Gibson Electrical & General Contractors Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since April 2008

1016 Jarvis Rd

Sicklerville, NJ 08081

Emergency service 24/7, fully insured and bonded, free estimates, residential, commercial & industrial, quick response, will get personalized service and speak to live operator. No sub contractors, GEGC has (2) bucket trucks. We deal with numerous property management companies....

02/22/2018

Tom D.

In all fairness, both workers were friendly and they (in the end) did what was planned. I think the work probably could have been easily performed by one worker. I was told that they would call me ahead of time, so I could meet them at the house before they arrived. I did not receive a call until they were already at the house (1:30pm). I arrived around 1:40pm. They completed the work by about 2:20 and took about 20 minutes to write up the order. I was shocked when I was asked to pay $382 when the quote was for $225. The labor was by far the most expensive element, they had rounded up to 2 hours per worker ($250 total) plus a $49 dispatch fee. In terms of the workmanship, the only complaint is that there wasn't much attention paid to aesthetics. For example, instead of running the new line along the wall (binding them with zip strips with the rest of the lines) in the basement, the line was run across the middle of the basement and stapled to each stud. Also, I had to ask them to readjust the light switch plate since when they re-installed the cover plate one side was not flush to the wall (raised a notable 1/4 inch). It's a minor detail, but one I would have had to live with if I did not speak up. They did replace a breaker (did not realize that the current breaker was 20 amp when a 15 amp was needed. They explained that this could cause the wire to burn out before the breaker switched. All materials costed $63.

Description of Work
One outlet installed for dishwasher with 30 feet of new cord (switched out aluminum for copper-) and new breaker, one replaced outlet, and adjustment of wall switch (double rocker; needed to change the left and right switch positions)

03/06/2017

craig F.

12/28/2016

Cheryl W.

Great. They gave recommendations for us to try first from least expensive to most before even coming out to the house, which we had already either did, and/or didn't help the situation. Called them back to give update, came out expeditiously, evaluated, and determined problem to be neutral. Suggested we call power company. We did, and they came out to replace same day. Only fee we paid was to Gibson for the 1 day they came out for 1 hr to evaluate issue.

Description of Work
Needed to evaluate why there were household power fluctuations

08/24/2016

Camille W.

Category appliance repair, electrician

06/03/2016

Eve S.

Gibson is very detail oriented in their approach. They first begin by having you itemize the specific work you need completed. Steve has a set cost associated with basic repairs, which he also used to make time estimates for how long the work will take to complete. After we completed our list and received an intial estimate, we had Steve stop by and perform a walk-through. He actually reduced his initial estimate since we had good attic and basement access for the lights and switches we needed installed. His workers arrived at 8am in the morning and left around 4:30pm. They were friendly and professional. The work took a half-day longer than anticipated, but we were not charged any additional costs since Steve honored the original contract estimates (which called for two days of work). Let Steve know that you want to pull permits for the work, and he will complete this paperwork for you to drop off (you will need to cover the costs). We had a good experience and will use Gibson down the road when needed.

Description of Work
Our house had aluminum wiring from the 70's. We had learned that this wiring can shrink overtime causing shorts and other problems. Gibson replaced all of our electrical sockets & light switches, and rewired our overhead lights and appliances using copper tails so we should not have any future problems related to those connections. They also installed a fan in one of our bedrooms, installed 7 recessed lights, two outdoor outlets, and two bathroom fans (vents were already in place when we had our roof replaced several years ago). They also cleaned up some funky wiring in the basement and garage and installed several new outlets and switches throughout our house.

12/14/2015

Anita M.

Description of Work
They installed flood lights outside our home and attached photocells to existing lights . They were the most prompt company I've ever worked with and "Jerry" was the most patient guy I've ever dealt with. I wasn't certain what I wanted (or needed ) and he gave me a few options and talked me through the choices. The owner was terrific, too, so friendly and helpful on the phone. They seemed so trustworthy, we are having them back this month to complete more work for us.( It was a lot of money but worth every penny.) That's the greatest endorsement we can give.

11/10/2015

Michael L.

Description of Work
They needed to fix a light and to run a 110 power line for our new kitchen range.

11/07/2015

joanne S.

.It went extremely well. I contacted Gibson electric On 11/03/2015 at 10:00 am. By that afternoon The called back with the price quote, my Husband accepted it and set the appointment for 11/06/2015 between 12 and 2 pm. Friday morning they called and wanted to know if they could come earlier. Joe showed up around 8 AM. Started the job and realized I had given the wrong measurement for three of the 5 heaters. No problem, he kindly called his boss who in return sent someone out with the correct size. By the time they got to my home, Joe had already replaced the two that were correct and the thermostat. Within 3 hours the job was done. Joe was the ultimate professional!!! Thank you GIBSON ELECTRIC

Description of Work
Remove and replace 5 electric baseboard heaters and replace one thermostat

08/28/2015

kathleen O.

Called for an estimate and appointment time. They offered several appointment times for my convenience. Two employees showed arrived, right on time, and went right to work installing a new attic fan. It took them a couple of hours to complete the job and tested everything to make sure it there were no issues before they left. Excellent job. I would definitely use the company again for any additional electrical work.

Description of Work
Installation of attic fan

Category electrician, ceiling fans

07/28/2015

Mattie G.

He was here on time. He was in and out. He was outstanding. He cleaned up and everything. He really didn't make a mess but he was really, really good.

Description of Work
He installed some over head lighting in my closet.

04/23/2015

CHARLES B.

04/09/2015

William H.

Came out at extremely short notice and checked wall switch and connected outlet and verified no issues. Found improper grounding of cable wire and splitters from cable company and corrected primary ground. Explained grounding errors and recommended course of action. Very professional and helpful. Will use again upon need.

Description of Work
Investigated tenants report of shock at light switch and issues with burnt out cable boxes.

12/23/2014

Lorraine D.

the service lasted about 2 hrs. they ran new lines from the house to detached garage & wired on a separate breaker in electrical box

Description of Work
re wired detached garage

05/06/2014

Camille W.

They did a very thorough and clean job.

Description of Work
I used the electrical service of Gibson Electrical & General Contractors Inc. They replaced my whole electrical box.

12/12/2013

Edric H.

I called and they gave the charges up front, which would be applied toward the fee of repair. He said I probably had an outdoor outlet. He found it, and found burn marks on the outlet, which was the issue I was causing the problem with my bathroom outlet. He replaced the outlet for me. I was satisfied. Very friendly guy. He was even remorseful for having to charge me the $160 fee, but I knew that cost upfront and was completely okay with that, knowing my house would not burn down.

Description of Work
I had an outlet that was not working. I reset the GIF, and that did not fix it. I tripped the circuit, and still did not fix it. I knew there was an arc problem so I called Gibson Electrical.

05/30/2013

Stephen A.

The electricians were not at the house very long. They were professional and prompt to our service call. However, the service call price is a little steep considering they really did not perform any work. This is a neighborhood business and we will probably use them again because of their professionalism.

Description of Work
Checked all circuit breakers and electrical lines to house because only half of the house had power. Problem turned out to be the electric provider and not a wiring issue.

02/11/2013

Earl P.

They were phenomenal and we're very happy. From the start they were nice people and they were on time. They were very, very, good. Their pricing was excellent and very reasonable. They worked with us and everything. We are going to be using them for some other things.

Description of Work
Gibson Electrical & General Contractors ran full electrical service to the back of my home and some buildings. They also did some electrical work in my home.

09/17/2012

Lowell H.

Did the work for the quoted price quickly and professionally. Could not ask for better.

Description of Work
Added two circuits to kitchen wiring to isolate refrigerator and microwave on their own circuits.

09/07/2012

Troy S.

Superb !!!! ..The electricians came out to install the main panel in 6 hours..and did a professional job !!!

Description of Work
Gibson Electric sent two electricians over today to replace my main panel. The owner of the company called me a day prior, and made last minute provisions to accommodate my request to have the project completed on Friday, September 7, 2012. The electricians arrived early to my house, and were very friendly, and knowledgeable about the main panel, and electrical circuitry. They didn't take any breaks, and worked safe, swift, and performed above- quality work. I really admire the work they did, and look forward to calling them back for future jobs in the near future.

02/03/2012

Dawn O.

I was very pleased with them. My neighbor recommended him to me. I had a great experience, they are very reliable, they are known throughout the Medford community and they have a good reputation. The workers who came out were on time and were very friendly. They answered some other questions for me in regards to some of my other questions. I was very happy with the service and I will use them again.

Description of Work
Gibson Electric put in a new microwave over my oven.

12/29/2011

Michael M.

They installed a couple of ceiling fans for us. They were friendly, good, and efficient. They were able to schedule a pretty quick booking. They were on time. They need a watchful eye.

Description of Work
I used the services of Gibson Electrical & General Contractors Inc. for ceiling fans. I last used them in May 2011.

Category ceiling fans

10/05/2011

Jess D.

The two men were waiting outside of my house 15 minutes before my appointment. They were professional and nice. They knew exactly what was wrong with the three issues I showed them. They began the work immediately and were very thorough. I have not had any problems since they left, and everything was fixed. I only gave them a B for professionalism because they did leave somewhat of a mess in each room (sawdust, dirt). However, overall, I was satisfied with their work, and I would use them again.

Description of Work
1.) Replaced old GFI switch that affected two other outlets. 2.) Replaced broken dimmer switch with new switch. 3.) Changed frequency on fan light that came on/off by itself.

04/12/2011

Allen F.

Scheduled service promptly. Arrived on time. Worked quickly. Good quality.

Description of Work
Installed light and fan in bathroom

04/02/2010

Carol M.

Everything was really good. It ended up being less expensive because they found that they did not have to do the work that they thought they were going to do. They fixed what I had and it ended up costing me less money and it was somewhere between $100 and $150. I have a very large outside light that lights up my entire back yard and it had not been working and I did not know if it needed a new bulb. When I spoke to the electrician, at first he thought I would need a new fixture and brought one and given me a price. When he came and saw what it was and told me that I would not be happy with the fixture that he brought because it was much smaller than what we had. He went up on the ladder and found that he could replace a part of the fixture and it wasn’t just the bulb but something else that was wrong. He replaced it and it is as good as new. They called back the same day and were here the next. They were very prompt and I am getting a list of other things to call them back in another month or so.

Description of Work
We used Gibson Electrical & General Contractors Inc. in January and he replaced the blood and a part of the fixture for my large back yard light.

05/14/2009

Keri B.

I had a problem with a dishwasher, Gibson came out and figured out why it had stopped working. It was a challenging job and they got it done quickly, and with a super high quality of work.

Description of Work
Gibson Electricians are the best. I have used them 3 times for simple repairs at my home. They always fit me in promptly, are courteous on the phone and in person. Most importantly they do quality work.

The Neighborhood Handyman

We are a professional handyman service (and so much more) that has 4 full time employees. We have been family owned for over 21 years offering high quality service and your complete satisfaction. *GIFT CARDS AVAILABLE* Call Steve or Rose 856-727-0528

Dalbey & Sons

30 year old union electrician looking for side work to help me buy my first home. New Jersey is tough but this is where I love to be. So let me take care of the state I love

Ruban Electric

We have two convenient Locations for you. One in Camden/Gloucester and one in Atlantic City each serving the surrounding communities. We understand that service interruptions are an inconvenience and cost you productivity, so we focus on providing expedient serviceto get you back online as soon as possible without risking the safety of your valuable electrical equipment. We are also absolutely committed to safety. Over the course of our company’s history, we have established a reputation for professionalism. Whether it’s a ceiling fan installation in your residence, a system upgrade for your commercial facilities or a design build project for your industrial complex, no job is too small or too big. Over the course of our company’s history, we have established an impeccable reputation for total professionalism. Philadelphia Location: 308 Almonesson Rd, Blackwood, NJ. Atlantic City/Cape May Location: 122 Lenape Avenue, Mays Landing, NJ. Please call one of our locations closest to you!

Offers by Ruban Electric on Angi

Maintain & repair fuse boxes, electric panel, vehicle chargers, HDTV, computer, telephone rewiring, pool & hot tub hook ups, generators, ceiling, exhaust fans, attic, lighting, bucket truck & property management.