Horizon Pest Control

Founded 1970 • With Angi since December 2005

45 Cross Ave

Midland Park, NJ 07432

Have you recently seen a rat in your kitchen? Watched a cockroach scurry away after you turned on the lights? Or maybe you’ve even woken up in the morning to nasty bed bug bites? Pest problems are no fun, and should be dealt with as soon as possible. That’s why Horizon Pest Control offers prompt and professional service to get rid of a range of unwanted guests. We back all our work up with our service guarantee, so if any pests return to your property, so will we. We also offer coupons and specials for any budget, and as a 11 time Angie’s List Super Service Award-winner, you know we always treat our customers right. Don’t let insects or rodents ruin your home or business. Call for residential pest control in New Jersey or commercial pest control in New York, and say goodbye to pests for now and forever....

08/20/2020

Larry L.

Service was professional, knowledgeable and thorough. Representatives courteous and punctual.

Description of Work
Treatment for exclusion of mice and termites.

11/16/2019

Kathleen W.

They're very good! They're very professional and very easy to deal with.

Description of Work
They did pest control for my house.

08/14/2019

Alyssa W.

I called on Monday, was able to get an appointment for Wednesday with a 3 hour window. Technician messaged me that he could come earlier, with about an hour's notice. He was professional, courteous and efficient. I was expecting a hard sell on services at the end, but was pleasantly surprised that didn't come. To me, $150 for what seemed to be a pretty simple inspection that took 30-45 min seems a bit high, but was overall pleased with the service. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Wood destroying insect inspection for mortgage refinance (HUD report).

05/31/2019

Kathleen W.

The appointment was scheduled for between between 3 and 5pm. Chris ( called around 3pm and said he and Andrew would be there about 3 and they arrived shortly after. Very punctual. They treated the whole area outside around the entire foundation, the inside of the garage, the crawl space under the stairs, and the whole lower floor. Upstairs they sprayed along the inside of the outer walls and around some of the windows where I had seen spiders and ants, and the front and back doors. They put down some sticky traps and under some of the radiators where some bugs may be coming, hiding or in case I get another mouse in the garage. They checked the attic and there didn't appear to be any insects or mice but left some sticky traps up there. There were some boxes in the attic which needed to be moved in order to complete their work. They were considerate and asked me if I wanted them handed down which I really appreciated. This was both a pleasant and professional experience. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Inspect, monitor and treat my home and garage to get rid of spiders and ants, and perhaps mice

09/10/2018

Russell S.

Sales call by Glen was straightforward (no high-pressure tactics). Rich Koptyra the tech, was attentive to our concerns (we have a cat), thorough, pleasant, and respectful--would recommend him any day...

Description of Work
Annual Pest Control Service and Bee problem

08/17/2018

Stephen K.

Great so far. Its a one year contract so we shall see. Bad year for ants.

Description of Work
Treatment for ants

08/15/2018

Chris W.

Estimate provided within 2 days of call and work done two days later. Not 100% sure the pricing is as low as it could be. From what I can tell, seems about average.

Description of Work
Yellowjacket nest removal

07/02/2018

Jennifer I.

They were on time, professional, attentive, and the ants immediately disappeared after they treated. Would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They came out to treat the house for pavement ants

06/25/2018

Thomas R.

Glen came promptly at 8 AM to provide a free inspection for possible wood eating insects. At first sight of my damaged wood cellar door frame, he determined it was water damage only, he also inspected my basement and found no evidence. He showed me pictures of actual termite damage and evidence from other locations as an example. He did spot a minor mold condition on a wall and recommended how I can treat it. He there after emailed me information on their Annual Home guard program against common inspects which I will consider and his inspection results.

Description of Work
Free 1st inspection

06/09/2018

Marie H.

They unexpectedly found evidence of termites outside our house. They explained everything well and provided us the treatment we needed in a timely and professional manner.

Description of Work
Termite inspection for refinancing purposes

05/10/2018

Aileen M.

They came to meet with me the same day I called, and we set up an appointment to treat my house just 2 days later. Very professional and quick to take action.

Description of Work
Horizon treated my home for a Carpenter Ant infestation.

05/10/2018

Harry & Carolyn K.

The Pest Management Consultant was prompt, polite and extremely knowledgeable. He identified the invading insects and also mice in the basement. The tech who came several days later to remediate the problems was also prompt, polite and extremely knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Identifying and exterminating carpenter ant swarm on our enclosed sun porch.

05/07/2018

Mike D.

They explained and communicated everything in laymen’s terms, and didn’t sugarcoat things. Customer service is very helpful and informative and he technicians are on time and knowledgeable. Recommended

Description of Work
Rodent removal

02/19/2018

John K.

Glen from Horizon informed me that in fact they were a type of ant that did not cause damage. As they were confined to the outside porch, I decided to leave them alone. Very refreshing to get such a decent and trustworthy business more interested in the customer and their company's integrity. If I ever have a pest control need these are the guys to turn to because you can believe them and their judgement.

Description of Work
I had a swarm of insects that I was fairly certain were termites. I called Horizon looking for an estimate to remove them.

02/02/2018

Joseph H.

Dave was very responsive and promptly came to inspect our attic for animals on a Friday evening.

Description of Work
Inspection of attic for possible animal activity

Category pest control, animal removal

01/02/2018

James A.

This honest company explained that the nest would be absolutely safe for me to remove myself.

Description of Work
Needed a hornet's nest removed. (January freeze). I thought I could do it myself but my daughters asked me to hire someone. It was low hanging in easy reach.

Category pest control, animal removal

10/05/2017

Jess M.

They did an amazing job and were honest about the work they did in which lowered my cost.

Description of Work
Nesting removal

09/19/2017

Mitchell H.

Obviously I went with the cheaper alternative. If the quote was close, I may have chosen Horizon as they were prompt, courteous and very professional. However, the quote was just too far apart. The other contractor already fixed my chimney cap and the squirrel problem is a thing of the past.

Description of Work
I had a squirrel running loose in the house. The gentleman from Horizon came and was very prompt and courteous. He gave me an estimate of $1200. I had another contractor come next day. I told neither of them who the other contractor was or what the diagnosis was for the problem and the proposal for the work. The other contractor came to the same conclusion and gave me a quote for the same work for $200.

08/22/2017

Sandy S.

They firm did there job as expected or better. I just thought $150 for the service was a little high priced. I was thinking more like $100 given the fact it only took 10 mins and if I wasn't so busy and deathly allergic could buy the product for $8. I guess one could say the $150 wasn't to die for.

Description of Work
Had bees in the ground.

08/16/2017

Alexander G.

Excellent. Trapped and removed on .first visit. Reset traps and caught second within 48 hours (for additional fee).

Description of Work
Trapping and removal of groundhogs

08/03/2017

James L.

They were fine. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Treat some wasps in my house.

06/26/2017

Larry D.

I have used them for years. The last time they priced a job they priced it really high. I wasn't there when they did it so I am assuming it is working; I haven't gotten any calls from the tenant yet. I am not sure I would use them again because the price is so high; I have to get estimates from other people.

Description of Work
They did pest control.

06/12/2017

JOELLE B.

We did not use Horizon as the estimate was 2-3 times what we paid from another contractor

Description of Work
We had squirrels and birds in our attic.

Category animal removal

We appreciate the feedback you provided on Angie's List. We are in a competitive market when it comes to the handling of exclusion work and realize there are companies that do these types of jobs cheaper than we do. Our hope is that you are happy with the company you hired, that the animals no longer have access to your home and the appearance is seamless. Our goal is to ensure that the work we do is as inconspicuous as possible. When we are finished, your home should look like the problem never existed. This is not possible in all cases, but at the very most, it should appear that the material belongs and does not stand out in any way. This takes both time and skill. We know our service is not for everyone and we are sorry that we were not able to help you. After reviewing the history, we believe the reason why we were about 3 times the cost is because we proposed to exclude the entire house, not just a partial section. It has been our experience that animals are persistent creatures just like humans. If we get locked out of our home we don't just move to a new house and replace our belongings. We find a way to get in. Perhaps we hire a locksmith or break in through a window or screen to do so. Similarly, we have found that wildlife will do the same once they have established your house is their home and they will not give it up easily, often causing more damage in the process. That being said, in the past when we did offer partial treatments, the clients would come back to us saying our service did not work --even though it did. Meaning, animals did not re-enter any of the areas we had sealed off and all the exclusion work was still intact. The animals just chewed a new entry point and our clients were not covered for the areas where no work was done. It was after several experiences like this that we as a company made a conscious decision to no longer do partial treatments. By doing the full job every time, if there is a breach, we own it and fix it with no questions asked. Again, thank you for giving us an opportunity and a forum to try and address your concern. We hope that what we shared clears up the reason for our pricing and again we are sorry that we could not be of service. Regardless, we hope that the job done for you works, looks great, and lasts a long time. Sincerely, Horizon Pest Control

06/07/2017

Scott K.

I highly recommend Horizon Pest Control. We had a problem with a rat, who burrowed its way through our foundation and into our home. The rat proceeded to chew through our dishwasher and washing machine hoses, causing a flood in our home and costing us approximately $10,000 in damage (appliances and flooring). In came Horizon Pest Control. Within just three visits, they were able to set up a trap to capture the rat who caused all that damage and then proceeded to seal up the outside of our home to prevent this from happening again. They were extremely professional and a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Rodent Issue

06/02/2017

Manfred M.

Bee population was drastically reduced

Description of Work
Kill carpenter bees

Knee Deep Water Mold Removal

We remove water and mold from home and set up drying equipment.We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

ARCO Environmental Services LLC.

ARCO Environmental Services LLC has over 23 years of experience in mold, asbestos, air and moisture testing and mold remediation. We provide comprehensive mold remediation and certification upon completion of the project. Air and surface quality sampling. Certified field technicians that provide our complete service. Also serving Somerset, Sussex, and Warren Counties http://www.arcoenviroservice.com

JFK HOME SERVICES

JFK Hvac services We are a Hvac repair, replacement and new installation contractor. I have been in the hvac business for more than 30 years. We are here for all your Hvac needs We are a very customer oriented company you will always be out first priority. We are competitive with pricing and great at all aspects of Hvac. Give us a call, we will be happy to hear from you!

90137A
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Termite & pest control, nuisance animal control, mold, gutter cleaning, structural exclusion, mold exterm, stink bug & bed bug removal.

ask for details