JLB Design, LLC

Founded 2008 • With Angi since June 2013

P.O. Box 78

Oakland, NJ 07436

Experience: I am an NCARB registered architect and a member of the American Institute of Architects, a LEED AP (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design - Acredited Professional) and a proud supporter of the Institute for Classical Architecture & Art. I received a B.S. in Business Administration

08/16/2016

Matthew L.

Jason Ballinger of JLB Design, LLC did an excellent job on our project. He took time to understand our style and help us design our dream home. He walked us through a complicated renovation plan, including taking down several walls, working with an engineer to figure out beam placements, relocating a powder room creatively and much more. He helped us make decisions on building materials, select a contractor and understand the approximate costs of making certain decisions on the renovation. Jason also ensured that the town permitting process went smoothly. In addition to creativity and expertise, Jason is extremely professional and a very nice person. He sets realistic expectations and gets things done on schedule. We felt that he gave us a tremendous amount of personal attention. We would recommend him to anyone looking to renovate.

Description of Work
Full architectural renovation plan for 3600 square foot house, interior and exterior, including existing conditions , design, construction documents, and some construction administration.

Category architect

Thanks for the great review guys ! You were a pleasure to work with and I am glad you are happy with the design we worked out for you ! Enjoy your new home !

06/07/2016

Victor A.

I hired Jason to prepare a series of schematics for a commercial unit that I had leased, and I was very impressed with the level of detail that he provided in the work he did for our company. The main use of the schematics was to give the town’s planning board an idea of the layout of the office and degree of renovation that it would be required. With the blueprint that Jason provided I was able to get their approval as well as obtain the construction permits that I needed for a very reasonable fee without the need for additional blueprints and extra expenses. Jason works fast; and is very meticulous and detail oriented at the same time. I highly recommend Jason for any type of architectural work for a new construction as well as renovations of all kinds, commercial or residential.

Description of Work
Prepared schematics and blueprints for a commercial unit

08/09/2015

Kim M.

We reached out to Jason from JLB design after firing our first architect. Significant time and money was wasted and we were desperate to find the right architect. Fortunately for us, Jason was the perfect solution. There were two phases of our home renovations: a main floor remodel and an enlargement of a single-bay garage into a double-bay. Both phases of our project required expert architectural services and Jason did not disappoint. The interior renovations included the removal of a load-bearing wall that presented numerous design issues. Jason collaborated with structural engineer and created the perfect solution for the issue. The garage enlargement required the submission and approval of variance from the town. We were on a tight schedule to get the plans submitted and Jason was very accommodating to this dead-line. Jason was extremely quick to respond to additional requests from the town and in the end the variance was approved flawlessly. Overall, we look forward to working with Jason again on any future projects and highly recommend him to anyone in need of architectural services.

Description of Work
As-is drawings for entire house as well as plans for a kitchen remodel, removal of a load-bearing wall, and garage addition.

Category architect

Thanks [removed member name], Thanks [removed member name]. It was such a pleasure working with both of you. You are both model clients and I would consider myself lucky to work with you again. Good luck in your new renovation and may it serve you well for many years, until you need an architect to update it all that is....

09/17/2014

Lynn V.

Description of Work
We requested advice regarding a garage renovation. Jason was very responsive, came to our house and spent time with us looking at options and possibilities. We're not sure whether or not to proceed at this time, but we really appreciated Jason's suggestions and if we decide to move ahead we will definite consider JLB Designs for the architectural work.

06/27/2014

Christina L C.

The renovation has been put on hold.

Description of Work
Jason provided us with a quote for renovations we wanted to have done in the bedroom area of our home: combining 2 bedrooms for a larger master bedroom, expanding the master bath, changes to the hallway bath, and hallway to let in more natural light. He was very professional, prompt with his appointment, and with the delivery of his quote. His quote was very detailed!

03/11/2014

stephen K.

The Architect, Jason, personally met with me and asked great questions about my project, an addition to my mother's house, also ideas for an outdoor kitchen. Within a week, he met me at my mothers house to go over everything and he took measurements, etc. In another week, he met with me, 7:30 am on a Saturday mind you as I had a tight schedule, to go over the preliminary design. What can I say, he clearly listened to my every word because the design he came up with was nothing short of perfect !!! What was also nice was that he had a number of contractors at different levels of quality, and price obviously, so that I didn't over or under price the addition (I didn't NEED every bell and whistle, meaning there wasn't going to be fancy woodwork or anything like that). For the final design, he did these amazing 3D drawings of the existing house with the addition. It had furniture layouts and materials and everything. This was good for me because I don't know anything about design or decorating or anything like that. Then it came down to the cost. Everyone told me that architects are famous for designing the Taj Mahal when all you wanted was a powder room...lol. This made me nervous to say the least. But I have to say, Jason got three different bids and they all came within 10% of the number Jason had guesstimated....now that's a skill. At first I thought the expense of an architect was a little over the top for what seemed a simple project that contractor could probably manage, but hindsight is definitely 20/20 here. Jason made the process go smoothly. He got the drawings through the approval process pretty quickly and in a little over a month and a half, we were digging in my mom's back yard for a new addition. The addition is just about done and, I have to say, I love it and, more importantly, my mom loves it. Let me finish by saying this: Hire an architect and, if your in Northern or Central NJ, call Jason....he's awesome !!!!

Description of Work
The Architect, Jason, designed an addition to my mother's house, he also provided some design ideas for an outdoor kitchen.

FLUXPACE

FLUXPACE is a Design + Build company created in 2017 to fulfill the need of clients looking for a one-stop-shop for their renovation projects. We take care of your renovation from the first phase to the last phase of the project avoiding clients’ headaches and stress by dealing with multiple entities. Our team consists of licensed and insured architects, designers, DOB filing representatives, engineers, asbestos and lead inspectors/ handlers, plumbers, electricians, and general contractors to fulfill the needs of ANY renovation project. Customer Service: We provide a customer-centric experience focusing on clear communication to ensure you are satisfied with the end product. Our knowledgeable team will closely work with you ensuring you are informed and a part of the decision-making process every step of the way. We take each project seriously and aim to meet your needs. We will not consider a project complete until you are completely satisfied with the end results and seek to go the extra mile to meet your expectations. Renovation Projects: We deal with any project big or small from new builds to home renovation projects to include kitchen and bathroom remodels, interior design, unfinished basements, and landscape design. No home improvement issue is too big or too small. We handle everything from small remodeling to full blown renovations and developments. with our highly skilled tradesman, network of professional subcontractors, along with our experienced management team, we will work with you to complete your project. We provide environmental, residential and commercial services.

Award 2022
    Offers by FLUXPACE on Angi
    Friedman Architecture & Interiors

We provide Architecture and design services to the NY/ NJ area. We have experience with single family residential homes, townhouses, multifamily buildings, commercial offices, medical clinics, retail, restaurants, among others. We have dedicated experienced staff knowledgeable in construction practices and design at all scales. We can provide drafting support, 3d modeling and rendering. We can help you design your dream home.

Award 2022
    KAWALEK & KAWALEK

We are unique in the length of our experience, with a senior partner who has been in the field since 1958. Beyond that, both partners are skilled builders with the kind of hands-on experience that means we understand in practical terms how the buildings we design will be put together. Finally, we do all our engineering in house, so we can maximize value for our clients by not having to farm out various components of the design work.

JLB Design, LLC is a design oriented firm that specializes in small and large residential projects. I will take your project from Schematic Design through Construction Documentation and the Permit process. Although I am not a "Design-Build" operation, I have access to trustworthy contractors and, for an additional fee, I will do Construction Administration for your project to ensure the finished product meets your every expectation. I will also help you with small outbuildings and decks.

Structural or Engineering Services, Civil Engineering Services, Large/Small Commercial Architectural Services.