Artistic Fence Co

Founded 1983 • With Angi since November 2005

757 River Dr

Passaic, NJ 07055

Award winning. Locally owned & operated. New Jersey Home Improvement Contractor License #13VH00122400...

04/10/2019

Anthony V.

Took a week to get an estimate proposal after coming to survey the property. Company seem uninterested in working on my project. Hit me with an astronomical price, which companies often do when they don’t want your business.

Description of Work
Backyard Fence

04/29/2017

Eun L.

Chris came out after over two weeks of request to fix the fence, just to give us an estimate. I told Chris how we were disappointed with their service. He said, he would "take care" of us.T han they send us an estimate via mail. We tried to schedule again to have they come by to fix the fence. They totally denied coming by to give us an estimate. So disorganized that we had to prove to them they they came by. Than they sad quote was conditional in that they fix our fence when ever they are around our area. WTH. My husband and I both work. So if we were not there to pick up the phone than they won't fix it. So my husband tried to organize so that the fence can be fixed with them. They were so unhelpful that my husband finally gave up fixed the fence himself with our neighbor. Two weeks later these people had nerve to bill us for the work they DID NOT do! Crooks. Not only do they provide mediocre service, they are disorganized and most of all dishonest.

Description of Work
Totally disorganized and dishonest. We had our fence done little over 3yr ago. One of the panel fell off with some wind. We called them and see if they can fix it.

Category fencing

We are sorry you feel the way you do about our company but in all honesty it was a misunderstanding on both parts. You called the office for an estimate to do a repair on your fence which was caused by wind damage. Chris, our salesman, went out and looked at the repair and what would have normally been a much higher minimum service charge, he reduced the quote to $ 65.00 because you are a repeat customer. Chris then informed you that we would be able to do the job when we had a truck in the area, but we wanted you to be home to make sure the job was completed properly and everyone would be happy with the outcome. We had a truck in the area on April 21, 2017, and because I wanted to take care of you, I told the crew to reattach the sections. When they came back, they did not inform us that the sections were done by you but did check out your fence and secure all loose boards. When you called the office and informed us that you did the repair yourself, and that the bill should be destroyed, we did just that. This entire situation could have been avoided if you would have phoned the office and informed us that you no longer needed our service.

01/02/2017

Anne H.

The gentleman who did the estimate was on time, professional, knowledge, and did not try to sell me on anything that was unnecessary. He was excellent at problem solving some of the location issues. The people who did the installation were fantastic, working all day, on what happened the be the coldest day we have had in ages. They did a wonderful job!

Description of Work
We put in a fence for most of our back yard, to keep the dogs in and other woodland creatures out.

12/07/2016

Linda L.

In 2006 Artistic Fence installed a driveway gate for me. I assumed the latch would be operable from both inside and outside the gate, was disappointed to find it wasn't. No one ever offered us options at the time and I hadn't thought to ask. Well, we used the gate that way for 9+ years and now I decided it was time to see if we could once and for all get one that we can lock/unlock from either side. Apparently neither the salesmen, nor the installers, nor the business owner know the products well, because all of them have been here several times, and I still don't have a double-keyed latch. Nonetheless, they've had my money for quite some time, and they are not showing any signs of finishing the job. Frankly I find it very odd and unprofessional that they neither complete the assignment nor return my money. I can't imagine what the owner is thinking. I paid $200 deposit and $200 balance when I thought they had done the job. Part of that money was supposed to cover recementing a post into the ground. Now, should I have had to pay for them to recement a post that they had originally installed? Shouldn't that have been a permanent installation? I wasn't happy about it, didn't think I should pay for that, but agreeing to pay it seemed to be the only way I could get the salesman to follow through with any of this. Some portion of the money was to cover replacing the latch I already had with one that can be keyed from either side. Well, I got every song and dance from the salesman. Told me we'd have to cut the pickets in order to fit that kind of lock. Quoted me to replace the whole post because it must have been damaged. It hadn't been damaged. Never got back to me unless I called him. Went around in circles for over a year. Finally we signed a contract. Thereafter, installers came here 2-3 times with different latches. First time it wasn't even a double-keyed latch -- they knew nothing about my wanting that. Another time it WAS a double-keyed latch but it wasn't designed for double gate doors, so it could be pushed open without unlocking it. One guy told me that most people don't lock their gates at all -- ??? I didn't think a latch that can be operated from either side should be a difficult project, in fact, it seems to me most people would find that very convenient. It should be one of the options they offer, and they're IN the gate business -- so they should have access to all kinds of related equipment. The owner even came here once and looked at the situation, sent another set of installers here, again, with a latch that wasn't going to work. There is nothing unusual about our gate. This should be a very straightforward installation of a commonly available piece of equipment. The last time installers were here, WHILE they were here, I took note of the latch manufacturer, and I emailed him with photos and questions. He got back to me immediately with the model latch we need. I shared this info with the owner, Steve. I have never heard back from him. I have emailed and called, numerous times. I have mailed him a certified letter which was received and signed for. I have followed up with email and call to his very nice office person. And now I have no choice other than to pursue a refund via third-party complaint boards. What I'm left with now is a latch that can only be keyed from the outside, which is where we were when we started this inquiry.

Description of Work
In April 2015 I asked them if they could install a double-keyed gate latch on a gate they installed for me in 2006.

08/22/2016

Phyllis J.

I would highly recommend this company. From the initial contact with the front desk through the entire process, the people and their work were impressive. A chain-link fence was installed in my backyard in one day. The workers arrived at the time agreed upon. They were courteous and efficient. They cleaned up thoroughly before leaving. I called for a slight adjustment afterwards and the gentlemen who came out gladly took care of it. I am a happy camper! By the way, I had quotes from other companies and decided to go with Artistic almost from the beginning. One big reason for my choice was the way I was treated by the front desk people at the very first and the salesman, John, who came out to give the quote.

Description of Work
Chain link fence installed in back yard.

06/17/2016

Lesley B.

Very well. The whole process was very smooth. I obtained an estimate, paid a deposit and the company called me about 10 days later to arrange a service date. The fencers were punctual, professional and polite. The work looks great.

Description of Work
Replaced about 50ft of a chain link fence, plus a new side gate.

06/16/2016

Jose V.

The guys were very professional, neat, on-time, respectful and courteous. Eric who was running the job reached out to my wife who was home many times to confirm things to make sure things were done correctly. The way he spoke also made her feel at ease and although the job was one day, my wife was very happy and impressed. This is the second job with Artistic Fence and the previous job went good as well. Would definitely use again for future fencing needs and would ask for Eric again, if available. Thank You to all involved in making this experience so easy for us.

Description of Work
PVC Fence installation on one side of yard. About 90'.

10/28/2015

Jacqueline V.

The salesman, Chris, was excellent. We had to reschedule appointments, and were also delayed by the township. Chris answered the phone every time we called. He was kind, knowledgeable, and professional; we were very happy with him. On installation day, we had two men named Malicio (spelling?) and Eduardo. They were excellent also, and did a beautiful job. They filled in any high / low spots on the fence border with the dirt from digging post holes. (They did not leave any piles of dirt or rocks just laying around.) They kept the fence height level, despite not having a perfectly level area to work with. The also cleaned up after themselves including any little piece of plastic wrap or nails / screws. They too, were pleasant and kind. In another home, I had a different company install a fence, and they did not do nearly as nice a job. Artistic Fence Co. definitely went above and beyond any company I have dealt with in the past. I would very highly recommend them. Especially since we did have delays (not the fault of Artistic), and it was all handled smoothly, thanks to their professionalism. Lastly, there was no trouble at all scheduling the installation date. Five out of five stars!!!

Description of Work
They installed a five foot privacy fence. We dealt with the salesman, and two men for installation.

09/22/2015

Badria M.

The salesman and workmen were all professional, neat and on time. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They put up a beautiful wooden fence in my back yard.

06/23/2015

Halina H.

John the salesman was very detailed in describing our options as well as the requirements of the borough. He went over the details and provided a detailed estimate. When we received and signed our contract and after our downpayment, he reduced our price when we presented our Angie's List coupon. The crew of two installers worked diligently and professionally and completed the entire project in a day. They made sure everything was cleaned up and the packaging was taken away. I can't think of how they could improve their project.

Description of Work
Installed a custom fence around the perimeter of property.

05/28/2015

Suzanne M.

First and foremost, someone answers they phone and the show up. We had tried to use another company that is more local and competitively priced, but Artistic Fence actually responds. The price was about what we expected and the materials were as expected. The installation was quick and professional. They previously did a full fence installation that was equally satisfactory.

Description of Work
Repaired damaged fence sections

05/18/2015

Jean M S.

Went smoothly, showed up on time and completed the job efficiently and timely.

Description of Work
Reinstalled posts.

05/06/2015

Bob H.

Went very well from start to finish. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Installed a 30x50 fence

04/28/2015

Tom S.

They did decent work. They were prompt. They were good for the price.

Description of Work
I used them last summer for fencing.

04/19/2015

VICTORIA J.

Very professional - used old wood wisely and removed all debris.

Description of Work
Fixed broken fence.

01/27/2015

William H.

Met with them and then they scheduled the work on their own and got it done fairly quickly. Price seemed fair and the quality of work is good. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Repaired two sections of chain link fence in backyard damaged by hurricane sandy as well as repaired a wooden gate (hinges needed replacing).

01/20/2015

Erica K.

Kim did expert measurements and evaluated how we would get the fencing through the house in a smooth way. When the workmen opted for an easy solution at one point in the installation, rather than the one Kim and I had agreed upon, she got them to redo the work on the spot. The fence is absolutely beautiful and really makes the backyard, as well as being a security feature. Would definitely recommend Artistic Fence for all fencing needs.

Description of Work
Provided an 8 foot high fence with some very difficult and complex aspects of the installation around a huge tree trunk, preserving its natural beauty.

12/08/2014

Nancy W.

They were friendly and professional. To save me the trip home on a work day they came to my office to get my signature on the contract and pick up the deposit. They arrived when they said they would and performed the work professionally, even improvising a means of locking the gate from one side without a lock and key. I am very pleased.

Description of Work
Replaced an existing fence and added a gate.

12/04/2014

Joseph S.

Every Step was Prompt and Professional - From the initial contact to the finished product --- Office staff was helpful -- Sales staff knew product line well and was able to advise on options for the project -- Installation was within the time frame originally stated --- Installation crew was neat, courteous and efficient -- Overall a good experience --

Description of Work
Advised, Provided Material, & Installed 6" High Double Picket Aluminum Fence in Rear Garden

09/02/2014

Susan M.

Great experience from beginning to end. Kim came out to discuss my options and give me estimate and even provided it to me before she left! The guys who installed the fence were great, on time and very professional. They came across a couple of issues during the installation which they brought to my attention immediately to discuss how to handle. They finished the work in 1 day and it looks great!

Description of Work
Installed ornamental aluminum fence along front yard side of house and chain link along back. Big yard!

06/05/2014

Ashley S.

Artistic Fence did a terrific job in fencing off our backyard, putting up wood fencing on one side of our yard, gates across the driveway, one gate in the yard, and filling in some gaps in the old fencing with wood or chain-link depending on what worked best to keep our dog from getting out of the yard. They came in with a reasonable price, installed within three weeks, and secured a permit for the fencing with my town. One of the gates was not quite closing properly and Artistic Fence was great, coming out two days later and completely fixing. I would absolutely recommend.

Description of Work
Completed fencing on our partially fenced backyard

05/19/2014

Laurie K.

Everyone I had contact with -- from the estimate, to the phone calls, to the installation of my fence -- was professional, courteous, patient, and extremely knowledgeable and skilled. Terrific service, and I LOVE MY FENCE!! Thank you!

Description of Work
Installed new chain link fence in backyard

05/16/2014

Scott G.

Steve at Artistic was tremendously responsive and helpful during the entire project. We had some particular requirements that we wanted and Steve was more than willing to do the things we wanted in the way we wanted. The result is fantastic. If you are looking for a fence company, stop searching, book Artistic. Thanks Steve. Great job. SG Westfield, NJ.

Description of Work
Artistic Fence removed my old cedar fence and installed a fully compliant pool cedar fence around my property.

05/06/2014

John M.

Artistic is very professional and did the job at a good price. This is the second time we have used them. First time in the back yard for a fence and arbor. It came out really nice and is still in great shape almost 3 years later. This time in the front yard and the job went very smooth.

Description of Work
Fence

04/24/2014

Charles R.

Steve - the owner of the company was a absolute pleasure to work with. Had them in to make significant repairs to my fence and he was friendly and honest and I can clearly see why their tag line is "the good fence people" He treated me fairly and he and his key company personnel had kept in communication with me over the winter/early spring and worked around my schedule to make the repairs. I recommend these guys and would work with them again in the future.

Description of Work
Aristic Fence Company - the good fence people - Repairs to Cedar Fence