ABOVE WATER POOL SERVICE CO

With Angi since November 2007

04/16/2012

Michael A.

Terrible. I made an appointment to have the spots in the pool looked at . They were minor. I felt they should be covered by warranty. he said he was not at fault. He refused to do anything. I felt he should have made an effort to please me. The small cost for him would have went a long way.

Description of Work
Would not accept warranty work. Blamed it on the pool. Told me how to fix it. Worst pool service company I've ever had to deal with.

Category pool cleaners

11/15/2007

Angela F.

The company employee arrived without any gear, such as goggles, dye to find leak, or breathing apparatus to allow him to stay under water for extended period of time. He used my kids goggles and was in the pool for about 1 hour. He finally said he patched 2 "good sized" holes in the liner in the area where we told him we suspected the leak. After a few days it was apparent the pool was still leaking. We were told by Above Water Pools we could apply 1/2 of what we paid for the service toward a new liner within the next year. I called and got a quote with the discount. This price was still $250 higher than my local pool store. I hired the local store and when they removed the old liner we inspected the area that had been patched. To my surprise...no holes! I called Dave from Above Water and told him about the fraudulent service his company had provided. He was rude and refused any kind of refund.

Description of Work
Hired this company to repair a leak in my above ground pool.

Category pool cleaners

ABOVE GROUND AND INGROUND SWIMMING POOL REPAIR, ABOVE GROUND LINER REPLACEMENT, INGROUND VINYL LINER REPLACEMENT, DAMAGED AND SPLIT WALLS REPAIRED, CONNCRETE REPAIRS, ABOVE AND INGROUND RENOVATION, FILTER SYSTEMS, PLUMBING AND PIPE REPAIRS, POWER WASHING, ACID WASHING, SWIMMING POOL PAINTS AND COATINGS, REAL ESTATE AND INSURANCE CLAIM INSPECTIONS, LEAK DETECTION AND PATCH REPAIR, LINER LOCK FOR BEAD POP- OUTS, AND POOL INSTALLATION.