Friedrich Heating & A/C

Founded 1972 • With Angi since February 2009

Po Box 337

Pitman, NJ 08071

We are a small local company that has been in business for 42 years, we have 8 employees. We accept cash, check & all major credit cards....

04/23/2018

Dale W.

Excellent staff and very satisfied.

Description of Work
Replaced heater and A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for the positive words!! Call us if you need anything.

03/27/2018

Scott M.

Friedrich H & A/C was very professional with us from beginning to present. Their price was fair and their service was top-notch the whole time. The system they installed continues to work very well. They were also very flexible and worked with us to meet our needs. It was refreshing to work with a company that was so pleasant, accommodating, and professional throughout the process, and to continue to do so after installation to meet our service needs. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced oil heater with gas one (along with some duct work).

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to give us such a great review. I am glad you are happy with everything. I will be sure to pass this along to all of our guys. Have a Great Day, Friedrich Heating & AC, Inc,

10/26/2017

William W.

The experience was excellent from the original visit for an estimate to the completion of the work. Once we confirmed the go-ahead we were given a date for the work and it was met. When the work commenced until it was finished, we had no interruption to those services that were being replaced, the workers were very professional and there wasn't an item to be cleaned up. In addition they ensured that the new services operation were understood. Overall extremely pleased that we selected Friedrich Heating & Air Conditioning INC.

Description of Work
Replaced Boiler, Hot water heater, & AC unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the positive feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to comment on our services. Have a great holiday season and please call us if you have any questions or need anything else.

09/05/2017

ROBERT K.

Bob's prices are very competitive and his service was excellent.Could not be happier. From start to finish, the whole experience was great. Professional , clean, friendly, helpful, informative people. I am thankful I found them. I will continue to use them for future AC/Heating maintenance and repair.

Description of Work
New HVAC system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are so excited that you are happy with everything. Call us if you need anything or have questions about your new system.

09/01/2017

Maria B.

.........................................................................

Description of Work
.....................................................................................

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the high marks. I'm glad you are happy with our services. Please call us for anything you need in the future.

08/28/2017

john B.

Called several places for new a/c and heating unit. They were prompt, professional, and even offered to inspect other unit, if we chose someone else. They worked with us on financing, and very polite. Place was spotless after install, and went over everything with us. Would recommend to anyone I know. Nice to see old time family service.

Description of Work
replaced A/C and heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks for the positive feedback. We really appreciate it. I'm glad your happy with everything. Let us know if you need anything in the future.

08/22/2017

Tricia M.

Friedrich heating and AC were amazing from the initial consulation until they finished the job. We had 5 companies give us estimates for this job. We had a system that was in our attic reachable by a 2' x 2' hole in our bedroom closet. Friedrich's proposal was half of what other's had given us for the same system and work (other's also suggesting a larger system that Friedrich said our size home definitely didn't need). Not only did i know the original family/company from growing up in Pitman(they are under new ownership from a multi-decade employee) but they came highly recommended from others that have dealt with them more recently. The crew arrived promptly at 8am. They took care to place tarps around the inside of our home where they'd be walking. The whole job was completed in less than a day (others told us it could take 2-3 days for the job). Please give them a call if you want an honest company that does the job fast and correctly.

Description of Work
We had a new HVAC system installed (condenser, air handler, thermostat), New pan and attic safety switch. Old system was removed. Permits were obtained by Friedrich.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi Trish, Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on our work. We really appreciate the feedback. Most of our staff are long time employees and they take pride in their work. I've had many compliments and am proud of our employees. Please let us know if you need anything in the future. Enjoy the balance of your week!

06/13/2017

Gene D.

Paul from FRIEDRICH was incredibly professional and answered all our questions. He actually looked over the entire system and determined we needed some 410A, which they charge by the pound - 2lbs did the trick! Service fee lowered for Angie's list members! I got a quote from CarrFord who was here for 10mins and instantly wanted $1700 for a new evaporator OR $500 for couple pounds of 410A.

Description of Work
My AC was blowing warm air and it's HOT outside!!!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks [Member Name Removed], I passed your comments onto Paul. Paul is one of our top service guys and I get a lot of compliments about him. Please call us if you need anything in the future. Tami Hyndman Friedrich Heating & AC,. Inc. 856-589-0559

04/30/2017

Brian B.

We called Friedrich for a second opinion. Bob (the owner) came out and checked our equipment. Long story short, we were not out of refrigerant we actually had too much in the system. Bob made some adjustments to quiet down the compressors and took the time to answer all of my questions.

Description of Work
We had been advised by the firm that had been servicing our equipment for the past five years that we had no refrigerant in one AC unit and that the other needed a new coil. The service company recommended purchasing a new ac unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review. We try to give our customers an honest opinion and a reasonable price. If you need any thing in the future, let us know.

June B.

I was very happy. No one tried to talk me into buying something I do not need for heating a townehome. I will need a new AC unit and I will be returning to Friedrich.

Description of Work
Furnace replacement.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. We are no pressure sales and strive to be honest, reasonable and reliable for our customers. See you in the Spring!!

Dale W.

He was the best price. Three people came out to complete the service. It took about half a day. What made me grade them an A overall was price-wise, the equipment they used and their professionalism was the best.

Description of Work
He replaced my heating and air conditioning system.

June B.

Great job.

Description of Work
Heater and AC replaced

11/07/2016

james F.

When I awoke this morning to strange noises coming from my gas furnace, I first muttered an expletive, and then called Friedrich's. (they installed the current furnace and AC 11 years ago) I called the office at 7:30AM, left a message detailing the problem. Got a call back at 8AM was asked if 10AM would be convenient for me for service. Paul, the serviceman arrived at 9:55AM, and quickly diagnosed the problem. He had to go back to the shop in Pitman (next town over) to get the needed furnace motor, returned quickly, and by 11AM the heat was back on, running so quiet I could hardly hear it! While inside the furnace he also cleaned the flame sensor, which over the years had gotten very dirty (laundry room lint), so that avoided another service call when the furnace would have shut down from the dirty and inoperative sensor. A quality job by Friedrich's, as always! Note from 11 years ago: They replaced my furnace the next day after the initial call. Then when my "builder's model" central AC "blew up" on Memorial Day weekend, they were here first thing in the morning after the holiday and replaced the AC. Now, that's service!!

Description of Work
My gas furnace started making a "strange" noise this morning.

07/01/2016

Mike M.

Great! Called Saturday early afternoon and Dustin offered same day visit. We had plans for our son to go to a bday party and we wanted to go out to a nice meal immediately after. Dustin offered to come after our outing and to just call him. I called when we were just leaving the restaurant. Dustin was there shortly after and went to work. He was methodical and found the problem with our filter ( was told when we bought house that there was not anywhere to put a filter, it was found by Dustin, and was from 2008, totally our last A/C guy's fault), capacitor, and thermostat. We had him replace the capacitor and thermostat. Was very fair and will definitely use again. He did give us an Angie's List discount.

Description of Work
A/C wasn't working

12/29/2015

MATT B.

We just bought a house in the area so we looked at the reviews on Angieslist and asked around. After receiving several estimates, we choose Friedrich's as it was the least expensive, they were recommended by a friend, and Bob was responsive to all my questions and going over various options. Friedrich's came out right away to get the heat system and a/c installed as it was starting to get cold (several employees came out on a Saturday). The hot water heater was installed a few days later. The agreement was straightforward (no pages of tiny print), which was refreshing. Bob gave us two recommendations and didn't didn't try to upsell us on certain offerings. In terms of comparing prices, one thing to pay attention to is one company was going to have us assign any energy efficient rebates over to the company, and they would reduce their price based on the future rebate. Friedrich's does not do this so, if the equipment is eligible, you will have a rebate coming. The only snag (not Friedrich's fault at all) was our municipality's inspector's failure to show up during the window that was provided to us for the first inspection of the new gas line. When the inspection was rescheduled, Bob again showed up and actually dropped off a free air filter as an apology for the inconvenience. This was above and beyond. It was first class. We had a very good experience with this company.

Description of Work
They installed a new gas furnace, a new hot water heater, and a new ac compressor (and removed oil furnace, oil tank, a/c compressor, and hot water heater).

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

12/22/2015

Dana Z.

high quality work by a reliable company. Also had same services performed at another property very happy with all the work.

Description of Work
Installed heater and air conditioner

05/17/2015

Paul O.

My air conditioning unit went out in the late evening on a Saturday, during a steamy night. The blower unit in the house was working, but the condenser was buzzing and the condenser fan would not come on. Searched Angie's List for a provider in my neighborhood who could provide quick service, but thinking I would need to take off on Monday or later in the week and suffer through a couple days and nights with no A/C. Found Friedrich A/C & Heating that surprisingly had Sunday hours and 'A' ratings from everyone. I called at 07:30 AM when their hours started and left a voice mail. I received a call back from Mike at 08:00 asking what the problem was and letting me know he could be over in 1/2 hour. Mike arrived exactly 1/2 hour after we hung up and started diagnosing the problem. He started with the blower unit in the basement and said he always checks end-to-end, to make sure everything is working properly. Found a working, but failing capacitor and replaced it in the blower. Then checked the thermostat, which was okay. Finally went to the condenser unit and found a blown capacitor and low volume of refrigerant. Replaced the capacitor, recharged the unit and had me back online, all within 1 hour of his arrival and well before the sun and humidity started making it uncomfortable. The cost was about what I expected (2/3 of cost was parts, 1/3 labor), but was very reasonable considering it was a Sunday and understanding how quickly they picked up my call and arrived onsite. Mike was very professional and pleasant, going about his business in a workmanlike manner to ensure everything was working. Also was very tolerant of our over-affectionate and excited (73 lb) puppy. Great response, great repair and would definitely recommend this company to anyone needing this type of service!

Description of Work
Repaired Air Conditioner condenser / fan unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I am glad you were happy with our service and took the time to let our subscribers know. We strive to accommodate our customers and I will be sure to let Mike know you appreciated his professionalism. He has been with our company for 20+ years and is well versed in the heating and air conditioning field. We always have a technician on call on the weekends. Thanks again for choosing Friedrich Heating & AC, Inc.

08/20/2014

Jeffrey O.

Friedrich Heating and AC was a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. I was exteremely pleased with their knowledge, advice, and the quality of work performed. The crew was on-time, clean and professional. I would highly recommend Friedrich to anyone needing any type of HVAC work and or repair.

Description of Work
Installed new AC unit, NG furnace and NG hot water heater.

07/31/2014

Joseph D.

Bob, the owner, came out to prepare an estimate after I spoke with his wife. His wife was very pleasant and accommodating. He reviewed all of my options and gave me his opinion on what would work best in my home. I met with two other HVAC customers with A ratings on Angie's list prior to talking with Bob and they told me in order to maximize the efficiency of my system I was going to need to spend between 15K and 16K after rebates. I never mentioned this to Bob but he suggested a system that would maximize efficiency and comfort in my home. He dropped off a quote later that same day for half of what the others quoted. I mentioned my air conditioner wasn't working properly and he fixed it for free to make sure my family was comfortable over the hot weekend prior to the Tuesday install. I didn't ask for this service he offered it to me and it was greatly appreciated. His crew was very considerate and did a great job on the install. There was absolutely no mess at all when they left and you wouldn't have known anyone was here. There were some heavy thunderstorms that day and his crew was drenched because they used my back door instead of the door off of my garage because they didn't want to walk through my house. For the first time in my life I experienced a company willing to do just about anything to make a customer happy. Although I told them to stay dry and walk through the house. They also laid down tarps to make sure they didn't get the carpeting dirty. I requested an AC unit with a little higher SEER than Bob thought was necessary. I bring this up because the other two companies suggested products that were massive overkill, would have cost much more, and would not have provided the benefits they said the systems would. I received my first bill after one full month of use and it was 60% lower than last year's. I'm not sure how much is a result of the inefficiency of the old unit, the efficiency and install of the new unit, or the temperature differences but I'm sure a majority of it is the excellent install and the unit suggested based on Bob's extensive knowledge. An inspector just left my home after inspecting on behalf of the State to validate the State rebate. He told me Friedrich did a fantastic job and explained and pointed out what made it fantastic. He said, and quot;you wouldn't believe what I see. These guys (Friedrich) did a great job and you could and should recommend them to anyone in need of HVAC services.and quot; In closing I'll sum it up by saying Friedrich was HONEST, CONSIDERATE, APPRECIATIVE, RESPECTFUL, and KNOWLEDGEABLE. I don't have a single complaint and as a business owner myself that is very focused on customer service, that is unusual. If only they fixed cars as well.

Description of Work
Installation of hot water tank, furnace and a//c system

06/12/2014

Lisa H.

The guys were prompt, clean, and keep the house clean. Went over everything with me. Very informative and price given was great.

Description of Work
Installed New York Gas furnace and AC system.

11/21/2013

Rob & Traci S.

I called a friend who does HVAC work and he was simply too busy to help me today. He recommended someone who failed to call back when he said he would and didn't return a later call I made. I turned to Angie's List and found a couple of promising companies. I left a message with each. Friedrich Heating and A/C returned my call within about 30 minutes (the other has yet to call, hours later). Their repairman was returning from a job south of me and was able to come over soon after. The repairman was personable, polite, and got right to work. He noticed that the display on the electronic thermostat was dim, so he recommended that we replace the batteries. He removed the batteries, which had begun to corrode, installed new ones, and suggested that we replace them annually. He then proceeded to the inspect the furnace. The controller indicated a problem with the pressure switch. Seemingly, however, just backing off a connector to check voltage levels was enough to make the furnace start working! I pointed out a blown capacitor on the controller board and he admitted to not knowing its purpose. He verified that the furnace was working and checked that there were no safety issues with leaving the board as is. Our presumption is that the capacitor is part of the A/C control circuit, so there's time to deal with it later. Ultimately, I decided to replace the pressure switch since one failure might imply another and that would entail the expense and hassle of another service call and no heat for an indeterminate time. During the entire visit, the repairman was friendly and accommodating. The only negative thing I can say about him is that he spoke disparagingly of a competitor. His statements may well be correct, but that's not the best way to build one's own reputation.

Description of Work
Got furnace running; replaced a pressure switch

10/30/2013

Maura B.

It went perfectly. They had excellent service and an outstanding price. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They installed a new furnace and air conditioning system.

09/23/2013

Steve K.

He installed the AC and maintains it every year. Very reputable, responsible, as well as fair pricing. He is very honest.

Description of Work
AC troubleshooting issue

07/01/2013

John D.

I call Friedrich and they were great, They responded promptly the same day since my AC was not working. They replaced the part and showed me the broken part. It was very professional. The price was very fair as well. I have used them in the past and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Fixed my AC that was not functioning.

02/12/2012

Oliver R.

The installation began as promised. Was completed on time and the company left the project neat clean and organized. Absolutely no short cuts were taken as I watched almost all of the installation. The team sent for installation is very knowledgable as I asked questions during the entire time. The installers also called out possible problems and asked if it was ok to address these problems now. There was no additional charge for the wiring and exhaust problems that they called out. The installation was amazingly clean and well thought out. The system not only works great, it looks great. When I asked for a central air cover, the owner didn't hesitate to get one put on again at no additional charge. I had the system installed 12" above the concrete floor in case the basement flooded. The installers took great care to execute this and explain exactly how they were doing it. I had one call back for a minor adjustment and the team returned the next morning to fix the problem. I noticed that during their return visit, they also made additional adjustments to make sure no other problems would happen.

Description of Work
The company provided not only the best pricing but also outstanding service. All parts of estimate were completed quickly and well above expectations. No short cuts on installation and as a matter of fact additional safeguards were installed that aren't required. I had a furnace, hot water heater and central air conditioning unit installed. The owner walked me through the process and took the lead on getting me state rebates by taking care of all the necessary paperwork. The installation needed a minor adjustment which was resolved the next day after I called. The company is very easy to get a hold of and answers call backs the same day. Service is prodived by clean, polite and extremely hard working employees. The owner is very involved with the process and is available as needed when needed.