FLOORTOWN

Founded 1956 • With Angi since December 2005

483 ROUTE 17 South

Paramus, NJ 07652

Floor Town of Paramus NJ is a full service flooring store. We handle it all from sales and service to installation. As well as, we handle insurance claims. Weather you are looking for Hardwood flooring, Carpet, Tile, of Laminate we will be sure to help you find the perfect floor. Remember if its for the floor its in our store....

07/12/2017

Dan P.

They never get back to you when they say they will, very poor customer service and price quote was $2500.00 - $3000.00 dollars higher then all the others I received. You also have to go to the store and pick the floor you want to get someone to come out to measure for the estimate and then wait around for over a week. Most flooring contractors bring samples to your house.

Description of Work
New vinly flooring

Category flooring contractor

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], Please accept our heartfelt apologies for your recent experience at Floor-Town. It appears that you may have had the misfortune of reaching out to us at a particularly busy time; perhaps when we might even have been short-staffed. Unfortunately, these situations do occur from time to time and, as you can understand, they are extremely difficult to predict. We do apologize for any unnecessary waiting time that you might have experienced. What alarmed me most about your review, however, was your frustration with being asked to visit our showroom prior to our taking measurements at your home. Because investing in a new floor is a big investment for most of our customers, we encourage them to stop by our store prior to taking measurements in order to save them time in the long run. We've found that once customers settle on a product (or have narrowed it down to two or three choices), our flooring consultants are able to provide much more accurate estimates for the total project. Moreover, with a collection of over 10,000 products, we've noticed that customers always change their minds once they've been to the showroom, seen our array of products, and have spoken in detail with one of our consultants. Though other stores may not use this approach, we have found it works best for our customers. Again, we apologize that it didn't seem to work for you. We are truly grateful for your review Mr. [Member Name Removed]. Hopefully, we have cleared up any outstanding concerns or points of confusion. Please know that we look forward to working with you again on your next flooring project. Kindly, Dave Federici, owner of Floor-Town.

05/17/2017

Bobby J.

The staff at Floortown exceed my expectations. It was a pleasure working with Dave and his team. Dave was always available and took the time to the answer my questions in detail as well as walked me through the full installation process. Dave was not your typical salesman that was only interested in selling you his product and services. Dave would call and stop by to make sure everything was going smoothly during the installation. After the job was completed, he came back to do a full walk through and checked every area in detail to make sure the job was done correctly. Dave always asked how my family was doing and on numerous occasions we ended up talking about football and the market. Dave is a really guy. The quality of the work was impeccable and i couldn't have asked for more. Cynthia was great and always help and the installation team was first class, meticulous and professional. The Floortown team is really amazing.

Description of Work
Basement floor

03/06/2017

linda G.

Perfectly - work done timely and neatly and their follow up regarding our satisfaction was terrific. This is the third flooring project Floortown has done for us, and both their product and our budget needs were complely met.

Description of Work
pulled up carpeting in bedroom/loft area and replaced with wood flooring

01/17/2017

Jim H.

Without a hitch. We stopped into Floortown Paramus and Steve explained our options for product and the installation process for each. Once we decided on a floor type he helped us choose the best one for our kitchen. All the folks at Floortown were very helpful and the install went great. Steve set up a follow up meeting at our home to make sure we were satisfied with the job. I wouldn't hesitate to use Floortown Paramus again.

Description of Work
A faulty dishwasher ruined our kitchen floor and the subfloor beneath it.

01/16/2017

Ed I.

Excellent outcome. Quality product/services at a competitive price.

Description of Work
We had a new dining room floor installed. Excellent service, installation. Steve (store manager0 was courteous, knowledgeable, and very professional. Very pleased with all aspects of he service.

01/03/2017

Joe C.

Very professional arrived on time and in 3 days had the job finished to my complete satisfaction.

Description of Work
Ripped up wood floor that they had put down 2 years before because of water damage from my boiler. Replaced floor with an upgrade in quality. Also replaced a rug in a small office.

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

[Member Name Removed] - Thank you, on behalf of everyone here at Floor Town, for your kind words. Very much appreciate your time in letting potential customers know what they can expect from when signing up with Floor Town. Thank you. Marnie - Customer Service Manager

12/13/2016

Jean K.

It went very well. The installers were professional and courteous and were very neat. Would recommend Floor Town to anyone. They were the best.

Description of Work
Had a beautiful engineered wood floor put down in my Dinning Room

Category hardwood floor

09/01/2016

Carol K.

From my first phone call to the final inspection, service was excellent. I was guided through the process and given choices within my budget. The workers were professional, punctual and efficient. After the job was complete, my salesperson Dave came by to inspect as well. Extremely satisfied!!

Description of Work
Removal of old carpet and installation of hardwood flooring and carpet.

07/19/2016

Donna M.

We were treated to superior product and service from beginning to end. The installers were accommodating, friendly and neat. Overall, we were extremely pleased with everyone from Floor Town, and our basement looks great!

Description of Work
Installed coretec plus locking plank flooring in apprx 850sf basement

04/07/2016

Jason J.

I used floor town for an installation of new hardwood floors throughout an entire 3 bedroom home. The installers were very professional and the job included demo of the existing hardwood and tile throughout the entry way and kitchen. They also nailed the entire subfloor to the joists to eliminate squeaking and glued and nailed the new hardwood throughout. To finish, they installed new base trim throughout the house and cleaned the floors to perfection before leaving. I was very impressed with the thorough planning before the project began, including pictures and measurements of every room. There was a minor issue that was discovered weeks after the install in a corner of one of the rooms and they were at the house in under 2 days to correct it and make it just like new. Definitely would recommend them to a friend.

Description of Work
Demo of old flooring, prepping of subfloors, installation of new hardwood, installation of base trim

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

(Removed members name), Thank you for your thorough review, and for taking the time to share your positive experience in working with Floor Town with others. Customer service is our number one priority and receiving this type of feedback is extremely valuable. We are extremely grateful for your business, and look forward to working with you again when the need arises.

03/13/2016

Susanne D.

They were knowledgeable, reasonable, and easy to work with. The job was done quickly and it turned out beautifully. I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
They designed and installed a laminate flooring in my basement.

11/15/2015

Margaret B.

About a year ago, I had Floor Town install laminate flooring in a bedroom. This year I went back to them to have flooring installed in the rest of the bedrooms. The owner, Dave, came to my house with samples so we could get a close color match, took measurements, and gave me a quote on the spot. He was courteous, professional and very helpful. The installers came right on time, worked hard and completed the job in 1 day. I can't say enough about how pleased I was with the installers. They were respectful, cleaned up their mess and did a great job. They fixed the squeaks in the floor and their installation was impeccable. The floors look fabulous and I couldn't be happier. Maybe a little pricey but well-worth it. I've had experience with shoddy installers from big box stores but Floor Town is definitely way better!

Description of Work
Installed laminate flooring and quarter-round molding in bedrooms

08/21/2015

Donald K.

I stopped into Floortown this morning and must say that Steve greeted me and was very pleasant and professional. I was with a friend and just mentioned to him that I was just going to look around. I told Steve what I Was looking for and he walked me thru many options for my kitchen floor. I was impressed with the selection in the store and the many options of laminate, wood flooring or vinyl. Steve explained all the pros and cons in detail and I actually ended up ordering a floor from this store. I was planning to go to Lumber Liquidators after this store visit and that was not necessary. Steve made me feel so confident and assured that this is the place to get a floor. I mentioned that I am very particular about installation quality and fit and he assured me that there own installers do the installations they are superb with fine cuts and details. My floor will not be installed for a few weeks but wanted to comment on the experience of this morning. After reading many many 1 star negative reviews on Lumber Liquidators I am so happy that I am going with Floortown of Paramus. After the installation I plan to do another review and I am sure. It will be totally positive based on my first visit to the store. Definitely stop by and see what I am talking about.

Description of Work
Discuss my plans got a new floor in extreme detail. Very happy with my initial visit.

04/09/2015

Melody K.

They were good. Everything went very smoothly. They were very easy to work with and were reliable. They are responsive and very professional.

Category flooring contractor

[removed member name] Thank You for your kind review and thank you referring Liz and Kirby Leung to us. We will be starting there hardwood flooring project in June 2015 Dave

10/03/2014

Jennifer D.

Purchased area rug from Floortown six years ago and the company's prices are still the best. Salesperson was happy to work within my budget and was helpful in assisting me in offering carpet choices. It appears Floortown does more business with companies and not individuals. Customer service was fine, but nothing extraordinary - walk-in customers seem to be the exception. But the reasonable price and accurate pick-up date was completely worth it.

Description of Work
Provided options to purchase area rug

07/28/2014

Nicholas M.

They did a great job. We only had to be out of the house for one day. The floors look great. In one of the rooms there were some holes in the floor that apparently had been drilled at one time to accommodate coax cable. We didn't see these before because they were covered by the rug. We called and asked if these could be fixed. They came back and installed some new flooring that blended perfectly with the existing floor. We are very happy with the work.

Description of Work
Removed carpet in 2 upstairs rooms, and resurfaced the floors. Installed new flooring on stair landing and resurfaced the stairs. Removed carpet in 2 downstairs rooms and installed new flooring.

01/01/2014

Ira W.

They did everything they said they would, and did it well. Someone stopped by constantly to ensure everything was going well. Excellent experience. Reasonable prices. High quality work.

Description of Work
Installed new hardwood floors in several rooms

05/14/2013

Joyce C.

Our home was visited by the owner, Dave, and the kitchen floor was measured. We received a very complete, thorough, and accurate estimate. Although the price was a bit higher compared to our other estimate, it was competitive. Dave and his office staff were incredibly professional, friendly, courteous, and responsive. However, as in many floor covering stores, the installers are not store employees. In general, the workmanship was sloppy and a return visit was needed to resolve several issues that should have been obvious. For example, tile grout had bubbles, a metal door strip was missing, corners and clamshell moulding were sloppy, and caulking was uneven. When the installers left on day #1, the job did not appear to be finished, although they thought it was complete. I contacted Dave and he was extremely attentive and responsive. A return visit from the installers was scheduled and Dave sent his business manager along to supervise. The floor is lovely but for $2400 I had higher expectations. The homeowner should not have to supervise the work of "professionals." I had to spend too much time and energy on this expensive project.

Description of Work
Old sheet vinyl kitchen floor was removed and replaced with Armstrong Alterna16" x 16" vinyl tiles in our 14' x 10' kitchen. This included two wood saddles (one in each doorway) and new clamshell molding. All excess debris was hauled away.

Category flooring contractor

(Member name removed), I appreciate your feedback and comments. We do our very best to satisfy our customers. Our business depends on referrals from customers like you, so we must be attentive and focus on delivering outstanding service. I can tell you when an installer does not perform to the high standards by delivering a final product that both our customers and FLOOR TOWN can be proud of, we do not take this lightly. I can tell you that the installer who did your initial job is no longer working for FLOOR TOWN. I apologize for the inconvenience to you. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know Dave Federici Owner

04/03/2013

MARGARET J.

They kept at the job until it was done.

Description of Work
Floortown installed carpeting and linoleum for us.

06/10/2012

Joanne T.

Installers were excellent- professional, neat, efficient. Company required full payment several weeks before the hob without explaining the requirement when job was contracted.

Description of Work
Kitchen pergo floor replaced with new laminate flooring.

Karan P.

They were very nasty and rude to deal with, and their prices were very high as well. Thus, I decided not to use them.

Description of Work
They provided an estimate for a floating linoleum floor in the basement.

salvatore S.

They arrived on time, completed the job early, and did excellent work. The entire process went very smoothly. When they left, I had nothing left to clean.

Description of Work
They installed laminate flooring in my house.

Ferdinand V.

The workers was on time, cleaned up after the job, and was pleasant during the installation. Furthermore, they were generally helpful and professional.

Description of Work
They installed carpeting in the basement.

Rick H.

I found themm to be very helpful, very nice, and they did a great job. Furthermore, they were patient and accomodating of my particular tastes.

Description of Work
They installed carpeting.

Dennis U.

Everything went well, and they were very helpful.

Description of Work
We purchased linoleum from them.