Petro Home Services

Founded 1903 • With Angi since April 2012

1701 Sherman Ave

Pennsauken, NJ 08110

We're America's #1 local home heating oil and total home comfort services provider (heating, cooling, plumbing, chimney). With over 100 years experience, we know how to keep you comfortable, safe and help you save on energy costs. Our local 24/7 customer service and support means automatic heating oil deliveries and our service response is always fast. We never run out of heating oil plus our pricing and payment plans are designed to help you manage your costs all year round. Experience the Petro difference today!...

4.1

heating oil company (19)HVAC Companies (16)

01/29/2018

Installation of new burner and thermostat was done with efficiency and they did a careful job of getting the old burner out of the finished basement They thoroughly drained the hot water heater while they were at it. We heat with hot water. Yearly maintenance is done, leaving the area clean Oil delivery comes regularly without having to call Every technician that has been in the house has been hel...

Description of Work
Petro/Tiver has been delivering oil for over 40 years. Installed a new oil burner about 9 years ago. Provide yearly maintenance

Work Completed On 01/16/2018

Thank you for the thoughtful review! We always appreciate customer feedback and you sharing your experiences with us. Thank you for choosing us as your service provider! Best, Petro Home Services

09/19/2017

I have been a customer of PETRO for the last ten years. They have delivered oil and services my furnace and air conditioning unit. Services were fine. A few years ago, though, I let them know that I was considering converting from oil to gas heat - and asked whether or not they do conversions. I was told yes. Their website also says that they do conversions. However, when I called to ask to talk t...

Description of Work
Oil-to-gas conversion

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

Thank you very much for giving us a chance to speak with you today. As discussed if you need us in the future for any services please contact us at 1-800-645-4328 we would be happy to assist.

07/05/2017

Arrived within specified time. Left area clean. Professional demeanor.

Description of Work
Annual tune up of furnace So cost demanded in order to submit this review is inappropriate. since plan covers much more than the annual tune up. I do receive routine oil deliveries that are always delivered timely. cost listed is for an annual premium maintenance plan

Work Completed On 02/07/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Angie'[Member Information Removed] List community. We're pleased to hear that you're satisfied with the services we have provided.

07/04/2017

The technician showed up on time, serviced the Central A/C, and answered a question about the system.

Description of Work
Central A/C Tuneup

Work Completed On 06/26/2017

Thank you for sharing your experience on Angie'[Member Information Removed] List. We value your patronage and look forward to servicing your home for years to come.

06/15/2017

We use them all the time. We have heating and air conditioning contracts with them. The price is for a contract.

Description of Work
They maintained our system, our heating and our air conditioning; and that's probably air conditioning.

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

01/17/2017

Things went well. They were on time and completed the task at hand

Description of Work
Oil Heater service and maintenace

Work Completed On 10/25/2016

09/19/2016

They showed up on time and fixed the problem with the air conditioner.

Description of Work
Repaired air conditioner.

Work Completed On 07/25/2016

09/28/2015

They did fine. They took care of that oil spill. My only issue was they took two hours to get here and the oil was spilling into my crawl space. The guy was great. It was in the ballpark with everybody else. Their professionalism was very good.

Description of Work
I had oil spill in my crawl space.

Work Completed On 02/01/2015

09/28/2015

I have been using them for three or four years. i took out a service contract with them with a nice discount. I have compared prices and they are one of the highest and that is one of the fall backs I have had with them.

Description of Work
They did heating and air conditioning service.

Work Completed On 01/16/2014

05/06/2014

Very rude people. Use high pressure sale tactics to get you to sign a deal with them and then try to strong arm you to stay with them. Still working on getting the plan cancelled. I will not be using them again or recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Used a high force pitch sale to get me to renew the cap contract. Another company offers the same services for 21 cents per gallon cheaper. Also forced me to take another tank of oil when I did not need or want it and delivered it on 5/5/14 at $3.78 per gallon 30cents more than others in our area were charging for the day. They price gouge and take advantage of people. I used this company for 2 years. Wanted to charge $400 cancellation fee for the new plan cancellation when it has been less than 3 business day since the agreement.

Work Completed On 05/02/2014