We offer estimates and quotes using video calling

Big G Movers Inc

Founded 2012 • With Angi since October 2012

26 Oliver St Suite 001

Metuchen, NJ 08840

We are a fully licensed and insured, family owned and operated, A+, five star rated, super service award winning, hometown moving company. What makes us different (among many other things), is not just our physical strength — but also our strength of character. Having built our company around values like integrity and professionalism, compassion and trust, with both skill and with heart, we are able to consistently provide a moving experience unlike any other. We welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best moving services in the industry. Our goal on every single move is quite simple, and that is to WOW you. To exceed your expectations and make your experience one that is seamless, stress-free and genuinely MOVING! Let us show you....

05/10/2022

Diane B.

Steve, Max and Fulvio were an amazing team. They were extremely professional, kind, worked quickly, and were willing to help with whatever was needed. All the furniture was carefully wrapped. My belonging arrived in Newton in perfect condition. They put everything back together perfectly. The crew was also extremely careful to protect wall and floors. If you need a mover, Big G is the man to call. Thank you so much,

Description of Work
Hired Big G for a move from Clark, NJ to Newton, NJ,

Category moving companies

Thank you so much for that glowing review! We are so happy that you were thrilled with the service you received and sincerely appreciate that you took the time to detail your experience here! It was such a pleasure working with you as well – wishing you all the best in your beautiful new home!

04/27/2021

Deborah T.

Big G moved Me for a reasonable Fee and we're filled with Glee :) Beats the area competition by a mile!

Description of Work
Wrap/Pack & Move Contents of House/Garage to Local Storage.

01/27/2021

Donna H.

From start to finish, our moving job was handled with professionalism, care, and speed. Everyone was polite and an absolute pleasure to work with. The movers really know their profession, and Traci is wonderful to work with. She replies immediately to inquiries and questions, and she and Gary were available even on moving day with updates. Big G Movers made this experience very stress free, and since my middle name is "stress", this was no easy feat!! In the future, anytime anyone tells me they are moving, I will surely reply, "Look no further than Big G Movers!" Thanks again!

Description of Work
Local Move

Category moving companies

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your experience with our company! It means so much to us that you would take the time to leave a review as well as that you were so pleased! We wish you and your family all the best in the new year, please don’t hesitate to reach back out to us for any future moving needs you may have!

01/15/2021

Bob B.

I used BIG G twice to move some of the contents of my garage to an offsite storage facility. Then about a year later, to move it all back. Staff was polite, friendly, on time, and NOTHING was damaged! Gary worked with my timelines for both moves. His pricing was fair as well. I highly recommend BIG G.

Description of Work
Move to and back again

Category moving companies

Excellent! Thank you so much for the kinds words as well as for your loyalty to our company, it truly means so much to us! Wishing you all the best in the new year!

12/26/2020

Brian G.

I contacted Big G Movers on Sept 21st for a move date of Nov 3rd which consisted of moving out of two different residences into one new residence. The night before the move, Gary (Big G) said he would send an extra mover to speed up the process but honor the quoted price for four. The first pick up took 2 hours then the movers took a lunch break prior to arriving at the second pick up location. Three hours into the loading at location # 2, I was told the moving truck was out of capacity and Joe (1 of the movers) had to call Gary who gave the green light to pick up a second truck, free of charge ! All of my items from both locations made it to the final destination and setup accordingly with only one casualty. I had a vertical standing wall mirror that was cracked in half, however Gary reimbursed me for the cost. Overall, I was very satisfied with the services and would recommend.

Description of Work
Pack up two residences & Move them to One Final Destination

Category moving companies

Thanks so much for the kind words! It was a pleasure working with you as well! We sincerely appreciate your business and wish you all the best in the New Year!

10/28/2020

Corrine T.

I just wanted to commend the Big G crew, which included Steve (Crew Leader), Tyler G., Max, Gene, Marco, and Emerick, for their professionalism, courtesy, and outstanding work in handling a multi-location move for us on Sep. 27, 2020. First of all, we had a tight window to move after a home sale, but Traci G. was extremely accommodating in fitting us into their busy schedule so that we could successfully meet that deadline. However, our situation became even more complicated after we had already agreed upon the terms and logistics, when we had an unforeseen event occur that led to us having to move a second home location within the same time frame. Once again, Traci was very understanding of our situation and was able to add an additional location stop to our existing work order for that same day. Every time we reached out to Traci, she not only replied promptly, but always in a manner that was completely soothing and with readiness to help. Also, with only pictures and an inventory submitted online in these Corona-virus times, Big G was really able to accurately assess how big of a truck and how much time was required for our multi-location move. The flat pricing business model is great; no nickel and dime charges for materials that are a part of doing business or watching the minutes tick on the clock as the crew works. You just let them do their thing and its done just like they said it would be done. Although ours was anything but a simple move, their team was not affected in any way by that. They had to load the truck on the first stop methodically, because some of the items were to be delivered at the second stop, while other items were not to be delivered until the third stop, which was the final destination. In fact, at the second stop not only did they clear out another home and load its items on to their truck to go to our third stop (final destination), their team even helped load items that were being donated into a personal truck that we had scheduled to be at that second stop. Throughout all of these different phases of the move, their team conducted themselves in the most professional manner possible, despite all of these moving parts and unique requirements. When we became stressed about a situation that required them to rearrange the truck and move some furniture to another location at the 2nd stop, the crew did not get annoyed or complain. Not only that, but Max and Tyler really helped us remain calm and let us know everything was OK. They just asked us to show them the other location and tell us which stuff needed to go there and what additional stuff had to go on the truck. By the way, these were some of the nicest guys you’d ever meet. The third and final stop was approximately 40 miles away from the second stop, so there was a significant amount of travel time involved. As they had done at the previous two stops, they carefully packed, unpacked, and moved all items with extreme care and caution, including large and very fragile items while carefully navigating challenging staircases and doorways. All throughout this process their team exhibited enormous professionalism, respect, and patience, even when we asked them to move an item to a different room or floor from where we had originally asked them to place it. As they worked, the crew members were constantly communicating clearly with each other to move items safely and without injury to themselves or our property. Communication is key to any great team! They know the secret to their work is not just moving people’s possessions, but to understand the anxiety the customers are experiencing. You can tell that they have trained their staff on the psychology of the moving process and to be to be empathic to that stress and to do their best to mitigate it. The Big G Team somehow managed to turn what should have been a very stressful day into a very positive experience that ultimately provided us with a tremendous sense of relief. We even received a follow up text message from Big G. himself that night, after all of the work had been completed, thanking us for our business and for taking care of their crew. Not only would we use their team again for any type of a relocation, but we would highly recommend them to others. This is a family business that truly cares about their customers and their work.

Description of Work
The work involved a multi-location move.

Category moving companies

What an incredible review of your experience with our company! I am blown away that you would take the time to detail every facet as you have. We sincerely appreciate your business and are here for any of your future moving needs, as well as those of your friends and family. Wishing you and your family all the best! Thank you again!

10/02/2020

Nadia W.

I had a great experience with this move. The crew that moved me, Steve, DeVille, max and Gene, were wonderful. They were efficient and friendly and worked quickly and carefully. I recommend Big G and all 4 guys highly!

Description of Work
Moving to a new home

Category moving companies

Thank you so much for that wonderful review of your experience with our company and your crew! We sincerely appreciate that as well as that you chose us for your move! It was a pleasure working with you and we wish you all good things in your beautiful new home! Thank you again!

06/09/2020

Eve D.

Steve, Tyler and Max did a super job. They showed up on time, were very personable, moved everything quickly, and when a leg fell off an old gate leg table...which was not their fault....they worked at my home to reattach it. It was not easy, but they worked diligently and got it done. I've used them before and would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Moved furniture from storage unit to home

Category moving companies

Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful feedback regarding your experience with us. We sincerely appreciate your repeat business and loyalty to our company. Wishing you all the best in your new home!

03/14/2020

Debra M.

This is the third time I have hired Big G Movers which tells you something. I had to move furniture from my Mom's apartment to a storage facility. The team of movers arrived on time. They were professional and easy to work with. They are always very careful with any furniture moves I have done. They wrap the furniture and all paintings so nothing is damaged. They don't rush and are respect your belongings. I will have them again for my next move. Price is very fair but more importantly they go beyond what is expected in terms of the move. Once the job was completed I was so glad I hired them again. They are the best! Debra M.

Description of Work
I had to move furniture from my Mom's apartment to a storage facility

Category moving companies

Thank you so much for your loyalty to our company – we sincerely appreciate that as well as that you took the time to detail your experience here. As a small, family owned company, that really does mean everything to us. You know that we are here for all of your moving needs and it would be our pleasure to work with you again. Wishing you all the best!

03/04/2020

Emily M.

It was OK. Little dent in dresser, workers showed up and weren’t friendly (with me anyway) I had my husband deal with then. I was getting a good vibe. Work was done quickly and in the time frame I was looking for.

Description of Work
Moving big items to new house

Category moving companies

Our goal on every move is for every customer to feel our service was worth straight A’s so I’m sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with the service you received. I would love the opportunity to hear more about the specifics of your move and why you did not feel it was “A” worthy. Perhaps there is some thing that we could have done differently or possibly may even still have the opportunity to rectify for you. Please reach out to me directly to discuss the details, as I would sincerely appreciate that. Thanks again!

Samonas Prime Moving & Storage

Relocating is much easier when you hire Samonas Prime Moving Storage to help you. Even when you're just moving across town, we provide complete local moving services. From storage containers to reassembly of larger furniture, we do the work that saves you the time and effort. Moving to another state or across the country comes with a completely different set of concerns. We handle all of your long distance moving services that include shrink wrapping furniture and safely transporting your automobiles. You don't have to build a storage shed to have that extra room you need. Instead, let us provide you with mobile and warehouse storage. Containers and units are available in a variety of sizes to accommodate your belongings. To request a free estimate for any of our services, call us at (631) 821-1438.

U Santini Moving & Storage Inc

Based in Brooklyn, New York, U.Santini is a family-owned and operated moving and storage company serving the metropolitan area for more than three generations. We are a trusted and reliable moving and logistic company specializing in local and long distance moves, corporate relocation and storage.

M&M Movers, Inc.

We are a family owned business with a strong emphasis on quality service. We service all of New Jersey. We do not do long distance moves. The owner has over 23 years of experience. We are not looking to be a big company that loses touch with its clients or to compromise on bad employees due to an over load of jobs, you and your move deserve better than that. Our Mission: To provide the residents of the State of New Jersey with a moving service to rival all. We will deliver above and beyond what you come to expect from other moving companies. What Service Are You Looking For? ✔ Residential or commercial moving. ✔ Local experts. ✔ Short term or long term storage. ✔ Fully licensed and insured. ✔ Over 20 years of experience. ✔ 3 free wardrobe box rentals on moving day. Included With Your Move: ✔ Free in-home estimate. ✔ Professional uniformed staff. ✔ Full service packing & unpacking. ✔ Crating of antiques & fine art. ✔ Disassembling & reassembling. ✔ Moving blankets for furniture. ✔ Loading & unloading. ✔ Mileage & taxes. ✔ Basic value protection. ✔ Clean trucks. ✔ Friendly movers. ✔ Quality service.

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated