Levs Construction

New Jersey: General
03/31/2023

143 West Cliff St

Somerville, NJ 08876

Lev's Construction LLC, has been proudly servicing the local New Jersey community for over 15 years. We provide affordable high quality roofing services (commercial, residential & industrial) such as roofing repair, roofing replacement, siding, windows, doors and much more. All work is done by company owner with hardworking and dependable workers; competitive pricing and satisfaction guarantee keep our customers comfortable with their choice in company. Call for a FREE estimate today!...

roofing (117)gutter repair (23)siding companies (12)skylight installation (5)roof cleaning (4)chimney repair (3)gutter cleaning (3)chimney cap repair (2)window replacement (1)electrician (1)

07/28/2020

Thomas T.

Lev and Dave did an excellent job. Top quality workmanship. If I could give A+ I would.

Description of Work
Sunbursts above front windows

Category siding, chimney caps

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

07/17/2020

Margaret S.

Owner gave estimate which was less than others I received. The owner arrived early every morning with his crew, and stayed on-site, other than having to leave to buy supplies ( I needed a number of new sheets of plywood because of rotting). They cleaned up after each day. Owner's wife was very responsive to any emails for any questions I had. At the end they cleaned everything up and I only found one roofing nail on the grass.

Description of Work
Tear off old roof, install new one. Install new gutters.

Work Completed On 11/19/2019

07/13/2020

Terry B.

The work was done professionally with taste,class,quality and looks beautiful.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

07/13/2020

Con A.

Thus is the second time we hired Lev's Construction to replace our leaky 30 year old roof. The first time was four years ago when our large rear dormer needed replacing because of a leak. Levani showed us pictures of our 100 year old tongue & groove boards which were in very bad shape. The prior roofer had put band aids on a failing roof 30 years ago of which we had no knowledge. It was obvious we needed to put 1/2 inch plywood on top of the existing boards. Again, Levani shot pictures of every step of progress to show exactly what was being done-very impressive and comforting to know that the roof was being repaired correctly and that there was total honesty. Last month we called Lev's Construction to replace the rest of our failing roof. It was the same situation. The original boards had many gaps in them and some were partially broken so plywood was needed to cover the entire existing roof. Unlike so many contractors, Levani was there the entire time, measuring, cutting and directing his crew who did an outstanding job. Clean up was immaculate. Every spec of old roofing was gone and they even had metal detectors to track any screws which had fallen. You can't get a more professional job. I wouldn't even consider searching for another contractor for any other construction jobs.

Description of Work
Replaced old roof with new roof

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

03/02/2020

Harvey W.

Great..thought I needed a new roof, but an inspection by Levs, said that a repair was all that was necessary at this time. I will use them when that replacement is needed for sure.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Category electrician

Work Completed On 03/31/2021

11/24/2019

Steven J.

Lev, his crew, and Natia in the office are all superb. We contacted Lev for a quote to replace the roof on our 135 year old three story Victorian home. He responded promptly, came over to access the job, and knew immediately what needed to be done. He left us with confidence in his knowledge of what needed to be done for a quality and thorough job. Shortly afterwards we received a price with all details of what was included in the job. It was a very fair price given the scope of the work and we contracted with him. We also contracted with him to replace all the gutters and leaders on the house. Lev and his crew began work on the promised date. They tore off the two existing layers of asphalt shingles, the original cedar shake shingles under the asphalt, and removed the original Yankee gutters (wooden). They then sheathed, papered, and shingled the roof, including a ridge vent. This old house has many gables, a mansard area, and a main hip area, so it’s a complicated roof. There is also an existing skylight and they handled all of these features with ease and expertise. Lev was on site with his crew, always working alongside them or checking on the work being done. He is not just a contractor, he’s a skilled and talented man who pays great attention to all detail. There was a ten foot piece of aluminum soffit missing at one eave and he installed new soffit there. He also took care of any areas of the existing aluminum siding that needed attention. Not only was he interested in giving us a dry home, he also wanted it to look good (hence the extra attention to the siding). He takes great pride in his work and that’s a huge plus for the homeowner, needless to say. He goes above and beyond. He (and Natia in the office) keep you informed throughout the entire process and promptly respond to any questions or requests. His crew is respectful and skilled, and they never forget that the work site isn’t just a job site, rather it’s a home/where people live. When the gutter man was here, Lev was back on site making sure everything was up to snuff and that we were pleased. He and his crew did a top-notch job cleaning up the yard and driveway, including having a crew sweep and vacuum the attic space. I should mention that we are two-zoned HVAC and he made sure the furnace/air handler in the attic –and the natural gas and refrigerant lines- were covered and protected before work began. We couldn’t be happier with Lev. He’s honest, hardworking, intelligent, and dedicated to the customer’s satisfaction. We feel like we hit the jackpot in finding him to do this job. There aren’t many out there like him. We give him the highest recommendation. Just the very best!

Description of Work
Complete roof and gutter replacement.

Work Completed On 09/11/2019

Review for Levs Construction - 143 West Cliff St, Somerville, NJ - 38252326

11/04/2019

ALBERT N.

Did not go well at all. A couple of times the vendor contacted me to schedule and unfortunately had to cancel due to rain. Perfectly understandable. However, promised to call once weather improved. This was last week and the weather has been perfect but no one has contacted me to schedule. If these folks are so busy, why do they advertise their deals on Angie's?

Description of Work
Roof Maintenance

Work Completed On 11/04/2019

Dear customer, We had to reschedule your service twice due to the weather conditions. The third time I called you and left you a massage asking to get back to us to schedule your service, but we never heard back from you...We were under the impression that you had found a different contractor or had changed your mind and were not interested anymore. We are sorry for the inconvenience and misunderstanding. We try our best to keep the service appointments but the weather conditions are out of our control.

05/29/2019

Frank T.

Via Angie's List, I reached out to 3 vendors. Lev's Construction responded to me first. Lev himself came to look at my roof and on the same day he was able to repair it. His price was very reasonable, he charged me less than half of what other vendors quoted me. I also appreciated that Lev did not try to pressure me into purchasing additional services that I didn't need. Many other companies do that which makes the normal "Free estimate" visit feel like a trip to the car dealership. I would absolutely use Lev's Construction again for any roofing projects in the future.

Description of Work
I had some shingles that were damaged on my roof which needed to be replaced

Work Completed On 05/29/2019

05/22/2019

George K.

These guys did a excellent job on our roof! They matched a competitors bid and then proceeded to deliver great customer service- starting from our first point of contact Levy to the team who were fast, efficient, skilled and nice. Levy ,gave us a great estimate - super friendly and honest guy; We were very impressed by his honesty and advise. Will recommend to anyone for any roofing needs; Nice to know there are honest people in this line of work out there.

Description of Work
Roofing Company

Work Completed On 04/20/2019

05/14/2019

Marco J.

Fantastic company, very professional, thorough in their work, detail oriented. Dependable. They showed up early on the day scheduled as well as the next day when they completed the job. Very thorough clean up. The boss was at the job site the whole time (and put in hard work as well himself.) Good, hard-working experienced crew. Phone contacts were with a pleasant, accommodating office manager. I had estimates from 4 other companies - Lev's was not the cheapest nor the most expensive but they did offer extras which others did not, like a chimney cricket (which no one else even suggested), new attic fans, etc. I felt I got my money's worth as well as a great job performed.

Description of Work
Old roof tiles were removed and roof was re-tiled. New gutters and leaders were installed.

Work Completed On 04/11/2019

05/14/2019

MaryAnn I.

Beyond pleased with job from start to finish. It was VERY important to me to award this job to a company who was local, would not sub-contract out, and one where the owner would be onsite entire time. Lev and his team, including Natia, ensured all questions were answered in timely manner, job was scheduled and completed as promised and they left my yard, patio and deck exactly how they found it. I had a lot of underlying damage from previous owner neglect that Lev remediate quite fairly. Very grateful to have found a trustworthy local contractor. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
New roof and accessories.

Work Completed On 04/09/2019

05/02/2019

Ted C.

The work on the roof and gutters went very well. Lev and his team and Natia who runs the office were excellent through the entire process. Lev showed up when he said he would and did his very best working around the rain during the project. The house was always protected against the elements through the entire process. Lev and his team had a very high quality of workmanship and used high quality materials. At the end of each day, the entire crew worked at cleaning up the work site and did a very thorough cleanup at the end of the project. I am very happy with the new roof, gutters and skylight and would use Levs Construction again in the future. I highly recommend Lev.

Description of Work
Entire roof replacement with GAF Timberline HD Shingles, replacement of aluminum gutters and replacement of skylight.

Category gutter repair, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 04/30/2019

08/14/2018

paul G.

The work was finished on time and the quality of the work was excellent.

Description of Work
Roof replaced

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

06/04/2018

Kenneth W.

Very happy overall. Hired again for a roofing job recently completed

Description of Work
Siding repair

Work Completed On 05/14/2018

05/04/2018

Jose Winston O.

Initially the appointment was postponed due to the weather.Lev Finally came and he was very professional and told me whats wrong with my roof which unfortunately needed more job.The guy who built my house had made some short cuts to save a few bucks.

Description of Work
checking my leaking roof

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

04/29/2018

Jill P.

Outstanding performance by Lev and crew. On time and showed pride in their work, including great cleanup! On roof for 12 hours first day at 90 degrees! Used best GAF materials and methods, found and replaced rotted decking. Completed all as contracted at fair price as quoted. Extremely pleased with everything , and you will be too.

Description of Work
Replace roofing

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 05/29/2018

04/17/2018

paul G.

I responded to a coupon for general roof maintenance. Lev was very prompt and gave me a very reasonable estimate to replace the roof. He missed some of the moss but overall did a very good job & I would hire him again.

Description of Work
replace flashing & remove moss

Category roofing, chimney caps

Work Completed On 04/17/2017

03/07/2018

Thomas D.

Our roof replacement went smoothly because Lev and his assistants were highly professional and very accommodating. From the morning the new roofing materials were brought here until the pickup of the dumpster with discarded materials, Lev made things work like a precision operation. He and his helpers were always very polite and a pleasure to work with - we would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone needing a new roof or the other services Lev offers. We will be sure to call him again for his high quality workmanship at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Replaced old roof with new roof.

Work Completed On 03/06/2018

01/30/2018

Jose M.

Very nicely. They were timely, professional, reasonable and very respectful. I would definitely hire them again

Description of Work
Roof Installation

Work Completed On 11/30/2017

12/18/2017

Robert M.

Great communication. owner arrived on time. Very professional

Description of Work
Leak in roof. Replace missing Shingles. Repair shoddy construction from previous contractor.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

Work Completed On 12/01/2017

11/30/2017

Trish M.

Very well. All interactions extremely professional. On time, responsive, helped with all that I called about. Another problem arose prior to visit and Lev looked made a temporary repair and gave estimate on the spot. Obviously knowledgeable but will compare pricing.. overall I am happy with service I paid for and people who provided it. Thank you

Description of Work
General repair of gutters and siding. Thoughts on leaking “new” roof.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 11/30/2017

11/20/2017

Kenneth W.

Arrived right on time and did jobs satisfactorily. Professional and courteous

Description of Work
Siding and some minor roof repair

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding