Jager Landscaping Inc

Founded 1971 • With Angi since June 2010

Jager Landscaping has been delivering quality service for over 48 years. We are a landscape contracting company with two divisions. One division is Jager Landscaping Inc. We provide complete landscaping services. Design/Build, all forms of retaining walls, patios, historic brick driveways and

4.4

lawn & landscaping (33)pressure washing (12)lawn care (12)deck cleaning (10)hardscaping (7)mulch delivering (7)lawn treatment (5)roof cleaning (4)decks & porches (4)tree service (2)siding companies (2)leaf removal (2)

Alma Z.

Exceptionally well. Jager Landscaping took my 20+ year old tiered garden walls and redesigned and rebuilt the walls to grade better with my sloped backyard. Crew was extremely professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Rebuilt a block wall

Category deck cleaning, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

RICKI H.

Have been using them for several yrs. Reliable, consistent staff. Excellent customer service

Description of Work
Patio, planting, lawn maintenance

Category decks, landscaping

Work Completed On 09/08/2021

Thank you for the great review. It is always a pleasure working with you.

Aaron L.

Excellent. Timely and professional.

Description of Work
N/A

Category landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

Cathy D.

Frank and his team are great and easy to work with.

Description of Work
N/A

Category landscaping, mulch, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 07/11/2020

08/13/2018

John S.

Edward and Roger were very attentive to our shrub trimming and shrub removal instructions and they were both quite professional. They also cleaned up the yard and pool areas perfectly. Great job.

Description of Work
Trimming live shrubs and removing dead shrubs

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 07/30/2018

06/23/2018

Wendy A.

It went very smoothly. The drainage job was a big project requiring a 50' french drain and 140' of pipe and it was completed according to schedule.

Description of Work
I needed all new plantings in the front of the house and a large drainage project on the side of the house.

Category landscaping, drain pipe

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

Thanks for the nice review. We appreciate it!

11/10/2017

Wendy A.

It went great. The grass has grown in nicely.

Description of Work
Had grass planted in my front yard where numerous trees had been removed.

Work Completed On 09/25/2017

02/06/2017

Kurt K.

The estimate was a little expensive. It is hopeful, but I haven't made a decision.

Description of Work
Estimate for follow up work on landscaping shrubbery and lawn work.

10/14/2015

david P.

very knowledgeable with great ideas and was able to understand what I was looking to do within. a few minuets. his personality alone made me want him to do the job.did exactly what he said he would do in the timeframe he said it would be done.will definetly use for upcoming landscaping projects

Description of Work
estimate for landscaping

Work Completed On 09/04/2015

09/05/2015

Michael S.

From day one Jager and his crew showed up early and got to work immediately. By the end of the first day, upon arrival at home, my wife and I were amazed at how much work had already been completed; the arborvitaes had been removed and in the back of the yard near the woods, they had cleaned out an enormous portion of underbrush, wild roses, leaves and branches (it already looked as if our yard had grown immensely). Each day Jager and his crew were incredibly professional, polite and even blew out any mess that was made at the end of each day. Each day Frank Jager made sure everything was running smoothly and addressed any concerns we may have had along the way. The finished backyard, side yard and pieces of the front yard is more than we could have hoped for. When we met with Jager we had given him an idea of what we wanted, we wanted it clean and inviting. We could not have imagined how beautiful his vision would be. We now have a whole new room to use on our property and are outside now every day. Our neighbors have even commented at how wonderful it looks, and they are even now renovating their backyard because they want it to look as good as ours! We highly recommond Jager Landscaping for any size job, you will NOT be disappointed!

Description of Work
Jager cleared, graded, and added beautiful hardscaping and landscaping to my entire back and side yards. My home is on a hill of approximately a half acre of land with woods in the back. Jager cleared the rear woods of all wild roses, leaves and branches. He removed the old (eaten by deer) arborvitae around my patio, and got rid of the underbrush along the right side of the property. In order to keep rainwater from eating away at soil around my property (and more importantly, to keep it away from the house), Jager masterfully installed stone drains along the right side of my property and in the back of the patio and retaining wall. In addition, in order to collect and get rid of water coming from my neighbor’s property (which is elevated a little higher than mine), Jager built a large berm along the right side of my yard — and in between, a storm drain was built As a result, Jager figured out how to collect ALL the water coming off the neighbors property into my yard -- and successfully drain it out and away from my house. Around the berm Jager planted many plants such as Euonymus Burning Bush, Colorado Blue Spruce, Gold Coast Juniper and Hybrid Rhododendron. In addition, 2 large gardens were installed along the edge of the back woods. Each garden contained, among other plants, Gold Thread Cypress, Bloodgood Maples, White Spruce and Porcupine maiden grass. Some Euonymus Burning Bush were planted next to an existing group of trees. Across the back patio and retaining wall American Boxwood were planted in a 3 ft. wide garden bordering the outline of the wall. In front of the Boxwood the stone drain mentioned above was beautifully bordered with 6” River Jack to divide it from the lawn. 3” River Jack was placed on the surface of the drain. This drain was then connected to the drain on the right side (coming from the new berm) and piped down away from the house. In addition, Jager planted Gold Thread Cypress, Red Pygmy Barberry, William Penn Barberry and Goldmound Spirea on the left side of my backyard. In the corner a Dwarf Blue Spruce was planted along with Golden Nugget Barberry. A Plum Tree was also planted in the other corner of the back. Going down the right side of the house Jager planted numerous Japanese beautyberry down and around my A/C units. A 5 ft. wide Burgundy stone path was installed in the center of the side. The walk was outlined with 6” River Jack. Topsoil was added to both sides and ostrich fern planted. The entire new garden areas were top dressed with 2 1/2” Premium wood mulch. Finally, Jager installed several steps from my back patio and up to the new backyard. He completed it in such a way that it looked natural to the design and blended in perfectly to the backyard.

Category landscaping, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/08/2015

06/21/2015

Kirsten B.

They were very professional and did a good job. The men worked efficiently and did exactly what they said they were going to do. The owner followed up with instructions on how to care for the new grass.

Description of Work
They regraded our yard after having a generator and gas line installed. They put down new top soil and grass seed.

Category landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 05/22/2015

05/30/2015

John P.

Guys did a great job over two separate days with the power washing done one day and all the sealing work being done after everything dried.

Description of Work
Roof, patio and walkway cleaning, and deck stair cleaning and sealing. Also cleaned and sealed a large cedar wishing well be have on site.

Category landscaping, deck cleaning, pressure washing, roof cleaning

Work Completed On 05/01/2015

04/17/2015

Hal P.

It went very well. They did just what they said, they were reliable and they did a good job.

Description of Work
Powerwashed exisiting patio and regrouted it. I believe they sealed it, too.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing

Work Completed On 06/01/2014

02/23/2015

Steve T.

After having numerous terrible experiences I joined Angie's List specifically to find a reputable Landscaper that could bring back my yard after being destroyed by a few unscrupulous "lawn guys". I chose Jager and could not be any happier. I met with Frank early in the season and he laid out a plan that would take the first steps needed to get my yard back. I have tried people who said they could save me money but in the end it cost me twice as much. Frank and his team worked hard throughout the summer and fall to get my yard back. They did such a great job I decided to have a large row of hedges removed and replaced, plant my garden and mulch the yard. Some of this was done on a tight time frame and his team got it done and made sure my yard looked great. I have already received my contract for 2015 and there was no need to think at all. I will trust Frank and his team at Jager to get the job done. I absolutely recommend Frank and his team.

Description of Work
I contracted with Jager to bring my yard back from disaster. They started with a spring clean up that was basically doing a Fall and Spring job because my previous "guy" left all the waste in the back of the yard. From their I relied on Jager to do all of my fertilizing and seeding as well s the weekly maintenance. They did an excellent job. If I had a concern they addressed it immediately and made sure I was happy. In addition to my weekly contract I had them put down mulch, plant my garden and remove and replace a long row of Hedges. After all of that they finished the year by doing my fall clean up and prepping the yard for 2015. One other item is that all of the fertilizer was organic as my wanted to protect my dogs.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

Work Completed On 02/01/2015

01/27/2015

Cynthia C.

He provided us with a very professional estimate and package of information about his services and our options, and made a house call to walk us through the proposal. I was impressed with the service but we ultimately used a different vendor for a lower price.

Work Completed On 10/15/2014

12/12/2014

Jonathan S.

After agreeing on the services and the price we were just waiting for the weather to improve. After about two weeks, Frank showed up with his team lead to walk the property and show him all the work that was necessary. Later that day the lead and another worker came back and did the job. There was a lot of power equipment involved and hauling of debris. The work lasted over three hours made four. The landscape had not been tended to for a long time (just moved in) and there was the necessary fall clean up (no leaves) so there was a lot of work. Frank is very knowledgeable and generous with his time and information. There was a lot he told me about my foliage and pond that will be very helpful in the spring when I try to tackle more of the yard work myself.

Description of Work
Major landscape clean up

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

Work Completed On 11/09/2014

09/11/2014

John P.

We had an area of our property that was damaged by severe erosion over the last decade and needed a complete landscaping to be done in that area. The site needed to have existing deteriorated railroad tie retaining walls removed and then reconstructed to eliminate the flow of water eroding the whole section. I met with Frank Jager and was impressed with his professionalism and his enthusiasm with these types of projects. He was able to present an example of previous work for shady areas they had done similar in nature to ours. We worked together over a couple of weeks to come up with a suitable landscape design that solved all the problems and was also within our budget. When they started, the guys removed the existing retaining walls and then dug trenches for the new underground drainage addition that would tie into our existing landscape drainage to the street. After that was tested and complete, a large retaining wall was built out of boulders and the whole area was filled in with topsoil and sculpted to force any surface rain water in the correct direction. The existing blue stone patio was redone and restored to good condition. A burgundy stone pathway was added for access to the area, all mulched areas were completed, and ostrich ferns, Japanese golden grass, and a large pachysandra bed were planted. Clean up was completed, and all the existing lawn areas involved was restored from any damage or equipment tracks. A job well done.

Description of Work
Complete re-landscaping of the North side of our property including removing existing retaining structures, building a new rock retaining wall, new drainage, topsoil addition and area sculpting, patio restoration, pathway creation, mulching and landscape plantings.

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/05/2014

Review for Jager Landscaping Inc - 231 W Oakland Ave, Oakland, NJ - 9228354

07/07/2014

Mrs L.

We would have hired him except for the fact that his price was really high and lot more than we were willing to pay for the job. Especially since there was no guarantee that that the problem would be solved since a lot of the result would depend upon the weather and how well we watered the lawn for 6 weeks after he put down soil and seeds So we got a few more estimates and they were much more reasonable - about half the price.

Description of Work
Very professional in keeping appointment on time . Gave us a folder with a written estimate before he left and explained what he would do. and why. We needed our established grass covered backyard leveled because there were many bumps which made mowing a hassle. We wanted it leveled as much as possible without tearing up the whole yard.

Work Completed On 06/07/2014

06/16/2014

Kurt K.

We only had them one time for a clean up, they clean up all the leaves and took them away. I got them from Angie's List. The charge was a little high for us but they did an excellent job. We have to wait for them about week.

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 11/06/2013

05/08/2014

Cindy F.

I did not use Jager for the job because they were way out of line on price and unreasonable in his rationale on standing behind his work.

Description of Work
He quoted on power wash and sating the deck. His prices were very high and he said that he needed to strip the deck and that power washing would not do the trick. I finally got him to agree on a price for power wash and stain, rather than stripping the deck, but he said that he would not be able to gaurantee his work. If the stain did not hold he would not re-do it, but would charge me additional 800 dollars to fix it. Needless to say, that is why I didn't use Jager and would not recommend them!

Category decks, landscaping, deck cleaning, pressure washing

Work Completed On 04/24/2014

In my professional opinion and following manufacturing guidelines for sealing required that their deck be stripped in order for the sealer to properly adhere. The client felt that the deck did not require the stripping step. I then quoted them, at their request, another price without stripping the deck (against manufacturing guidelines and years of experience), but could not, in good conscience, guarantee the same results. Jager Landscaping wishes them well with their deck project and we are available for any other services they may need.

04/21/2014

Debbie K.

They did an excellent job, the property looks great especially after the long winter.

Description of Work
The y preformed our spring clean up.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 04/17/2014

03/15/2014

Greg M.

I told them exactly what I wanted and the company delivered a look that was even better than I expected. They transformed the look of our front yard and a section of the backyard. I was impressed with their selection of unique shrubbery. I'd have to say that thanks to Jager Landscaping, we have one of the best looking properties in our neighborhood.

Description of Work
Landscape design project

Work Completed On 10/15/2013

12/21/2013

Shannon M.

I met with Frank, who came to give me a consultation on removal of an existing paver walkway and installation of a new walkway. While Frank was punctual, professional, and knowledgeable, the price quoted for the service was unbelievably high. I received 4 other quotes for the same scope of work. The next highest quote was 1/5 of the price Jager quoted. All other quotes were in the same ballpark of 1/5 the price. As such, I did not use Jager for this project.

Description of Work
Quoted new walkway installation