Optimum Moving

Founded 2010 • With Angi since May 2013

Optimum Moving, LLC is New Jersey's most trusted moving company. Featuring a team of expertly trained professional New Jersey movers, Optimum Moving handles the most delicate of tasks with ease. Don't compromise the safety of your belongings - hire Optimum Moving today! Optimum Moving is a fully insured, licensed moving company with over 20 years of experience....

A Service Provider's profile image

+3 more images

movers (44)storage unit (2)

07/13/2021

Randy L.

They provided a professional and courteous bid. We just went with a different company that also included storage services.

Description of Work
"Moving estimate. "

Work Completed On 07/13/2021

11/04/2020

Aimee I.

Dealing with Optimum Moving LLC was very easy especially during a stressful time, such as a move. The contact person, Carlos was very understanding and helpful with the initial appointment set up. Johan, Walter, and Emilo were the three men who moved all of my things, seemingly with ease even though there was a lot of things. They packaged the furniture so well with moving blankets and cardboard, there were no issues with damage to any of the items. No damage was done to either home. The move occurred on Halloween and they navigated this large moving truck through a crowded neighborhood and dealt with the crowds professionally. They even finished ahead of the estimated time. It was a pleasure working with these gentlemen and I would recommend them to anyone who needs a professional moving company. I have passed their information along to my realtor so she can recommend them to her future clients as well.

Description of Work
move two large bedroom sets, treadmill, fireplace entertainment center, as well as many boxes.

Work Completed On 10/31/2020

10/24/2020

Sharon C.

We had an amazing move from White Plains, NY to Upper Saddle River, NJ especially during COVID. These guys were personable, reliable, hard working and reasonable. We used them for our move and for 4 storage days. Would use them again in a heartbeat. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Move from NY to NJ

Category moving companies, delivery service, storage units

Work Completed On 10/24/2020

10/13/2020

Deborah J.

They did a great job. Josh and crew were on time, professional and a pleasure to work with. They swept up and took there time to not damage either home while moving. I would recommend them to any one looking for movers.

Description of Work
Moving During Covid

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

08/03/2020

Thomas A.

Came to my house to review items to be moved. Gave us an estimate (high number) with items missing. We were very thorough and caught items off the list. Asked for revised contract...never heard from them again! Really feel jerked around and duped.

Description of Work
Needed items moved to house

Work Completed On 08/02/2020

Apologies for the mixup [Member Name Removed], that is very out of character for our sales staff and I’m saddened to hear that you feel jerked around. I wasn’t able to pull up your last name or anyone named [Member Name Removed] matching your project around the time frame of early Aug/all of July in our estimate calendar or in our moving software. I would very much like to find out who your estimator was to address this issue and make certain it doesn’t happen again. Any information would be appreciated. If you’d like I can be reached at 551-252-2201. Thank you! (SECOND ATTEMPT) I would very much like to find out who your salesperson was and find out the details of the situation you illustrated in your review. However I cannot find your name anywhere in our moving software, email, etc.. and none of the salespeople can either. Please call/text me at 551-252-2201 or email me direct at elvis@optimum-moving.com. Thank you, and again I apologize.

01/26/2020

Lei T.

They were professional and friendly. They took care of my furniture especially my upright piano.

Description of Work
Moving my furniture to a new location

Work Completed On 01/25/2020

12/14/2019

Teresa R.

I did not have a good experience, AT ALL! I hired Optimum because of the great reviews. Customer Service was friendly and attentive. They showed up on time. This was a split move because I was downsizing so a lot of items need to go into storage including an antique curio cabinet. I had most item marked so they could load the truck accordingly. I had clearly marked the fragile and top load boxes and plastic containers. The guys who were doing the carting out to the truck did not speak english. They just wanted to know home or storage. When they picked up the plastic containers, it was a toss from the floor, up and over their heads, landing UPSIDE DOWN on their backs. So out to the truck they went then the containers were flipped back upright. I assume the same was done the they got to the storage unit and my new apartment. When I signed the paperwork, the Forman told me that the customary tip is 20% and they preferred cash. I was really taken aback that he was telling me how much to tip. I felt it was unprofessional and took a lot of nerve. So, I go to the bank to get cash (which was my plan anyway). I withdrew the payment for the move in all 100's and the tip money in 20's, each in it's own envelope. When they were finished bring everything into the new place, I signed more paperwork and gave him the 2 envelopes. He counted the money for the move then he conveniently wanted to use my bathroom, where I had 2 very stressed cats. I told him the cats were in there and that there was a Quick Check ½ mile down the road but he was pretty insistent that I move the cats out of the bathroom so he could use it. First, NEVER use the customers bathroom, second, he should have gone to Quick Check and third, was he going in to count the tip money??? Did he take a cut or share evenly with the 2 guys who did all the work? Again, I was really taken aback and frankly ****** that he was so insistent on using the bathroom. When they first got to the initial location, he explained that they charge $8 for any packing blankets that they leave (i.e., antique curio going into storage) and that if/when you return them, they will refund $4 each. I said ok but only use them on the curio. When they were done, the Forman told me that they didn't use any blankets on the curio and that it is in storage wrapped in plastic!!! W H A T??? That cannot be good for the wood and I cannot get to it to unwrap it. It is now also more susceptible to breaking if something slides or shifts when I move the stuff out of storage. Overall, the job got done but I would not use them again...

Description of Work
In state move, partial to storage, balance to new apartment

Category moving companies, storage units

Work Completed On 11/27/2019

07/06/2019

Alan S.

The move went much more smoothly than I expected. Josh and his team were very professional and well organized. They did an initial walkthrough verifying all of the items to be moved against the contract and assigning a team member to each room. It worked so well. The move was accomplished very quickly with no issues. I would highly recommend this team and this company.

Description of Work
Local move

Work Completed On 07/05/2019

06/20/2019

William J.

Optimum moved us from NJ to NC in May. Moving can be traumatic, but Kris and his efficient crew kept us mellow. Everything arrived on-time and unbroken. This was our second move with Optimum, the first one local to NJ. We highly recommend Elvis and the staff of Optimum Moving.

Description of Work
Move Household Goods

Work Completed On 05/07/2019

04/11/2019

Maryann F.

It went perfectly. They were right on time. They worked quickly and carefully to pack everything. Then they were equal efficient unloading everything at my new home. Very professional and courteous.

Description of Work
They moved my furniture and belongings to my new home.

Work Completed On 03/29/2019

03/08/2019

Jacob D.

Fantastic. They were responsive, punctual, hard working, and courteous. Elvis and Dayvon are great to work with. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Needed to move out of my house on very short notice into temporary housing. I called Elvis on a Friday night for a full house move 3 days later. The team showed up on time and were extremely professional and courteous. Worked all day to get my stuff into a storage facility nearby (Westy’s). We were running late and Westy’s was willing to stay open a half hour beyond normal closing time, because of their great relationship with Optimum moving.

Work Completed On 02/18/2019

09/16/2018

Christopher S.

Davon & Walter showed up on time - called beforehand. Very professional and clear communication. When it came to moving an old - large - heavy couch out of a rental property, they did a great job. Who knows how it got into the place originally - they tried taking the door off to no avail. Eventually then took the couch out through the first story window. They put everything back (door, window) as they had found it with no damage to anything. They even helped me move a cabinet down to the basement when they saw me struggling to do it alone. No griping, no complaining - they worked fast and efficiently. They got the job done. Price was fair.

Description of Work
Moved 1 large, vintage couch

Work Completed On 09/16/2018

08/06/2018

Kerry S.

We had a long distance move from NJ to VT and I called three different places for quotes. Optimum was very competitive and I liked their "no bed bug" guarantee. They promptly came to our house to provide an estimate and the estimate was provided in a timely manner. They explained everything to me and were flexible in making updates to our inventory as we got closer to our move (ie changes in number of boxes, etc). We were sending some items to storage and some to our new place, so it was a bit more complicated than some other moves. They were accommodating, but did add a charge for stopping at our storage unit. On the day of the move they were prompt and sent a crew of three which worked out great. The foreman, Davon, was great, very professional and knew how to manage the complicated move. The rest of the crew, Juan and Wilson, were also great. Super nice and professional. I felt that they were careful with our items and took care in boxing and wrapping. They delivered the next day and were just as efficient with moving our items into our new place and setting things up for us. I wouldn't hesitate to hire them again, in fact when we need our items that are in storage, Optimum will be the first place I call!

Description of Work
Long distance move - NJ to VT

Work Completed On 07/26/2018

07/19/2018

Alicia M.

All the moving was done in a timely fashion. Carefully packed the items I couldn't box. Salomon, Marvin and Davon did a good job.

Description of Work
Moving from Monmouth County to Newark

Work Completed On 07/03/2018

07/05/2018

Jackie D.

Great moving crew! Arrived on time and were quick and courteous. Davon, Tyson, Juan, Jackson, and Ambrocion packed our furniture and items with the utmost care. They are true professionals and experts at packing and moving! We are definitely hiring them again next time. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Packing Furniture and Home Goods and Moving

Work Completed On 07/05/2018

06/24/2018

Larry B.

Josh and crew were great. Wrapped everything .. unwrapped .. so fast .. clean and professional .. I don't think any move has been this easy .. really want to thank Optimum and Josh.

Description of Work
Moving from townhouse to house.

Work Completed On 06/24/2018

05/23/2018

Roderick C.

On time, helpful, professional, efficient - and anything else you could ask for!

Description of Work
Residential Move

Work Completed On 05/23/2018

05/16/2018

Mary M.

Josh & his crew'were great. They packed EVERYTHING in my home and transported it with care. We are still unpacking but so far everything has been great!! Lovely team and I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Moving from nj to ny

Work Completed On 05/16/2018

05/01/2018

Chris B.

Josh and his crew our incredible, they were very careful and fast. They covered and moved everything in the exact rooms in the new house. Very nice guys. Josh is an awesome supervisor. They put everything back together for me I could not ask for better movers. I will recommend them very highly to everyone I know who needs movers

Description of Work
House movers

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

04/30/2018

Dia P.

They are a great company! I was very satisfied with the owner, Justin Rokach, who assuaged my nervousness about moving, and the professional team of movers he sent. Everything went smoothly, nothing was broke, they worked fast,and were very nice. I will definately recommend this company! The price was exactly what my estimate showed, too.

Description of Work
I moved from one apt in Fort Lee, NJ to another in same town.

Work Completed On 04/27/2018

04/22/2018

jennifer E.

Today Josh and his crew. Moving out of a 4 bedroom house. They did a fantastic job.

Description of Work
Packing and moving.

Work Completed On 04/22/2018

04/12/2018

Teresa R.

Josh and crew were exemplary, quick and efficient. They arrived earlier than expected and kept in mind the elevator restrictions upon delivery. Not a thing was damaged and throughout the whole move they kept smiles on their faces and a positive attitude. So happy I went with Optimum moving. Stress free and easy. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Full house move

Work Completed On 04/12/2018