while fair, was outside of my budget and I had to delay the project. I would definitely call Hendrickson again.

Description of Work
Quote on driveway repairs and storm water grading.

Category excavators, landscaping, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 05/01/2015

06/16/2015

Melissa R.

Efficient, very neat gravel placement. Very pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
We had our long driveway regraded and new gravel placed down the length of it. It looks wonderful. We appreciate the gravel for its environmental friendliness. Now we can better appreciate its attractiveness as well, the gravel is an attractive color and was meticulously spread out. The Hendrickson's team were warm, friendly, professional and did the work sooner than we expected.

Category excavators, septic tank, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/10/2015

05/11/2015

japhet M.

I requested the provider to give us his professional opinion on a failing septic system. He was very informative and gave us his opinion on how to go about solving our problem. Was able to provide us with the name of an engineer and told us that he would love to bid on the job if it became available. No hard sell just honesty and appreciated the fact that we valued his professional opinion. A++

Description of Work
Provide us his professional opinion on a failing septic system.

Category excavators, plumbing, septic tank

Work Completed On 01/12/2015

01/14/2015

Cynthia S.

We were very pleased with the Hendricksons. They did a thorough job measuring and preparing for this job and met with the mason to coordinate the concrete work that will need to be done. They were always courteous and professional and even introduced themselves to the neighbor to explain what the job entailed. We recommend Hendrickson Excavating!

Description of Work
Mark and Alan Hendrickson did demolition and excavation work for the house we are building and removed asphalt and concrete left from the house that had been demolished at the site. They excavated and installed pipes for storm water drainage and hooked them up to the downspouts. They also did some rough grading and installed a stone driveway and walk. They'll be back in the spring to finish grading and seeding.

Category excavators, plumbing, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

Work Completed On 12/01/2014

01/05/2015

Christina H.

Work done on schedule. Required several township permit reviews, no issues. Work done by owner and his son. They own their own equipment and are very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Removed in ground pool and filled in

Work Completed On 05/05/2014

11/03/2014

Nigel P.

The response to our original phone call was very quick and an explanation of the work to be done was very thorough on the first visit. We felt very comfortable with the experience and although we had other quotes that were a little less we felt based on the Angie’s List rating we would go with Hendrickson Excavating. The work was scheduled very quickly and when the work was complete you would not have known a basement crack had been repaired. Mark cleaned up the whole area making it look as if he had not been there. When the bill arrived we were given a further discount as the extent of the work required was a little less than quoted, which we felt was excellent, because being inexperienced as we are we, would not have known it took less to complete the job, very professional. We fully support Hendrickson’s high rating on Angie’s List.

Description of Work
- Chip out loose masonry along the vertical crack on the basement foundation wall - interior and exterior - Excavate down along the outside basement wall to the footer level to expose the crack below ground level - Fill in the crack using hydraulic cement on the exterior and interior wall - Re-tar the portion of the exterior wall that has been repaired below grade - Backfill excavated area(s)

Category excavators, masonry, foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/01/2014

10/10/2014

Robert H.

Very professional and responsive.

Description of Work
Power line excavation and backfill

Work Completed On 08/31/2014

07/29/2014

CARLTON P.

He's a great guy. He does exactly what he promises at the price he gives, he has great attention to detail, and is very honorable. I've used him on about five different jobs now. I don't feel the need to follow him around while he's working, he's very trustworthy.

Description of Work
He buried large tree stumps on my property.

Work Completed On 03/12/2014