Cooke Furniture Design & Upholstery

Founded 2000 • With Angi since December 2006

PO Box 9196

Morristown, NJ 07963

With over 39 years experience in the trade friendly and helpful we are here to lend a hand and guide you through the process no matter what interior decorating task you may have. We are fully insured and are a Certified Master Upholsterer by the National Upholsterers Association....

06/18/2020

Alexis M.

I'm re-posting this from 10-25-2018 I'm not sure why it was deleted but it's not here anymore. I was looking for an upholsterer for our dining room chairs and James was recommended by Sally M. he had done work for her in the past and we go to Sally’s home often and see the wonderful work that Cooke Furniture has done . I decided to contact Cooke Furniture Design based on good recommendation form Sally who happens to be an Interior Designer. The glowing assessment of his professionalism proved to be correct. James helped me select the right fabric for the chairs and they were completed within the time he indicated. He did a beautiful job on the chairs and they look wonderful in our dining room. We are really pleased with them. I totally recommend Cooke Furniture Design and will definitely use James again in the future.

Description of Work
Dinning room chairs

Category upholstery

Thank you for the review. Sadly I did not know your review was deleted I hope Angie's list would do better. We are always grateful to see good customers. Thank you for re-posting your review and reaffirm the hard work we put in every day. Thank you so very much.

06/01/2020

Alice M.

We loved the style of the chair, but not the print on the seats and back cushions. I found Cooke Furniture Design online and they were so helpful. I was able to drop the chairs off, ship the fabric I wanted to his shop, and he knocked it out of the park! We are so happy with the transformation. Customer service was fantastic. He was quick too - I had the chairs back in two weeks. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Six chairs from an antique shop

Category upholstery

Thank you again for the great review. We are always delighted to see good customers return to our business. Your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you so very much.

10/29/2019

Alice M.

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with Cooke Furniture Design for a second time. He was extremely helpful with every aspect of the process for our chairs. He once again came to our home free of charge to discuss what we wanted we were undecided if we wanted faux leather or real leather and after speaking with him we knew just what we wanted . His recommendation spot on as always and his work was amazing. We are more then pleased with every aspect of his work.

Description of Work
Great workmanship and a great price!

Category upholstery

Thank you for the great review. We are delighted that you loved your experience with us. As you know the customer service and fulfillment is our highest priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you.

10/24/2019

marta V.

James of Cooke Furniture is one person company with P.O Box. His workmanship is the best illustrated by attached pictures. The order was to convert a chair with a back cushion to Chesterfield with padded back and tufting. The back is missing padding altogether, arms are not evenly padded and buttons are unevenly spaced. At first he has tried to blame uneven spacing and padding on crooked frame of the armchair, but when shown that the chair itself is fine, he has proposed at least to redo padding: left arm is visibly thinned then right, the back of the chair thins from left to right. He has stated that recent departure of his assistant forbids him from taking the armchair to his shop, but he was willing to remedy his poor workmanship at my home. That was in June, excerpts from my email that followed our conversation are copied below. James also tried to blame his amateurish performance of fabric that was given in pieces. Even if this was the true situation, good craftsman would return fabric and discuss the issue with me. I have sent an email with the list of issues to COOKE FURNITURE DESIGN & UPHOLSTERY about the armchair dated On 6/7/2019 that states as follows: (...) we have measured the armchair with Alex and we both see the same thing: the frame is perfectly equal on both sides. Buttons are not equally spaced on arms seams on arms are not symmetrical on both arms thickness of the back is not even: more on one side. top row of buttons is not evenly spaced The chair was ordered as 'Chesterfield', and since the back cushion was not to be used anymore, the back should have been padded. The picture shows the back not showing any padding, I had since made a cushion.

Description of Work
upholstery

Category upholstery

My P.O.Box is for security of my customers when they send checks for payments. They appreciate the added security knowing their checks will not get lost or stolen. We set a high standard for ourselves, and quality is our number one priority. The chair in question was completed and delivered to you on July 15, 2017 I do not know what happened to change your opinion or to the chair over the last few years while you enjoyed the use of it at your leisure. Unfortunately you have had this chair for over 690 days—almost 2 years—without complaint (your complaint to me on this concern came in June of 2019). I cannot be held responsible for what happens to reupholstered furniture once delivered and used for such a long period of time. I have attempted to discuss this with you and we have not come to an agreement as of this writing. I hope to be able to resolve this issue to both parties satisfaction sometime in the future.

12/26/2013

Rients V.

James did a fantastic job - he was punctual in his appointments, had a great selection in fabric (in fact, he had already done some and quot;homeworkand quot; based on our phone conversation, so he brought the right fabrics). He provided honest and good advice on what would work best for the design and in our space. His price estimate was accurate and the total cost very reasonable (well below other quotes I received). He was honest about his availability and how long it would take, so no unpleasant surprises there. And our couch looks brand new and stunning - very happy with James' work and will use his services again!

Description of Work
Re-upholstered our European, comtemporary 2-part couch

Category furniture repair,upholstery

12/17/2012

Margaret W.

I think it went very well overall. He explained in great detail about the type of fabric the couch was made of and how he would fix it if we chose to have him do it. He recommended we fix it ourselves and explained why and how. He refused payment when we tried to pay him for coming out. He was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and he was on time. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
I called him to fix the arm of my couch where my dog put a small tear. He was extremely knowledgeable and honest. He told me ahead of time how much he charges to repair in the home and if he had to take it with him. After evaluating the tear, he recommended how we could/should fix it ourselves since the tear was so small.

11/12/2009

Edward G.

I called John, and sent his pictures of the chair along with some dimensions. He responded quickly, and came back with a very reasonable price. In a world of disposable everything John was able to do the re-upholstery job at a price that made it easy to accept and my clients ended up with a beautiful memory from the past that will last many more years. I immediately called and set up another job with him.

Description of Work
I was working with a client who had a sentimentals chair from his disceased grandmother. The upholstery was worn, the cushions dried out and crumbly. Cooke Furniture Design tok that chair from ragged and dated to beautiful and stylish.

Category upholstery,custom furniture

08/26/2008

Mary T.

Extremely smooth and professional process with Cooke Furniture. Highly recommend James for any job. Home appointment made quickly, he assesses job and provides complete proposal for review and will work within a budget, if necessary. James returned several times with fabric samples without missing a beat. Very positive attitude and no pressure applied when I was undecided about fabric or colors. He allows the customer to direct conversation and needs, and does not push to close the sale. Chairs were delivered within stated time and look fantastic! Very pleased with finished product and will call for window treatments when I get my act together. I read the reviews on Angie's List and Yahoo, and all were very complimentary.

Description of Work
Two side chairs upholstered; provided consulting assistance on fabric taking into consideration color in room/house, preferences and lifestyle.

10/21/2007

JUDITH S.

Called for service and was given an appointment the very next day. Very happy with the product and speed with which the job was done. Would recommend them.

Description of Work
Re-webbed and recovered 6 dining room chairs. I don't recall the price and didn't do any comparisons so price wasn't an issue.

12/03/2006

MELISSA L.

Fantastic. This is the way work should be done. Upfront consultation and measurements, follow up visit for review of material selections based on my initial requests (brought to my home for viewing in the rooms and lighting where they would be used). Furniture was picked up professionally with no damage to it or my house. Estimates were clear and complete (and accurate). The final results were AMAZING. All of my old, beat up Victorian pieces were brought down to the frames, re-glued as needed, all strings re-tied, stuffed with horsehair (as per the original stuffing) and upholstered to perfection. The patterns were matched across all seams and bends, and none of my expensive fabric was wasted. The new pieces were created exactly as I imagined, and the work done for my bedroom was perfection. I will use Cooke Furniture in the future and highly recommend them for their professionalism and quality work.

Description of Work
Re-upholstery of a complete Victorian parlor room set with period accuracy; creation of several new custom pieces; custom upholstered headboard, duvet, pillows, bench and window treatments for bedroom.

Category upholstery,window treatments

Michael Gregorio Furnituremaker, LLC

Starting in a one-car garage at age13, Michael Gregorio began to teach himself the art of woodworking. At 23, he started a custom woodworking business, where he honed his skills to design, build, finish, and install fine furniture, wall units, kitchens, libraries and architectural wall paneling. After 20 successful years on Long Island, he moved upstate to Rhinebeck, and began to expand his skills and delve into the finer arts of antique restoration and studio furniture making. His experience as a furniture maker and designer make him quite unique as a restorer. He is competent to handle all phases of repair and restoration, and with his attention to detail, he is able to reproduce any piece of furniture in any style with great accuracy. He is frequently called upon by other restorers to work on major restoration, repair, custom, and modification projects. Please call today to schedule your appointment (845) 876-6032 or visit our website at www.mgregorio.com

Carriage House II

Serving New Jersey & Pennsylvania. Free Estimates on MOST Projects. For a free estimate, photos and measurements need to be sent through our website: https://go.thryv.com/site/CarriageHouseTwoRestoration. Furniture & Antiques Repair & Restoration ~ Kitchen Cabinet & Woodwork Restoration, Refinishing & Remodeling ~ Upholstery & Specialty Services For questions, speak directly with Tom Simpson, Owner, who can be reached on his cell 908-581-6984. Please visit our website for Before & After Photos as well as detailed information about our company and the services we offer.

United Decorators

Established in the 70s, family owned and managed, United Decorators is a Hunter Douglas Gallery Dealer, offering custom window treatments, blinds, shades, shutters, and draperies,Our expert window treatment consultants offer a free consultation in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and New York . Choose from a HUGE selection of Hunter Douglas shades, blinds, solar shades, and draperies. United Decorators carries thousands of fabric colors, styles and textures from top manufacturers such as Robert Allen, Kravet, Fabricut, Duralee, Novel, and more. Call to schedule an in home or at the shop appointment.

Furniture - Custom Made

Reupholster. Upholster. Upholstered furniture re-design & repair. Custom made furniture. Window treatments.

Carpet and Carpet Cleaning