OAK TREE FLOOR REFINISHERS

Founded 1989 • With Angi since January 2006

Forget about boring rugs and let Oak Tree Floor Refinishers Inc. in North Haledon, New Jersey, refinish, repair, or install beautiful hardwood in your home or office with our affordable flooring services. Depend on us to be on time and up to specs for all your flooring projects!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+11 more images

hardwood floors (57)flooring (12)

08/04/2020

Lisha P.

Rich was excellent - very prompt to respond to my request for a quote, excellent communication, easy to work with, reasonable price. His workers were awesome - professional, friendly and very high quality work. My oak floor has never looked so amazing. I have already recommended this business to my friends and I would definitely use Oak Tree Floor Refinishers again!

Description of Work
Needed a very worn oak floor refinished.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

08/03/2020

Donna C.

The work was top notch. The floors look beautiful,like new. The prices can be stressful when you are still living in the house but Oak Tree did everything that they could to help such as helping us move furniture. I would recommend them without reservation. I am thrilled with my new floors and they are just really nice people also. Thanks Oak Tree!

Description of Work
Every floor in my house was refinished

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

07/31/2020

simeon H.

The work was horrible, I don;t recommend them at all, The work was never completed, the owner was very rude, i asked them to stop the work today because everything was being done incorrectly.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing and re-staining

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

03/31/2019

Maggie M.

Excellent job! Easy to work with, professional, prompt and priced fairly. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
refinish hardwood floors

Work Completed On 03/25/2019

03/12/2019

Steve K.

Excellent work all around. Rich was very prompt in responding to my inquiry, and scheduling an estimate. He was very courteous throughout the entire process. He scheduled and completed the work on-time. The floors look great. I'm very pleased with the entire process and would hire again.

Description of Work
Refinished Kitchen and Living Room Floors

Work Completed On 03/04/2019

10/28/2018

gail S.

Everything from start to finish went very well. The owner Rich listened to what my goal was. We had to knock down 2 walls and continue the existing hardwood flooring into another full room as well as into an entrance hallway. Everything was fully explained, every step was done very professionally. Keith and the other worker were excellent. Whenever I stopped by to see the work they were very respectful and helpful so I felt part of the whole experience including choosing the right stain. The finished floor is outstanding! I will try to upload a pic. I totally would and have recommended Oaktree Flooring to a friend already. Also I met with 2 other floor guys. Besides that I felt comfortable with Rich, his pricing is very fair. There was no vagueness about the price, and he appreciated the great quality of the current wood flooring that existed in the house and knew it would finish up nice. Another floor guy wanted to rip it all out and put in a new large plank floor so it would be updated. The stain we used has updated the floor, it feels and looks wonderful. Extremely pleased.

Description of Work
Sanding and staining the entire house, in addition, weaving in another entire room and hallway to match the existing flooring.

Work Completed On 09/24/2018

Review for OAK TREE FLOOR REFINISHERS - 6 PineCliff Court, North Haledon, NJ - 37510504

10/25/2018

Brad H.

Went very well. Rich worked with our schedule even rearranging other work to accommodate us and make sure work could be done when needed. Did a great job and even came back to fix minor imperfections. Answered questions and helped make sure we got the final product we wanted when we needed it. Pricing was fair and competative as well. I highly recommend Oak Tree.

Description of Work
Installation and finishing of wood floor for a second floor add a level.

Work Completed On 09/03/2018

10/24/2018

John G.

Everything went very smoothly. Rich worked with us to find a pre-finished hardwood floor that came close to the one he had put down for us approximately 10 years ago. Using the pre-finished floor cut down a lot of dust and cleanup. The hardwood was delivered as scheduled and the prep of the floor and stairs along with the laying of the hardwood surfaces was completed in one day. Another couple of days were required to stain and put the final coats of finish on the stairs. All was done on schedule. Everything looks great. The price came as estimated.

Description of Work
Hardwood Floors and Stares

Work Completed On 10/13/2018

09/02/2018

George M.

We have used this company four separate times over the last 10 years in four different homes and we have never been disappointed. Excellent professional jobs every time. The owner, Rich, is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. The crew was always on time and friendly and the jobs always came out perfectly. We highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replaced and resurfaced hardwood flooring .

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

08/06/2018

Jenna H.

Rich's team was outstanding! They were friendly and professional, and more importantly they did a fantastic job. Rich remained in constant contact with me and was very transparent about the work that was getting done and any decisions that needed to be made ahead of time. A+++ Would absolutely hire them again and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Hardwood Floor Refinishing

Work Completed On 06/28/2018

06/12/2018

Daniel B.

Rich and his team were responsive, reliable, and did a tremendous job. I would hire them again, but I think the job he did on our floors will last years! Highly recommended

Description of Work
Refinish two bedroom floors

Work Completed On 05/28/2018

06/10/2018

aliaksandr D.

Rich and Crew did an excellent job bringing back my floors back to life. They sanded my floors, repaired a bunch of bad boards, added threshold between rooms, and stair nose. I chose to go with 4 coats of water based Bona finish.

Description of Work
Refinished Living Room and Dining room and a Bedroom

Work Completed On 06/10/2018

04/18/2018

Wilson A.

Rich quote is reasonable. His crew is courteous and started the work on the day we scheduled. They finished before the time frame quoted. Now the whole house looks great! Thank you Rich!

Description of Work
Whole house hardwood floor sanded down and oil stain (3 coats)

Work Completed On 03/19/2018

03/21/2018

Robin W.

I am writing this note in recommendation of Oaktree Hardwood Floor Contractors. I recommend Rich Lanza highly and without reservation. Throughout the process Rich was a consummate professional. He was accurate in his initial assessment of the cost of our project and time frame. We did have a few issues that popped up, as they usually do, that were not related to the refinishing of the floors. The largest was we needed to have molding replaced all around the woodwork that was not part of the initial project. Rich was able to handle that additional work as well. The job was done with care and precision. In addition, his workers left my home clean and took special care to prevent dust from going throughout the house. Good work takes time and Rich was able to deal with the unexpected issues ( the woodwork ) in a timely fashion. My floors look amazing! I highly recommend Oaktree Hardwood Contractors and will certainly use them in the future.

Description of Work
My hardwood floors are the original floors and had not been finished since the 1960's ( a real mess ). I was in need of a major re-finishing!

Work Completed On 02/12/2018

09/18/2017

Sharon R.

Rich and crew were courteous and did a fantastic job. Made me feel comfortable in being able to see different samples on my floor prior to job starting. I wound up choosing a different formula than the Classic Grey I was originally going for. Great communication and so pleased with the finished product- I love my new floors! So happy I chose Oak Tree!

Description of Work
Refinishing of living room and sun room floors.

Work Completed On 09/05/2017

Review for OAK TREE FLOOR REFINISHERS - 6 PineCliff Court, North Haledon, NJ - 36259596

05/30/2017

Doug Z.

It went great! Floor looks beautiful. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Floor refinished

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

05/26/2017

Chris C.

Couldn't be happier....on time ....floors came out stunning.....would definitely recommend this company

Description of Work
Floors sanded and stained

Work Completed On 05/26/2017

05/18/2017

Donna G.

I used Oaktree floor refinishers over 25 years ago. 4 dogs, 3 children, 3 grandchildren and many occasions later, I decided it was time to refinish the living room floor- it leads out to the backyard so it gets a lot of traffic. My email inquiry was promptly answered. An appointment to measure and give an estimate followed right away. I thought the price was fair and so we proceeded. From first email to finished product took 1 week. Not a day was wasted. Rich Lanza and his staff were prompt and meticulous. They were respectful of our crazy busy life and accommodated us without hesitation. Now for the floor- it looks amazing! The stain was applied flawlessly and the finish is exactly what I wanted. I am confident that l'll get another 25+ years of beautiful wear.

Description of Work
Had my living room floor sanded, stained and refinished with an extra tough surface - 4 coats of bona high traffic satin finish.

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

03/31/2017

Dina G.

Wonderful. The floors came out great. They scheduled right away and took exactly the number of days estimated. Showed up on time each day, were very accessible for questions and all of the workers were professional. The old, worn out floors they refinished look brand new and exactly match the new ones (which we were told couldn't be done by other companies). More affordable than other places we tried and more specialized knowledge. Would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installation of new hardwood floors and refinishing of existing floors

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

03/20/2017

Cathleen M.

Excellent. Timely, professional, communicative, clean, excellent crew

Description of Work
Repair water damaged kitchen floor planks and stain and refinish entire floor

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

03/02/2017

John M.

I was referred by friends who used tis company. The owner responded to my inquiry quickly and set an appointment to look at and price the job. The estimate was better than my expectations. We quickly sealed the deal. I indicated that we had a time line in which we hoped to get the work done. They were able to schedule the work within that time. It was understood that there may be some repair work needed and there was. This was quickly completed at a reasonable price. The crew was professional, friendly and thorough. The work was competed according to the schedule and we are extremely satisfied. The price below includes the tax and $750 in repair work. The remainder was the cost was sanding and three coats finish.

Description of Work
We had hardwood floors refinished in two rooms.

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

Review for OAK TREE FLOOR REFINISHERS - 6 PineCliff Court, North Haledon, NJ - 34542881

03/01/2017

Sue M.

Everything went well I was very pleased with every aspect of the work performed

Description of Work
I had my hardwood floors redone!

Work Completed On 02/27/2017

02/22/2017

Majella L.

It was great not only did the put new floors down where we took rugs up but the matched them seamlessly to the existing hardwood. They also cleaned up as if they were never there. I would highly recommend Oak Tree.

Description of Work
We had hardwood floors installed and other floors refinished.