Walsh Chimney

Founded 1912 • With Angi since November 2009

Walsh Chimney is a full service chimney company that services all of New Jersey. We have Immediate Mobile Response Units standing by throughout New Jersey to serve you as quickly as possible. Our goal is to provide you the quality service and satisfaction you deserve by providing quality

chimney repair (36)chimney cap repair (8)chimney sweep (8)masonry (5)water heaters (2)HVAC Companies (2)

12/11/2018

David B.

Frank Walsh the owner of Walsh Chimney was probably the very best contractor I have ever hired. Personable, professional and knowledgeable. He's been in the business over 50 years. What set him apart from the other chimney contractors initially was he answers his phone and he calls you back!! He supplies all reviews of his work including NJ CONSUMER AFFAIRS. His crew were polite,personable,professional and extremely hard working. Frank gave a great price and successfully solved numerous problems encountered with job of which none were of his doing. Highly recommended

Description of Work
Replace tiled chimney flue's (2) with stainless steal liners

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

03/14/2017

Joan C.

Done timely,neatly and professionally We are extremely pleased with the service

Description of Work
Chimney repair and upgraded Mr Walsh also informed me of things we needed to bring up to code since our home is older.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 08/12/2016

02/14/2017

Dan G.

We have an old house and every one wanted to drop a new stainless steel flue in and he was the only one who would use the clay flue. He was nice and everything was good. We will use him again. He got all the permits for us.

Description of Work
He installed a new flue for the heating element for the furnace and also fixed the chimney cap.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

01/04/2017

Dave N.

They were prompt, clean and professional. I will use them again if needed.

Description of Work
They were hired for Chimney Repair.

Work Completed On 12/04/2016

09/27/2016

Denise Z.

They were great. We didn't even know they were there, they were so quiet and efficient. They made the furnace look great with the new vent pipes. Mr. Walsh also gave us some tips on how to save money and future problems. This company is really good. The only reason I took so long for the review is that I got the shingles. I would recommend Mr. Walsh and his crew with absolutely no hesitation.

Description of Work
Sprayed outside wall with moisture repellant, installed lining and new vents, refaced crown, etc.

Work Completed On 07/27/2016

09/17/2016

Joan C.

Excellent service, professional, prompt and informative Very satisfied

Description of Work
Chimney update

Work Completed On 09/17/2016

03/16/2016

J C.

Working with Walsh was a good experience from start to finish. Frank was very professional and reviewed several options for the needed repairs. The work was scheduled and performed in a timely manner. The brick work looks terrific. The crew was very responsive to questions and took their time to make sure we were happy with the results.

Description of Work
Repaired a brick chimney and installed new damper.

Category masonry, chimney repair

Work Completed On 03/08/2016

11/23/2015

Aaron G.

Finished on time professionally courteously. And in the rain. Gave lots of useful advice and tips during inspection Terrific experience using these folks.!!

Description of Work
Resurfaced exterior of chimney and inspected interior. Included matching texture of existing surface

Work Completed On 10/25/2015

08/04/2015

jennifer D.

It went horrible. First of all, I told the person in charge of the company that I needed to be out of my house by 1000 am to go to work. He said my appointment would be at 900am. He showed up at 9:40 am, which I figured is fine, as long as I can leave as soon as possible. BTW, before you get your chimney even inspected or cleaned, they have the first appointment to initially inspect it, which seems a little off to me. The man came to my house, and immediately came inside and said um, sorry but we can't do this chimney. I said, what are you talking about, and he said well it's not a mason built chimney with stones. I said I never had any problems with the company I used last year. He then said oh well we are the oldest chimney sweep company in North Jersey. I don't care if they are or aren't the oldest. If you can't do a specific kind of chimney, it should be put into the deal. I was completely disgusted by his attitude, lack of professionalism, and the fact that he wasted my time by telling me he couldn't do my chimney. Horrible company, and would caution anyone, who buys this deal to really know what you are asking for.

Description of Work
It was supposed to be to clean and inspect a chimney.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/28/2015

Dear [Member name]; I'm sorry you feel the way you do...But i never charged you,nor did i clean your chimney, We do not clean prefabricated flues,which Angie's List has clearly outlined on the featured ad your referring to,So how could a get a bad review for doing nothing wrong ? nevertheless i not knowing what type of chimney you had, i traveled a great distance to serve & inspect,which i gladly do with all new customers at no charge EVER,for your protection & ours,.I inspect your flues before allowing my men to enter your home or to climb your roof,for all the right reasons of liability,Also you said ,i said we don't do stone or masonry chimney's, Sorry you misunderstood, We do all chimney's ...But not PREFAB,and that is exactly what had explained to you, I do not believe in all fairness, i should be slandered for trying to explain how we work, I did not suggest anything that cost you a cent,I told you there were many companies,besides the one you previously used that are certified & do great chimney service,and they deserve your continued service. Thank You,I Remain, Walsh Chimney Contractors,LLC

04/16/2015

Raymond U.

He looked at the chimney from the outside. He stated the issue is inside. He goes in the house and looks at the furnace which is a 5/6 years old gas unit. I wanted the chimney rebuilt from the roof up. What the provider wants to do is rebuild everything. He went into everything that has changed since the the construction was done. My home was built 50 or more years ago. I understand codes change yearly but to the same effect a home built to code at time of construction does not need to be upgraded to every code if one thing goes wrong. I have had numerous estimates from other contractors who are completely willing to do what I ask for unlike this provider who wants to expand a necessity into more or less a full rebuild.

Description of Work
I asked for an estimate from the provider for rebuilding my chimney.

Work Completed On 04/16/2015

Dear Mr [Member name], I am truly sorry you feel the way you do,although my inspection for the work you were requesting my company to do was 100% proper, We do everything to your town code,The authority having jurisdiction, We cannot go atop a home and rebuild the top of a chimney before inspecting what is entering the base,As you stated codes change & yes if we were to do work for you it would be to today's codes,Furthermore I never said i would rebuild your chimney from the ground up, We never have, We only rebuild above roof level flashing line,We do however Reline chimney's from Fireplaces & Heating Systems from top to base, You asked me to come to your home to tell me what you wanted & to ask me how much, I tried explaining,in a professional manner at no cost what i propose, Again I never said I would rebuild your whole chimney,We mainly are experts in Relining & Repair, Along with chimney rebuilding with block or brick above the flashing lines. I Remain Faithfully, Francis H Walsh, Owner WALSH CHIMNEY PS if you could look over the review you wrote regarding my company & I,I would appreciate if you would correct the accusations you stated about me,which is untrue,for this is a mark against my reputation i nor my family deserve, Thank You

01/04/2015

Joelle J.

Frank Walsh came to take a look at the problem we had. (We noticed that our chimney above our roofline was crumbling.) He inspected our chimney from the bottom and fully explained what needed to be done (he recommended installing a new liner) and why (our flue tiles were askew, which could cause a blockage; our chimney was too wide in diameter for the BTUs put out by our boiler and hot water heater). He gave a detailed estimate as well. We booked the job and the crew came as scheduled. They were efficient and cleaned up very well after the work was done. They explained what was being done along the way, including one slight deviation from what was originally explained. The crew was polite and professional. I would recommend the company as well as use it again.

Description of Work
Walsh Chimney installed a new chimney liner and repaired my chimney crown and the portion of my chimney that protrudes above the roofline. The company added a cap to the chimney as well.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 12/01/2014

11/24/2014

Andrea S.

All levels of service were excellent. From first meeting with Mr. Walsh himself, to scheduling the job and to finishing the job. His workers were respectful of my furnishings and home and completed the job in record time. They also kept me abreast of happenings during all phases of the job. Excellent service.

Description of Work
Repair bricks to chimney that had fallen away, replace caps, line chimney, clean and repair bricks on the inside from house and replace the damper.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/25/2014

10/27/2014

Jerome & Florence L.

I got three quotes and he worked with me on the price. He was very professional, we talked face to face for about 35 minutes for the estimate. I'm very happy with my experience with them.

Description of Work
I needed to replace my chimney as I had a leak in it.

Work Completed On 08/12/2014

10/23/2014

Michele D.

Frank Walsh explained everything from start to Finnish. He worked with us during scheduling conflicts and made sure we were completely satisfied after the liner was installed. The first night we burned with the new stove we experienced a lot of smoke and called Frank and as it turns out the new stoves burn the oils off as they are brand new and he explained this to us. He was willing ready and able to send someone out if needed however the smell went away within 45 min or so. The team cleaned up left nothing behind they were very courteous. Highly recommend Frank and his team.

Description of Work
Chimney liner

Work Completed On 10/09/2014

10/05/2014

Charles C.

Friday night: installed liner in one chimney. Saturday: clear broken part of second chimney and placed new block on chimney from roof up. Sunday: placed liner in second chimney and coated both chimneys with Thermoseal. Connected both furnaces and both water heaters to the chimneys.

Description of Work
Lined chimneys (2), rebuilt 1 chimney above roof level, applied mortar bonding and Thermoseal to 2 chimneys.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 08/17/2014

06/18/2014

Rita W.

The crew was friendly and wanted to get the job done. Chimneys were filthy after not having been cleaned for years, and they look noticeably much cleaner. Chimney cleaning is a messy job. While the crew did lay down some tarp, we had quite a mess to clean after they left.

Description of Work
A three-member crew deep cleaned two wood burning chimneys and re-lined our oil burner chimney. The chimneys were also re-sealed and capped. They replaced a broken flue as well. Job took one full day, then a few hours the next morning.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/13/2014

04/15/2014

Charles J.

The guys showed up on Saturday morning at 11:00 am and worked until almost 10:00 pm to complete the job. There was a lot of tile and debris that had to removed from the basement and they did a great job cleaning up.

Description of Work
Replaced chimney flues for furnace and wood stove

Work Completed On 03/29/2014

03/12/2014

Eileen K.

The team, Frank, Keith, Jared, were very efficient and professional.

Description of Work
Chimney liner and related repairs.

Work Completed On 02/20/2014

03/10/2014

John G.

Started at reasonable time, worked all day. Kept me in formed as they went, cleaned up every thing when finished.

Description of Work
Installed chimney liner and cap

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 02/12/2014

02/26/2014

Jennifer E.

Keith & Chevron were very thorough, polite, & cleaned up well.

Description of Work
Lined chimney, cleaning

Work Completed On 12/04/2013

02/08/2014

Samuel R.

On time, reasonably priced for what was done, corrected the horrible problems, left by previous company. Exceptionally polite, neat, and explained what was done.

Description of Work
Changing water heater & furnace, chimney up to code and corrected chimney problem.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair, chimney repair

Work Completed On 01/20/2014

02/06/2014

Julia W.

He is kind and honest. He gave a professional opinion.

Description of Work
Mr.Walsh came to the house my clients would purchase to check if the chimney was in good condition.

Work Completed On 01/30/2014

11/18/2013

Linda H.

Prior contractor installed wrong size liner to chimney which prevented installation of new gas water heater. Walsh saw problem right away and completed the new installation which allowed for the gas water heater to be installed; they also provided necessary paper work for the inspection, which had not been dne by the prior contractor. Walsh was prompt and courteous and knew what the problem was over the phone before the visit. He also waited for the inspector to rate both installations.

Description of Work
relined chimney with proper size