Ahern Painting

Founded 1998 • With Angi since May 2009

2202 Bethel Ave

Pennsauken, NJ 08110

Ahern Painting has served the New Jersey tri-state area's professional painting needs for nearly two decades. John Ahern founded the company in 1995 with the mission of providing exceptional Painting Services throughout Southern New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsylvania and Delaware. License #13VH00606200. Alternate Email: ahernpainting@verizon.net...

01/30/2015

Angela C.

I really liked Ahern Painting. He is very nice and seems to know what he is doing. His work looks excellent based off of what I saw on other houses. However, his price is so expensive. We just could not afford it. Way too expensive.

Description of Work
I did not use the provider

Category house painters

We are a legitimate painting business that pays taxes and insurance. Many do not so please take into consideration pricing will vary greatly. Please understand that labor- intensive projects drive the costs especially when lead containment is taken into consideration. I appreciate your candid response and will take as a valuable lesson when explaining to customers why choosing a reputable contractor will not be reflected in price, but value. We have been in business for 26 years and have one of the larger paint companies in the area. Correct pricing will be a reflection of the "price-quality-value" mix so competitive pricing from us is mandatory, not an option.

02/08/2014

Al M.

After searching long and hard for a good company to fix my kitchen ceiling, which I must say was a sight !!! I called John. He came over that afternoon and looked the job. He said he could handle it. I was amazed I never thought it was going to be able to be fixed. This involved not only the ceiling but all of the walls were too. I had done the demolition of the kitchen cabinets and removed Formica from the walls and a drop ceiling that was in extremely poor condition. I felt the job needed total new dry walls and a new ceiling. John stated to me that he has special equipment to handle a job like this. He started the next day and well let me tell you John was 100 percent correct! His worker Nate showed up early everyday for the next week and worked diligently and thoroughly . Nate always was neat and kept us informed at he was doing and the progress he was making. Everyday I was amazed! The quality of work and the effort to fix what I called a disaster into live able walls and a normal ceiling. After a week of hard work , the job was completed. I was totally amazed and grateful to John and Nate. It looks perfect as if nothing was wrong .my kitchen ceiling and walls. I would say he is the best and he runs a company that in today's world others ' can learn from ! If you need, painting spackling, help for your home call Ahern first! You will be amazed!!! The company that delivers what they promise and more!!!

Description of Work
Fixed and spackled walls and a ceiling from another dimension.

Category drywall, house painters

01/15/2014

Kathleen W.

Everything came out even better than expected and makes the whole foyer feel cleaner. I love walking through this space now! The crew arrived on time, everyday, at 8am. They were impeccably neat, precise, professional and a pleasure to have in our home. I would be happy to hire them again in the future and very confident to recommend them.

Description of Work
Ahern Painting was hired to sand and apply three coats of polyurethane to newly installed wood steps and railing. They also painted the ceiling, sanded and painted bookcases and trim. The job was done in under 4 days.

04/29/2013

Larry A.

Ahern is the best, just a bit pricey.

Description of Work
Mold cleaning.

Category pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

10/01/2012

Susan O.

They were very thorough and professional in providing the estimate, but their prices were much too high.

Description of Work
They provided an estimate for interior painting.

Category interior painters

11/05/2011

Jim J.

Estimate - Mr. Ahern provided a detailed estimate which identified all work to be performed and estimated start date. Estimate was slightly higher than other painters but Mr. Ahern's estimate included higher quality materials and was more specific regarding preparation. I was contacted about a week prior to the estimated date and work began on the estimated start date. We handled most communications via email. Final cost was consistent with the estimate. Stain front door - Outstanding Strip and Paint Metal Railing - Excellent Repair and Paint Drywall - Outstanding Power wash and Prepare External Trim for Paint - Good. Most areas were prepared well. However, nail pops and open seams in some areas of the trim were not consistently repaired and filled. Some areas that I pointed out in final inspection were corrected but I noticed others after the job completed. Paint Exterior Trim, Garage Door, and Shutters - Excellent. Color match was excellent. Stain front porch deck - Fair. Painters did not seem to be familiar with how to apply the product that was recommended by Mr. Ahern. Manufacturer recommends one heavy coat. Mr. Ahern indicated that he would apply a heavy coat and second light coat while stain was still wet to ensure even coverage and color. Painters applied one light coat and left for the day. After discussion with Mr. Ahern, he decided to apply a second very light coat the next day to even out the coverage. Overall deck looks very good but color is a little uneven. Summary - Mr. Ahern runs an excellent company, is very knowledgeable, and makes every effort to do an outstanding job and satisfy his customers. All painters were friendly and very professional. They started and finished on time every day and finished the job on time. If not for the issue with the porch deck stain I would have rated them "A" across the board. I would not hesitate to recommend them to friend.

Description of Work
Power wash and paint exterior trim. Paint shutters and garage door. Stain front porch deck. Stain new fiberglass door. Sandblast, prime, and paint exterior metal railing on basement stairs. Repair and paint drywall around fiberglass door.

Category drywall, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

10/27/2011

Howard J.

We didn't use them but they were very thorough in their evaluation and very expensive.

Description of Work
We got a quote for Ahern Painting to paint the entire exterior of the house.

08/15/2011

CHRISTOPHER K.

I requested an estimate from Ahern Painting, because they were well reviewed, and I needed to repaint the entire exterior of my house. John was punctual, professional, and thorough in his review of the project. Unlike other painting companies, he took several days to determine his estimate--a sign of thoroughness. I would have gone with Ahern had I been able to afford his price, which was more than 3x the price of my lowest bid. In fairness, John described a project in which he planned to strip the paint down to the bare wood, so it would have been much more involved (3-4 weeks) than what the competition was offering (2-3 days).

Description of Work
Estimate for exterior painting.

03/02/2011

DARREN K.

I met with Mr. Ahern and he gave me an estimate to paint the entire interior of my four bedroom home. He was punctual and very professional. He spent a lot of time with me going over the job and talking about options. He stated that he employs top, talented people and that they receive training on new products and techniques several times a year. He further stated that he is properly insured and licensed and provided documentation to that effect. In addition, Mr.Ahern states he conducts background checks and drug testing on all of his employees. All of this, however, was reflected in the price. Another contractor provided an estimate for the job that was $5,000 less than Mr. Ahern’s. The other contractor, however, does not conduct background checks or drug screening on his employees. He also does not send his employees to training. I believe Mr. Ahern gave me an honest estimate, however, I chose to use the contractor with the lower price.

Description of Work
Mr. Ahern gave me an estimate to paint the entire interior of my four bedroom home.

10/05/2010

Matt L.

They were on time. The guy who came out was John Ahern who is one of the company owners. He was polite and professional. His estimate was through and well put together. Actually in retrospect, we wish we would have gone with them but we didn't end up using them for the job.

Description of Work
We got an estimate to paint the exterior of the front porch.

05/07/2009

JOHN C.

The project was perfect. The initial day and a half were devoted exclusively to covering all exposed areas of the house that needed protection from paint drips. This effort was so carefully done and so thorough that not a drop of misplaced paint was found anywhere after the completion. The Ahern painters were unfailingly polite, were quiet and professional in their comportment, and worked without interruption. When they were finished, the house was beautifully and flawlessly done and no part of my landscaping was disturbed. The entire job took about five days. Mr Ahern, the Company's owner, was on the property most days to oversee the work, but when he was not there, he left behind an effective foreman to answer my question and to alert me to the progress of the work. During the months after the completion of the work, Mr. Ahern has been back to inspect it several times, a practice he maintains with his customers to ensure that no belated problems have developed. My original instinct was to address my needs with vinyl siding, but the choice of painting using Ahern Painting, allowed me to keep the integrity of the original house in tact and the vinyl covered homes in my area clearly looked downgraded compared to my finish.

Description of Work
Ahern Painting painted all aluminum trim on the the exterior of my brick home including the siding and fascia, the soffits, the front frieze board, all door and window frames, the cellar door and frame, the shutters, the front door and the lintels and vents. Prior to the painting, Mr. Ahern met personally with my wife and myself to discuss the proposed project in detail. He provided the technical understanding we needed which assured us that the aluminum areas of my home could be painting in a way that would hold up for years (and today it looks as bright as it did when it was completed). In addition he provided color scheme suggestions while working closely with my wife to select the colors that we finally decided on. Once the tentative decision was made, he produced computer generated prospective photos of our house showing us what we could expect upon completion of the project. He provided a full and detailed written proposal, which, once accepted, he honored to the letter.

Aqua Dry Basement Waterproofing

Aqua Dry specializes in Basement & Crawlspace Waterproofing Science and we are Foundation Repair Experts: We invite you to take advantage of our one time free estimate / inspection offer and the most competitive financing options. We realize damp, wet, smelly basements can be very frustrating. That's why we offer a 21 point inspection to determine the cause of the water intrusion and mold growth. Aqua Dry has achieved the highest accolades for their proactive technology, hands on craftsmanship and superior mold remediation practices. Go from Wet to dry in 2 days or less. Our motto is to affordably solve your water intrusion concerns, in addition too, designing the best defense to combat against all Microbial growth and Mycotoxins. Finally, there is "One Local Waterproofing Expert" who cares about your home and your families health. As we continue to provide the most effective methods in achieving a healthy proactive Basement environment - Call Now 215-432-7122

Offers by Aqua Dry Basement Waterproofing on Angi
    Dry Tech Waterproofing Solutions

We are a locally owned and operated basement waterproofing company with over 25 years experience. With over 10 years of servicing the tri-state area, we have many satisfied customers. In addition to our quality workmanship, our warranty is among the best in the industry! Call now for your FREE, no obligation, in home estimate.

Paradigm Home Solutions

Proudly serving Pennsylvania, New Jersey & Delaware. A 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and the 2020 Super Service Award winner, Paradigm Home Solutions is the company you've been looking for. Paradigm Home Solutions offers Basement Waterproofing, mold removal/remediation, plumbing and water heaters services. If you’re looking for a company who sets itself apart from the rest, one that truly stands behind its word, you’ll want to contact Paradigm Home Solutions. Unlike most companies, you will have the Owners, onsite, working alongside of our Foreman from start to finish. This will give you peace of mind, knowing the job will be done to the highest standards. Our existing plumbing Customers will never have to pay an emergency service fee. In addition, we will always extend additional discounts when our existing customers continue to use Paradigm Home Solutions for additional work. Owned and operated by Andrew Kevitch and Master Plumber, Ross Pressman, Paradigm Home Solutions is a family-run venture that has deep roots in the community. With decades of combined experience in basement waterproofing, plumbing and heating and mold remediation, these industry professionals are eager to demonstrate their outstanding services. 2014 - 2020 Super Service Award Winner Several consecutive Honor Roll months Angie's List "Certified" Contractor

Offers by Paradigm Home Solutions on Angi
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Painting Interiors & Exteriors, Historic Restoration, Aluminum & Vinyl Siding Refinishing, Drywall & Plaster Repair, Natural Wood Finishes, Deck Refinishing & Restoration, Basement Floor Epoxy, Garages, Power Washing, Mildew Removal & Mildew Prevention, Decorative Finishes & Wood Graining, Wallpaper Removal, Dry & Abrasive Blasting. Stucco.