A&J Landscape Design LLC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since May 2013

109 High Point Dr

Springfield, NJ 07081

A & J Landscape Design, LLC. is proud to offer our clients a "one stop shop" for all of their landscaping needs. Our services include : full design and installation services, landscape and lawn maintenance, pesticide and fertilizer applications, various hardscaping, all types of drainage, and consulting services. Licensed. See website for more details. Additional emails - info@ajlandscapedesign.com, joanne@ajlandscapedesign.com....

11/01/2019

Erica G.

Amazing design and install experience! I loved being part of the design process and seeing their artistic talents. My yard looks amazing and we get complements from the neighbors! Talk about curb appeal!!

Description of Work
Landscape design and install for front yard and lawn work

Laura G.

Jonathan and Joanne have been caring for my lawn for the past five years. We have also done extensive landscape design and installation. They are thorough, attentive, accessible, and always stand behind their work. They are more like family than contractors and I could not recommend them more.

Description of Work
Maintenance, landscape design, tree planting, flower/shrubs planting, drainage, pruning, seeding, fertilizing

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch, drain pipe, hardscaping

Matthew G.

I’ve worked with Joanne and Jonathan on both large and small landscaping projects and would recommend them without hesitation. Quality services, reasonable pricing, and great people to work with....

Description of Work
Landscaping and lawn maintenance

Renee D.

A&J and their crew did an amazing job on our landscape design and installation! Joanne is a consummate professional and a real pleasure to work with. She was responsive, creative, thorough in explaining her ideas and suggestions and worked within our budget. Everything went smoothly and we look forward to working with them again.

Description of Work
Landscape design and planting in both front and backyard

10/26/2019

Casey S.

Joanne is an absolute pleasure to work with! We have wanted to work with this company for a couple of years but we had to wait until we could fit it into our budget. Once that time came, we signed on and couldn't be happier! Jonathan is wonderful as well! He came by with his crew to trim and remove poison ivy and weeds. He took the time to walk around the property with me to show me what needed to be removed and ask what we wanted done at the time. Both are truly wonderful people who go above and beyond to provide exceptional service.

Description of Work
We signed on with A&J Landscape Design for routine lawn and yard maintenance. We wanted weekly mowing, weed control, lawn fertilization and seeding, etc.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

11/01/2018

David S.

Excellent original design and continued maintenance. Very pleased with how yard is looking. Plants are growing in nicely. Progression has been as advertised - landscaping looked good to begin with and continues to look good as plants grow. They seem to select good plant material and plant well (plus do good maintenance) as my neighbor planted similar evergreens on his property near mine and mine have done much better. Enjoying the growth of the plants with nice blooming colors. Nice to not be neglected by a company after purchasing the plant material. Each year not treated any differently based on whether doing more landscaping or just maintaining what is there - always treated well. In summary, a good reliable company that is easy to work with and provides good services.

Description of Work
Landscaping and Lawn Maintenance

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch

10/30/2018

Robert D.

A&J did my Landscaping a few years ago and after they finished I continued to cut and care for my lawn. This year I could no longer keep up with the weeds and the cuts and two kids and turned to A&J for help!! They came to the house scoped out the situation and offered a price to cut with additional options if I wanted such as fertilization, hedge trimming, fungus treatment, spring and fall cleanup, etc... I like that i'm able to customize to my wants so I don't feel like i'm paying far services I don't need or want to do myself. They show up weekly, do everything tasked and do a great job. Lawn looks great and I have more time for my kids instead of spending hours doing it myself to only look half as nice.

Description of Work
Grass cutting and lawn maintenance

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

10/27/2018

Mark O.

Every once and a while you have the opportunity to do business with a company that embodies what true customer service means and you are reminded again about the standard by which other service organizations should be measured. I was fortunate enough to have such an experience with A&J Landscaping as I recently completed a landscaping and drainage job with them. Jonathan worked tirelessly to address our landscaping concerns. He is clearly an expert in his field and tailored his solution to our vision; listening to our needs and exceeding our expectations at every step of the project. In addition to his technical expertise, he is a pleasure to work with. It was obvious to me that he gives each of his clients the same high level of attention, but I never felt like I was just another customer. When he was working on our project it felt like we were the only client, even though his constantly buzzing phone told me otherwise. Our project was completed on time and within budget and my wife and I are thrilled with the results. We’re happy to have found a landscaping company we can do business with for years to come.

Description of Work
Landscaping and Drainage

Category lawn service, drain pipe

Robert K.

A&J has been terrific! Right from the start, they have been very responsive, courteous and generally go out of their way to make sure everything is done in a way that keeps me happy. The work is completed very professionally. And they are very easy to communicate with. They also have been very helpful in referring me to other professionals (eg, a tree service) when necessary. Glad we made the switch to A&J!

Description of Work
Needed a new landscaper beginning this spring for lawn maintenance, fertilizing, etc.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

viji M.

Great company to work with. The crew is prompt and very responsive to queries or concerns. Our yard is well maintained, thanks to them. Highly recommended !

Description of Work
Lawn Maintenance

Category lawn service, leaf removal

Scott G.

Fantastic company and fantastic people. If you are looking for an honest company that does top notch work, then you should stop looking and just hire A&J. Couldn't be happier with the work they have done for us.

Description of Work
Lawn Maintenance and Pruning

05/07/2018

Diane P.

Very creative landscaping ideas. Joanne is very easy to work with and has great expertise. We hired A&J last year because our law was not in good shape. Even early spring- it is now beautiful. Highly recommend A&J

Description of Work
Lawn care and Maintenance and Hired to do landscaping on backyard perimeter

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

05/07/2018

Diane P.

Professional, lovely to work with. Our lawn last year was in pretty bad shape- already beautiful in the Spring. Creative landscaping ideas.

Description of Work
Lawn Maintenance and Landscaping entire backyard perimeter

Category landscaping

10/17/2017

Kara C.

We've had a great experience with A&J. Joanne came up with the landscape design and Jonathan came up with the drainage plan, and we're really pleased with the outcome. Our yard has been completely transformed and the water is going where it's supposed to. A&J was sensitive to our budget requirements and worked quickly. What I find unique and reassuring is that Jonathan is on the job working alongside his great team the entire time. I highly recommend A&J!

Description of Work
We needed a full landscape design and a full drainage plan.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch, drain pipe

11/02/2016

Nelly V.

Joanne and team are both very responsive and very profesional. They are very cognizant of neighbors and never blow leaves into the street. I used another company before A&J and though they did the basics I always had weed problems and my grass was so so. Since I began with A&J there has been significant improvement and Joanne is always great about sending notes after applications to remind you to water more or any other type of special instruction. While they are not the cheapest, you really do get what you pay for with them, which is a lot.

Description of Work
Yard care and weekly lawn care since summer of 2014.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal

10/27/2016

Kevin I.

Joanne, Jonathan, and the A&J Team are a pleasure to work with. Joanne and Jonathan are both responsive and helpful in explaining the ideas and work that will be completed as well as follow up care. Jonathan took additional time to help explain and set up our new irrigation system as well and Joanne always followed up to make sure we were happy with the final outcomes of our projects. The A&J team is polite and the work completed looks very nice.

Description of Work
Removal of overgrown plant material and new landscaping design and planting in both front and backyard, lawn seeding.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

10/25/2016

Brandon E.

A week after the estimate, the crew came out to do some spraying of weeds, then a couple weeks after that, they came out to lay down new top soil, fertilizer, and two layers of seed. They explained their approach to me and gave me advice on how to care for the lawn in the short-term and long-term. Four weeks later, I'm happy to say 97% of my front and side lawn is filled with beautiful grass. The other 3% is filling in a little slower; I'm optimistic that in a few more weeks, it'll be solid. I will definitely give A&J a call back in the spring for weed control. Best of all — the final cost was much lower than the estimate!

Description of Work
My entire front yard had to be dug up to replace our main water pipe leading to our house. For months we had a yard of dirt. I tried seeding myself, with limited success. Finally I decided to reach out to a few landscapers. Out of three that I found on Angie's List, only A&J responded back. Joanna came out in a week or so and did an estimate. I thought I needed sod, but she discouraged that and said that reseeding would work great.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

10/22/2016

JOYCE K.

John was great in working with my concerns. The hill looks great. Will definitely use them again in the spring to design and plant shrubs and flowers along my back fence and do some work in the front as well. Both John and Joanne were easy to work with and did the work in a very quick time frame.

Description of Work
I needed trees planted on a hill to block a view.

Category landscaping

09/21/2016

Robert D.

Joanne and Jonathan are some of the best people I've worked with. Started off with a request for a quote and got immediate response and set up a walk-through to discuss the work we wanted done. Joanne was very informative and helpful and laying out a plan that would work with my budget. Once we signed a detailed contract, work started and Jonathan took it from there. He was there everyday working with his crew. Kept me informed at all times of any deviations from the plan (such as hidden stumps in the ground) and always texted me at the end of the day to inform me what got done and what the plan was for the next day. Crew was very detailed oriented and did a fantastic job. The new drainage system has made my basement much dryer (the musty smell is now gone) and I love how it was designed so that it feeds directly into the nearby catch basin rather than going to the street since my grading towards the street is not great.

Description of Work
Needed to fix the Chaos I called a yard. Three separate tasks completed: Drainage system for all my down spouts, removal of overgrown weeds, small bushes and lots of ivy (poison included), and planting of a new trees, shrubs with mulch in the yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch, drain pipe

10/30/2015

Ilyse G.

A&J did a great job with the designing and planting in front of my home. They are very reliable and professional. The job came out great.

Description of Work
Designed and planted an area in front of my home.

10/18/2015

David S.

The process of planning and execution went well. Impressed with the work done by A&J Landscaping. They are a very competent and communicative company. They have worked well listening to what we were looking for and guiding us in our decisions taking into account cost, maintenance, resilience and appearance. We were able to discuss the various options along with advantages/disadvantages trying to plant deer resistant plant material that would withstand the elements while not requiring excessive maintenance. We learned a lot from them, as they are very knowledgeable, accessible and patient. The end result is beautiful, as our backyard has undergone a major transformation. We are happy with how the plants look now and expect things to only improve as things grow. Next season we look forward to rehabilitating a different area planted by other companies.

Description of Work
Converted side of yard from just lawn into a long stretch of plantings with trees and shrubs along fence line plus landscaped additional areas

Category landscaping, lawn service

It was a pleasure!! Looking forward to planting the other areas in the spring!! So happy it turned out as you envisioned.... it was really fun putting it together.

09/09/2015

John J.

Our project couldn't have gone better. Our primary goals were to remove the man-made pond from our property and convert it into a gravel seating area and to replace and expand our paver patio. We knew that we had drainage issues as well but wouldn't be able to accurately assess them until breaking ground. Jon was great at explaining to us exactly what we were dealing with every step of the way and with laying out our options. He was conscious of our budget and didn't try to "up-sell" us on anything. He was knowledgable and reliable every step of the way. He personally laid the paver patio and it is perfect. We couldn't be happier with our new outdoor space. From an administrative perspective A&J couldn't have been easier to work with. Both Jon and Joanne were great communicators being available through text and email which made things easier while I was at work. They were very professional and very fair with pricing as our project got more extensive due to the drainage issues we discovered. We were so happy with them that we are switching all of our weekly landscaping to A&J and plan to be loyal customers for years!

Description of Work
Replace and expand an old paver patio; Dismantle a large man-made pond, fill it in and create a large gravel seating area in it's place; fix almost 100% of the drainage on the property ; regrade certain areas and re-configure the grass line.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping, patios

Thank you so much!!! It was really a pleasure getting this done for you! Looking forward to planting in the spring to make it even more beautiful!!!

06/18/2015

Sharad M.

Jonathan arrived on time, explained what work would need to be done, and provided an estimate within a few days. He was very professional and knowledgable about the work and gave some other tips on how to troubleshoot some issues I had been having with my gutters. The only reason I did not use them is because their pricing was higher than another contractor.

Description of Work
Provided estimate to install underground gutter drainage pipe from side of house to street.

Category lawn service

Thank you for the opportunity and the kind words. If you need anything in the future, please reach out.

04/15/2015

Marcy D.

The service went well. The whole process was easy. Very professional and personable and plan on working with them again.

Description of Work
Removed all previous dead bushes from front yard. Provided all new landscaping for front yard. Cleaned up and cleared away weeds in back yard.

Category lawn service

It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for the kind review.

12/11/2014

Michelle H.

I am so please with the work A&J Landscaping did on our yard. They took a neglected piece of land and made it neat and presentable in barely an hour. All of our leaves were blown out front and they cut down all of the huge weeds bordering our fence. From first contact to finish, they were prompt, professional and polite. I plan on using them in the spring to get the growing season off to a great start. I highly recommend them and look forward to working with A&J Landscaping again! What a breath of fresh air to have a company to high quality work at such affordable price.

Description of Work
Fall cleanup/brush removal

Category landscaping, lawn service

Thank you so much for your kind review!! Looking forward to possibly working together again in the spring! Have a wonderful holiday season.....