Kovach Roofing

Founded 1936 • With Angi since September 2009

4.3

225 Boulevard

Pompton Plains, NJ 07444

Residential and commercial new roofs, tear offs, re-roofing, flat roofs, shingles, ridge vents, tile and slate roofing, chimney repairs & flashing, skylight repairs, wood shingles, sky light, cedar roofs, leaders & gutters repairs....

05/17/2021

Dalia M.

The work was wonderful, This is the 3rd time I've used them since 1970.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

02/23/2017

Joseph A.

I was very pleased with them. They were very prompt and right priced. Their price was comparative. They recommended the best and most appropriate liner that was not the most expensive. They fit me in immediately. There were no complaints. Everything was very good.

Description of Work
They installed a chimney liner. They did some pointing on the chimney gratis.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

04/01/2016

Jose B.

Work was well done. Jay and Lorie were punctual, professional, and did a great job.

Description of Work
Performed fascia and soffit repair work as a result of heavy wind storm that occurred.

09/01/2015

Robert D.

Prompt response and quotation. Work done on schedule. Entire transaction was handled professionally. Very satisfied with the results.

Description of Work
New sub roof, shingles and gutters on one car garage

05/04/2015

Frances G.

Showed up as scheduled. Quoted us a price of $260 to repair the loose fascia and did work with my approval over the phone. Biggest part of job was having to set up the ladder and climb a few times to get to different area's of soffit to put in a few nails. He was there about 30-45 minutes. Left a bill with my wife which I paid the next day by calling in a credit card.

Description of Work
Repaired fascia on soffit that was coming apart.

12/05/2014

Corey S.

It wasn’t expensive; it was a very fair price. I remember being happy with the guys that came out here, I don’t think I was very pleased with the guy at the office desk. The guys that came up to work here did everything right.

Description of Work
They put in one new gutter. They fixed a leak in one of my skylights.

Category gutter repair, skylights

08/02/2014

VIncent M.

We were very happy with their responsiveness. They returned our call promptly, they dispatched someone to service the roof, he inspected the job and did the repairs the SAME afternoon.

Description of Work
Performed repairs, to stop roof leaking during heavy rains.

03/04/2014

Margaret C.

Technician took photographs of problem areas on the roof Technician showed us the repairs that needed to be made Technician made the following repairs Installed new slate with copper nails Installed copper bibs where needed Secured the ridge metal and sealed nails Reinstalled the gutters with new hardware. Removed all debris

Description of Work
Repaired roof by adding slate where slate was knocked off by sliding snow and ice.

09/16/2013

Inna Y.

The roofer was punctual, did all the work that was promised, and was courteous.

Description of Work
he fixed various issues with my roof.

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney caps

07/29/2013

Denice K.

The estimate and work were excellent, very professional. They left a large tarp in our backyard for which I called 3x in 2 weeks before they picked it up. That is the reason for a lowergrade on resonsiveness and professionalism.

Description of Work
replace roof

02/13/2013

linda S.

After receiving an inspection and subsequent proposal, with no reply from the office we made numerous (8-10 phone calls and/or emails) efforts to contact Kovach to finalize/schedule our roof work. Before too long it became increasingly obvious this just wasn't going to happen! It got so bad we actually left a message with Margaret to have the owner, Joseph Kovach, call us and that too DID NOT HAPPEN.... We are so perplexed over this unbelievable incident we felt we just had to do this review....

Description of Work
Services have not been performed through no fault of our own!

11/27/2012

ROBIN T.

got a good quote...work performed well as far as I couid see...cleanup was good...

Description of Work
slate roof repair...replacement of all missing and broken slates...full roof inspection

10/23/2012

Peter E M.

I signed the contract and faxed it back (at Margaret's suggestion) on Oct.3. Two weeks later I called because I had not gotten a start date. Margaret said that she would find out and get back to me. She called back and said that Mr. Kovack (owner) had to inspect the site first. I called back the next day and she said that there had been a mistake in measuring the roof and that the price would now be $20,450 instead of the original $16950. She told me that I must have known that the price was too low based on other bids. It was lower, but the highest bid included a number of extras (including hand nailing) that I didn't really need. This price was about the same as the middle bid of my three but I decided to stay with them because they could start right away. She fed-exd the new contract and asked me to return it with my deposit (10/19). I called on Monday 10/22 to tell her that I was sending the signed contract back but that I had been told that the deposit wasn't due until the work started. She interrupted me to tell me that she ws sorry but there had been another mistake on the second contract and that the price of the gutters was $4000 higher than what was included in the estimate (they did not break down the prices on the second contract). I am not sure whether they are just careless or are dishonest but either way I would not trust them to do work on my house. I am sitting here with two written contract proposals, neither of which they are prepared to honor. Be careful!!

Description of Work
I called Kovach Roofing on 9/24/2012 to get an estimate for a replacement roof and gutters. Appointment set for 9/25 and Larry came (even early). I described what I wanted done and he walked around the house and took measurements. He wrote up an estimate for $16,950. That was lower than 2 other estimates that I had received so I asked for a projected start date if I decided to go ahead. He said that it would be about 2 weeks out. He said that the deposit (50% deposit and 50% on completion) would not be due until the start date.

10/01/2012

Michael S.

A roofing company (found through Angie's List) gave me an estimate of $2500 to repair my roof. I was skeptical and found Kovac Roofing through the Better Business Bureau. I called Kovac and they were at my house within a few days. Their estimate to do the required work was $650. I agreed and they commenced work on the spot. I could not be more satisfied with the friendly service I received, the price, and the quality of work performed. When it comes time to replace my roof (which I hope is no time soon) Kovac will be the first company I call for an estimate.

Description of Work
Repair and re-shinglng of a "valley" in the roof, sealing cracks in chimney, re-flashing chimney, and cleaning lower gutters.

08/21/2012

Elizabeth S.

It was the first time we had used them. There was some difficulty having them commit to a date, but they got the job done quickly once they were out here. And we haven't have any issues since.

Description of Work
They replaced the whole roof and gutters.

08/08/2012

Robert P.

The price is pretty good. They had to come back twice because it was still leaking. I understand the roof is worn-out and it needs to be replaced. That is going to be our next job.

Description of Work
I used Kovach Roofing Inc for repairing an area of the roof that was leaking.

01/13/2012

David M.

Set up an appointment for an estimate which took 2 weeks. The date was 12/17. The owners son came and we went up on the rook to look at the issue. He pointed to several reasons why the leak could be occuring in my family room. The take away was to do a section replacement. From one ridge line to another. We also talked about a full roof replacement. Something I am considering. He said he would price that up as well. He left after an hour and had my information and said that he would send a quote by email that evening. It never came and I called the office the follwing Wednesday and spoke to the receptionist/office manager and she would relay the information. Still nothing. I called again and got the same person three days later and she said I gave him the message. My response was I guess the owners son does not care much about the business. I was not happy and would not recommend them to anyone nor would I call them again. Not the way to treat customers.

Description of Work
Estimate only. No services done.

11/05/2011

Lori S.

Their representative came out and gave us a great estimate. We were not ready to sign the contract that day, but faxed a signed contract to them two days later. We were told we would be called to have the job scheduled. Well we were never called to schedule the job. After we called their office many times and were told the owner would contact us, we gave up after a month. We would never recommend this company.

Description of Work
None

10/26/2011

massimo B.

They were very professional and very patient. I will definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
They came out to give me an estimate for roofing and chimney repair.

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair

10/18/2011

Vee R.

Called the company and they gave me a date that someone would be here to give me an estimate to fix a roof shingle on the garage and reseal the skylites. Glenn showed up on time and gave me a verbal estimate. He said he would get back to me to set up an appointment. I waited about 2 weeks and did not hear from him. I called again and explained the situation. They said he would be here on Tuesday 10/17/2011. I called the day before to reconfirm and was told they could not give me a time but he would be here and I did not need to be home. He never came and no one called. They called me the morning after I sent this report and said they would be there the next day - first thing in the morning. = They arrived about 1pm I am satisfied with the work and the price. I

Description of Work
They replaced the shingle onl the garage roof and resealed the skylites

10/03/2011

Kevin T.

My rating is based solely on the fact that this roofer first missed his appointment to inspect the job on Saturday. After giving him a buffer of 45 minutes past the later end of the appointment range I called the office and was first cut off then subsequently put on hold interminably. I followed up with a phone call on Monday and was assured by the person answering the phone that an and quot;associateand quot; would call me back with an explanation of what went wrong. No call. I'm a big believer in and quot;You never get a second chance to make a first impression.and quot; There are any number of reasons why the appointment may have been missed, but the blatant disregard for my time and the lack of follow up sends up a major red flag for me. I don't know how good or bad they may have been, but given my experience, I'd never consider using this contractor, regardless of all the positive reviews.

Description of Work
Never got an estimate.

09/06/2011

tom H.

Contacted Kovach in March to come and provide estimate. Estimate was done and was a reasonable ~300 dollars. I knew it was a small job so told the individual that I understood they would probablt need to schedule me along with other work. Had no issue with being patient but after not hearing anything for two months I called them back. Appeared they forgot me, apologized and said they would get me on the schedule. Called again in July, appeared they forgot me again (getting the picture?) but apologized and promised to come that week. Could not give me a date but said for sure they would be there. All week I tried to schedule so I could be around but week came and went with no repair and no phone calls. After Hurricane Irene I had more internal damage from the leak so called again. They apologized again and promised to be there last Friday, before Labor Day. Took off work and waited around all day, at 4:30 I called and told them nobody had come yet and I was not happy this was happening again - they told me the day wasn't over yet (yeah right) and promised to find out an ETA and call me back. NOTHING Don't waste your time, very nice people but clearly have no organizational skills. Customer that wants to do a job (albeit a small one) and they had no ability to schedule or give me any information that I could trust. Called them this morning and cancelled the work. All I can say is that I would assume a large job would go the same, DO NOT recommend them at all. Take your business somewhere that values the Customer Experience.

Description of Work
Had a roof leak from a spring storm. Roof is in good shape but needed to seal some areas

08/02/2011

Mike V.

The rep came out the next day, inspected the roof, discussed my problems and said he would email me an estimate the following week. The email address was the only thing he wrote down--no details about any of what we discussed. The estimate never arrived, nor was I called back.

Description of Work
I requested an estimate for roof and gutter repair.

07/17/2011

Ben S.

I received estimates from 3 separate companies. The first came in at $1200 and was not willing to schedule a time when I was home to do the estimate. The second came in at $700 or $750, seemed knowledgeable, and possibly would have done a good job. I hired Kovach because I was impressed with Larry, his methodical approach and neatly written and precise proposal. Even though they were slightly more than the lower bidder, there was a professionalism that I appreciated and I was willing to pay a little extra to ensure the job was done right. The communication and coordination with Margaret at the office was also very good. The job was done quickly and efficiently, and I'm very happy with my choice.

Description of Work
1. Remove rear upper gutter L section. 2. Remove approx. 2 feet of shingles from edge of roof. 3. Install ice and water shield. 4. Reshingle with new GAF foxhollow gray shingles. 5. Cut valley in. 6. Remove soffit under same section of roof. 7. Install white vented soffit. 8. Reinstall gutter. 9.Caulk window with silicone white caulking. 10.Clean both fireplace and furnace flue pipes. 11.Clean base of fireplace. 12.Check base of furnace pipe. 13.Reseal and renail both lower and upper chimney flashings.

06/28/2011

Denise S.

I called this company in May despite the fact that they had 3 F ratings on Angie's List. Every rating prior was excellent so since they were local and had a good reputation, I figured they may be having some family related problems. They did come out for an estimate very quickly. The price compared to others we received was excellent. It did take a while for them to finally come out and fix our gutters but I guess the guy did a good job. Lots of rain lately and everything is holding up. Very responsive office staff; if you call they answer or call you back. They did apologize for having been a little slow; they had many jobs backed up because of the bad weather (winter and spring).

Description of Work
Yankee (box gutters) repair.

Approved Chimney LLC

Approved Chimney was established by Vick Jakupi to provide outstanding service to both residential and commercial clients with all their chimney needs. Starting out more than 11 years ago his experience and expertise has earned him the credentials from CSIA (Chimney Safety institute of America). Acquiring the proper licenses and certifications has put his business at the highest level in chimney services. At Approved Chimney we believe in the highest customer satisfaction when concerning all chimney needs. From the annual sweeping to the most enhanced relining or rebuilding of chimneys in New Jersey area. All of our technicians are trained and Certified Liner installers and work closely with the home owners in understanding of step by step procedures of the work taking place.

Ryan & Son Chimneys

As an industry leader Bill Ryan has served on Boards of Directors for the past 17 years and is a Nationwide instructor of Chimney Inspections, chimney repair and chimney related technical classes. Ryan and Son Chimneys is a full service chimney company specializing in Chimney inspection (level 1, 2 and 3) chimney and fireplace restoration, chimney liners, caps, repairs, installations. Fireplace, wood and pellet stove installations. Pellet, gas and wood appliance service. Consulting, expert witness and hearth and chimney design services.

Walsh Chimney

Walsh Chimney is a full service chimney company that services all of New Jersey. We have Immediate Mobile Response Units standing by throughout New Jersey to serve you as quickly as possible. Our goal is to provide you the quality service and satisfaction you deserve by providing quality workmanship, honest and expert analysis on your chimney and most of all a fair and competitive price on any of your chimney needs including sweeping, cleaning, repair and more. At Walsh Chimney we believe it is important to educate our customers on our products and services during their decision making process and will help them every step of the way. That's why we've provided our customers with this website which has a wealth of information about us and the chimney services we proudly provide. We hope you find all the information you need and if you don't, please contact us and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. We have the knowledge and experience to make sure your job is done right the first time by our qualified chimney personnel. We are Certified Environmental Cleaning Technicians, Members of the PWNA, Members of The National Chimney Sweep Guild, NCSG, Members Of New Jersey Chimney Sweep Guild, Fort Lee Chamber Of Commerce, Accredited A+ Members Of The Better Business Bureau, Members Of The National Fire Protection Association, NFPA, Angie's List & The HPBA Additional DBA Walsh Chimney. Additional contact:(C) 201-394-3400, toll free 1-800-944-6070 and Fax 201-592-7348

Residential and commercial new roofs, tear offs, re-roofing, shingles, ridge vents, tile and slate roofing, chimney repairs & flashing, skylight repairs, wood shingles, sky light, cedar roofs, leaders & gutters repairs.

roofing