Kunal Electrical Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since May 2012

ELECTRICIAN IN PISCATAWAY, NJ If you need a skilled team of electricians, look no further than Kunal Electrical in Piscataway, NJ. At our locally owned and operated business, we work hard to meet the needs of residential and commercial customers throughout the area. Friendly and professional, our technicians are fully equipped to address even your most pressing electrical concerns. After arriving on time, we’ll consult with you and carefully examine your situation. Our team is licensed, insured, and fully committed to getting the details right. Once we know what we’re looking at, we’ll develop a cost-effective solution and take the time to explain what needs to be done and why. Thanks to our great selection of resources, we’re able to consistently deliver high-quality work in a prompt fashion. Our services include: Exterior and recessed lighting installations Commercial electrical wiring Home electrical repairs Generator installations To meet the needs of clients in Greater Piscataway, Kunal Electrical offers flexible appointment availability and accepts numerous personal payment methods, including Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Don’t hesitate. Call to schedule a service visit from one of our electricians today....

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated

electrician (45)lighting (10)ceiling fan installation (4)generator service (1)home security systems (1)

04/08/2022

pat G.

Good He arrived on time and was very professional

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 04/09/2022

01/19/2022

Sudhan M.

Devesh was fantastic. He phoned ahead of coming. Worked diligently and repaired or fixed what was needed.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 01/19/2022

10/15/2021

Avantika P.

Amazing. Thank you for such awesome work

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 10/16/2021

07/06/2021

Murali K.

Divesh did an outstanding job assessing, estimating and delivering the work on-time, on-quality and on-budget. I would highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Installation of Power Socket Extender for Garage, Replacement of recess lighting

Work Completed On 07/05/2021

06/08/2021

Prasenjit (Pras) P.

Beginning to end was amazing. The outcome was amazing. Township inspected the work and approved it. The short term results I have enjoyed till now are also amazing. Devesh is an excellent human being with an impeccable sense of commitment and worksmanship. He gave me estimate and filed for a permit without even asking for a penny from me. He was accommodating. He finished the work on time with quality. I had requested him to add the cost of a painter because I needed some touch-ups after his work. He sub-contracted a painter and made my wish come true too. The cost was very reasonable. He has the right attitude to be in the service industry. I had earlier hired allcity electrical from Union, NJ. They wasted 2 weeks of my time and eventually cancelled my contract unilaterally. Thats when Angie matched me with Devesh. Thank you allcity for acting unprofessionally and giving me the opportunity to find the provider with the right attitude. No doubt, the right contractors are surely found at Angi.

Description of Work
Create a 240V electric outlet

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

11/01/2020

Jonaki M.

I am very satisfied with their service.

Description of Work
Install transfer switch

Category electrician, generator service

Work Completed On 10/31/2020

09/22/2020

James B.

This is an "EVERYTHING WAS GREAT BUT" review. The everything was great part: Fast communication from the business, speedy appointment time, great communication from workman about his arrival, arrived well within the promised window, knew exactly the problem and how to fix it, didn't happen to have the part needed on the truck but when I said I could run to the hardware store and get it, voluntarily took the retail price of the switch off the bill, bill was reasonable. The BUT part: (COVID-related) Workman arrived with no mask and just looked at me uncomfortably when I answered the door wearing one. I made no further comment since I really needed the switch fixed, thought the actual chances this guy was infected were low, and could air out the area thoroughly after he left. But I feel that, given the orders in place in New Jersey and just generally good sanitation, a worker coming to a home in NJ right now should arrive with a mask. If the homeowner doesn't feel it's necessary, you can always take it off. But next time I would clear with them in advance that they will send someone with a mask.

Description of Work
diagnose/replace problematic lightswitch.

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

08/07/2020

Yovanny G.

It went very well. Very polite. Came in same day to do the job. I am very happy.

Description of Work
Power line from house was pulled by tree branch.

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

07/13/2020

Patricia F.

I have never seen a more efficient provider. Workers were punctual, efficient, courteous. I couldn't have asked for more.

Description of Work
I needed a complete overhaul of the electrical system for my swimming pool. The project required creating a deep trench and reconnecting electrical cables.

Category home security systems

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

03/17/2020

Viswanadha K.

Services were performed as agreed. Tech was on time

Description of Work
Level 2 Charger Installation

Work Completed On 03/06/2020

10/17/2019

Clem A.

Kunal Electrical, Inc. I cannot see how this company received a 5-star rating. I hired this company for an electrical job because I had no power on one side of my home on December 2018. I called Kunal electric to see what the problem was and to fix it. I was told by the owner of the company that the junction box was the issue and that it needed to be replaced. I agreed and the owner did the job and I paid $511.00. Power was restored however a few months later the same issue happened again. So, I called Kunal and the owner came and refused to investigate the job that he did unless I pay him $200.00 which I refused to do. He also claimed that he did not do the job. He then decided to take a look at the power output and said it was fine then left. I later called another electrician that took a look at the work and was amazed at the poor work that was done. They also discovered that the issue did not stem from the junction box but from an electrical shortage that was occurring in a ceiling fan and from some old power outlets. They were very meticulous in the work that they did. I no longer have that issue. I will not do business with Kunal or recommend this company to anyone in the future. Their customer service is very bad. I can go on talking about this nightmare experience but I will leave it like this for now. 10/15/2019 I am still being haunted by this company. Today I had by boiler repaired and the technician could not find the switch to turn the thermostat on. It turns out that the switch is missing because the owner of this company completely gutted my breaker. I again was told by another technician that he did not do a good job on my breaker unit. It looks like now I have to pay to do it all again. The owner of this company did a botched up job for me.

Description of Work
Restore electrical power.

Work Completed On 10/17/2019

10/09/2019

Ramesh L.

I am very pleased with the work. I cannot be more happy as I got the work done in few hundreds of dollars when the well-known companies were quoting thousands of dollars. Devesh from Kunal Electrical called, understood the issue, gave me the best option along with price, came down to location in 1 hr and fixed the problem within 30 mins. Done. Guys, don't be fooled by others who will give you a very high estimate and do not sound confident about it either. There is always something hidden with what they recommend, so judge carefully. Kunal Electrical has earned my trust for life and I am going to use them for any future electrical needs. I have already started sharing their contact with my friends.

Description of Work
Fix Electrial circuit tripping

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

06/01/2019

Jennie & Frank V.

He called me back very quickly and was very nice. He said that based on my description it sounded like it was most likely a pseg issue and to have them check outside first so that he wouldn’t have to charge me for a visit. He was right and it was a pseg issue so thank you very much!

Description of Work
Power out in most of the house

05/20/2019

Christina M.

Devesh was very helpful. He came to our condo after talking to us right away to see what work needs to be done.He quoted us a price and everything was done within 24 hours. Him and his team did a good job and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Main Breaker Panel was replaced.

Work Completed On 05/19/2019

05/07/2019

weigwang W.

Thru my co-worker's recommendation, I had good and prompt communication with the owner thru texts and phone calls to set up 2 electric works; I was not there when the works were done, but my tenant think he was doing good job and very professional. Both works have passed township inspection without any problem;

Description of Work
electrical works for 2 new water heaters

Work Completed On 03/28/2019

02/21/2019

Rhonda T.

I was very pleased with the work that was done, by Jimmy. He installed 2 recessed lights in the laundry area and two recessed lights with a sensor above the garage. Jimmy worked very meticulously and even patched up the holes that he created while installing the lights. Will call this company again in the future.

Description of Work
Recessed lighting

Category lighting

Work Completed On 02/21/2019

01/23/2019

MATEE D.

Very well, the technician was knowledgeable and kind and respectful.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 01/22/2019

11/08/2018

James H.

Prompt response through a professional answering service. The president (owner?) supervises the work or does it himself. Very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Kitchen lighting, ceiling fan installation

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 11/08/2018

11/02/2018

Shirish K.

Very Good. Happy with the work done

Description of Work
Replacement of Lights and outlets

Work Completed On 10/31/2018

10/24/2018

Lucille T.

Excellently well ! Clean , neat work. Fair pricing!

Description of Work
Change of thermostats for the main house and also a different kind of heat by electric in the addition to the house.

Work Completed On 10/24/2018

09/21/2018

Sandeep S.

After repeated calls to them and leaving messages with their answering service, we never received any call back. So we gave up.

Description of Work
Electrical work

Work Completed On 09/21/2018

08/28/2018

Robert A.

The gentleman was kind and courteous and knew what he was doing. Very professional.

Description of Work
Recessed lighting

Work Completed On 08/18/2018