Please call for more details.

S & R Electrical Services LLC

Founded 1956 • With Angi since January 2006

7 Florie Farm Rd

Mendham, NJ 07945

S&R Electrical Services, LLC remains a small family-run business that specializes all aspects of residential wiring and lighting. We have grown a long list of loyal customers,through a dedication to serving everyone's electrical needs in a timely and economical manner. We take great pride in our work and value our long time relationships! We hope that you will give us the opportunity to work with you for all your efficient home power needs!! 2 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges apply. Service charges apply. May contact through email. Additional address PO Box 74 Livingston NJ 07039...

08/24/2019

Allan L.

After quote, our deposit, and agreeing on a timeline for the work, communications ended. It took a few phone calls on our part to agree on the date. On that date, the contractor was prompt, completed the work to our satisfaction, and cleaned the area well.

Description of Work
chimney repair -- repointing a few upper brick courses and replacing a few bricks

Category electrician

I’m an electrician, I do not do chimney work at all. This person is totally mistaken. Please remove him from my page.

10/04/2016

Nancy C.

Professional, on-time and knowledgable about the issues. Didn't waste time and provided honest feedback on what needed to be repaired and what couldn't be repaired and instead should be replaced.

Description of Work
check on non-working lights and fans

09/19/2016

Lynn A.

The electricians arrived on time and finished the job in the time the approximated and left the basement totally cleaned up.

Description of Work
We were told we needed a new circuit box. The estimate was reasonable and took into account our needs. A town permit was obtained in a reasonable amount of time and work was scheduled in a timely fashion.

06/18/2016

Raghu K.

Excellent team on electricians. They were very professional and did a clean job. It was literally like magic as I got new lights without any trace of dust anywhere.

Description of Work
Added recessed lights in multiple rooms. Added new plug points in couple of rooms. Added new switches to separate light and exhaust in bathroom

03/15/2016

David J.

Allan and his team did a great job! We had three projects, listed above. He came over promptly and gave me a fair price for all three, along with some advice on the under cabinet lighting. About 3 weeks later, when the materials arrived, three people came and knocked all three projects out in a very timely fashion. All three projects look great. The workers completely cleaned up after themselves. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Installed under cabinet lighting, installed overhead light, replaced bathroom fan

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Hi {Member's name removed}. Thank you for the kind review. Enjoy your new lights and we hope to work with you in the future. Have a great Spring. Thanks. Al

11/28/2015

David B.

Extremely punctual and professional. Very neat work with almost no patching or plaster work required when finished. Found an innovative solution to a difficult wiring problem to save us considerable cost.

Description of Work
Installed two exterior outlets. Installed several interior lighting fixtures and added a three way circuit.

Category electrician, lighting

Hi [Member name removed]. Thank you for the review. Enjoy all your new lights and outlets. Have a great holiday season. Al

10/10/2015

patrick B.

They could not have been any more responsive and considerate to our timing,,, especially with a newborn in the house. I was extremely impressed with their professionalism and attentiveness to our concerns. We will definitely use them whenever we have the need.

Description of Work
Installed two new outlets, disconnected an unnecessary line, installed new lighting basement, troubleshot and repaired power to old electrical outlets.

Category electrician, lighting

Hi [member name removed]. Thank you for the nice review. We look forward to working with you in the future. Thanks. Al

09/27/2015

marie K.

Mr. Small was called to repair our doorbells, but upon inspection, he referred me to the company who installed the doorbells, as the problem appeared to be within the system. I felt he was honest and forthright.

Description of Work
Mr. Small gave me good advice and directed me to the proper source. We did not need his services, but if we ever need an electrican, he will be the one we call.

07/30/2015

ARVIND R.

Alan was very responsive and of the estimates we got Allan was the promptest in getting back with an estimate. Of the 4 estimates we got 3 including Allans were in the same ball park but Allans professionalism, thoughtfulness and attitude led us to choose him. We were not disappointed. He and his crew came promptly on the appointed day at 730 am, did the work, cleaned up after themselves and departed within a few hours after having done a great job. The wiring was run as unobtrusively as possible. It was run where possible through the unfinished part of the basement,and through a high hat in the finished part. The attitude was friendly and professional throughout. The job was very competently done. Because of the other two estimates, we know the price was probably fair. We were very happy and would not hesitate to hire Allan and his crew again for anything electrical that we need.

Description of Work
Alan and his crew put in a 240 V outlet inky garage with a50 amp rating, ran it back to my panel which is in the basement on the opposite end of the house, installed a sub panel, retired accordingly, added a 110 volt receptacle to the front of the house.

Category electrician

Hi [Member name removed]. Thank you for the nice review. We enjoyed working with you and I hope you enjoy your Tesla. Thanks. Al

07/30/2015

Rani M.

Service guy was prompt, professional, answered all questions and cleaned up afterwards. I like this company and how they work.

Description of Work
Replaced a bathroom vent fan and installed a new switch nearby (wiring already there) so I could independently turn the fan on/off.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Hi [Member name removed] Enjoy your new fan. Nice working with you. Thanks. Al

07/10/2015

Micah G.

Mike did a good job, explained what he was doing, and why. Luckily the old lights were under beams, so the boxes and fans went in with no additional cutting or invasive work.

Description of Work
Installed ceiling fans, including adding boxes.

Thanks [Member Name Removed] Look forward to working with you again. Al

06/18/2015

Erin D.

It couldn't have gone better. The company responded quickly and scheduled an appointment with me very soon after (I was waiting for lighting to be delivered.) They arrived on time and completed the work quickly and cleaned up afterwards. Thank you!

Description of Work
Replaced outside lighting, including 2 sconces, lampost/light, entry light and security light as well as inside foyer light.

Category electrician, lighting

Hi [Member Name Removed] Glad we could help and look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you for the review. Al

06/10/2015

Nina H.

Every guy from S&R came ready to work. They are a no-nonsense operation. I had them do first work using an Angie's List 2 hour deal. The electrician grabbed his tool belt and from the minute he arrived he was working on a multitude of problems. I was so impressed with their work ethic that I had them come back and do more work for additional charge. The prices were fair and the work done quickly and according to schedule. In short, if you have electrical work that needs to be done, this is your company.

Description of Work
The short answer is : anything that needed to be done. Long answer is inside and lighting repairs and replacement and advice for future.

Category electrician

Thank you (removed member name). Enjoy your lights and we hope to work with you again. Have a good summer. Al

05/07/2015

Anne W.

I heartily recommend Al and his crew. Josh and Mike came on the agreed time. They were both super professional and efficient. Clearly, they took their 2-hour deadline as a challenge and maximized their time. They split the work between the several tasks I gave them, checked in with each other when needed and would go on the next task as soon as one was finished. Their demeanor was very professional. They wore company shirts for identification, cleaned up after themselves. Before they rang the bell, they took the time to get their tools lined up so they could jump on the job as soon as identified. l liked that they were deliberate enough in checking out where things were and how to get them done (i.e. locating the fuse box, going into rooms that we were not working on to see if they could get a cable through more easily than via another way, in order to get the task done within the 2-hour offer, and not ask to schedule an appointment). They were very good at advising what to buy for replacement, and where I could save some money and took all information necessary to give me a quote for more heavy duty work down the road. All the work they did is super clean. I was extremely pleased with the service and the team. Since this was a test to replace our electrician (who's too busy with commercial work to be readily available for small jobs), we're very happy to have found our new partners.

Description of Work
We needed a few electrical checks and repairs done and advice on potential more extensive work.

Category electrician

Hi [Member name removed]. Thank you for the kind review. It was our pleasure. I'll give you a call this week to set up the next visit. Happy Mothers Day:) Al

03/22/2015

Morris B.

Arrived on time; set to work straight away and completed all the jobs we needed doing in the 2 hour slot allocated. Left the place clean and tidy.

Description of Work
Resolved lighting issues in the basement; a fusing issue with a jacuzzi and fitted a motor and humidistat to an attic fan (parts supplied by me).

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Hi [member name removed]. Thank you for the review and we were happy to help you with your electrical issues. All the best. Al

01/12/2015

Hope S.

Two guys came out and were both very honest and careful with what they were doing. One of them gave me some great recommendations for things I could do myself.

Description of Work
Electrical services

12/29/2014

Jillian B.

We received excellent service from S&R Electric - the team is prompt and professional and the work is reasonably priced (particularly compared to other estimates we received). Would recommend them for all electrical needs.

Description of Work
Installed new overhead lighting in 5 rooms, replaced existing lighting in other rooms, replaced GFI outlets and other outlets throughout home.

Category electrician, lighting

It was our pleasure to work with you and I hope you enjoy your new home. Have a great 2015. Thanks. Al

11/28/2014

Katherine L.

Having discovered S & R through the Angie's List offer, I've used them 3 or 4 more times for a variety of jobs from installing timers to figuring out a problem with a power socket - they've always been great, and it's such a relief to finally have found a great electrician able to tackle the issues of an older home, yet bring great modern solutions to make my life even easier.

Description of Work
Light fixture and timer installations, wiring issues.

Category electrician, lighting

Hi [removed member name]. Thank you for the nice review. We enjoy working with you. Have a great holiday season. Al

11/22/2014

Melissa W.

Al, the owner, was responsive in scheduling the work to be performed. Mike showed up on time and was able to perform all of the requested work with a few additional items: Replaced two exterior fixtures Replaced a flush mount interior fixture Replaced ceiling fan in vault ceiling and prepped the switch box for me to install a dimmer switch (I do have skills) Was nice enough (with his tall ladder) to replace the batteries in a few high smoke detectors and assisted me with some issues with my garage door opener. Mike was a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend S&R. I will call them again for future electrical needs.

Description of Work
Various light fixture installations

Category electrician, lighting

Hi [member name removed] Thank you for the nice review. Enjoy your lights and have a great Thanksgiving. Al

11/21/2014

Matthew H.

They’ve been fantastic. They first time that we worked with them, I was so impressed. They gave me an initial quote and they were very good about investigating the electrical work in our home. They were so honest that they told me that the price for the work was less than what was quoted. It’s a father and son team, and they have other employees as well, and they are so nice, respectful, very clean, and contentious. They take pride in their work and take great care in what they do. We were very impressed and recommend them very highly.

Description of Work
We’ve used them for a number of things. Recently, they put in an outdoor outlet and a dedicated line for a portable generator to be plugged into our house. It also had a dedicated circuit breaker.

Category electrician, generator service

11/20/2014

Robyn W.

They were very good, I was impressed.

Description of Work
He put in an additional circuit box, they upgraded a few things and put in some spot lights.

11/20/2014

Brian L.

They’re prompt, do a good job, and are reasonably priced. We’ve been using them around four years and we always have the same electricians which include a father and son team, and also a third employee.

Description of Work
They are our regular electricians. The recently took out a 220 volt outlet and installed a 110 volt outlet, they converted a two-plug outlet to a four-plug outlet, and they also fixed a halogen light in the bathroom, and replaced a couple of recessed light bulbs. In the past they’ve also done other work which includes working on recessed lights, adding an additional subpanel, and upgrading outlets.

11/18/2014

Lannie K.

I purchased this Big Deal today and called the provider but couldn't get a hold of anyone. I need the work done today so I want to cancel the deal.

08/05/2014

Joseph S.

I contacted them after finding them on Angie's List. This was the first time I have used the company. They did a good job with the work.

Description of Work
I hired them to install an outlet in the wall.

Category electrician

Hi [member name remove] Thank you for the nice review. We look forward to working with you in the future. Thanks. Al Small

07/11/2014

Colleen C.

Prompt, courteous and helpful. I totally trust S&R Electric to do a great job. They clean up and don't leave a mess.

Description of Work
Install walkway lights, rewire garage, install ceiling fan

K Hanrahan Enterprises Inc

The Generator Specialist! We stock over 200 whole home generators, and install 500+ a year. We are a one stop shop. We do not sub contract any work, and we are a Generac factory authorized dealer, warranty dealer, and maintenance dealer. All our technicians are Generac factory certified. We also offer: Bucket truck services, panel upgrades, LED upgrades, emergency service, commercial and industrial services.

Kope Electric LLC

Kope Electric, LLC, is your LOCAL NJ BASED and LICENSED electrical contractor. Proudly serving Hunterdon, Somerset, Morris and Warren counties since 2008, you can expect professional quality service, quick responses, prompt appointments, & industry expertise at a competitive cost. Our commitment to safety and customer satisfaction guarantees your job will be “done once & done right.” Don't risk your home and family by hiring a random contractor who is unqualified, unlicensed, and unresponsive! For all your residential to commercial electrical needs- Trust Kope Electric, 908-722-5673, the area's best electricians!

Offers by Kope Electric LLC on Angi
    B-Tec Electric Co LLC

B-Tec Electric Co LLC is an independent electrical contractor specializing in residential and light commercial electrical service and installations. We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured independent electrical contractors based in New Jersey. We are a family owned & operated business, servicing Morris County as well as Sussex County since 1993.

All residential electrical work, full house power, service upgrades, circuits added, lighting specialists, indoor and outdoor, cabling for phone cable & computer, maintenance of electrical systems. Home Generators and transfer switches, 20 KW and smaller, stand alone systems or portable.