American Home Appliance Service Company

Founded 1985 • With Angi since September 2012

2.5

American Home Appliance Service Company offers top-notch appliance repairs for residents in Wayne and the surrounding areas. When you need quality refrigerator repair, dishwasher repair, and other major home appliance repair services, we’re the team you can trust. With over 40 years of experience with appliance repair, we can offer you professional results and superior customer service!...

Ken's Appliance

Repair of all appliances washer, dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, microwave, etc all brands. I have 20+ years experience. I accept cash and checks as payment. I went to Lincoln Tech in Paramus and was than employed with Maytag for 15+ years. During that time I received extensive training and excellent experience.

Danny's Appliance Service LLC

**For all Bergen County residents, please call 201-941-1313.** **For Hudson county residents, please call 201-865-2100** For major appliance repairs in your town, call Danny’s Appliance Service. With over 40 years of experience, our professional appliance repair service can help you get your home back in working order. When you need refrigerator repair, dryer repair, or other appliance repair services, our team is ready to offer fast and friendly service!

Accu-Tech Appliance Repair

Accu-Tech Appliance repair service is dedicated to providing you with the best possible service on all types and brands of your major appliances. Our service hours are : Monday - Friday 8:00am. - 5:00pm Saturdays 8:00am - 1:00 pm. Evening appointments are also available. We also provide a 1 year Warranty on Parts and Labor.

08/29/2018

I wish I had looked at their history of reviews before doing business with them. My fridge periodically leaked, and now and then the ice-maker and water dispenser didn't work. There was a $120 charge for them to come and diagnose the problem. Once there, the tech said he knew absolutely what the problem was, He said one malfunctioning part was causing all of the trouble, including the problem with...

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

10/01/2015

Description of Work
"Came when promised and did work as described. Will use this firm again."

05/30/2014

Since I have already spent more time than humans can normally expect to spend on such matters, I offer this nutshell appraisal: DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT USING AMERICAN HOME, unless, of course, you enjoy months of inferior workmanship (3 VISITS BETWEEN LATE MARCH 2014 AND MID-MAY 2014 AND NOT EVEN FIXED), a phone system that actually disconnects your call before getting through and, even if u don't ...

Description of Work
American Home was listed as an authorized Frigedaire/Electrolux repair provider. I have told Frigedaire/Electrolux to reconsider using them as an "authorized" provider.

03/21/2014

As above

Description of Work
I called American Home appliance to fix my ice maker. The service man came late and he put in new parts but the ice maker still did not work and as a matter of fact it was leaking into the freezer so I was actually worse off then before. When I called him back he was very rude as if I was the one to blame. He screamed at me over the phone. I would not let that arrogant man step one foot back into my home. With the help of over the phone assistance and a plumber we were finally able to get the situation under control. I only wonder if I even needed the new parts he installed incorrectly.

12/17/2012

Description of Work
American Home is a repair service that the Whirlpool/KitchenAid warranty extension company uses. While I have not been happy with having to set up appointments through the warranty extension company, I have enjoyed my experience with American Home itself. American Home was about the third company that the warranty extension service sent to my home. I was initially reluctant because I live in Westchester County near the Long Island Sound, and the company is based in New Jersey, so that is a significant distance from my home. As it turns out, only one repairman services this area, a very nice young man by the name of Mike, so whenever I request American Home, I know I will get the same repairman whom I like and with whom the dishwashers now have a history. So here is the story: On the Friday before Thanksgiving, one of our two dishwashers broke. We were having company for the holiday, so that wasn't an optimum time for this to happen. When I called the warranty service, the only company that could service the dishwasher was American Home, the day before, so I agreed. Mike called around 9:30 or so to say he was coming that day. Although Mike was delayed on another job, he nevertheless did come and was able to troubleshoot the problem and fix the dishwasher. However, since ours had been a new model, and the problem was somehow with the solid state control, he knew that it could break again. He also knew that KitchenAid had a replacement part that could prevent the problem from happening again. So he wrote up an order. He also said that it would be a good idea to do the same with the second dishwasher, because it was subject to the same issue and was the same model. He told me that I would still have to go through the warranty service company but to request American Home and he would order the part for the second dishwasher when the order came through. So I did, and arranged for another service the Thursday following Thanksgiving. (The dishwasher worked throughout.) On the day before, American Home called to tell me that the first part was in and wanted to schedule and appointment. I asked about the second order, and she had no record, so I cancelled the first appointment to see if I could find out what had happened. I don't quite recall the specifics, but then I received a follow up call maybe a day or two later from Laura in the American Home office, with whom I had been talking, and she said that she had looked into the matter further and apologized. It seems that American Home had received the second order but because the serial numbers were so close and it was from the same part, the office hadn't realized that it was for a second dishwasher. I was very impressed. First of all, no one ever follows up, and Laura took it on her own to try to figure out what had happened. Second, she was forthright and apologetic, and I really appreciated that. Things happen, and I understand how that confusion could have occurred. So she arranged another appointment, and sure enough, Mike called that morning to say he would be at my house, and he was, and he did the two repairs. So, the next time I need a repair - and I hope I won't - I will tell the warranty service to arrange it with American Home. I just wish I could set it up with American Home directly! But that's the system, which I do not like.

Category appliance repair

Appliance Repair, Refrigerator Repair, Washing Machine Repair, Dryer Repair, Dishwasher Repair