Deck Guardian

New Jersey: General
03/31/2023

458 Elizabeth Ave

Somerset, NJ 08873

We are proud to serve most of New Jersey, with few exceptions, as the foremost Deck Builder and Deck Resurfacing Company in NJ. We bring experience, commitment and competitive pricing to the table from initial meeting until completion of our project. We love what we do and strive to bring our A-game to every project. You can rest assured that the Deck Guardian team will go above and beyond to bring your vision to life via excellent planning, budgeting and incomparable customer service.We do not provide staining and sealing services. Contact us for a Free Estimate today!...

decks & porches (121)general contractors (26)deck cleaning (19)woodworking (8)patio enclosures (2)house painting (1)

07/03/2022

vaibhav P.

It was a great experience with this company, everything went so smooth they came to my house to check on estimate then I went to the company to look at the material then I selected everything and then I please order and then they took permission from Township and that’s it delivered the material at my home and within one week the deck was ready the people were coming every day they were working till late to finish the work everything was fabulous above expectation I love my deck.

Description of Work
Deck installment.

Work Completed On 06/26/2022

Review for Deck Guardian - 458 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset, NJ - 39786262

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed], we're happy to hear you guys got a great deck from our team and that you had a awesome experience. Thank you for your business and enjoy your new deck!!

04/24/2022

L K.

I do not normally write reviews, but wanted to write this review because of the outstanding work and service provided by Deck Guardian. The whole process was very smooth. We were looking to replace our old and weathered very large (750 sf) wooden deck. We had several estimates, and the estimator for Deck Guardian came in the rain and responded promptly with an estimate. We went to the show room and narrowed down our choices. The show room probably could be better laid out and more customer friendly, but the salesman answered all of our questions and was patient as we changed our mind several times about color and other add-ons. The project manager was in touch with us within 24 hours of signing the contract, and the workers showed up exactly on the day the project manager promised (only 3 days after signing). From that point, the Deck Guardian guys worked from 8 until 5 every day until the job was done. They were excellent, and ran into several problems along the way (we needed to replace some of our wood foundation beams and joists) but each time the project manager immediately called us, worked out the solution, and the guys continued with their work. They accidentally broke a basement window during construction, but informed us immediately, covered the window with plastic and wood and replaced it before they finished the deck. They were done with the job in 8 business days and it came out fantastic. I cannot recommend Deck Guardian highly enough based on the service and, most importantly, great craftsmanship of the workers who actually constructed our new Trex deck. Its like adding a new room onto our house.

Description of Work
Deck replacement

Work Completed On 04/24/2022

Review for Deck Guardian - 458 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset, NJ - 39709542

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed]. Our team is thankful for the opportunity to resurface your deck, we’re happy that everything came out great and that you guys have had a pleasant experience with everyone on our team. Thank you for your business and enjoy your new deck.

04/08/2022

Yvonne C.

Job professionally done. Excellent crew and workmanship. Would recommend to anyone wanting their deck to be replace.

Description of Work
Removed and extended the deck.

Work Completed On 04/07/2022

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed], enjoy your new deck!

03/20/2022

Alyson H.

From the moment we contacted Deck Guardian for a quote until the time the final inspection was approved by our township, the entire team at Deck Guardian was nothing but professional, responsive and patient. Larry managed our quote. He helped guide us through the design and material selection. Replacing our deck was quite an investment and Larry was extremely patient with us as we debated every single decision. Our project manager Jon communicated with us at every stage of the build - confirming materials, coordinating deliveries, managing the construction schedule and working with the town on permits and inspections. The construction team was amazing. They always showed up as scheduled and were meticulous with the build. The construction of our new deck is top notch and not a single corner was cut. We absolutely love our new deck - it was worth every penny. We can't wait for the warm weather to arrive so we can fully enjoy it. Thank you Deck Guardian for making this process enjoyable, simple and stress free.

Description of Work
Deck Replacement

Work Completed On 02/21/2022

Review for Deck Guardian - 458 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset, NJ - 39666396

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed], you made our day now, we're supper happy to hear that our process and efforts to service clients are working and that we're delivering great projects. Thank you for your business and enjoy the new deck!

03/03/2022

Jeff B.

We are very happy with our new deck. We researched several deck companies and Deck Guardian was clearly the best and pricing was very fair. The workers (led by Marlon) arrived early in the morning every day and completed the deck in the timeframe they promised. We are looking forward to spending lots of outdoor time on our new deck. Thanks to Deck Guardian for the great work! Highly recommended.

Description of Work
New deck installed

Work Completed On 03/03/2022

Review for Deck Guardian - 458 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset, NJ - 39646612

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed], we're glad to hear that you guys had a great experience with Deck Guardian team. Thank you for your business and enjoy your new deck!!!

02/28/2022

Mike A.

Fast and very good. Excellent and hardworking people

Description of Work
new deck with screened room

Category decks, sunrooms

Work Completed On 02/07/2022

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed], enjoy the new deck.

12/29/2021

Yang L.

The sales and delivery team were easy to work with. The team came when discussed and finished within a given window. Did a basic resurfacing. The outcome was nice. The crew could have been a bit neater and cleaner and a bit more communicative, but nothing that caused actual issues. When issues did arise (I was missing some post caps), the team ordered and delivered quickly.

Description of Work
Basic resurfacing

Work Completed On 12/17/2021

12/09/2021

Sondra S.

From start to finish excellent workmanship. They even put a netting around to keep my little dogs from going through the balusters.

Description of Work
Jack 10’ x 26’

Work Completed On 12/09/2021

Review for Deck Guardian - 458 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset, NJ - 39567920

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed], glad to hear you had a great experience with our team. Thank you for your business and enjoy your new deck!

10/28/2021

Anthony F.

All went well. Minor problem was attended to quickly.

Description of Work
Trex deck built - removed old wood deck.

Work Completed On 10/18/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed] , glad to hear project went well and we took care of the small issue. Thank you for your business and enjoy your new deck.

09/24/2021

Brian G.

WOW WOW WOW! I cannot say enough great things about these guys. From initial consultation to design to post-construction communication, they are on top of every step. Raul came out and helped design it in the best, most cost-efficient-yet-beautiful way. An estimate well below the three others I had received soon followed. Even when we upgraded EVERYTHING it was still well below the closest estimate. They helped deal with all the permitting that needed to be done and were extremely helpful when the down asked for some changes. Once it was approved, the framing started a few days later. And when the inspector came out to take a look, he said it was one of the best frame jobs he had ever seen, "...it'll survive a nuclear bomb!" Two weeks later, our beautiful deck was finished. The same inspector came out and he was blown away by the final product. But more importantly, so was my mom, who we had the deck built for. She can't stop raving about it. High-quality work done in record time for a very reasonable price. Cannot recommend Deck Guardian more!

Description of Work
Brand new deck built

Work Completed On 08/26/2021

Review for Deck Guardian - 458 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset, NJ - 39485820

Thank you very much for your feedback [Member Name Removed], its been a pleasure working with you guys , we're glad to hear our team did a great job on managing and building your project . Thank you for your business and enjoy the new deck!

08/15/2021

Ralph D.

Our experience with Deck Guardian was amazing!!! They were extremely safe during the pandemic at the same time provided professional and responsive service. The whole deck experience from design to build was efficient and flawless. I had no worries and executed exactly what I wanted and more. I am so pleased with my choice. My deck is absolutely PERFECT!!!

Description of Work
Deck Replacement

Work Completed On 08/15/2021

Review for Deck Guardian - 458 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset, NJ - 39441068

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed], we're glad to hear all process was smooth and the final product is a great deck. Thank you for your business and enjoy the new deck!!!

08/14/2021

Amrill A.

Polite workmen, professional workmanship and great clean up

Description of Work
Deck resurfacing

Work Completed On 08/14/2021

Review for Deck Guardian - 458 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset, NJ - 39440384

Thank you very much for your feedback [Member Name Removed], glad to hear that the project went well. Thank you for your business and enjoy your new deck.

07/19/2021

Christopher V.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that I only give 5 stars for perfection and flawless execution (which is a high standard I know and I don't give out many). There were a couple of issues that we did have (not having a dumpster on site from the beginning, leading to a pile of debris, still waiting on a final clean up for some concrete that got on our driveway) NONE of it realted to the deck itself however. If you are looking for a deck to be built, I encourage you to contact Deck Guardian (DG) for your decking needs. We used Deck Guardian (DG) for our recent deck construction. We were looking to do a large deck spanning 1/2 way around our 27 foot above ground pool. I got several companies to give me estimates. All of the companies "quotes" were merely a final number written on a piece of paper or a simple email. Not Deck Guardian! The estimate we got from DG was detailed and explained EXACTLY what we would be getting and how the cost was calculated. Head and shoulders above the rest. Were they the cheapest? No, but they weren't the most expensive either. When we decided to go with them, we were invited into the show room and were given many different options for our decking materials. All of the other guys offered 2 choices- wood decking or TREX. DG had an entire section of colors and styles of not only decking, but also railing and finishing touches (such as the option to have lights installed in the posts). DG then came out, and created an absolutely BEAUTIFUL deck for us! They even made sure that we passed all inspections (even fought it out for us when my town failed us on the final inspection (for some reasons the town made up)) and got us through everything. in all, we are EXTREMELY pleased with the entire process (Ion and Dave were our main points of contact and Marlin was our builder). The final product is AMAZING and we have gotten a TON of compliments! See pics below

Description of Work
Building a New Deck

Work Completed On 07/19/2021

Review for Deck Guardian - 458 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset, NJ - 39408018

06/03/2021

Wali A.

We are incredibly happy with the deck designed and built in our yard by Deck Guardian . Ion (Owner) and David (Project Manager) were great at going through the design, details, and the timeline (super quick) along layout ideas in the first meeting. They were truly pro and on top of their work. Genuinely happy that I hired them for our deck project. Not only delivered on time but also did incredible work and the best part we were always kept informed of details and there was no delay even when it was super cold. Hard weather did not stop them to deliver on time as promised. Every step of the process was explained to us and completed in a timely manner even when I picked wrong design , Ion helped me guide to pick better design for under the stairs shed and helped us take advantage from their experience. I would highly recommend Deck Guardian to anyone looking for a deck contractor and the best part they even offer financing in case someone want to take advantage of their financing services. Thank you, Deck Guardian team! Wali Ansari 17 Supra Ct Princeton NJ

Description of Work
New Deck Project

Work Completed On 06/03/2021

05/20/2021

M C.

Excellent service and competitive timing and pricing. Very happy with new deck!

Description of Work
Deck replacement

Category contractors, decks, deck cleaning, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/20/2021

Thank you for your feedback guys , glad to hear you like the new deck. Thank you for your business!

05/11/2021

Laura A.

My experience with Deck Guardian (DG) was exceptional from beginning to end. I had interviewed 6 different companies to on how to restore my elevated deck (a resurface using Trex products), but during the sales process Raul Burgos from DG stood out. He was totally knowledgeable on all aspects and options on how to construct my deck and followed up with a very comprehensive and detailed offer that was quite competitive. He responded clearly to all my follow-up questions one-by-one. Though my bids were submitted in October, 2020 I did not want construction started till the Spring of 2021 and this was not a problem at all for DG. On my project start date in 04/2020 all the materials and dumpster arrived on time that morning, followed by my deck builder Stefan and an occasional assistant. Stefan knew exactly what he was doing and built the deck perfectly over the course of the following 8 days save two for rain interruption. He came and worked long hours in a professional, quality, and careful manner being sure not to harm our adjacent patio, shrubs, and flowers. The noise level was very subdued given the amount of rebuild required. My occasional interactions with the owner Ion also went very well – to the point, direct, and responsive. DG is a world class Deck Building Company that I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Resurfacing of an Elevated Deck with Staircase

Category decks, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

Thank you for your honest feedback [Member Name Removed], we're happy to hear we have delivered to your expectations and that the final product is top notch. Thank you for your business and enjoy your new deck.

04/19/2021

Robert Z.

Deck Guardian built a new deck in our backyard. The whole process was well-coordinated and the finished product looks great. It was easy to get in touch with the team before and during the construction. They provided an incredibly detailed estimate so you could understand exactly where your money was going and make better decisions about what we wanted while maintaining our budget. We are looking forward to enjoying it this summer.

Description of Work
Great deck

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

Review for Deck Guardian - 458 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset, NJ - 39298983

Thank you for your feedback guys, project came out awesome, super nice design. Thank you for trusting your project to us !!!

04/06/2021

Mr. B.

I will simply say this...if you are looking for deck repair and upgrade services and are considering Deck Guardian, it is important to note that they will ONLY perform those services on a deck that they have built. If your deck was built by some other builder, Deck Guardian will NOT perform the service you need. If this information was stated by Deck Guardian on Angie.com (Angie's List), I would not have wasted my time and energy with their less than kind customer support. This information should be clearly stated for consumers to make informed decisions from the start of their project. Therefore, I am writing it in my review for future consumers who are seeking deck repairs and upgrades, since this was what I was told by Deck Guardian's customer support. Shop around.

Description of Work
New spindles, banisters, and railings for my composite deck.

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed], Yes correct we don't provide repair services and have not listed on our web or social media platforms that we do, we only resurface decks with composite only and build new decks you can see that at www.deckguardian.com . We chose to specialize in specific services and that works for us, sorry we couldn't help with your repair project , best of luck with it.

03/31/2021

John H.

Perfectly. Great crew. Arrived on time. Worked neatly and efficiently. They really knew their work. Crew supervisor helped us plan our project and was always available to discuss before, during and after construction. They even came back after the job to install an item I forgot to ask about. Finished job was flawless and inspired several compliments from neighbors. I can enthusiastically recommend Deck Guardian without qualification.

Description of Work
Install new deck

Work Completed On 03/01/2021

Review for Deck Guardian - 458 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset, NJ - 39274382

Glad to hear everything went as planed [Member Name Removed], thank you for trusting your project to us . Enjoy the new deck and thank you for your business!!!

02/21/2021

Scarlem C.

After a ton of estimates that I got in 2020 for demolishing my old deck (not up to code, poor construction) and constructing a new deck, Deckguardian was by far the best and most detailed estimate that I got, very detailed and a very good price all inclusive. This end of January when I decided to go through with my project, they were very responsive, very professional, we had an appointment to set on the final details before starting and it all went great. After we signed up, the materials were delivered within a couple of days, once snowstorms passed, the workers showed up on time every day and did an amazing job. My deck was ready in 5 business days, the workers asked me any questions they had or confirmation they needed and everything was done as agreed. I am very happy with my new deck and the work done, highly recommended.

Description of Work
Re-Do Deck

Work Completed On 02/16/2021

Review for Deck Guardian - 458 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset, NJ - 39205322

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed], glad to hear the project went well and that you guys love the new deck, we're glad to be able to help. Thank you for your business and enjoy the new deck.

02/14/2021

Renuka T.

Great job done!! 👍👍 Very professional and knowledgeable team. Quickly accommodated my last minute change request. Very responsive and easy-going staff. Completed the job on time and with great quality! Cleaned up the place thoroughly after completing the project. I'm extremely happy with the work and highly recommend Deck Guardian. Thank you very much Deck Guardian team for doing such a wonderful job!!

Description of Work
Built new deck with Deck Guardian!

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

Thank you for your feedback guys, your project came up amazing , nice choice on all materials and color combinations. We enjoyed working with you on your project, thank for your business.

01/31/2021

Edward C.

Deck Guardian (DG) removed my old 600+ square-foot two-level deck and in its place constructed a new one using a similar layout. DG hauled away the old materials. I am completely satisfied with my new deck, which surpassed my expectation. I would rehire them for similar work and highly recommend DG to others. My only change is that I would require notice from DG before DG placed materials or a dumpster in my driveway. I was trapped in my garage for a day until DG made a path for me. This was a minor annoyance. During the sales process, a salesperson made stylistic recommendations, such as light-colored floorboards outlined with a darker color, which I accepted. He provided a detailed contract with pricing. Before the start of construction, I settled on a payment schedule for the contract. DG handled the permit process with my township. To begin the work, DG prepared a new blueprint. The upper surfaces of the deck were Trex materials and metal railings supported by a lumber base. I expect that this more expensive choice of surface materials will be maintenance-free. During the work, I could call or send email to the project manager and talk with him immediately or receive a call-back the same day. The two men who built the deck were meticulous and perfectionists. They courteously answered all my questions during construction. DG completed the deck within the time frame set out in the contract. They cleaned up all materials after they finished with construction.

Description of Work
Replace rear deck

Work Completed On 11/30/2020