A & J Roofing & Remodeling

Founded 1984 • With Angi since November 2014

97 Ramapo Hills Blvd

Oakland, NJ 07436

For over three decades, A&J Roofing and Remodeling has been providing professional roofing, insulation, siding, and gutters in Oakland, NJ and the surrounding areas. We are able to serve residential and commercial customers with quality installation and repair. Our year round 24 hour emergency service is available in case a disaster strikes your home or business. A&J Roofing and Remodeling is a local family owned business, and every job is supervised and guaranteed by the owner of the company!...

08/04/2014

Harry M.

They arrived on time and the day specified. 3 men set about removing moss and other stuff from the shingles. They operated in a professional manner and spent about 3 & a half hours to do the job. They applied a coating of some material that slowed the next rain storm to remove all stains. This was effective as the next rain caused to roof to look better.

Description of Work
Removed and treated roof for moss and other substances.

Category siding

07/02/2010

ROBERT H.

They were great. We spent $4500. I would recommend them. Everything happened on time. They gave me an estimate. They talked to me about. Everything was great. The quality of the work was fine. We don?t live in there anymore. They were absolutely responsive, punctual and very professional. We will use them in the future if we were in the area.

Description of Work
A & J Roofing & Construction put in the roof in November 2009.

12/03/2009

ANNIE P.

I wasn't happy with them. I thought they would put shingles on and they said they don't put shingles on a flat roof. They did the job and the roof started to leak. I called them back and it took them awhile to come. I called several times and they didn't answer. They fixed it and it hasn't leaked since then. The price was too high. They did the job in a hurry. When they came back the second time they didn't clean up.

Description of Work
A & J Roofing & Construction put on a flat roof.

10/01/2009

JOELLEN T.

John came and gave us an estimate which was substantially lower than the other two estimates we received for exactly the same roofing shingles and roof vent. John was very respectful of our time and didn't call too early on the Saturday morning that he came to sign the contract. The job only took a day and a half. The men were very efficient. They had to remove and replace our satellite dish and there was virtually no interruption of our tv service. John kept me apprised of when his men would be working and when they would quit for the day. I asked him to include two roof vents for the bathrooms and he did it himself with no extra cost to the job except the cost of materials. Each day all the debris was picked up and removed. At the completion of the job a clean up crew came and removed all debris and our property was left in great shape. Overall it was an excellent experience.

Description of Work
We needed to replace the roof on our house. John and his crew tore off the old roof, replaced it with new shingles and a put on a new roof vent and added to roof vents for our bathroom fans.

07/25/2008

JITTANARD S.

They did the best work and cleanup I have ever seen. Everything was very good. They were here on time and they never tried to cheat me. They were very professional.

Description of Work
A & J Roofing came out to put on my new roof.

07/16/2007

JOSEPH P.

This company was asking far, far less than any other companies in the area for this job. They were also very honest with me the entire time. They did not try and push work on me that did not need to be done. They were very truthful and up front about everything. I found their honesty to be most admirable and impressive to be frank.

Description of Work
I have a split-level home that is maybe 1500 square feet. This roofing company repaired a tear and repaired sheets for me on my shingled roof. They also put a new rubber roof on the shed which sits next to my home.

05/18/2007

SAUL C.

We were very happy with the work that A & J Roofing did. The work was finished in the time they had said it would be. Everything was cleaned up afterwards. The price was comparable with other companies that we checked. They brought several workers which sped up the job.

Description of Work
A & J Roofing installed new roof on our 2000 square foot home using asphalt shingles.

02/08/2006

THIS IS A LOCAL COMPANY AND THEY ARE VERY EASY TO WORK WITH. THEY WERE VERY RESPONSIVE WHEN I CALLED THEM. THEY DO QUALITY WORK AND THEY STAND BEHIND THEIR WORK. EVERYTHING WAS DONE AND CLEANED UP, WITH NO MESS FOR ME TO CLEAN.

Description of Work
I HAD NEW SIDING PUT ON OUR HOME AND GARAGE.

Category siding

01/26/2006

THEY WERE VERY GOOD. THEY RESPONDED RIGHT AND CAME RIGHT AWAY. I DID NOT HAVE TO CALL THEM THAT MANY TIMES. THEY HAD TO PUT ON A METAL PIECE THAT RIDES UP SIDE THE HOUSE. I HAVE A SPLIT-LEVEL HOUSE. ONE HOUSE IS LOWER THAN THE OTHER. WE HAD A LOT OF SNOW, AND WHEN IT MELTED THE WATER CAME INTO THE KITCHEN AND THEY CAME BACK AND REALIZED THAT THEY HADN'T PUT A METAL PIECE. THEY HAD TO PUT A HIGHER PIECE IN. THEY DID, AND THEY SHOVELED OFF THE ROOF WHICH THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO DO.

Description of Work
THEY TOOK THE OLD ROOF ON AND PUT A NEW ROOF ON. THEY ALSO DID GUTTER TOPPERS ON SO THE LEAVES WONT GO IN THE GUTTERS.

Category gutter repair, roofing

12/20/2005

Steven P.

THEY WERE RESPONSIVE TO MY CALL. THE OWNER IS FRIENDLY, COOPERATIVE AND COMES WHEN YOU PLACE A CALL TO HIS COMPANY. THEY WORKED EFFICIENTLY AND CLEANED UP AFTER THEMSELVES.

Description of Work
THIS COMPANY CAME AND TORE OFF ALL THEY OLD SHINGLES. THEY THEN PUT UP SHEETING AND RESHINGLED THE ROOF.

Bushos Seamless Gutters LLC

Owner operated gutter maintenance services included but not limited to cleaning, repair and installation. Free estimates! We speak english & spanish. Please give us a call today for your gutter services!

Offers by Bushos Seamless Gutters LLC on Angi
    Alpine Seamless Gutters

Over 20 years of experience,family owned business !!!

Offers by Alpine Seamless Gutters on Angi
    Carlson Brothers Inc

Since 1982 the three Carlson Brothers have been working on home improvement projects. Then in 1986 they team up to form the company and set out to improve and ensure each and every customer proper protection from the elements along with a touch of beauty. Through the years and continuous customer satisfaction and outstanding warranties Carlson Brothers has built a referral list in the thousands. During this period we have watched companies come and go while offering lower prices and warranties only worth the paper they are written on. Additional phone numbers - (908) 272-1266, (888) 882-2757 & (732) 477-8771. May contact through email. Additional DBA - Carlson Bros Roofing, Carlson Brothers Roofing, Carlson Brothers. Additional fax - (866) 400-4633. Award winning. Additional address - 6 Main St Ramsey, NJ, 07446.

Roof Cleaning, Roofing Installation And Repair, Re-Roofing, Seamless Gutter Installation And Replacement, Soffit Installation, Tear Offs, Trim Services, Siding Installation, Window Installation And Replacement, Door Installation And Replacement, ,Consultations,Leak Services,Repair & Restoration