Culligan Concrete & Masonry

Founded 2005 • With Angi since March 2012

283 Ursinus Crt

Pemberton, NJ 08068

Owner operator with 11 years of running a business 22 years of home improvement expreience. I subcontract off of companies but never hire subs why should you pay more than its worth....

10/11/2018

Larry W.

Everything was great, they took their time and did a great job, my wife and I are very happy with the results. We are having Ray back in a few weeks, to replace existing sidewalks, and a few other jobs. We highly recommend Culligan Concrete & Masonry

Description of Work
New retaining wall, and concrete driveway replaced

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, masonry

09/19/2018

EARLE W.

Ray was always prompt on responding to phone calls . He and Edwin were very professional in their work and personable as well . We would definitely hire them again !

Description of Work
sidewalk repair

10/16/2017

Joseph B.

Ray was excellent and explained the work that needed to be done thoroughly. The job was completed on time and the result was excellent. Pricing was reasonable. Overall, a great experience and I would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Concrete repair work on a set of concrete steps as well as filling in a large crack in a concrete wall for a commercial building.

Category concrete repair

10/03/2017

Darlene O.

Excellent in every aspect of the job!

Description of Work
Had concrete porch stuccoed and new sidewalk poured new handrails installed on porch

05/19/2017

Joe E.

Work started on time as promised and was complete only a few days late due to weather. Looks great.

Description of Work
Replace concrete driveway.

02/03/2017

Vera D.

Ray Culligan is my first choice when I need professional work done. He is such a pleasure to work with. He has done several jobs for me before and as always, Ray and his crew did a great job!

Description of Work
I had a 10ft x 24ft patio installed in the backyard of my new home.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, masonry, patios

02/03/2017

Paulette B.

I had some reservations, it would be an ?A-?on this one, but I?ll still give them an ?A?. The only reservations that I had on this last one was the fact that the quality of the work on that one seemed to have shown that they were in a little bit of a hurry. Like there is a crack in one part of the cement that shouldn?t be there, but I have just been so busy that I just haven?t gotten around to calling them back on it. So, I?ll take reasonability for that, but they did the front driveway with absolutely no problem. They also extended my driveway. I have actually had them three times. That?s why I hesitated and I said, I would give them an ?A- ?, was because the first 2 times were excellent, and I don?t really know what happened with the third one. I still plan on calling them back to seal it, so at the time that I call them back to seal the driveway, I?m going to talk to them about the crack in the patio.

Description of Work
I had concrete work done by Culligan Concrete & Masonry. They put in a concrete patio for me.

Category concrete repair, patios

01/09/2017

Jane S.

Fantastic. My husband and I were very impressed with the work done by Ray and his team. We needed to replace certain bricks that unfortunately were no longer available. Ray came up with a plan to chip out and move certain bricks around so that the different bricks were hidden, and his team executed the plan with impressive results. Aside from the professional work, Ray and his team were just really nice, "good guys" that were a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Our front steps had crumbling bricks, one step was loose, and the handrails wobbled. We needed it all repaired and some bricks replaced.

11/04/2016

Giovanni S.

Excellent, Ray and his crew scoped the jobs well, made recommendations, and did high quality work. I'll be using them again in the future for other jobs, I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
We had a brick paver patio installed, a walkway, concrete repairs, and retaining wall.

Category decks, concrete driveways, excavators, masonry, hardscaping

11/03/2016

James M.

everything went smoothly. highly recommended. very neat and punctual.

Description of Work
Cultured stone installed to front of house and sidewalks re done

10/25/2016

Sreenivas V.

Contacted Culligan for concrete steps. As the work was too small for him, he preferred to get big work to lock the schedule. So, walkways & porches contract was taken out from another contractor( who doesn't want to do steps) was given to Culligan's by paying $6,000 more than the original contractor because of pressing time schedules. Culligan separated the work into two separate contracts - porches and walkways into one contract ($12,000) and another contract for steps ($2,000). and singed only the first contract and completed in 3 weeks instead of 10 days. Then he started negotiating again for steps for which he was originally contacted. I feel unprofessional at this point and stopped working with him. Later on engage 3rd contractor to complete the steps for $1100. By going with Culligans, I overpaid, missed the schedules and he did not do what he was contacted for. Will never contact him again.

Description of Work
Concrete porches, walkways and steps.

Category concrete repair, masonry

I gave this customer extras while I was at his house.That I said I would do that wasn't on Contract.All his concrete had finish edges not on contract.Sidewalks were made wider and custom curves there was no extra charge.Only extra paid was to spread a pile of dirt about the size of a one car garage with bobcat for a few hundred extra.When job was completed he asked if I could wait 3-4 days for final payment I said ok.Then tells me ill get final payment when he has step estimate.A customer let me get to his job first so he could get work finished for his CO.After my final payment this gentlemen never contacted me to get the step estimate that I said I would give after he paid for first job.Hes happy with his quality of work and there were more things he wanted like a mailbox and some Vermeer stone but I said it would be on contract after the first project.I feel his job went well if he thought I was pricey why ask for step estimate and I would of tried my best for him to get his CO.So he could move in his new house.I don't feel this is a review of the work I did I feel this is a issue with the step estimate for a passing CO.

09/26/2016

Sally L.

OK. Went very well, everyone was helpful and very conscientious about the work and the clean u-up.

Description of Work
I didd this already; Did you lose it?

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, masonry

08/13/2016

Anthony F.

It went extremely well. Ray was a professional throughout. He was very careful when dealing with the township to make sure all the paperwork and inspections were lined up properly. It took two days to complete. Ray, Bill, and Matt worked very hard and the end product seems to be perfect. I am very happy with Culligan Concrete & Masonry and hope to use them again in the near future.

Description of Work
The entrance to my driveway (apron and curb) needed to be completely removed and replaced. My wife's SUV was scraping the ground because of the huge disparity in the road and driveway entrance. Forget about trying to park a car in the driveway. (Pictures enclosed)

06/30/2016

Frank D.

Culligan Concrete removed existing broken apron and poured new one. The job went very well. The result is a big improvement. They also repaired a number of small cracks in the foundation. We will be using them again in the future.

Description of Work
replaced existing concrete apron in front of garage. repair cracks in foundation.

Category concrete repair

06/15/2016

Jeff M.

Culligan Masonry was an absolute pleasure to work with on repairing our front steps. Ray and his team were great. I received a detailed written estimate and was made aware of the work involved and project time frame. The job went off without a hitch. They worked around our schedule, we got lucky with good weather and the project finished extremely fast. Extra work was performed to fix unseen damage, and I'm confident that Ray's experience has fixed my problems with this part of my house for a long, long time. I'm very satisfied with the end result. Everything looks brand new. I would highly recommend their service to others!!

Description of Work
Front Porch with Limestone Steps Restoration

Category concrete repair, decks, masonry

11/08/2015

Wanda C.

He did an excellent job. The price quoted also included price to seal driveway. I would definitely recommend him to my neighbors and do work with him again. I have a driveway less than 25 feet and made of concrete. He not only replaced it but gave me instructions on how to care for it. He will also seal the driveway. He is very honest. I thought the driveway seal was more and he reminded me of the cost which was considerably cheaper than I thought. I can not recommend him enough.

Description of Work
Concrete driveway replacement and seal.

09/26/2015

Paulette B.

Ray is a very busy man but once you work with him you understand why. We had to wait approximately 2 months for him to get to us but his work was well worth the wait. He is very conscientious about his work and instills that work ethic in his team members. He exercised forethought and took pride in preparing for all the different phases of the driveway and the pad. He even made it his business to constantly watch the weather report, to ensure that it wouldn't rain at the time when cement had just been poured, as that would mess up the whole project. We had to extend the project a couple days because of the rain. Once the cement was poured, Ray actually did the final smoothing of the cement himself. It was like watching an artisan, as he worked. Yes, in order to get started, we had to wait longer than previously anticipated. However, we felt from our initial conversation with Ray, that he was a person who would treat people with the same professionalism and respect that he would expect himself. We weren't mistaken. I will offer an example of what I am saying. Ray had initially scheduled our job to start somewhere around the middle of Sept. Unfortunately, around the middle of August we were hit with extenuating circumstances that required the completion of our job as soon as humanly possible. When I explained this challenge to Ray, he worked things out in a way that got him here a couple weeks earlier. He was under no obligation to do this but he did and it was greatly appreciated. If you are looking for someone who takes pride in their work and tries to satisfy his customers to the best of his ability, then I would definitely consider Culligan Concrete & Masonry. As long as you don't require that the work is done immediately, you will be pleased that you waited. Thank you Ray.

Description of Work
1. Replaced single driveway with a double one. 2. Laid a concrete pad for a shed.

08/24/2015

Pamela M.

The price was reasonable and they worked with us to get exactly what we wanted, Th owner was on site the entire time and made sure all our concerns were addressed. They weren't the cleanest looking bunch but they're concrete guys so - if they're clean there's something wrong!!! Very pleased with their work and the price was dead on.

Description of Work
Original quote included 40' of sidewalk, double apron and a section of concrete between the house and garage, reduced work down to sidewalk and some dry laid pavers.

08/16/2015

Lisa M.

Due to a cancellation, our job was scheduled earlier than expected. Ray's crew showed as promised and got the job done on time as promised. Everything was cleaned up nicely and the sidewalk came out great - we had a few slight curves put into the walkway and we are very happy with how it turned out.

Description of Work
We had a new concrete sidewalk installed in our front yard

07/13/2015

Stephen S.

We didn't order the work to be done (at least not yet). (Opted instead to try to get new fence installed by fencing contractors).

Description of Work
Came out and did an estimate for removal of earth plus for him to put put in 10ft wide, 29 foot long widening of existing driveway with 5x 10 foot extension of apron. 6 inch concrete with wire mesh. 4000 PSI concrete.

06/19/2015

Paulette B.

I called Culligan Concrete and Masonry to get an estimate on re-doing my driveway. He (Ray) came out the next day (Sunday) to do the estimate. This was very impressive to me. I didn't think anyone would come out on a Sunday and it was his suggestion. In talking with him, I found out that I wasn't even his only estimate for that day. He arrived approximately 10 minutes early. Unfortunately I wasn't home yet but he had no problem waiting for me for the next 10 minutes. Once I was home, he did the measurements and gave me a written estimate on the spot. Ray also showed me pictures of work he has previously completed. The only down-side for Ray is that he is booked for the next couple of months. I did have other estimates done but I am going to wait the additional time to get him to do the job. He is very professional, very personable and from the reviews I have read on his company, he is also very good at what he does. One of the other companies I talked to didn't even care enough to come out to do the estimate, he told me everything over the phone, sight unseen. I didn't like that. He may be busy but so is Ray. I look forward to giving another review, once the work has been completed. Thank you Ray.

Description of Work
Responded to my request for an estimate

06/18/2015

Micah P.

Ray was excellent - attentive and patient. In the end we decided not to do the project for other reasons, but would high recommend him!

Description of Work
Gave me an estimate for the replacement of a concrete driveway with a paver border.

Category concrete driveways, landscaping, hardscaping

05/11/2015

Richard L.

Ray Culligan was responsive and professional from beginning to end. He and his crew performed high-quality work. The finishing work Ray performed on our walkway was meticulous. The walkway looks very attractive and we are very pleased. We would recommend Ray to our friends and family without any reservations.

Description of Work
Replaced front cement walkway from driveway to front door of house. Installed underground PVC pipes to channel water runoff from downspouts away from foundation and out several yards onto our lawn.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, doors

05/08/2015

tonya T.

From the first time I spoke to Ray i felt comfortable. He was very helpful with providing other idea for my property that i did not even think of. He understood that i had a deadline and worked with me to insure that the work was done in 3 days. He always responded when i contacted him.. Ray's employees were great also, They were on time and did not bother me unless needed. Only issue was that they left my garage open without tell me. I have recommended them to others.

Description of Work
Replace concrete driveway

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators

01/23/2015

Vera D.

I selected Culligan Concrete and Masonry because he gave me the best estimate and came highly recommended by a previous customer. Ray took the time to understand exactly what I wanted and he really went all out to ensure that I was pleased with the results. He kept me informed throughout the process and explained things in detail. I am very pleased with the entire experience and would not hesitate to recommend him and obtain his services in the future.

Description of Work
Ray and his crew did a total rehab of a rental property including painting, ceramic tile flooring, put up walls and replaced ceilings. He also installed windows and lighting, cleaned the gutters, added down spouts, repaired the porch, and rerouted the sump pump, and cut back the trees. He did everything I asked for and more.

Category ceramic tile, decks, concrete driveways, drywall, gutter repair, tree service, interior painters

All County Waterproofing

All County is a family owned and operated company. All county does not sub-contract their work - in fact most of New Jersey's builders look to All County for their waterproofing and foundation needs. All County is New Jersey's #1 waterproofing, mold, and structural repair specialist. We offer special discounts for senior citizens, the men and women of our armed forces, as well as policemen, firemen, and teachers.

Mel Canon LLC

Mel Canon LLC We install hardfloors, laminated floors, ceramic tile floors, bathroom tiles (floors and walls). We also repair and build decks. We do free estimates. Since we are a small company, I, Mel Canon, always personally operate every single project. I do not just send workers out by themselves to complete the job.

Offers by Mel Canon LLC on Angi
    Aqua Dry Basement Waterproofing

Aqua Dry specializes in Basement & Crawlspace Waterproofing Science and we are Foundation Repair Experts: We invite you to take advantage of our one time free estimate / inspection offer and the most competitive financing options. We realize damp, wet, smelly basements can be very frustrating. That's why we offer a 21 point inspection to determine the cause of the water intrusion and mold growth. Aqua Dry has achieved the highest accolades for their proactive technology, hands on craftsmanship and superior mold remediation practices. Go from Wet to dry in 2 days or less. Our motto is to affordably solve your water intrusion concerns, in addition too, designing the best defense to combat against all Microbial growth and Mycotoxins. Finally, there is "One Local Waterproofing Expert" who cares about your home and your families health. As we continue to provide the most effective methods in achieving a healthy proactive Basement environment - Call Now 215-432-7122

Offers by Aqua Dry Basement Waterproofing on Angi