Scaldino Basement Solutions

Founded 2004 • With Angi since November 2010

41 Murray Street

RAHWAY, NJ 07065

Scaldino Basement Solutions is a family owned and operated basement waterproofing company founded by Nicholas Scaldino. After being trained as a mason and successfully owning a family run masonry business, Nicholas realized the need to help customers with waterproofing solutions. It was from this idea that Scaldino Basement Solutions was founded over 10 years ago. Our goal is providing families a healthy and safe home. Every free inspection and quote is handled by the owner Nicholas Scaldino. We never use scare tactics as a way of doing business. A customer will never have to sit through a sales pitch or presentation. Each customer will receive individualized care and a recommendation to fix ONLY what is needed. Our Lifetime Transferable Warranty provides customers with peace of mind knowing that their basement will stay dry. Scaldino Basement Solutions is a member of the Basement Health Association. Quality, honesty, and integrity are three of Scaldino Basement Solutions core values. Our primary focus has been to acquire and utilize the very best foundation waterproofing and repair materials available in the industry. As a commitment to our customers we exclusively use Grate Products....

10/03/2019

Mark E.

Pretty good overall. Estimator recommended additional French drain on an inside wall which didn't need it. After discussion we had a better plan, was basically about 60 ft of drain to existing sump. Work crew was typical, with both skilled and unskilled workers in it, but left minor debris in places I didn't notice until they were gone; I cleaned it up. Details included a few small open drain grilles, which are fragile plastic and not installed neatly, but I guess they'll do. Company was responsive. Office was polite. Drain is probably good overall, but not yet tested by severe weather. A competitor's estimate was slightly higher.

Description of Work
French drain in crawlspace

06/29/2019

Cheryl H.

We could not be happier with Scaldino Basement. Excellent service from start to finish. Fast appointment and they were able to accommodate our emergency situation. Nick went above and beyond assisting us. Rob "Sump Pump Geek" came out on Holiday Weekend to replace our pump to keep us dry until drains were installed. Excellent people to work with.

Description of Work
Waterproofing

06/29/2019

Cheryl H.

Very Happy with work provided by Johnny and crew. We always had a "lake " in our yard and Nick provided excellent solution by installing dry wells. Problem Solved. We can use our yard again. Thanks Scaldino

Description of Work
Outside Drainage

Category wells

06/27/2019

Robert M.

Excellent. Mitch came to our home to give honest inspection. He reviewed my home inspection report and provided solutions which solved our problem. This is my 2nd time using Scaldino for my rental home based on excellent work in my Colonia property.

Description of Work
Waterproofing

02/05/2019

jim B.

Horribly, the representative Isaiah from Scaldino incorrectly diagnosed the problem of my water as ground water form possibly underground springs. I waited 3 weeks and then was again delayed the day of the work. The work took 8 hours (was promised 3) and lefty with a hole in my wall unfinished. The sump pump was also examined by another contractor and was not installed to empty into the waste pipes but into my street via my gutter and letters. The problem persisted within 3 days and the contractor has no remedy except to try and seal a crack ib my foundation believed to be the source of the problem. However, once properly diagnosed the water stemmed from a broken pipe in my wall. So after 3 weeks, exhaustive waiting, sloppy work and a cost of $2,000.00 the problem still persisted until another professional correctly found the broken pipe. This company has no reliability nor would I ever recommend them for their workmanship.

Description of Work
Waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing

Hello [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry if you feel Isaiah diagnosed your problem wrong. It is hard when a homeowner like yourself has a finished basement. Isaiah asked you all the symptoms you saw and came to the conclusion it was groundwater seeping through. As a waterproofing company we can not demo finished walls to look behind so we have to go with what the homeowner sees. Our job was installed 100% correctly. It is illegal to connect a sump pump to the waste line and we won't do it for a number of reasons. Your job was never delayed and we did it the date that was on the contract as stated. Furthermore, If you would've contacted us earlier after the problem persisted as stated we would've gladly helped you in any way we can. Please feel free to contact us anytime to rectify your situation. We look forward to hearing from you.

10/04/2018

Robin & Gabriele D.

The company was very responsive and we had an appointment for an estimate with Mitch Weiss within a day. We were at the estimate-gathering phase of our project and had been told by another contractor (who had installed a replacement sump-pump in that crawl-space) that the space was in a condition that needed action soon (which they would provide for around $5000). Meeting Mitch was truly a pleasure, we discussed the crawl-space, its condition and what action we would need. He told us that he could sell us something but that he would not be able to sleep at night because our crawl space was in good condition and didn't need any waterproofing (the only thing we might want to think of at some stage might be replacing the current standard insulation mats with moisture-repelling ones). He talked us through what he saw and under which conditions action would be needed (should they ever occur). We were deeply impressed with this level of honesty. Despite not using Scaldino right now (as no action is needed), Mitch's honesty and professionalism has won us over and they will be the first ones we will call if we need a basement waterproofing job done.

Description of Work
Crawl-space waterproofing/insulation

08/30/2018

Robert M.

I called Scaldino Basement to evaluate a flooding problem we were experiencing. After speaking with Debbi in office we knew we were on the right track. Nick came out and evaluated our home and provide an excellent solution. His team worked long and hard to stop the leaks and prevent any further issues. Thanks Scaldino for being such a well rounded professional company.

Description of Work
Waterproofing

12/22/2017

Ken P.

Scaldino Basement Solutions did a great job waterproofing my basement. Office help was great as well as the workmen who were on time, polite and did great work. Everything went as planned and they cleaned up everything at the end of the job. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofed

09/12/2017

yamina C.

Excellent work, excellent service, reasonable price.

Description of Work
replacement of sump pump and related drainage

Category basement waterproofing, wells

06/12/2017

Ellen B.

All of the work was carried out as promised. The crew was responsive to our needs and answered all our questions.

Description of Work
Installed sump pumps in 2 crawl spaces. Installed a vapor barrier in recreation room and connected to existing french drain.

Category basement waterproofing, wells

06/12/2017

Donna W.

Excellent people to work with from the office if you have questions to the workers themselves. I can't say enough about the hard working team that worked tirelessly... friendly, clean, and knowledgeable.. what more can you ask for!

Description of Work
I needed a French drain installed on the entire perimeter of my basement

02/08/2016

Kurt P.

Nick was great. The crew was great. Fantastic result! Could not be happier!

Description of Work
Installed a new French drain, sump pump and drainage pit in my 13' x 17' square foot basement which had never previously had a sump pump.

02/06/2016

. ..

We are very happy with the way our basement turned out. Nick is very professional and a pleasure to work with. For the basement finishing, he contracted Choma Corp to do most of the work. There were a few hiccups along the way but Nick corrected the issues immediately as he oversaw the project. The electrical was done by Hamid of Assurance Electrical and we were very pleased with his work as well. The project did take over two months to complete but it was worth it in the end. Again, we are very satisfied with the work performed and look forward to enjoying our new basement!

Description of Work
Basement Finishing excluding the french drain

Category remodeling, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, basement remodeling

01/22/2016

Anastasiya K.

We had a great experience with Nick and team. We bought a home and subsequently found out that ground water seeps into the basement when it rains. We brought in several companies for an estimate, and were concerned as some of the estimates were north of $9K. Nick came and gave us a very competitive estimate, was able to start the work quickly, and his team worked quickly to minimize the inconvenience. Not only that, Nick also agreed to include waterproofing the stairs leading into the basement at no extra cost. Thus far, everything works as advertised! Glad we went with Scaldino!

Description of Work
Complete basement waterproofing - remove tile and half of wall, dig trench, install French drain system and sump pump, etc.

11/02/2015

Dana G.

After reading the reviews on Angie's list and receiving an estimate from Nick, the owner of Scaldino, I decided to go with Scaldino Basement versus another competitor. I am very happy that I did. I had the whole basement waterproofed. Which consisted of a new sump pump, french drain system, dehumidifier, drain pipe installation, etc. The workers were very professional, courteous and prompt. Nick the owner was very pleasant and answered all my questions. The company did a great job and they completed my job within the time frame Nick said it would take. I am so pleased and thrilled with my basement! I highly recommend them. They were excellent!

Description of Work
Complete waterproofing of basement.

09/09/2015

Steve N.

Outstanding inquiry response; superb verification of appointment dates; excellent quotation for work needed; diligent attention to needed work detail

Description of Work
Corrected sump line discharge from other basement waterproofer and connect 02 gutter downspouts to sump line and discharged all to street.

08/31/2015

Phyllis U.

Nick and his men arrived on time and were very professional. They kept everything as tidy as possible while working outside & made it easy to come in & out of the house during the day. Everything went extremely well

Description of Work
Corrected prior work done to enclose basement window that was leaking – Re-cemented window and installed a vapor barrier. Removed existing pavers around the driveway & walkway – removed old mortar & concrete – removed all debris - Replaced concrete/mortar – installed new pavers around driveway and walkway.

06/15/2015

Anthony B.

Excellent work!!

Description of Work
Cemented broken base of foundation block and fill. Cleaned out French drain.

04/27/2015

Mary D.

They arrived as planned, asked if they could use my driveway, very polite and professional. Nick arrived to make sure everything was going as planned. I left them and went to work. On the second day, same time, they were very careful with everything. Nick is very considerate, very helpful with answering any concerns. All in all, excellent in every way. Would recommend to anyone. Thank you so much.

Description of Work
Supply and install french drain system and sump pump

02/09/2015

Steve K.

Scaldino subcontracted out to Chomacorp (Mel Menji) whose crew did the basis framing. Chomacorp then subcontracted out the plumbing, electrical and sheetrock. The Plumber, according to the permit, was Louis Santos of Supreme Plumbers. However, 1) plumber failed inspection twice, and 2) I had to get a new plumber to finish the job before the City of Plainfield would come back out a third time. Louis Santos never came out to the house to do the work and claimes to be unaware of the project, he does not know how his name was used for the permit. The best that I can determine is that Chomacorp knowingly hired an unlicensed individual to do the plumbing work. It remains a mystery as to how Supreme Plumbers' name was used on the permit application. Total project delay was about 4 weeks because of plumbing inspection issues. Lastly, Chomacorp never came out to the house to finish items that they agreed to.

Description of Work
Basement Reno Basement Waterproofing

Category basement remodeling

(removed member name), We do apologize for any dissatisfaction you may have towards your Basement Finishing Renovation however, it was brought to your attention, prior to signing the contract, that ChomaCorp would be handling the basement Reno as we only handle basement waterproofing. When these issues were brought to our attention, we addressed them in a timely manner. Any delays in the project were due to the Township and not workmanship. In trying to satisfy you throughout the process, money was discounted from the original total and upgrades in the amount of $5,000 were given at no additional charge. Again, we do apologize for any work you feel was unsatisfactory and if you have any additional comments, concerns or questions, please feel free to give us a call. Regards, Nick Scaldino Scaldino Basement Solutions (908) 494-2027

01/30/2015

Geoffrey H.

I hired Scaldino Basement Solutions to gut and remodel my basement. My home was built in 1925 so you can imagine how old everything was; not to mention the basements at that time weren't designed to be a usable family space. Scaldino works with Choma Corp for all the basement work. They have done an exceptional job and I am thrilled with the end results. Mel, owner of Choma Corp, is extremely patient and will work with you on last minute design changes. We had all our piping (gas & water) re-routed through the beams, installed a new bathroom, added a new window, replaced all the existing windows, built a custom walk in closet, pantry, laundry room and work room, living room, installed new doors, framing, electrical work, leveling floor, sheet rock and painting. This was no easy job! Mel and his crew are very skilled in basement remodeling and I would highly recommend them for your basement needs.

Description of Work
Remodel Basement

01/30/2015

Geoffrey H.

I hired Scaldino Basement Solutions to waterproof and remodel my basement and I couldn't be happier with the work (see my other update for the basement remodeling job). Nick was prompt, professional and gave me an estimate right on the spot. He stuck to the dates provided and finished up in three days as stated. Since I hired Scaldino to remodel my basement they also gutted my entire basement during the three days so it might take less time if you are not having that done. The crew worked fast and cleaned up after the job was completed. If you want good quality work I highly recommend Scaldino Basement Solutions. The price indicated includes a battery backup ($950) and basement demo ($850).

Description of Work
Waterproof Basement

Category basement waterproofing, basement remodeling

09/14/2014

LORI G.

We had gotten 2 estimates from large water proofing companies before I found Scaldino on Angie's List. The price was very reasonable compared to other two and I'm glad we chose Nick instead. He was very accommodating and answered all my questions; immediately responded to all emails and and provided additional information when needed. The job took 2 full days and the crew was great. No complaints at all and I would certainly recommend to others.

Description of Work
Installed French drains around the entire interior perimeter of our basement along with an electric and back-up battery sump pump

09/04/2014

D C.

Worked for three days. Minimum dust and noise. Very friendly crew. Boss, Nick came to site every day to check up and answer any concerns we had. Cleaned up afterwards before leaving. Will definitely recommend to others.

Description of Work
Installed french drain in basement.

Category drain pipe

08/15/2014

Thomas M.

There is literally nothing critical I could say about Scaldino basement solutions! Professional from start to finish, good communication, patient, and most importantly, good quality and EFFECTIVE! The day after the work was finished, we had major thunderstorms and had a flash warning throughout the area. Our basement stayed dry as a bone, and has continued to be entirely dry for months after that. I had 2 other quotes - Scaldino's was the least expensive (but all were within about $1000 of each other). There was another company whose owner was a great salesman, and I was very tempted to go with him, but I relied more on the overwhelmingly positive reviews of Scaldino. I'm very glad I did! Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Installed French drain settings basement perimeter, New battery backup sump pump.

Charles & Son Construction & Landscaping Inc

Charles & Sons Construction & Landscaping is one of the premier full service landscaping companies in the Essex/Union/Morris/Passaic county areas. Our services include landscape design,hardscape installation, patios, walkway, driveway masonry contractor, Low voltage lighting, and tree removal. Our experienced landscapers guarantee clean, prompt service. Charles & Sons Construction & Landscaping currently employees 15 professionals, so no job is too big or too small. We have a large assortment of professional equipment, We run background checks on all of our landscaping professionals.

All County Waterproofing

All County Waterproofing is New Jersey's industry leader in Waterproofing, Mold Remediation and Foundation Repair. We have been proudly serving NJ residents since 2009. We offer a wide variety of solutions to help ensure the health of your family and home. We have affordable pricing along with monthly payment options if needed, at Zero Interest. We also offer the best 2 homeowner transferrable warranty in the industry along with a full-service department.

Healthy Way Waterproofing & Mold Remediation LLC

Healthy Way is a leader in foundation (basement & crawlspace) waterproofing, mold testing and remediation, structural repair, insulation and remodeling. We service all of New Jersey with offices in Wall Township and Hoboken. Our dedicated certified staff is trained in the latest technology and methods for solving your water, mold and foundation problems and protecting your home or building for years to come. At Healthy Way we understand that no two water, mold, or structural problems are the same. Therefore, we will not offer you a "cookie-cutter" solution to your unique problem. Our technicians have repaired more than four thousand foundations - each with its own unique challenges and solutions. That's why we only offer a 100% solution or we do not do the work! Our owner, Robert Lanfrank, has been in the industry for more than 23 years. Healthy Way employs more than 20 people. We do not sub-contract any of our work. In addition to General Liability Insurance we carry Pollution Liability Insurance which is the only insurance that protects our clients against the growth or cross-contamination of mold and bacteria. We accept all major credit cards and offer payment plans such as no payments, no interest up to 18 months or low, fixed interest rate loans.

Scaldino Basement
    13VH06108300
    NJ
    03/31/2017
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

Basement & Crawl Space Waterproofing, Moisture Control, Sump Pumps, Foundation Repair, Outdoor Drainage, Mold Remediation & Basement Finishing.